It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Trip to Bogota/Neiva Thanksgiving 2013...  (Read 7375 times)

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Trip to Bogota/Neiva Thanksgiving 2013...
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
I can't believe my first trip to Colombia is less than a week away.  My plan is to stay 4 days in bogota and 2 in Neiva.    I'll be spending a week there and meeting up with some friends.  I'll also be meeting a nice lady I've been talking to since July.  My flight is a non-stop direct from MCO to BOG.  Crazy but true, it's actually a shorter flight than MCO to LAX.  I'll  post more info and thoughts before my departure. 
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trip to Bogota/Neiva Thanksgiving 2013...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
I can't believe my first trip to Colombia is less than a week away.  My plan is to stay 4 days in bogota and 2 in Neiva.    I'll be spending a week there and meeting up with some friends.  I'll also be meeting a nice lady I've been talking to since July.  My flight is a non-stop direct from MCO to BOG.  Crazy but true, it's actually a shorter flight than MCO to LAX.  I'll  post more info and thoughts before my departure.

Well Mr Donut, you have been around a long time, and been to a lotta places, so it shall be interesting to get your perspective after the trip...so good luck with the lady in Colombia! 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline DRGUY1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »

Good Luck JD… I went on my first trip to Bogota last month and loved it.

Met some great ladies too!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:50:38 AM »

James,

Just curious...what drew you to Neiva? Did you meet a girl online from there?

Offline beulah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
James I hope have a positive experience with the lady. And I hope you decide to post a report detailing the women and terrain

Offline raycjs

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
Good luck on your trip... when you get back please let m know what Neiva was all about..Never Been...

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
I leave on my trip to Medellin in about a week,  this is the first time I have traveling to be with one girl,  but I think that is the best way if you already have connected and are camming daily, otherwise its cool to set up as many as you like..
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 04:58:33 PM »
JD:  How did the trip go? We never heard back from you.

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »
JD:  How did the trip go? We never heard back from you.

Indeed, I never did report.  I took a 1 week vacation to Bogota/Neiva to meet a perspective lady I had met online.  Since it has been 3 years a lot of the details are fuzzy but in short it was a fun trip but not a bad decision to go.

I had a great time visiting some of the tourist attractions and the lady I went to meet was a good person.  Problem was her family was just way too "influential" for my taste.  Overbearing is another work how I would describe them, too eager wanting to see her marry.  But I felt I didn't "click" with them or her enough to want to take things to the next level.  Overall I enjoyed Colombia but in the end it made me rethink about wanting to be with a Latina. 

Cheers,

James 
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 04:49:31 PM »
Indeed, I never did report.  I took a 1 week vacation to Bogota/Neiva to meet a perspective lady I had met online.  Since it has been 3 years a lot of the details are fuzzy but in short it was a fun trip but not a bad decision to go.

I had a great time visiting some of the tourist attractions and the lady I went to meet was a good person.  Problem was her family was just way too "influential" for my taste.  Overbearing is another work how I would describe them, too eager wanting to see her marry.  But I felt I didn't "click" with them or her enough to want to take things to the next level.  Overall I enjoyed Colombia but in the end it made me rethink about wanting to be with a Latina. 

Cheers,

James

Captain James T. Kirk

Sorry that it did not work out for you with that Latina whom you've met, but don't give up if you really want a Latina.  But, glad you have enjoyed your trip though.

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 07:08:44 AM »
Or try Philippines

Of everyone I know personally from this forum and others forums or met in person, 75% are divorced from their Latina wives and 90% still married to their Pinas. When I ask why, they tell me the Pinas are more Loyal.

Others guys here can attest yes or no but that is what my friends tell me.
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
Or try Philippines

Of everyone I know personally from this forum and others forums or met in person, 75% are divorced from their Latina wives and 90% still married to their Pinas. When I ask why, they tell me the Pinas are more Loyal.

This is my experience as well. I don't think it's because Filipinas are more loyal though. When Latinas love truly, they love HARD!!!! I think it's because Asian Women are much more calculating. They consider risk vs. reward very carefully in all their decisions. Latinas are more "live for the moment" type of people and don't always take the repercussions of their choices into consideration. LatinSharpei's thread about money creating a monster is a perfect example. All this girl had to do was control her temper and he would have kept taking very good care of her. He was sending her more money than she could ever earn with some BS job in Barranquilla but it's like she never thought about the possibility of driving him away with her behavior. And not to pick on LS because I see a ton of them doing things like that. The first girl I dated from Barranquilla years ago decided not to come to the U.S. after I started the visa process so I broke up with her. All this only to come back crying and begging me to take her back proclaiming she now wanted to come to the U.S. I don't think I've ever heard of Filipinas doing things like that. I might be wrong though. In all the relationships I know of (including my own) where a Latina screwed it up for one reason or another, they'll usually openly admit it was the dumbest thing they ever did. They just never think about that at the time and they'll do it again if given the opportunity. Of course my argument here is completely nullified by the fact that if you bring them stateside and they want to divorce you, it's actually a decision with results that are usually very much so in their favor. 

I still actually prefer the "live for the moment" attitude of Latino culture though. I've often heard a lot of guys in the U.S. say things like, "Man those Colombian Girls are crazy!!!" Or, "Man those Puerto Rican Girls are crazy!!" To which I always respond, "Nah, they're just very, very spontaneous!" To each his own.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:34:18 AM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »

This is my experience as well. I don't think it's because Filipinas are more loyal though. When Latinas love truly, they love HARD!!!! I think it's because Asian Women are much more calculating. They consider risk vs. reward very carefully in all their decisions. Latinas are more "live for the moment" type of people and don't always take the repercussions of their choices into consideration. LatinSharpei's thread about money creating a monster is a perfect example. All this girl had to do was control her temper and he would have kept taking very good care of her. He was sending her more money than she could ever earn with some BS job in Barranquilla but it's like she never thought about the possibility of driving him away with her behavior. And not to pick on LS because I see a ton of them doing things like that. The first girl I dated from Barranquilla years ago decided not to come to the U.S. after I started the visa process so I broke up with her. All this only to come back crying and begging me to take her back proclaiming she now wanted to come to the U.S. I don't think I've ever heard of Filipinas doing things like that. I might be wrong though. In all the relationships I know of (including my own) where a Latina screwed it up for one reason or another, they'll usually openly admit it was the dumbest thing they ever did. They just never think about that at the time and they'll do it again if given the opportunity. Of course my argument here is completely nullified by the fact that if you bring them stateside and they want to divorce you, it's actually a decision with results that are usually very much so in their favor. 

I still actually prefer the "live for the moment" attitude of Latino culture though. I've often heard a lot of guys in the U.S. say things like, "Man those Colombian Girls are crazy!!!" Or, "Man those Puerto Rican Girls are crazy!!" To which I always respond, "Nah, they're just very, very spontaneous!" To each his own.
Spot on in my experience. My wife is the most spontaneous woman I have ever met, but as .much as I love that, it comes with some drawbacks. If you're a typical gringo who likes peace and calm in a relationship, marry an Asian woman. If you marry a latina, you better be flexible and able to weather the inevitable highs and lows...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
Or try Philippines

I am on CB (Cherryblossoms),  I talk to a Pinay who lives near Houston, working for her 'boss'.   I asked her why she put her light out when webcamming with me.  She told me that she did not want to wake her boss up.   Go figure!   I confronted her... finally it was her husband who is around 70!   Obviously she isn't loyal to him.   Not the 1st time Pinays did that to me.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 02:56:30 PM »

I am on CB (Cherryblossoms),  I talk to a Pinay who lives near Houston, working for her 'boss'.   I asked her why she put her light out when webcamming with me.  She told me that she did not want to wake her boss up.   Go figure!   I confronted her... finally it was her husband who is around 70!   Obviously she isn't loyal to him.   Not the 1st time Pinays did that to me.
You sure do run into a lot of scammers.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
Just like any online match facilitating site geared to anywhere, you have to pick carefully and most women by far, will not be great long term 'picks' to marry,

But having dated women from almost every part of the world, I just find that the right Filipina, perhaps best chances being with a gal raised in the provinces, the 'country side' --- but then  college educated and working in a bigger city, with her 'traditional' values still intact, is a great choice.

I wanna know what I'm coming home to and that it's gonna be good. No, not boring, as my wife tries to surprise me quite a bit in good ways. Very, very few tantrums and tirades, quick to forgive and forget the stupid, insensitive sh!t I do.

During 'that time of the month' all bets are off, but that's everywhere. The other 26 or so other days of the month, she tends to spoil me---manicures, facials, breakfast in bed, loves to iron clothes, cook, handle all my family's birthdays and other important dates.

She makes sure I look good. Just one example is she begged me to donate all my pleated dress pants, so I did. No shorts without 'no show' socks- that kind of stuff. She sees me checking out the pretty young ladies and even harmlessly flirting with them, but she accepts that and doesn't dare do that with guys. As long as I'm not actively chatting babes online or 'sexting' THAT' (along with drug use) is where draws the line. But we're fine and those things aren't my style anyhow.

I got steak waiting at home, why go out looking for hamburger? (Paul Newman quote)

Plus they speak English, so a lot or language 'misunderstandings are avoided. USA companies, especially in the 'white bread' areas, are often receptive to hiring Filipinas. They've proven themselves to typically be good, able workers.

But the way I look at it, when I was in my twenties and thirties, the Latina drama, the 'kisses and hand grenades' my Uncles dealt with their Latina wives, all, ultimately ending in divorce, made me wary. Three Latina Aunts and they spoke Spanish so fast, I never caught on to learning much Spanish. For me, playing the field 'free lance' it was tolerable, even fun then. But as you get in your forties and fifties, that crap, any drama and long standing grudges or passive aggression,  is gonna get REALLY old.

Besides, there's so many 'looks' in the Philippines, from milky white skin, along with non chinky, non 'slanty' eyes, to the classic Asian looking eyes on the women there.  Some have western style (size) noses. Then there are strong Chinese, Japanese and more recently, Korean 'looks' amongst the females. A real 'candy store.' My wife is often mistaken as being a Latina. Then there's also more straight up Asian looking and Indian looks as well as others---on and on. 'Only' about 60 million females to choose from.....

But the bottom line is that they often have great dispositions, libidos that'd wear out Foghorn Leghorn (words like 'no', begging off terms 'like I'm tired, I have a headache' are almost unheard of. Some will even initiate 'action'--the now proverbial 'Angel on the street, devil in the bedroom.' If I'm too tired to 'lay pipe'--I better have a good excuse---intimacy is seen as an 'obligation.'

While they tend to have a sense of style, most won't break the bank on high end clothing, but still dress very well and will typically ask your approval before buying never mind wearing any clothes that might be a bit 'risque'.

I had to pretty much argue with my wife to get her to accept the idea of an Apple watch, 2nd  generation for a Christmas present. She thought $369 is wayyy too much. I have probably thirty watches worth as many thousands. I love automatic, 'mechanical movement' Swiss, German, some Seiko and Deep Blue watches, just to name a few favorites. When a black Friday deal on the Uber nice Bulova Moon Watch special edition, with the really nice metal braclet, showed up, she asked if she could get it for me for Christmas. Go figure. I wanted brown socks and white underwear!  Then she still wants to buy me another $100 bottle of Christian Dior men's Eau Dior Homme for men!

If I had to do it all again, I'd be back in Asia. The women in the Philippines are changing to an extent as things modernize, but Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos would also be considered, but unfortunately, most women there speak little English.

But THINK, and be careful what you wish for!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 07:40:44 AM »

You've never put your wife in the atavar.  I rest my case

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »

You've never put your wife in the atavar.  I rest my case
What case are you making?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »

I dont know, the one I am with is certifiable..

Once again good posT Benjio..hit the bail on the head.

Basically Colombian woman are good for a good time, not a long time...

Why anyone would drag one of their asses back to he US, I have no idea..

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 04:31:40 PM »

I wouldnt say she is a scammer..just wants someone more virile to "take care of her" when old saggy balls is snoring away,,

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »

I dont know, the one I am with is certifiable..

Once again good posT Benjio..hit the bail on the head.

Basically Colombian woman are good for a good time, not a long time...

Why anyone would drag one of their asses back to he US, I have no idea..

Speak for yourself dude.  I can see why ANY woman is only good for a short time and not a long time WITH YOU EXPAT.  If your real live personality is anything like your online persona I can see EXACTLY why women can only stand to put up with you for only a short period of time.  That's why you're in Colombia in the first place it's the one place where you think the women are destitute enough and desperate enough to tolerate a degenerate such as yourself.

Quite a few posters here and plenty of men who don't post here have brought Colombian women back to the states and are enjoying wonderful happy long-lasting marriages.  Why?  Because their wives believe them to be good guys who know how to treat a woman, something you obviously haven't figured out in your 60 something years of life experience.  You're pathetic dude.  Wait, have I said that before?  Jajajajaa!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 338