It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Adjustment of Status K1/K3 Visa  (Read 2427 times)

Offline papi

Adjustment of Status K1/K3 Visa
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
i thought this link might be helpful for some after your novia arrives. It answers most of questions I had regarding getting her work and travel authorization, etc., and has the forms.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1k3aos
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline papi

Re: Adjustment of Status K1/K3 Visa
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:30:50 AM »
For guys flush with cash, it probably makes sense to hire G. Bala otherwise VJ does seem to layout the process. What is your take?

I sent the I129F and it arrived at the Texas service center on 4/23. Hopefully I will receive the acknowledgment this week and the approval of the petition shortly thereafter. In reading some of the timelines posted by VJ it seems a lot of these guys are waiting months for the visa but who knows. Hopefully things will move along. Bundy, have you filed yet?
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline bundy_138

• Latinas can be addictive....trust me!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »
Hey Papi...Nope, still waiting on a few forms being sent from Cali, should be here tomorrow via DHL.  Trying to get as much information together as possible for the proof of relationship and continuance of relationship.  Read a few horror stories on Visajourney and do not want my packet delayed for lack of information.  Have you seen the hoops you have to go thru for the medical exam and interview date?  Try and leave a week open for the Bogota trip.  A guy on VJ told me that his novia had her medical on Thursday afternoon and her interview on Monday.  Total time he waited, start to finish for K-1 petition, 13 weeks.

Bundy     
If you don't take care of your woman, someone else will.  (Bundy)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »

Offline papi

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
13 weeks - about 3 months. I would be happy with that...a friend of mine got it done real fast by writing a letter about wedding plans. I will be in Vegas this week where he lives and intend to find out more details on exactly what he did and how long it took.

I too am trying to get ahead of the game and get my ducks in a row. I am a little worried on the petition that they might ask for more proof cause i forgot to include a copy of my passport stamp. I included the picture page but no stamps having entered the country. I sent 3 photos of us together and copies of my plane/hotel receipts. Hopefully that is sufficient and won't delay things. Everything else I was very careful to dot my i's and cross my t's.

Offline bundy_138

• Latinas can be addictive....trust me!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »
Papi, have you been able to find a copy of the form DS-2001 (the old DS-169 form) that arrives to your novia with the packet via the Embassy in Bogota?  It is the list of things she needs to get for the interview (medical exams, police checks, etc)  I found the version in English on visajourney but cannot locate the version in Spanish.  I looked on the Bogota's Embassy website but see no link to this form.  Any suggestions?

Bundy 
If you don't take care of your woman, someone else will.  (Bundy)

Offline papi

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
Bundy, I think the 2001 is a set of instructions - i recall reading that somewhere. Anyway, here is what your novia gets from the embassy:

ANEXOS
A. Declaración OF-169
B. Orden estricto de documentos
C. DS-230 Parte I – Datos Biográficos
D. Solicitud de Visa de No-Inmigrante DS-156 (2 por persona y en español)
E. Non-Immigrant Visa Application DS-156K (1 por persona)
F. Evidencia de Sostenimiento: (Si su peticionario ya presentó la evidencia de sostenimiento ante
el Servicio de Inmigración hace menos de 12 meses, no debe traerlos nuevamente el día de su
entrevista).
G.Affidavit, Forma I-134

Offline papi

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
i think she just needs to sign off on 169 (nothing to fill - it is a declaration she has everything like the 134). She needs to include the completed 230.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 25