It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Bogotá Trip  (Read 10709 times)

Offline cdr1974

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Bogotá Trip
« on: June 06, 2016, 04:55:13 PM »
Well as promised, here is a little on my 2 weeks in Bogotá with 2 days left here.

I arrived and met a girl from Cupid. I had not great attraction to her but she was sweet. There was no chemistry and I never met her again.

My hotel was in a great location, right near Parque 93. This was my first time to Bogota. I only used Cupid which I believe was my downfall. I had planned on using the agencies too but did not.

I met around 6 girls only. They where all sweet apart from one who I could tell was only after money. I did not have chemistry with any to be honest.  I liked one girl who was only 26, she openly admitted she was bisexual which did not bother me.
I dated her 4-5 times before I thought I was wasting my time has I had only around 60% chemistry with her. The fact we had sex on our second date was off putting but was still good.

I really like the girls in Bogota,  more than the girls on the coast. I also had many days where I did not meet anyone. Not easy when they work.

A little disappointed I did not meet someone I had real chemistry with. I am coming back in Sept for a further 2 weeks. This time using Cupid and the agencies.

I found some of the girls in Cupid, even though they give me their number to chat in whatsapp had no real interest in meeting at all. I am currently in contact with only the girl I dated 4 times but cannot see anything developing if I am honest.

Any questions,  please feel free to ask. I would also like to ask if anyone could give me advice on improving my chances next time, meet more girls for example.

I have learned many things whilst here and hope my next trip is more successful.

I am now wondering what to do with 2 days left here?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:09:01 PM by cdr1974 »

Offline Dan Las Vegas

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Bogotá Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »
Go see the gold museum, Candaleria, Botero Museum, Simon Bolivar plaza, Monserratte, Visit a couple of the malls, The Quinta of Simon Bolivar, The salt Cathedral (north of Bogota). That should keep you busy

Dan LV

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »
The salt Cathedral (north of Bogota).
Dan LV

Went there with my ex-girlfriend.  Enjoyable trip.    Also the Gold Museum too.   The Plaza Bolivar is nice - many birds'  'The Trafalgar Square' of Bogota!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 06:57:52 PM »
Well as promised, here is a little on my 2 weeks in Bogotá with 2 days left here.

I arrived and met a girl from Cupid. I had not great attraction to her but she was sweet. There was no chemistry and I never met her again.

My hotel was in a great location, right near Parque 93. This was my first time to Bogota. I only used Cupid which I believe was my downfall. I had planned on using the agencies too but did not.

I met around 6 girls only. They where all sweet apart from one who I could tell was only after money. I did not have chemistry with any to be honest.  I liked one girl who was only 26, she openly admitted she was bisexual which did not bother me.
I dated her 4-5 times before I thought I was wasting my time has I had only around 60% chemistry with her. The fact we had sex on our second date was off putting but was still good.

I really like the girls in Bogota,  more than the girls on the coast. I also had many days where I did not meet anyone. Not easy when they work.

A little disappointed I did not meet someone I had real chemistry with. I am coming back in Sept for a further 2 weeks. This time using Cupid and the agencies.

I found some of the girls in Cupid, even though they give me their number to chat in whatsapp had no real interest in meeting at all. I am currently in contact with only the girl I dated 4 times but cannot see anything developing if I am honest.

Any questions,  please feel free to ask. I would also like to ask if anyone could give me advice on improving my chances next time, meet more girls for example.

I have learned many things whilst here and hope my next trip is more successful.

I am now wondering what to do with 2 days left here?
Thanks for the report Craig. Since you mentioned the lack of chemistry my advice for your strategy is next time aim higher and try to meet hotter women on Cupid....

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 10:32:30 PM »
Thanks for the report Craig. Since you mentioned the lack of chemistry my advice for your strategy is next time aim higher and try to meet hotter women on Cupid....

I though the Girls i was meeting looked good on cupid there was just no chemistry in person when we meet or they looked different, ie, put more weight on etc. Lots of the girls put older pics on as we know. In all honesty,  I did only meet 6 and that is not many at all. I did have around 15 contacts but many flaked out when I got here or made repeat excuses. 

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »

I though the Girls i was meeting looked good on cupid there was just no chemistry in person when we meet or they looked different, ie, put more weight on etc. Lots of the girls put older pics on as we know. In all honesty,  I did only meet 6 and that is not many at all. I did have around 15 contacts but many flaked out when I got here or made repeat excuses.

Hey Craig. Thanks for the report. Yeah, I hear you. Lots of flakes on Cupid. I've been there and done that. And yes, they more often than not look "different" (i.e., worse) in person. I've never had much success with Cupid.

Obviously, we've had several guys on the board get married through Cupid so it clearly can work. But I don't know how they did it. They know how to use it better than I do or they are just very photogenic, good looking and/or funny or all of the above.

Next time definitely get the agency lined up so you are firing on all cylinders. Did you get out on your own and just meet ladies out in public places (bars, cafes, stores, etc.)?  I've had more luck that way...

I don't know what time your flight leaves but try to get to the airport early. I saw a ton of beautiful women in the airport in Bogota on my way to Cali. Try to get some numbers on your way out. I've obtained numbers at airports in Panama City and Managua. I know a guy in the states who met his Mexicana wife at the airport. So don't give up yet. You can let them know you'll be back for two weeks in Sept.

What did you mean you prefer the ladies in Bogota over the women on the coast? Physical traits or something else?

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »

It has been my experience that most guys use Colombian Cupid to find women to go out with and enjoy each others company. So I would be interested in knowing how women reacted when you let them know that you were on a wife hunting mission or did you just play it like you were just interested in getting to know them without the pretense of marriage as a goal?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 06:53:56 AM »

\

Yeah once I saw a girl whose quality of the photos (as well as fashion / hair style)  looked to be in the 1980s LOL.

I just saw a '50 years old' woman using the very same photo when I first used the cupid site about 9 years ago LOL, making me wonder how long her photo had been there!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »
Thanks for the report Craig...I'm sure you are able to find some fun even without finding a particular lady this trip. 

Like Hector, I'm curious what you liked more in terms of ladies from Bogota vs the Coastal regions?

Are you at all 'winded' do to the high elevation?  How cold is it there?

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »
Hey Craig. Thanks for the report. Yeah, I hear you. Lots of flakes on Cupid. I've been there and done that. And yes, they more often than not look "different" (i.e., worse) in person. I've never had much success with Cupid.

Obviously, we've had several guys on the board get married through Cupid so it clearly can work. But I don't know how they did it. They know how to use it better than I do or they are just very photogenic, good looking and/or funny or all of the above.

Next time definitely get the agency lined up so you are firing on all cylinders. Did you get out on your own and just meet ladies out in public places (bars, cafes, stores, etc.)?  I've had more luck that way...

I don't know what time your flight leaves but try to get to the airport early. I saw a ton of beautiful women in the airport in Bogota on my way to Cali. Try to get some numbers on your way out. I've obtained numbers at airports in Panama City and Managua. I know a guy in the states who met his Mexicana wife at the airport. So don't give up yet. You can let them know you'll be back for two weeks in Sept.

What did you mean you prefer the ladies in Bogota over the women on the coast? Physical traits or something else?

The girls on the coast are far more laid back, notbas responsible. Like to part more. The girls in bogota are more responsible. More adapted.  Obviously this does not mean everyone but from my experience of meeting girls on the coast and here they differ in this way.

I thought about trying to meet girls in the malls, bars etc but was unsure how to approach them, obviously not knowing if they was even single, I thought this would be difficult.

Cupid is not easy. Many girls have NO interest at all in meeting anyone, they like the attention they receive.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 09:33:40 AM »

It has been my experience that most guys use Colombian Cupid to find women to go out with and enjoy each others company. So I would be interested in knowing how women reacted when you let them know that you were on a wife hunting mission or did you just play it like you were just interested in getting to know them without the pretense of marriage as a goal?

I simply told them I was seeking a serious relationship. Wanting to get to know someone really well. Everyone I met through Cupid thought was born and I never got a bad reaction from anyone.  I told them my goals. The fact if I did meet someone I would return to spend more time with that girl.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »
Thanks for the report Craig...I'm sure you are able to find some fun even without finding a particular lady this trip. 

Like Hector, I'm curious what you liked more in terms of ladies from Bogota vs the Coastal regions?

Are you at all 'winded' do to the high elevation?  How cold is it there?

Fathertime!

Hey buddy. Hows it going?

The weather here is great around 20c Not cold and not hot. The altitude has not bothered me at all. I like the climate here. You can still go out in the day in jeans and a shirt.

With regards to the woman being different,  I put my comments in Hector's response above.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
As I said previously,  my biggest downfall was only meeting around 6 woman. We all know this is a numbers game, the more the better. You have to be extremely lucky to find the one meeting so few woman I believe.

We also all know this is not something to rush, if there is not high level of chemistry,  then what is the point of pursuing it. I dated a girl whilst here 4 times to make sure I was not discounting her but in the end I simply knew in my heart she was not for me. There was simply not enough chemistry.

I will use the agencies and Cupid in September,  I had many days here when I had downtime.  I want yo learn from this, obviously meet more woman to improve the chances.  I have a plan to get some cards made up with a small profile and picture etc, hand these out to girls in the malls,  street etc etc. Anything think this is a stupid idea?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »

The girls on the coast are far more laid back, not as responsible. Like to part more. The girls in bogota are more responsible. More adapted.  Obviously this does not mean everyone but from my experience of meeting girls on the coast and here they differ in this way.

Oh come on, the key question is how hot are they physically! Ok, just kidding (sort of). I'd imagine as the capital city Bogota gets a lot of women from all over the country which leads to more variety in terms of physical attributes (as compared to the coast)?

I thought about trying to meet girls in the malls, bars etc but was unsure how to approach them, obviously not knowing if they was even single, I thought this would be difficult.

Yeah, it can be a little intimidating to do this in a foreign country in a language that is not your native tongue. But you've got nothing to lose. If done with respect, I've found MOST of the ladies in Latin America to be gracious when approached. Obviously, don't approach a woman who is with a guy or in a group that includes guys. Clearly this is not a terribly efficient method but if you are "challenged" in being photogenic (like me), you might find this produces better results in meeting women with whom you feel some initial physical chemistry.

Cupid is not easy. Many girls have NO interest at all in meeting anyone, they like the attention they receive.

You did better than I did using Cupid. Spent one week in Cali and only met one lady via Cupid. Everything else was from cold approach and agency.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »

I will use the agencies and Cupid in September,  I had many days here when I had downtime.  I want yo learn from this, obviously meet more woman to improve the chances.  I have a plan to get some cards made up with a small profile and picture etc, hand these out to girls in the malls,  street etc etc. Anything think this is a stupid idea?

Yeah, it sounds a little cheesy but why the hell not?  It has been suggested by others in different threads and anything that can lead to meeting somebody special seems worth trying.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »
Oh come on, the key question is how hot are they physically! Ok, just kidding (sort of). I'd imagine as the capital city Bogota gets a lot of women from all over the country which leads to more variety in terms of physical attributes (as compared to the coast)?

Yeah of course how hot they are counts lol

The girls on the coast are less covered up of course due to the temperature there. I am not saying for one minute the girls on the coast are not hot because many are dam hot. I also like the girls on the coast. I just feel the girls in bogota are more responsible and not as laid back.  You could look at that 2 ways I suppose, both good and bad.

I know when I went to Baq, I had far more dates then here in bogota but I only used the agency in Baq and that was a few years ago. Its an option I must again consider of course.

As I have already said, my downfall here in Bogota was lack of dates, nothing more.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 06:22:32 PM »

Interesting point about photogenic. I paid to have my photos professionally but affordably done at a local mall. I used those photos on LAC and my now wife still talks about how she saw my photo, said "see man si esta bueno," and invited me to chat. So I think getting the photos done professionally definitely helped.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »
Interesting point about photogenic. I paid to have my photos professionally but affordably done at a local mall. I used those photos on LAC and my now wife still talks about how she saw my photo, said "see man si esta bueno," and invited me to chat. So I think getting the photos done professionally definitely helped.

I 100% agree  even though I did not do this. I certainly will for my next trip. I turned my profile off on Cupid. I will reopen a couple of weeks before I travel again next time. By having professional pics done, I can give these the agencies I will be using so a win win situation and for very little cost.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »

MC: I agree and I have had photos done professionally. Definitely better than what I can produce on my own. But you could put a gun to my head and I'd still have trouble producing a natural shot and/or smile.

I am missing the translation?  "see man si esta bueno,"    See if this is a good man?  See this man he is good?

Did you and your wife skype (or webcam) before you went to meet her or was the only visual you had from Cupid?

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:50 PM »
I 100% agree  even though I did not do this. I certainly will for my next trip. I turned my profile off on Cupid. I will reopen a couple of weeks before I travel again next time. By having professional pics done, I can give these the agencies I will be using so a win win situation and for very little cost.

Yep, I agree. Get them done professionally. You will be spending money on the agency anyway and want to put your best foot forward.

With regards to the ladies, yes, I am sure nearly every corner of Colombia has beautiful women. Bogota from the airport and C.C./L.A.C. looks to have plenty of cute girls. I am partial to the look on the coast and in Cali but I like them all.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »
MC: I agree and I have had photos done professionally. Definitely better than what I can produce on my own. But you could put a gun to my head and I'd still have trouble producing a natural shot and/or smile.

I am missing the translation?  "see man si esta bueno,"    See if this is a good man?  See this man he is good?

Did you and your wife skype (or webcam) before you went to meet her or was the only visual you had from Cupid?

We chatted a few days ( I was still chatting with several others) before skyping. I loved her personality and was attracted to her but not exceptionally. When I met her in person the first time I was amazed how hot she was...where my wife is from bueno means the same as llindo or  guapo ...

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
You mention the word chemistry and I agree with you - it's either there or it isn't. Even women that are attractive, you can meet them and find there's nothing there.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 08:29:57 AM »
You mention the word chemistry and I agree with you - it's either there or it isn't. Even women that are attractive, you can meet them and find there's nothing there.

I totally agree 100%. She may be a nice girl, decent looking but if you do not find the chemistry what is the point.

I met one girl 4 times just to make sure I was not over reacting and one girl twice. I thought I found them decent looking but I could never sleep with them because there was no chemistry there are simply not enough.to even consider a relationship.

I made that mistake once with a girl. Wasted a lot of time and money dating her for a few months when I always knew from the start there was not any chemistry  or not enough but stupidly I ignored it

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 08:29:57 AM »

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 09:03:29 AM »
Can I ask you guys.

After reading my trip report, what if anything would you have done differently if you had been in my shoes?

I want to learn and pick up ideas for my next trip in September.  Bearing in mind. I have been away from this dating seen in Colombia for quite a few years and this was my first trip to Colombia trying to find someone for about 5-6 years

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Can I ask you guys.

After reading my trip report, what if anything would you have done differently if you had been in my shoes?

I want to learn and pick up ideas for my next trip in September.  Bearing in mind. I have been away from this dating seen in Colombia for quite a few years and this was my first trip to Colombia trying to find someone for about 5-6 years

If I were you I would have spent more time just trying to make some good friends that you could hang out with when you go back.....airbnb...couch surfing....gringo tuesdays or by any means necessary to build a social circle.

Then once you have friends make plans to do things together and just invite chicks to go along.....sometimes I'll invite 2 or 3 different chicks if I'm going out with a large group......skip formal dating if at all possible....too expensive and way to time consuming especially if it is in a Friday or Saturday night.

As a rule I only take girls out on a formal date if I already know them and  we have chemistry.

But I don't tell women that I'm looking for a serious relationship nor to I get into long deep conversations with women that I don't know personally....I chat women up enough in a playful friendly manner to get them interested in meeting me and then see what happens. Most Colombian women know that you are just friends until you actually get it on..... so I wouldn't worry about offending them by having other female friends around when you go out. But then again I don't hold out the prospect of a serious relationship to any woman before actually meeting her or even before we have sex....what would be the point....how would you even know if the two of you clicked in the sack.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 302