It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: dominican republic brides  (Read 6461 times)

Offline emearg

dominican republic brides
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »
Hello all

i was wondering if anyone has had any experience or has any knowledge of ladies from the Domincian Republic as far as being a good place for a potenital life mate.

I am from Australia and while I have heard of Columbian ladies being the bee's knee's of Latina wives I am keen to see if there are other options in the region.

I am really keen on finding a pleasant and loyal companion for life and dont care too much if she is dark or light skinned....personality is what I am looking for.

Appreciate any help and advice.

Offline papi

destinations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:43:04 AM »
Dolphin went there and found a girl but it is low on the general hit parade. I suggest giving Colombia a try. Second would be peru
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline emearg

Re: destinations
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »
Quote from: papi
Dolphin went there and found a girl but it is low on the general hit parade. I suggest giving Colombia a try. Second would be peru

low on the hit parade...?

Papi do you mean the girls arent that attractive or people seeking a partner usually bypass that part of the world and go to Colombia instead?

Planet-Love.com

Re: destinations
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »
I'm not sure why the DR appeals to you, but you can go anywhere in Latin America to find someone.   Some places are going to have more support available (agencies. translators, etc.) but if you can speak Spanish and are comfortable "doing it yourself" you can go anywhere.

You could try match.com and amigos.com to find personal ads from ladies in the DR.  There may also be an agency or two with some Dominican ladies.

Offline emearg

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:30 AM »
Quote from: Patrick
I'm not sure why the DR appeals to you, but you can go anywhere in Latin America to find someone.   Some places are going to have more support available (agencies. translators, etc.) but if you can speak Spanish and are comfortable "doing it yourself" you can go anywhere.

You could try match.com and amigos.com to find personal ads from ladies in the DR.  There may also be an agency or two with some Dominican ladies.

I was just considering the DR Patrick because I have read so much about Columbian agencies that I have lost confidence in a lot of the processes. I dont speak Spanish and would like an Agency to help and thought I found one that seems ok in DR. If I could find a recommended and trustworthy Agency in Columbia then I would certainly give it a try.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »
You need to take alot of these guy's advice with a grain of salt.  People like ColombiaExpert and some others are pretty anti-agency, but when you start questioning them, they seem to be pretty lacking in details.  I don't even know if he's ever been to an agency and I think his advice is based simpy on predjudice against them.  Papi is a constant complainer, never satisified with anything.  My inbox has been filled at times by his incessent whining.

Keep reading, over time you'll be able to form opinions on who's advice has merit.  There are reputable agencies in Colombia.

I've always said that a man's success is far more dependent on himself than any agency.  Almost all of them are at least usable to put you in contact with eligible ladies.  The real key is knowing yourself, knowing what you want, and preparing yourself.  If you're not studying Spanish, you should start.  Plenty of men have done this without knowing Spanish, but being able to communicate effectively with the women is going to make your eventual success more a matter of people skills than luck.

Take your time and don't rush into anything.  Don't believe all the hype you may read on some of the agency sites.    Most of all, use your judgement and don't reply on others for anything you don't have to.

Offline emearg

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »
thank you kindly Patrick for that advice...I shall certainly keep it in mind.

Offline papi

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 12:13:18 PM »
boy Patrick, that hurts. Just cause i am bitching about the new forum. Well, maybe I am a tad high maintenance ..lol. EME, I have yet to find the perfect agency but there are some good choices. Including in Colombia. You should try it, there are many options, BAQ, Cali, Medellin, Bog. If you want some agency suggestions - i'd be happy to help. Have you considered a large tour? pricier but a good way to meet a lot of ladies. There is no one correct way to do this
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline Patrick

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »
Papi,

You have to admit to a fair amount of whining!  Delete my account!  Delete my account and don't let me back until a specific date!    Heat's threatening me!  The list goes on.  Ironically, Heat seems to have become the recipient of some threats himself.  Maybe it's karma.

Good advice on agencies.   At least your negativity towards them is considered and based on experience.

Offline EbonyPrince

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »
I was just considering the DR Patrick because I have read so much about Columbian agencies that I have lost confidence in a lot of the processes. I dont speak Spanish and would like an Agency to help and thought I found one that seems ok in DR. If I could find a recommended and trustworthy Agency in Columbia then I would certainly give it a try.

I would recommend Jamie's agency http://www.latin-wife.com.  Although I haven't been to Colombia yet, I have personal spoken to quite a few guys that have.  I haven't heard anything negative about him or his agency from people that have actually used it yet.  I would definately add it to my short list.  He has a great, informative site.  He posts here periodically, and he seems like a fair person from when I have spoke to him or read his posts.  I also like his candidness.  He "keeps it real" and tells it to you like it is without suger-coating anything.

Although I have been to the Dominican several times and like the women, I don't know if there is as much support there for green gringos as you may find in Colombia.

Offline papi

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 01:53:49 PM »
well Patrick, i got a kick out of all your comments..i was thinking the same thing on the karma issue. If EME wants some help on agencies - I would be glad to lend a hand as always

Offline papi

agencies
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »
Patrick, when your man returns, I'd send him to these guys first:

http://www.allcolombiangirls.com
Cali: owned by likeable fellow, Ricardo. Great location – office in Chipichapi. Honest operation and negotiable. Cons: ladies tend to be young

http://www.latin-wife.com
BAQ: run by Jamie well-known on the forums. Affordable cita program bringing the women to meet you in hotel, restaurant. Professional operation and good translators

http://www.barranquillasbest.com
BAQ: lots of chicas. A revolving door. Best to contact in Colombia vs reseller listed on website. Cons: not the most professional operation

http://www.latinintro.com
Bogota: one of the most respected agencies in Latin America. Likeable group. Good location and comfortable accommodations. Cons: depending on selections, limited members still active, available

http://www.colombiansweethearts.com
MDE: Professional, honest operation. Only game in town. Medellin is the nicest large city in Colombia

Offline EbonyPrince

Good feedback
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 08:04:41 PM »
I liked the feedback that you provided on your post.  

Do you have personal experience with all these agencies by knowing the owners or being a client?

What do you know about colombiasweethearts and do you know anyone personally that has used this agency?

I looked at colombiasweethearts webiste, and they definately looked like they had some stars.  Is their site for real with actual ladies of the agency?

Are Medellin women actually that beautiful?  I heard or read this somewhere.

Anything else that you can add about Medellin?

Planet-Love.com

Good feedback
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »
Papi,

Now that's what I call stepping up to the plate and lending someone a hand.  An atta boy to you too! :wink:

Offline emearg

thanks guys
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »
hey Patrick, pape and Ebony thanks guys....I am learning a lot each time from your guys. Much appreciated.

This is basically the only agency I can find in DR that helps and matches one with ladies from that island. I have talked to the matchmaker and seems a nice group and heard some nice reviews. Thats all I can base my opinion on. The women look real enough....not all Miss Universe types....though maybe Columbia is full of Miss Universe types lol I wouldnt know as I havent been there

http://www.latinasinlove.com/?RefID=ZYCTPN5

Offline papi

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »
Ebony/EME - for starters if you are going to go to Colombia, you must spell the country correctly. Many people spell it wrong – I even just saw Colombian coffee spelled incorrectly on a menu here in Miami with our large Colombian community. The vets on the board are sensitive to this thing. If you haven’t noticed, it is not spelled with a U.

In answer to your question, I have used all the agencies listed above plus others on several occasions (I am a "lifer"…lol).  Medellin I guess would be as good a place as any to start. As mentioned, it is the most beautiful large city in Colombia and the women are very attractive. Mde is a big difference from DR  â€“ In Mde they are light color and called Paisas, or people from the region of Antioquia with their own special customs, foods, and personality traits. Yet, again they are rather beautiful.

The agency is professionally run yet I have not visited them recently. The owner is a tad high-strung but generally likeable and not always around because he is a pilot for Fed Ex. I am sure his staff is capable in the event he is absent during your stay.

Let me know if you have any questions

Offline papi

help
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 11:44:08 PM »
Patrick,

thanks - i am glad to be of help when I am not having a breakdown...lol. Anytime

Offline papi

the other guy
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 11:48:17 PM »
Monty, there are several good guys over yonder but also a few bad apples. It is a shame because it really should be a venue to help one another. A lot of the same nonsense happened on PL – it is just a little slower here with the changeover. I trust things will heat up soon and the Flame Room will soon be standing room only..lol

Offline emearg

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 02:02:24 AM »
Quote from: "papi"
Ebony/EME - for starters if you are going to go to Colombia, you must spell the country correctly. Many people spell it wrong – I even just saw Colombian coffee spelled incorrectly on a menu here in Miami with our large Colombian community. The vets on the board are sensitive to this thing. If you haven’t noticed, it is not spelled with a U.

lol.....Papi - you think we will end up in Washington DC if we dont...lol!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 117