It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Simple Introduction  (Read 2058 times)

Offline A_Thomas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Simple Introduction
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:58:59 AM »
  I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Anthony, I live in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles.

43 year old, easily pass for younger. Often mistaken for mid to late 20's.

I am African-American (as much as I hate that term)

Very experienced dating non-Black women and women from Europe mainly. I don't have much experienced with Latin American women but very interested in Brazilian and Argentinian women.

My first trip overseas in 2007 was a choice between going to South America or going to Europe. Since I had made contacts in Europe, I decided to go that route. Through a series of misunderstandings and wrong decisions on my part, I ended up coming home empty handed.

My intention was then, as it is now; To find my wife, the woman who wants to have my children and live an unbelievable experience.

Right now I am torn between returning to Europe or going to South America. One of the reasons I didn't go to South America last time is because of the language barrier. Reading post around here and elsewhere just confirm this, you are better off knowing the language (either Spanish or Portuguese) as most of the women in these countries have limited to no ability to speak English.

Since I planned my first trip fairly quickly and because I felt I had locked in a few long term possibilities I just went with Europe. I like Europe, especially Scandinavia and Germany. I also visited Ukraine while I was there and met a few women (not like I wanted however).

I came here to learn more about Latin Women.

[size=78%]  [/size][size=78%]  [/size]

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Simple Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:38:20 AM »
Welcome.

[size=78%] 43 year old, easily pass for younger. Often mistaken for mid to late 20's.[/size]

That is a shame. The majority of serious Latin women want a 43 year old that looks like a 43 year old. But hopefully it will not hold you back too much.

Perhaps a good route for you would be to go to South America primarily for a vacation and only secondly to see if you can find a wife. This approach may ironically work out much better in the end for you.

Yes you need at least basic Spanish or Portuguese. Otherwise you are kicking tires.

Offline A_Thomas

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »
 Not sure why my younger looks (very little grey, soft skin, few blemishes, etc) would be a major issue. It usually means I can date (and have) younger women.

Vacation would be fine, but I am not time limited. I can go as long as I have money to stay and I am building a source of income from the internet. The fact you can stay in Brazil for up to six months is very appealing.

I am willing to learn the languages IF it will improve my chances. That said I have and know quite a few English speaking women in Brazil as it stands.

I also have a connection in Argentina.

We'll see if I can do "One and Done" even if I go back to Europe I wouldn't be going back to the same countries save for visiting a friend in Norway.

I am also considering DR and CR for wife shopping.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
Welcome, Mr. Thomas.  Whatever your goal is in S.A., there are guys here who can give you a shove in the right direction.  First a few points:
1.  In Eastern Europe or Asia, the women do not expect you to know their language.  They appreciate it if you do, but it is not a requirement.  But in S.A., knowledge of the local language is an absolute prerequisite for this adventure.  Fortunately, Spanish and other Latin languages are ranked as the easiest foreign language to learn for native English speakers.  So you might want to plan to spend at least a good 6 months in intensive language study before you board a plane.
2.  From what I've read here, in S.A., young guys tend to get dismissed as just players.  Looking a bit older can be an advantage since it is then assumed you've already sown your wild oats and are now finally serious about settling down.   8)
3.  It's wife "hunting", not "shopping".  You don't want to give lurkers the wrong impression about what is really involved in this process.   ;)
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline A_Thomas

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
Welcome, Mr. Thomas.  Whatever your goal is in S.A., there are guys here who can give you a shove in the right direction.  First a few points:
1.  In Eastern Europe or Asia, the women do not expect you to know their language.  They appreciate it if you do, but it is not a requirement.  But in S.A., knowledge of the local language is an absolute prerequisite for this adventure.  Fortunately, Spanish and other Latin languages are ranked as the easiest foreign language to learn for native English speakers.  So you might want to plan to spend at least a good 6 months in intensive language study before you board a plane.
2.  From what I've read here, in S.A., young guys tend to get dismissed as just players.  Looking a bit older can be an advantage since it is then assumed you've already sown your wild oats and are now finally serious about settling down.   8)
3.  It's wife "hunting", not "shopping".  You don't want to give lurkers the wrong impression about what is really involved in this process.   ;)

Thanks

1) That is my own experience in Ukraine (2007). I was in contact with two women, one from Siberia, Russia and the other in Kiev, Ukraine. Its a bit of a long story, but I should have gone to Turkey were the Siberian was vacationing and she invited me to come see her.

The podcast Expat Files suggested immersion bootcamp. Going as far as installing the Spanish version of Windows (Windows 8 in this case on this laptop) and consuming nothing but Spanish based media (TV Shows, Movies, even Music).

I believe this would work very well and its such that I am currently in contact with nobody really when it comes to the opposite sex and only a few people on Facebook. I am in daily contact with my parents though, that's not an issue though.

I'm giving that idea some thought...

2) I understand that younger men are considered players and what you have to do is convince the women that your serious. I don't have a problem with that, because I am serious....This is a bit less of a problem with Slavic women because I have talked to women as young as 19 and the oldest was 32. I spent time with the 32 year old. Of course she had a child already. But younger women didn't have a problem with me not being serious. Things just didn't play out like I thought they would and I turned to that part of my trip late, so time was an issue.

3) Hunter sounds good, but shopping sounds no different than the song "Shop around" and it wasn't talking about buying a coat.

Semantics...  ;) [size=78%] [/size]

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:52 PM »

3) Hunter sounds good, but shopping sounds no different than the song "Shop around" and it wasn't talking about buying a coat.

Semantics...  ;)

Well I have to agree with Bob_S on this one.  We are not shopping for household frilly soap dishes at Bed Bath and Beyond, we are hunters stalking female prey, and I was always equipped with quite a lethal ‘spear’
Fathertime!

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »
  I thought I would introduce myself.

Very experienced dating non-Black women and women from Europe mainly. I don't have much experienced with Latin American women but very interested in Brazilian and Argentinian women.

My first trip overseas in 2007 was a choice between going to South America or going to Europe. Since I had made contacts in Europe, I decided to go that route. Through a series of misunderstandings and wrong decisions on my part, I ended up coming home empty handed.

My intention was then, as it is now; To find my wife, the woman who wants to have my children and live an unbelievable experience.

Right now I am torn between returning to Europe or going to South America. One of the reasons I didn't go to South America last time is because of the language barrier. Reading post around here and elsewhere just confirm this, you are better off knowing the language (either Spanish or Portuguese) as most of the women in these countries have limited to no ability to speak English.

Since I planned my first trip fairly quickly and because I felt I had locked in a few long term possibilities I just went with Europe. I like Europe, especially Scandinavia and Germany. I also visited Ukraine while I was there and met a few women (not like I wanted however).

I came here to learn more about Latin Women.

[size=78%]  [/size][size=78%]  [/size]

Welcome aboard.

Just joshing you a bit, but sounds like you've read the quotes of perhaps the ultimate malapropist, Yogi Berra and paid special heed to this gem of his:

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"
Maybe this one too...
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/yogiberra.shtml

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 101