It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: colombia jake, AKA Medellin loco, hangs himself in jail  (Read 36175 times)

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: colombia jake, AKA Medellin loco, hangs himself in jail
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »

I'm only going by what Calipro posted.  Calipro personally spoke with guys who were very well acquainted with jake, guys who didn't even like jake.  So I have reason to believe what they say when they say that jake wasn't in the business of pimping underage girls, and he didn't even have very much money.  Why would these guys lie to Calipro to protect jake's reputation when they didn't even like the guy?

I never said I feel sorry for anybody.  I'm simply saying it's wrong to falsely and deliberately accuse someone of pimping underage girls when he wasn't pimping underage girls.

"The guy's dead now so who cares you reap what you sow".  Huh?  So just because jake's dead it doesn't matter that the Colombian authorities completely railroaded an innocent man?

You, fuzzyone, are a supreme idiot.  I'm surprised you can even figure out to use a computer enough to be able to post on this board.

So Calipro tells you something now it is the truth??? Talking about a idiot, that makes you well the biggest idiot on here right now since pappy and a couple of other clowns disappeared from here. I will stand by my words looking at his web site ,he was nothing but a pimp and I would bet it did not take much prodding to get him for pimping underage girls. Have you never heard the term you reap what you sow? I would guess you should change your name from awesome to mentally challenged !

Offline Fuzzyone

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

So Calipro tells you something now it is the truth???

Calipro's version of the story makes more sense than the police version.

If jake was in the business of pimping underage girls then he should have a few on speed dial ready to jump into a taxi and be at his apartment ready to go.  If jake was in the business of pimping underage girls he wouldn't have to take his client to a seedy street corner downtown.

And so what if jake was hooking up gringos with ADULT Colombian hookers?  That alone doesn't make him deserving of what they did to him.  I don't see how he was harming anybody.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2017, 08:44:56 AM »
Calipro's version of the story makes more sense than the police version.

If jake was in the business of pimping underage girls then he should have a few on speed dial ready to jump into a taxi and be at his apartment ready to go.  If jake was in the business of pimping underage girls he wouldn't have to take his client to a seedy street corner downtown.

And so what if jake was hooking up gringos with ADULT Colombian hookers?  That alone doesn't make him deserving of what they did to him.  I don't see how he was harming anybody.

I guess the 13 year old they found at his place was just cleaning the house right?? The words predator come to mind.....

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »

I guess the 13 year old they found at his place was just cleaning the house right?? The words predator come to mind.....

Fuzzy

There was never any 13 year old or any other underage girl at Jake's place.

Jake was arrested at a cheap hotel in el centro....Didn't you see the TV video?

The teenage girl was with the informant in the Motel room.

If you go to Lleras to eat breakfast in the morning you can meet a dozen or more gringos every morning.

Most knew Jake and plenty have used his services.

I personally have never met the guy.....and the guys that have don't usually have anything nice to say about him.....but the consensus of the guys that knew him well is.....he was never seen with nor ever offered anyone an underage girl.....to the contrary.....he did his best to weed them out so none of his clients got in trouble.

Even the police chief in an interview...admitted that they tried numerous times to set him up and he always walked away.....wasn't until they found a cop that spoke good english and offered him 20 million cop did he take the bait.

Jake didn't even know the girl he introduced cop to......he met her on the street selling her ass that very same day.

At any rate....I'll take the consensus of a group of gringos that knew him personally over the fake news and any single persons anecdotal experiences.

Believe what you want.....just thought I'd let guys here know how it rolls down there.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
Fuzzy

There was never any 13 year old or any other underage girl at Jake's place.

Jake was arrested at a cheap hotel in el centro....Didn't you see the TV video?

The teenage girl was with the informant in the Motel room.

If you go to Lleras to eat breakfast in the morning you can meet a dozen or more gringos every morning.

Most knew Jake and plenty have used his services.

I personally have never met the guy.....and the guys that have don't usually have anything nice to say about him.....but the consensus of the guys that knew him well is.....he was never seen with nor ever offered anyone an underage girl.....to the contrary.....he did his best to weed them out so none of his clients got in trouble.

Even the police chief in an interview...admitted that they tried numerous times to set him up and he always walked away.....wasn't until they found a cop that spoke good english and offered him 20 million cop did he take the bait.

Jake didn't even know the girl he introduced cop to......he met her on the street selling her ass that very same day.

At any rate....I'll take the consensus of a group of gringos that knew him personally over the fake news and any single persons anecdotal experiences.

Believe what you want.....just thought I'd let guys here know how it rolls down there.

Read what you just wrote... he did not know the girl he just met her that day selling her ass... What is a definition of a pimp? It is no different up here with bait cars and cops buying drugs from dealers to arrest them and of course a cop dressed as a pro to catch poor innocence johns who do nothing wrong. What most of you are missing no body killed Jake he did himself in.... According to you a group of gringos knew him personally down there but I don't understand none of them got together and tried to help him did they? In fact if he was railroaded by the police why did you and Awesome step up and help the guy? So really coming on here to defend his honor kinda smacks of hypocrisy don't you think?

Here is a piece from the above article When Drivas was arrested in Medellín, after what police claimed was a months-long investigation, they said they found $10,600 in cash, as well as cocaine and ecstasy, at his three-bedroom property. They found an inflatable tub there as well (which figures in some of his publicity [/size][size=18px !important][color=rgb(216, 65, 137) !important]pictures[/color][/size][/color]), and they found a 13-year-old girl (some reports say 12), who is now with social services.[/font][/color][color=rgb(216, 65, 137) !important]

Offline Awesome

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:46 PM »

Read what you just wrote... he did not know the girl he just met her that day selling her ass... What is a definition of a pimp? It is no different up here with bait cars and cops buying drugs from dealers to arrest them and of course a cop dressed as a pro to catch poor innocence johns who do nothing wrong. What most of you are missing no body killed Jake he did himself in.... According to you a group of gringos knew him personally down there but I don't understand none of them got together and tried to help him did they? In fact if he was railroaded by the police why did you and Awesome step up and help the guy? So really coming on here to defend his honor kinda smacks of hypocrisy don't you think?

Here is a piece from the above article When Drivas was arrested in Medellín, after what police claimed was a months-long investigation, they said they found $10,600 in cash, as well as cocaine and ecstasy, at his three-bedroom property. They found an inflatable tub there as well (which figures in some of his publicity [size=18px !important][color=rgb(216, 65, 137) !important]pictures[/color][/size]), and they found a 13-year-old girl (some reports say 12), who is now with social services.
[color=rgb(216, 65, 137) !important]

They said they found a 13 year old girl there, but they also filmed the cops kicking down jake's door when THEY ALREADY HAD THE KEYS.

Anyway I'm not defending jake's honor.  I'm just pointing out that it's wrong to go after somebody for something that they're not in the business of doing. 

For example if I'm in Medellin(or in my hometown) I could easily hook gringos up with a couple joints of reefer which is pretty harmless, but if I was in need of cash and somebody offered me an exorbitant amount of money I might be talked into hooking somebody up with a kilo of blow, which is a pretty serious offense.  But what good would it do to bust some small-time harmless guy who's not in the business of selling kilos of coke, just to make a political statement or make some corrupt police sergeant look good to his bosses?  It's not right and it's not justice.[/color]

Offline Calipro

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »

Here is a piece from the above article When Drivas was arrested in Medellín, after what police claimed was a months-long investigation, they said they found $10,600 in cash, as well as cocaine and ecstasy, at his three-bedroom property. They found an inflatable tub there as well (which figures in some of his publicity [size=18px !important][color=rgb(216, 65, 137) !important]pictures[/color][/size]), and they found a 13-year-old girl (some reports say 12), who is now with social services.

When I read what you quoted I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.
I only wish that Colombia's social services cared enough to take in a fraction of the underage street walkers....not just the ones that happened to get
caught up in a police sting operation.

The thing was a setup...right from the very beginning.....the cameras were rolling....the whole thing is on tape.....there was never an underage girl at Jake's apartment....she was taken to a motel in El Centro where she worked the streets and that's  where Jake was arrested while leaving the motel where the under cover cop took the girl.

I guess you have to spend a lot of time in Colombia before you can understand just how out of the ordinary it is for the police to get involved at this level. It was all made for TV.... plan and simple.

What I think Americans in Colombia should take note of is that Colombian police are willing to spend a lot of time and money to get you to commit a crime for the cameras. And apparently entrapment doesn't seem to be an issue.

If Jake wasn't an American that made a spectacle of himself on the internet.... the setup for the cameras would never have taken place....it wouldn't have been news worthy.
Because nobody in Colombia gives or gave a rats ass about that girl or the hundreds like her working the down town streets of Medellin.....which just adds to the evilness of how far they went out of their way to entice Jake into committing that crime.

[/color]

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2017, 07:40:39 AM »

I only wish that Colombia's social services cared enough to take in a fraction of the underage street walkers....not just the ones that happened to get

The thing was a setup...right from the very beginning.....the cameras were rolling....the whole thing is on tape.....there was never an underage girl at Jake's apartment....she was taken to a motel in El Centro where she worked the streets and that's  where Jake was arrested while leaving the motel where the under cover cop took girl.

I guess you have to spend a lot of time in Colombia before you can understand just how out of the ordinary it is for the police to get involved at this level. It was all made for TV.... plan and simple.

What I think Americans in Colombia should take note of is that Colombian police are willing to spend a lot of time and money to get you to commit a crime for the cameras. And apparently entrapment doesn't seem to be an issue.

If Jake wasn't an American that made a spectacle of himself on the internet.... the setup for the cameras would never have taken place....it wouldn't have been news worthy.
Because nobody in Colombia gives or gave a rats ass about that girl or the hundreds like her working the down town streets of Medellin.....which just adds to the evilness of how far they went out of their way to entice Jake into committing that crime.

[/color]

They had a lot of pressure from the US justice Department.

I wonder what the OPs opinión on all this is. He knew Jake personally. I only knew about him through friends, or saw him walking down the street.

Jake was One of the Gringos I specifically avoided, by staying away from Lleras hang outs like Le Bon, Juan Valdez and later Flip Flop Sándwich shop when these guys began replacing the backpackers s there
 He was a violentnguy who liked to threaten people.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

The thing was a setup...right from the very beginning.....the cameras were rolling....the whole thing is on tape.....there was never an underage girl at Jake's apartment....she was taken to a motel in El Centro where she worked the streets and that's  where Jake was arrested while leaving the motel where the under cover cop took the girl.

[/color]

Do you know where to see this video? I would be interested to see it....

Offline Calipro

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »

Do you know where to see this video? I would be interested to see it....

I saw the video on the news....I'll look for it on the internet when I get a chance.

The video showed Jake's actual arrest. He is shown kneeling down (cuffed)  on the floor of some seedy motel and then they pull him up and take  him outside and you can see he is in El Centro.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
Plenty of foreigners have been arrested in Colombia for sex related crimes. They've survived jail terms (never very long) and gone on with their lives. This is the only one I ever heard of that chose to kill himself.

Considering buying health insurance for my Colombian girlfriend
Was wondering what insurance company would you recommend

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2017, 05:04:18 AM »
I like COOMEVA Plan Oro. It's top of the line. Alternatively just sign her up with an EPS .
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2017, 05:04:18 AM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
I like COOMEVA Plan Oro. It's top of the line. Alternatively just sign her up with an EPS .

I don't know what an EPS is.....maybe I had it when I bought health insurance for my live in  girlfriend in Cali because is was very inexpensive. Like 60 mill a month....I think the premiums were based on her income.....which was nothing as far as they knew.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
If the girlfriend is young and healthy all she needs is an EPS which is subsidized health insurance. The disadvantage with EPS is typically long wait times for appointments and procedures. Some complain that their treatments are initially rejected and they have to file a tutela to make the entity approve treatment. The only drawback with a private plan like COOMEVA Plan Oro is that you must also carry (pay for) an EPS which supposedly covers anything not covered by the private plan. In the latter case paying for an EPS is pretty much a waste since about the only thing you would use it for is teeth cleaning. For any real medical issues you would your Plan Oro (for example). The upside of the private plan is that treatment is always approved and fast and the best hospitals, doctors and specialists are covered.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
As an aside to the story of Colombia Jake police arrested a 21 year old in Cali today for trying to hook up with a 12 year old via instagram and whatsapp. While the age of consent of 14 gets bandied about it is interesting to note that the charge against him is the "delito de utilización o facilitación de medios de comunicación para ofrecer servicios sexuales de menores de 18 años".
[/size][/color]
http://www.elpais.com.co/elpais/judicial/noticias/capturan-hombre-buscaba-enganar-menor-traves-redes-sociales-para-tener-sexo
Hermosamente feliz

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
My My...the topics never seem to change here.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »

I don't know what an EPS is.....maybe I had it when I bought health insurance for my live in  girlfriend in Cali because is was very inexpensive. Like 60 mill a month....I think the premiums were based on her income.....which was nothing as far as they knew.

Its about 90 mil now. Good idea, cuz of she gets sick , and doesnt have it, you could be paying a lot more.
Also you can.put her on Coomeva Plata junior, which is way less expensive than oro, almost as Good. Aplicable to.people less than 35 yo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:33:15 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
My My...the topics never seem to change here.

Maybe you should find a Forum on Quantum Physics or whatever interests you.

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »
EP...why all the venom.   :P

With an entire thread filled with statutory, child, prison, and animal rape.  I thought my sarcasm was very mild.  And appropriate.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2017, 12:29:36 AM »
Its about 90 mil now. Good idea, cuz of she gets sick , and doesnt have it, you could be paying a lot more.
Also you can.put her on Coomeva Plata junior, which is way less expensive than oro, almost as Good. Aplicable to.people less than 35 yo

The premiums for the Coomeva Plata Junior are only 111 mill per month which seems very reasonable for the coverage.

I don't know if you have to buy an EPS like BuenCamino says because the website doesn't say anything about that.

http://medicinaprepagada.coomeva.com.co/publicaciones.php?id=39619

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2017, 05:12:48 AM »
That sounds like a great deal. If you find she doesn't have to be signed with an ESP as well please post. Maybe the rules have changed.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »
The premiums for the Coomeva Plata Junior are only 111 mill per month which seems very reasonable for the coverage.

I don't know if you have to buy an EPS like BuenCamino says because the website doesn't say anything about that.

http://medicinaprepagada.coomeva.com.co/publicaciones.php?id=39619

You do if you are a Colombiana, but no if you are an expat

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
In which case a EPS is all she needs.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Awesome

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2017, 06:56:15 PM »
EP...why all the venom.   :P

With an entire thread filled with statutory, child, prison, and animal rape.  I thought my sarcasm was very mild.  And appropriate.

Lmao!!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864