It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back from Colombia  (Read 22295 times)

Offline Rschnb67

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Back from Colombia
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:09:57 AM »
Had a very nice week in Cartagena history city very nice and safe I couldn't get over the amount of people bothering you nonstop to buy sunglasses trips to Playa Blanca which by the way was no where's near Paradise it was nothing but hostels and people selling everything for messages to puppies   
Most people were very friendly and nice if they weren't trying to sell you something.    Overall a great experience but happy to be home

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Back from Colombia
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 07:36:55 AM »
hey Rschnb67...thanks for the thoughts...were you able to meet any ladies, and if so what did you think of them? 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
I met a woman that I've been talking to for seven months we met once already in Cancun and we're meeting again in Cancun in September hopefully by Christmas she will have her visa

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:50:35 PM »
I met a woman that I've been talking to for seven months we met once already in Cancun and we're meeting again in Cancun in September hopefully by Christmas she will have her visa

hhhmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »

She is trying to get a "tourist visa" to visit you? 

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »
No

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »
Rsch:

Based on what I'm interpreting by your post, you met her only once in Cancun, and you guys are planning to reconvene in Cancun for your 2nd meeting.

However, I simply assumed by your post title that she was with you in Cartagena.  But after reading the thread about Cancun, now it looks to me like you were in Cartagena without her?

If you were in Cartagena without her... is your Spanish pretty good and/or did you find communication challenging while you were there?

I would also assume you are bringing her on a fiancee visa, since you said "no" to the tourist visa question?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but "Visa Journey" is a forum that has people in various stages of the visa process all over the world, for all types of visas, that you may find up-to-date (as in real time) and helpful.

Buena suerte part ti y tu novia :-)  (Good luck to you and your girlfriend/fiancee)

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 03:04:36 AM »
Yes we met in Cancun once we met in Cartagena once and we are meeting in Cancun again
She's incredible I originally went online and stumbled onto Jamie's site so I was just checking it out
I never expected in a million years to find someone so incredible

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »
Yes we met in Cancun once we met in Cartagena once and we are meeting in Cancun again
She's incredible I originally went online and stumbled onto Jamie's site so I was just checking it out

Great news!! Best of luck!

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »

I can understand why you are being tight-lipped about this. Your approach runs counter to the PL party line but is one that has been used by most of the happily married men here. My advice is, when you find a keeper, keep her!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »

I can understand why you are being tight-lipped about this. Your approach runs counter to the PL party line but is one that has been used by most of the happily married men here. My advice is, when you find a keeper, keep her!
Was used by Jason A. His marriage lasted 14 months...

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 02:37:46 AM »
This is why I don't blast my information all over here I didn't even want to post anything people like mambo cowboy and their two cents without knowing what's even going on think they know everything. People asked for a trip report that's all I was doing
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:39:33 AM by Rschnb67 »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:06:56 AM »
This is why I don't blast my information all over here I didn't even want to post anything people like mambo cowboy and their two cents without knowing what's even going on think they know everything. People asked for a trip report that's all I was doing
I must have missed the trip report lol. Taking your girl on vacation isn't the best way to prepare for foreign marriage. At any rate, good luck you'll need it.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:06:56 AM »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »
Hey man I was married to an American woman for 20 years it was miserable and now I found somebody sweet and I'm trying my best to get to know her little by little I don't need you bashing me. If you're such an expert what are you even doing on this site ? if you're happily married why don't you go enjoy your wife instead of commenting on every other post.   

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »
Rschnb67...sarcastic remarks and petty bickering is all you will get here.  So don't sweat anything anyone says from this site.

God Speed & Good Luck

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »
I see that !! every time somebody puts a comment up the same five people jump all over them like they are some authority on women. I wasn't looking for advice I only put my trip report because somebody asked me to.  that guy I'm sure is a loser and thinks he's a big shot here on the Internet good for him he's the king of foreign brides

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 05:03:13 PM »
I see that !! every time somebody puts a comment up the same five people jump all over them like they are some authority on women. I wasn't looking for advice I only put my trip report because somebody asked me to.  that guy I'm sure is a loser and thinks he's a big shot here on the Internet good for him he's the king of foreign brides
There was no trip report ; nothing that would be considered a trip report by PL standards. you don't want any feedback from a guy who is married to a Colombiana, why are you here? And stop sending me PM's telling me not to comment on your thread.  What do you want? A parade because you might get married? Any Adam Henry can get married. Making it work is more challenging, Mr. Thin Skin.

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »
You're right tool.  I am going to just break up with her now because what's the point of getting to know someone when the only guy in the world who understands women is you.  Maybe I don't have time to grab a backpack and live in a hut for six months in another country to get to know somebody like you do I have a job and benefits and a very big 401(k) plan so I'll just save myself the heart ache it take your advice and break up with her thanks you can carry-on with your great life being the senior adviser here and everybody in the world who finds a woman from another country should check with you. I was just saying how my trip went I wasn't asking for your two cents so keep it to yourself a hole

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »

Too good to be true eh?

Betcha she is saying the same thing about a guy that paid her way to Cancun..twice yet..

Jeeze three weeks a woman and shes incredible and your gonna marry her..what a fairy tale..

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
Hey man I was married to an American woman for 20 years it was miserable and now I found somebody sweet and I'm trying my best to get to know her little by little I don't need you bashing me. If you're such an expert what are you even doing on this site ? if you're happily married why don't you go enjoy your wife instead of commenting on every other post.   

Because he is trying to give you a warning Mr. Naive....

Just make sure that liitle head doing all the thinking for you doesnt give you a sprain..

Marrage to a foreign woman is a serious thing. Not some "get her a Visa and bring her home-like requisitioning a little portable R&R.

Hope you dont mind sharing 50% of your 401(K)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:35:24 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline benjio

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 06:48:35 PM »
Can we all be honest here and admit that no warning a fellow board member has received via this forum with regard to how he chooses to court a woman in another country has altered that man's course of action. I can't remember a single time. And with that being said....as negative or as positive as we choose to be based on a guy's situation, what we say has no bearing on the relationship's outcome. At this point I say congratulate a guy and let him make grown man decisions instead of treating him like a teenager you just gave the cars keys for the first time. If it works out....AWESOME!!! Another fairy tale that will convince the next dozen gringos lurking on this site that they can make the same thing happen for themselves. If it doesn't work out no one will have to pay the price except the guy that didn't listen. And ultimately, that's just heartache he'll get over and money he can make again.

Give the guy a break already. He sounds happy to me. And as short as this life is, for the time being that's all that matters.

Offline benjio

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »
A few years ago I tried to warn a guy via PM about a girl I knew personally and he still didn't listen. Check the archives. We need to let everyone here make their choices and live with them.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:56:42 PM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »
I agree with Expat. There are no fairy tale foreign marriages. And Benjio I  remember LatinSharpei well. The thread where he came back to tell us the gory details was probably the best thread ever on this site...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »

Sounds like a very good time you are having.  Any particular reason you are hitting Cancun a 2nd time?  I mean so many different countries/places to check out with a beautiful woman.  Perhaps there is a limitation due to her Colombian citizenship?

Thanks,
Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 02:15:03 AM »
No we just like Cancun and logistically it's easy to get to hey ex-pat who says I'm paying her way?
Like I said the same four or five idiots with their comments like they are the authority on everything this site cracks me up. Why don't you guys go enjoy your beautiful Columbian wives instead of being online all the time

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300