It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Filipinas versus Latinas (specifically Colombianas)  (Read 23821 times)

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Filipinas versus Latinas (specifically Colombianas)
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 11:47:42 AM »

jajajaja, that Grumpy Old Men flick was kinda funny. A lot of times I use movie titles and movie scenes to advance my point. One of the things I have a lot of is time, so Netflix has become my new best American friend.
Just to keep this on topic, my new best Colombiana friend is 26, single, negrita, no kids, fantastic body and beautiful smile. She has a nice personality, too hehehehehe
But, in the interest of moving this thread along, now that we´ve cast aside El Idioto, let´s talk about the possible differences between Latinas and Filipinas, and Cubanas y más, ya?

The question came up earlier about the guys I´m interviewing who are visiting Cuba. First, you can´t just go there yet from the US. Maybe that will change over the coming months as relations between countries relax. You have to first go through Canada or another country. Some of the ones I´m talking to are going through Costa Rica, and comparing Costa Rican women to Cubanas.
Primarily I´m hearing that Cuba is a [snip]ing mess. Most people are as poor as snot and don´t have a pot to piss in, never mind a chicken to put in it. Here´s what the guys are telling me.
Cuban women are sexy and ready to meet a guy, any guy, who can help them get off this [snip]ing island.
The chicas are hot to trot, they are LATINA and they are proud of it. If you stop on a street corner to chat up a group of cubanas you are likely to be invited to dance at the closest bar, followed by a lovely night in the sack.
They love to dance and they love to [snip]. They are very seductive and expressive and they love to meet guys who treat them well.
My take on all this is the Colombianas are equally hot to trot, just more constrained about it. The cubanas seem to feel they have tonight, who knows about tomorrow, so let´s [snip].
The Jamaican form of simulated sex dancing called Daggering has not yet found it´s way to Cuba, but they have their own dances that will knock your socks off, similar to Lambada and Champeta, both are a really sexified type of Colombian Salsa.

If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »

I used to go to Cuba years ago, (went about 4 or 5 times) when I was too scared to go to Colombia. The women are half as good looking as Colombianas, and a lot are way more desperate. Very poor country with desperate people, trying to sell you fake cigars. Think the beach at Cartagena on steroids.

And, hate to bring up the same old subject, but if you think Colombia is bad for  prostitutes, you should go to Cuba. Every bar you go in a girl comes up and propositions you. My friend , a Mexican American (we were both working in Trinidad and flew in from Port of Spain) was even propositioned in the airport lobby!

And another time, me and a couple Euros from my Spanish class were walking down the street in Havana and we were literally "swarmed" by dozens of women. Don´t know if they were hookers, or whatever, just desperate women.

But this was 11 or 12 years ago. Don´t know how it is now, The same I imagine. But I wouldn't go there to meet women. Better the Dominican Republic.

I don´t know if this international dating thing should be marketed as a "race to the bottom" to try and find the most desperate girls in the poorest countries.

Also, Cuba is the only country I have been to where I am pretty sure they put something in my drink in the bar. Lucky my friend was there to get me out.

And if you are with a women in public, they are very Leary of the police, because they can get a fine for being with a foreigner.

jajajaja, that Grumpy Old Men flick was kinda funny. A lot of times I use movie titles and movie scenes to advance my point. One of the things I have a lot of is time, so Netflix has become my new best American friend.
Just to keep this on topic, my new best Colombiana friend is 26, single, negrita, no kids, fantastic body and beautiful smile. She has a nice personality, too hehehehehe
But, in the interest of moving this thread along, now that we´ve cast aside El Idioto, let´s talk about the possible differences between Latinas and Filipinas, and Cubanas y más, ya?

The question came up earlier about the guys I´m interviewing who are visiting Cuba. First, you can´t just go there yet from the US. Maybe that will change over the coming months as relations between countries relax. You have to first go through Canada or another country. Some of the ones I´m talking to are going through Costa Rica, and comparing Costa Rican women to Cubanas.
Primarily I´m hearing that Cuba is a [snip]ing mess. Most people are as poor as snot and don´t have a pot to piss in, never mind a chicken to put in it. Here´s what the guys are telling me.
Cuban women are sexy and ready to meet a guy, any guy, who can help them get off this [snip]ing island.
The chicas are hot to trot, they are LATINA and they are proud of it. If you stop on a street corner to chat up a group of cubanas you are likely to be invited to dance at the closest bar, followed by a lovely night in the sack.
They love to dance and they love to [snip]. They are very seductive and expressive and they love to meet guys who treat them well.
My take on all this is the Colombianas are equally hot to trot, just more constrained about it. The cubanas seem to feel they have tonight, who knows about tomorrow, so let´s [snip].
The Jamaican form of simulated sex dancing called Daggering has not yet found it´s way to Cuba, but they have their own dances that will knock your socks off, similar to Lambada and Champeta, both are a really sexified type of Colombian Salsa.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:48:24 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »
A friendly political thread, where all things politics can be discussed/debated would probably go a long way toward keeping Colombia threads from being derailed by political opinion.   Once politics start to get tossed around, both sides of the aisle are going to want to say their piece.  I get that and actually support it. 

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I think it's pretty much agreed here that there are some similarities physically between Latinas and Filipinas--that with the Philippines having about 400 years of Spanish rule and many other nation's marrying into their bloodlines, that there's quite a bit of variety there. Quite the candy shop.

So--where's the difference?

I think a lot of the guys here on the Latin side go for the more voluptuous type of woman--the big boobs and butt. And more overt displays of passion outside the bedroom. You're not going to find that nearly as much in the Philippines. I don't think 'voluptuous' is a desired 'look'  there either---so the one's that are like that might be more available. I prefer nice curves, in a tight, slim body build. Hopefully with a decent, not saggy rack, gravity defying, with nips that could poke a horse's eyes out. A woman I can all but take my hands and encircle her waist with, or lift with one arm from under. Plenty of that over there.

Filipina--versus Latina demeanor--personality, very generally speaking, seems to be different from overall reports from both forums. I think most Filipinas (although things are changing) closely base their own happiness on how happy they make their man. Don't take that as gospel though, there are some self centered, manipulative bitches over there too.

They also hugely appreciate if you love and respect their family. If they don't, I'd dare say there's a defect there and it'll bite you too eventually. No, I don't think the old saying: "You marry a Filipina, you marry her family" is as true, at least not in as a pure material sense as many tend to think.

We don't spend a whole lot money wise helping out my wife's family, although I don't feel I need to watch it too closely. But when we go shopping, more often than not, I'm the one to say things like: "Look--Levi 505's on sale for $19.99--lets get some for your family". Same with Nike shoes at the outlet when they blow them out--or the Hollister and Aeropostale T shirts we often can grab for $4 or $5 apiece. Same w/ the 2 X a year Victoria's Secret Blowout sales. I often have to convince my wife that we should do it! Got her  Mom a $150 purse that was marked down to $39.99. Might as well have been Louis Vuitton!

But I could buy my wife a $200 party dress and while she'd be delighted and appreciative, it wouldn't mean as much as if I bought her family a few things for $20 at Old Navy. And I think it's the same with a lot of Filipinas. My Father in law's sick and my wife was fretting about taking him to the Doctor and hospital---the possible hospital costs in particular. I didn't even blink, simply saying "Take him to the hospital, don't even worry about the cost--we can pay--and lets make sure they do a complete work up-". 

If our marriage was on the rocks, that alone would've given me a solid year more of good grace.

It's odd, almost embarrassing to admit, but while a lot of Filipinas have quiet pride and realize that w/o make up they're naturally pretty, many pretty Filipina ladies are self conscious, fretting that they're a bit too short, that maybe their nose or boobs are too small, etc. Unwarranted inferiority complex if you will. Like a lot of foreign women, if their heads aren't screwed on tight, all that can change once they get to the USA.

If they become --or God forbid are 'full of themselves'--that leaves less room for YOU.

My wife knows her worth--but she doesn't flaunt it or let it go to her head. On rare occasions when we've argued, she's told me--'zapped me' a few times, asking me if I thought I could easily find another like her. She had me dam near speechless.

I find it amazing, if illogical. Last week, my wife got what to her, was a huge, huge compliment and ego boost. She's always felt bad that when people compliment her appearance, her excellent physical condition and fashion taste, that they invariably tell her "Oh--you're soooo "CUTE"!

So we were out shopping and a very nice lady standing in the same line, in a nicely appropriate way, looked at her and said "Do you know, you're very pretty". Never mind I've told her that a zillion times, along with 'beautiful' etc. But hearing that from someone as it happened, blew her mind, like she'd finally morphed into womanhood or something.

She still laments that she feels she can never look like a "Hottie' but while she can dress to kill (look at her in her Halloween catwoman suit and you'll know) as fast as she puts on red lipstick or eye liner, she has a tissue out and is toning it down. That's a good Filipina for you!

I'd be cautious in comparing Filipinos to Koreans or Japanese. You will see Koreans and Japanese in the Philippines. They have businesses there, vacation there etc., I find that there's a subtle dislike for a lot of Koreans amongst Filipinos. They find that while the Koreans and Japanese are often very serious people, that they're not as inclined as Filipinos to let loose, laugh, cut up, get into mushy, sentimental music and romance. Many feel the Koreans, compared to the Japanese are downright surly and mean.

Spend some time in a Korean airport waiting for a flight and it'll take seconds to tell the Filipinos from the Koreans. The same holds true in japan, but it really stands out more amongst the Koreans. It's sort of paradoxical, because many Filipinos--ESPECIALLY Filipinas, love Korean pop culture--their soap operas, movies, the KPop music, fashion trends, technology and more. They have crushes on the Korean media stars. But ask if they'd rather marry a Yank, Aussie, Euro guy, a Swede than a Korean or Japanese guy and you'd probably get a yes.

Thanks for the insightful and detailed response, Robert :-)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 08:56:48 PM »
Thanks for the insightful and detailed response, Robert :-)

Thanks for reading it Juan--sometimes I think Whitey's the only guy who reads half my posts.

But as a lot of guys have pointed out--there's some great women just about everywhere. It just takes methodical searching and yes, some good old fashioned luck. But to an extent, we make our own luck, by making ourselves open to the opportunity and grasping it. I lost a few good ones by being foolish--but then I married the first time being stupid headed!

Probably the least likely places I'd start looking again if I had to, would be China, Eastern Europe, former USSR nations, Russia--Korea, the Middle East, parts of Africa (although some of those East African area women are exempt from my 'not interested list'--they're so pretty I need to use Windex to clean my eyeballs :o ::) 8)

I had a ball in Ireland--Galway and Kinsale in particular just had some green eyed brunettes I still dream about--women so hot, I'd herd sheep to stay with them. (and I actually did for a while!) But I don't think I'd be too serious about the UK area or Western Europe either. I'd skip Thailand--some of the hottest looking babes, period IMO, but just a bit too unpredictable--like Siamese cats. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia maybe--there's still some old fashioned girls that are knock dead gorgeous there, minus the 'attitude'.

I thought about Nepal and Peru--but aside from there being some distance and language differences between the two areas, the women look exactly the same to me, so being confused, I scratched those off the list. (bad joke)

I typically set things up pretty good ahead of time and travel solo, but boy oh boy, if I could have my druthers, I've heard they say to really get "lucky"--a wingman or two is the ticket. That said, I'd like to be twenty years younger and as my 'wingmen' have Whitey on my right side and Calipro on my left. And in my back pocket, a list of the contact info for the 100 or so girls Gato left behind, for some unbeknownst reason!

Honestly, If I could speak Spanish, I'd love to visit C. & S. America, go back to Mexico, etc. I think if it were looking for women though--I'd try something different--perhaps Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay--maybe Chile. But seeing Colombia, Brazil--they're on the 'bucket list' too--there's just so much to see--the cities--the eco tourism, history and lovely women galore.

I guess part of my rational for the places I picked besides likelihood of physical attraction and an easy to get along with personalities (stable, not too dramatic or materialistic) is selfishness. I don't want to go where there's a lot of other white, blue eyed guys--I want to go where it's not mega crowded, but is interesting, where the people are interested in me, w/o wanting to kill, cook or rob me.

But win, lose or draw with women and I've had all three outcomes in visits to the Philippines-- I'd still go back there if I had to start all over again. With probably 60 million women, 7000 islands and incredible beaches--golf if that's your thing, or fishing and more--but especially for all the people that typically have really nice dispositions, speak English and welcome foreigners, it suits me fine. No, it's not perfect, but what place is?

Ahhh----so many colors, so many flavors..... ;)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 05:13:08 AM »
Thanks for reading it Juan--sometimes I think Whitey's the only guy who reads half my posts.

But as a lot of guys have pointed out--there's some great women just about everywhere. It just takes methodical searching and yes, some good old fashioned luck. But to an extent, we make our own luck, by making ourselves open to the opportunity and grasping it. I lost a few good ones by being foolish--but then I married the first time being stupid headed!

Probably the least likely places I'd start looking again if I had to, would be China, Eastern Europe, former USSR nations, Russia--Korea, the Middle East, parts of Africa (although some of those East African area women are exempt from my 'not interested list'--they're so pretty I need to use Windex to clean my eyeballs :o ::) 8)

I had a ball in Ireland--Galway and Kinsale in particular just had some green eyed brunettes I still dream about--women so hot, I'd herd sheep to stay with them. (and I actually did for a while!) But I don't think I'd be too serious about the UK area or Western Europe either. I'd skip Thailand--some of the hottest looking babes, period IMO, but just a bit too unpredictable--like Siamese cats. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia maybe--there's still some old fashioned girls that are knock dead gorgeous there, minus the 'attitude'.

I thought about Nepal and Peru--but aside from there being some distance and language differences between the two areas, the women look exactly the same to me, so being confused, I scratched those off the list. (bad joke)

I typically set things up pretty good ahead of time and travel solo, but boy oh boy, if I could have my druthers, I've heard they say to really get "lucky"--a wingman or two is the ticket. That said, I'd like to be twenty years younger and as my 'wingmen' have Whitey on my right side and Calipro on my left. And in my back pocket, a list of the contact info for the 100 or so girls Gato left behind, for some unbeknownst reason!

Honestly, If I could speak Spanish, I'd love to visit C. & S. America, go back to Mexico, etc. I think if it were looking for women though--I'd try something different--perhaps Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay--maybe Chile. But seeing Colombia, Brazil--they're on the 'bucket list' too--there's just so much to see--the cities--the eco tourism, history and lovely women galore.

I guess part of my rational for the places I picked besides likelihood of physical attraction and an easy to get along with personalities (stable, not too dramatic or materialistic) is selfishness. I don't want to go where there's a lot of other white, blue eyed guys--I want to go where it's not mega crowded, but is interesting, where the people are interested in me, w/o wanting to kill, cook or rob me.

But win, lose or draw with women and I've had all three outcomes in visits to the Philippines-- I'd still go back there if I had to start all over again. With probably 60 million women, 7000 islands and incredible beaches--golf if that's your thing, or fishing and more--but especially for all the people that typically have really nice dispositions, speak English and welcome foreigners, it suits me fine. No, it's not perfect, but what place is?

Ahhh----so many colors, so many flavors..... ;)
With all that´s been said on this thread, and watching the videos, I´m glad I came to Colombia in the end. I have met some wonderful people here.
Of the hundred or so girls I´ve dated, probably a dozen or more of them would have been a good wife for me if the chemistry had been a bit stronger. And, of course, given a better set of circumstances I´d probably still be married to Jackie.
I´m now dating a wonderful girl who treats me like a king. We´ll see what time brings, but I have a really good feeling about this one.

So, my life here has been successful and I´m planning to stay for the long haul.
From time to time I get curious about what other pastures may be greener, but it really is hard to imagine finding a place with this concentration of attractive and available women, where the weather is excellent year round, where the cost of living is much better than US.

If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
With all that´s been said on this thread, and watching the videos, I´m glad I came to Colombia in the end. I have met some wonderful people here.
Of the hundred or so girls I´ve dated, probably a dozen or more of them would have been a good wife for me if the chemistry had been a bit stronger. And, of course, given a better set of circumstances I´d probably still be married to Jackie.
I´m now dating a wonderful girl who treats me like a king. We´ll see what time brings, but I have a really good feeling about this one.

So, my life here has been successful and I´m planning to stay for the long haul.
From time to time I get curious about what other pastures may be greener, but it really is hard to imagine finding a place with this concentration of attractive and available women, where the weather is excellent year round, where the cost of living is much better than US.

"Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”

― Abraham Lincoln   

(And besides the his son's death, the Civil War, slavery and an impossibly bipolar, crazy wife---that man had a LOT of reasons NOT to be happy)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »
(And besides the his son's death, the Civil War, slavery and an impossibly bipolar, crazy wife---that man had a LOT of reasons NOT to be happy)

Not to mention the international bankers who had him killed because he wanted the US Govt to ISSUE IT'S OWN CURRENCY, FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, instead of borrowing at interest from the central bank.

Offline whitey

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

Damn, I wish I'd known 20 years ago what I know now ... would be fun to hop in the ole Delorean and be your wingman, Rob!

Not that I'd give up any of that for what I have now, but sure would have been a blast ... :-)
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
My ex wife was Filipina. 7 years with her. My wife now is Barranquillera. 5 years so far with her. I live in San Diego now and see and work with lots of Filipinas here. I could write a book on this subject. For me, Colombian is better, but in general think much less difficulty with integration and language barriers with Filipinas. I have met many bad and good from both places. PM me if you have specific questions.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 324