It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Brazil Trip Report Part 1  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Long_Way

• Probie
Brazil Trip Report Part 1
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:56:10 PM »

First, I would like to thanks all the members of this forum. Although I have not been a member, I have been reading this forum for almost 5 years and I am very grateful to all for the advises provided. I just come back from Brazil and I thought it will be a good idea for me to contribute also. I would like to caution the readers that what I am going to write is just my impression and the way I perceive the things: any reader may agree or disagree: it is not a scientific study but just my impression, which may be wrong or right. Since I considere my experience to be unique to myself, I will share it as it is (including streingths and pitfalls).The readers would like to forgive me for the grammatical mistakes: I was born in a french speaking country in Africa, close to Angola, through French is like my first language and English my second language. When I was a kid, I spent 4 years in Angola where portuguese is the official language. Since then, I have lived in the country where portuguese is not spoken. Consequently, I can get around easily with my broken portuguese. I spent almost one month in Brazil (from May 18 to June 16, 2006). I just come back to USA yesterday.
I am 32 years old now, a US citizen by naturalization.  I studied here and graduated from Us university. While still a student, I had chances of dating american girls. But, having been born outside of USA and brought up in a different culture, I found that it was good for me to look for partner whose culture had a lot of similarities with the culture I grew up. Thus, my choice for Brazil.
When I went to Brazil, I didn't have in my head any special girl to meet. My intention was to visit this country that has always fascinated me, to meet people and learn about the culture. In fact, I believe that someone who is searching for a lasting relationship or marriage has no other choice than learning the culture of his soulmate. Communication is very important in the marriage and how people communicate is closely tied to the culture. To learn the culture, one has to learn the language because the language is an integral part of the culture. In the past, I bought many addresses from Latin euro. I wrote to many girls but very few responded. It was hard for me to understand until I went to Brazil.

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
RE: Brazil Trip Report Part 1
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »
Thanks for posting. I look forward to reading more about your trip!!!:D

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0