Forum > Article Submissions

What if anything, do you do?

(1/5) > >>

robert angel:
I guess about 5 years or so back, I started to do more for my skin than just shower, shave and wash my face.

It takes a couple extra minutes if I use 2 or 3 different things (including washing with soap other than my usual body soap -- "Dial" brand) but damn, I wish started wayyyy before age 50. 

I can really see and feel a difference in terms of lines and wrinkles (although nothing's gonna stop them cold) and as said, it doesn't take a lot of time.

You can spend a lot on stuff that they promise the stars and moon with, but there are products out there that don't cost much and I switch them around a bit. Even (depending on your skin) just putting virgin olive oil on your face after washing is good--I do that sometimes.

Do you guys use anything--moisturizer, etc?

Come'on--I know that even if you don't reply, that you feckers are a fairly vain bunch of roosters, so don't pretend otherwise, LOL.

Anyways, if you're not taking better care of your looks, START!

mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: robert angel on July 13, 2019, 10:35:20 PM ---I guess about 5 years or so back, I started to do more for my skin than just shower, shave and wash my face.

It takes a couple extra minutes if I use 2 or 3 different things (including washing with soap other than my usual body soap -- "Dial" brand) but damn, I wish started wayyyy before age 50. 

I can really see and feel a difference in terms of lines and wrinkles (although nothing's gonna stop them cold) and as said, it doesn't take a lot of time.

You can spend a lot on stuff that they promise the stars and moon with, but there are products out there that don't cost much and I switch them around a bit. Even (depending on your skin) just putting virgin olive oil on your face after washing is good--I do that sometimes.

Do you guys use anything--moisturizer, etc?

Come'on--I know that even if you don't reply, that you feckers are a fairly vain bunch of roosters, so don't pretend otherwise, LOL.

Anyways, if you're not taking better care of your looks, START!

--- End quote ---
Botox for my forehead.  People told me I looked angry; botox paralyzes my overactive forehead muscles so look more relaxed...

utopiacowboy:
I don't do anything for skin care etc. I don't really care how I look - I just want to be able to be active with my grandchildren. I lift weights and run three miles every day.

Elexpatriado:

--- Quote from: mambocowboy on July 13, 2019, 11:41:16 PM ---Botox for my forehead.  People told me I looked angry; botox paralyzes my overactive forehead muscles so look more relaxed...

--- End quote ---

Botox and fillers are okay..if applied by an experienced cosmetic surgeon

Cosmetic surgery is extreme..they can foch up...end up looking like Michael Jackson or Bruce Jenner or that preachers wife whatever her name is.

As far as attracting women, just paste a Ben Franklin on your mug to cover the wrinkles..that always works..

Ohh..and I like to wear a banana in the pants..not in the back..seems to work a lot better in the front..

robert angel:

--- Quote from: mambocowboy on July 13, 2019, 11:41:16 PM ---Botox for my forehead.  People told me I looked angry; botox paralyzes my overactive forehead muscles so look more relaxed...

--- End quote ---

I need to look into that. What's weird is all those type of procedures cost a whole lot less about 5-6 hours south of us.

In the mega wealthy Boca Raton, W. Palm Beach, Jupiter areas, we'd probably pay half of what you pay in Georgia or S. Carolina.  I think I remember stupid ads for like '$125 an eye'  Lasik and people get botox injections during lunchtime.

Boca Raton must be the USA's center for well dressed plastic barbies, a walk around and telling real vs plastic isn't always easy.

My wife's dropping $2250 for Lasik surgery tomorrow = no more eye glasses for her until maybe 20 years from now, her possibly needing reading glasses. Figure each year or so we pay $400-$550 for eyeglasses after insurance, and it makes even more sense to go ahead.

And for our area; that's a deal, with $1000 of the $2250 going to the animal humane society--separate check from  the $1250 one for the Opthalmalogist- hospital.

Surgery's at 12:15 (after lunch) and I can watch it live on camera. Dr. says she can work at 8 AM next day, but she's taking Tuesday off anyway.

Of course we worry about the Dr.; but it's really how "state of the art' and current the machine that's really doing the critical measuring and cutting that matters most.

But being bald and never mind having a  forehead---I have a 'fivehead'! So yeah--I might look into botox. Really there's not much I'd totally rule out.

My wife keeps a pretty close eye on my appearance.  In fact after I die, I figure she might take me to the taxidermist.

Around my eyes, she more recently noticed I have something she calls ""craws feet""

At least it's not vultures!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version