It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Barranquilla Trip Report: Nov. 2016  (Read 14641 times)

Offline cdr1974

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Barranquilla Trip Report: Nov. 2016
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 04:47:29 AM »
Maria's is a great person anddoes work hard for you but as the poster said,  she just does not have the database. 
As soneone commented,  too many rich gringos sending money,  buying them dtuff all the time.  I was talking to one girl who told me some rich gringo even bought her and her mother an apartment and he was some old fat very rich gringo who was simpky trying to buy her.
This word as spread all over Colombia and this is what many girls know they can get.  They look for the BEST option,  regardless of his looks.
Thry are more and more becoming westernized and more and more becoming like the woman from the Usa and Europe and becoming grabbing materialistic bitches like many are here.
Its sad to say it but its happening.......

Us guys still looking have missed the boat and as said above,  we can only compete for the single mothers or woman who are average looking there.  Its a sad fact but true.
The woman in Colombia are not to blame,  its us Gringos at fault.

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 06:22:58 AM »
Maria's is a great person anddoes work hard for you but as the poster said,  she just does not have the database. 
As soneone commented,  too many rich gringos sending money,  buying them dtuff all the time.  I was talking to one girl who told me some rich gringo even bought her and her mother an apartment and he was some old fat very rich gringo who was simpky trying to buy her.
This word as spread all over Colombia and this is what many girls know they can get.  They look for the BEST option,  regardless of his looks.
Thry are more and more becoming westernized and more and more becoming like the woman from the Usa and Europe and becoming grabbing materialistic bitches like many are here.
Its sad to say it but its happening.......

Us guys still looking have missed the boat and as said above,  we can only compete for the single mothers or woman who are average looking there.  Its a sad fact but true.
The woman in Colombia are not to blame,  its us Gringos at fault.

CDR

While I agree that Colombia has more than their share of Golddiggers( We know a few in our city that are blatant about finding a rich guy , taking his money and divorcing him.), You can find good women their , BUT, you need to rethink your approach.

1) Learn Spanish-No Spanish-No Solid Relationship
2) Go to smaller cities and small towns. Not polluted by the $$$ like the big 5 cities
3) Look to their inner beauty and not so much a Dime
4) Last but not least. don't be so nice to them. You are the Alpha( if you are not an Alpha, you are going to get suckered)

5) If not able to do the above, you are correct that the bus has left you at the station so just take your wallet out and be a CP or other player paying for it one way or another. Hey, you would be getting laid at least instead of sitting in your London flat watching the Ferris Wheel go Round and Round. :-\

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 06:59:46 AM »
CDR

While I agree that Colombia has more than their share of Golddiggers( We know a few in our city that are blatant about finding a rich guy , taking his money and divorcing him.), You can find good women their , BUT, you need to rethink your approach.

2) Go to smaller cities and small towns. Not polluted by the $$$ like the big 5 cities
4) Last but not least. don't be so nice to them. You are the Alpha( if you are not an Alpha, you are going to get suckered)

5) If not able to do the above, you are correct that the bus has left you at the station so just take your wallet out and be a CP or other player paying for it one way or another. Hey, you would be getting laid at least instead of sitting in your London flat watching the Ferris Wheel go Round and Round. :-\

KB

I agree with most of what you say, but you also have to remember that you havent been playing around in Colombia for a while.
The really hot sexy ones have guys falling all over them  on all the time, and if Theya are on the internet, have no proble finding rich guys  (and not necesarily old and fat) willing to support them in everyway, who are tired of shagging sheep in Montana (or in the Pampas of Patagonia).

For them, being a "wallet" is almost a prerequisite, because they have been brainwashed into thinkng its the "norm". They are even older unattractive women with kids who are in this mindset.

But yes, you can get a relatively attractive "girl next door" type who has not been corrupted in this way, its 100% true.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:03:55 AM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 06:59:46 AM »

Offline MariaJBueno

• Colombia´s #1 Matchmaker
    • Exclusive Colombian Matchmaker
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
Maria's is a great person and does work hard for you but as the poster said,  she just does not have the database. 

Hi CDR,

As the original poster said, he is very picky.  I had 60-70+ PRETTY, RELATIONSHIP  women highly interested in meeting him that did not fit his criteria, he chose criteria over quantity.  Each client is different, and everyone has their own personal criteria, we respect that.  One man's beauty queen is another man's "maybe".

My database focuses on quality, and I'm in continuous communication with the girls, building rapport on a regular basis.  That is why my level of service is so high, and how I can reduce the number of flakes and no-shows.  If you just want to surf a large database of flakes then, as others have said, you can just use all of the other kind apps and online services for that. If you want True Matchmaking, then that's what I'm here for.

:D

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:10:47 AM by MariaJBueno »
Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
www.ExclusiveColombianMatchmaker.com
----------------
Let's Talk!
http://bit.ly/2NRwsHG
Follow Me:
IG: @colombianmatchmaker
CH: @matchmakercol

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »
CDR

KB

I agree KB with your comments.

My Spanish is Excellent so no issues there.

With regards to staying away from the 5 big cities.  Medellin as we know is the gold digger capital of the world,  not just Colombia.  I would then say followed by Cali,  Bogota and then Barranquilla.  This is from my experience only.

I agree with being the Alpha male. A guy must wear the pants otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

We all know,  no agencies exist outside of these 5 cities.  The only other way is use of social media or cupid and I need not bothering saying anymore about cupid. 

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 08:58:50 AM »
I agree KB with your comments.

My Spanish is Excellent so no issues there.

With regards to staying away from the 5 big cities.  Medellin as we know is the gold digger capital of the world,  not just Colombia.  I would then say followed by Cali,  Bogota and then Barranquilla.  This is from my experience only.

I agree with being the Alpha male. A guy must wear the pants otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

We all know,  no agencies exist outside of these 5 cities.  The only other way is use of social media or cupid and I need not bothering saying anymore about cupid.

CDR

If I had to choose a city in Colombia to go to based on the women I dated in the past, I would take 2 weeks, rent an apartment in Bucaramanga and just meet as many ladies as possible, network and more networking. No offense to Maria, but forget about an agency if you can take at least 2 weeks to travel. Go to Coffee Houses, Universities, Churches, Festivals, ect.

If I were still in the game and had my mind absolutely set on Colombia, that is the city and the game plan I would go with.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
CDR

If I had to choose a city in Colombia to go to based on the women I dated in the past, I would take 2 weeks, rent an apartment in Bucaramanga and just meet as many ladies as possible, network and more networking. No offense to Maria, but forget about an agency if you can take at least 2 weeks to travel. Go to Coffee Houses, Universities, Churches, Festivals, ect.

If I were still in the game and had my mind absolutely set on Colombia, that is the city and the game plan I would go with.

KB

KB

Bucaramga is a small city with a population of only 502,000

I think 2 weeks in such a small city and you would become bored very quickly

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »
KB

Bored?  Why would you become bored if all you're doing is dating women?  What are you like some party animal who needs to be entertained 24/7?  I mean cdr, your profile pic and and posting style screams SUPER MEGA PAINFULLY BOORRRING.

What do you do in larger cities that's so fun and exciting that you won't be able to do in Bucaramanga?

I think what's going on here is some men are absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with women and romance, and no amount of assistance, or looking in poor countries is going to help them.  The more they try, try, try, and try some more, the more they're just walking into a brick wall and they just fail, fail, and fail some more.  Then they become frustrated and blame it on everything but their own inadequacies.  Expat is the poster child for this phenomenon, since he moved to Colombia simply to be able to attract a good woman with only a "ham sammich", and now he's desiludionado after his plan didn't work out.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »

Bored?  Why would you become bored if all you're doing is dating women?  What are you like some party animal who needs to be entertained 24/7?  I mean cdr, your profile pic and and posting style screams SUPER MEGA PAINFULLY BOORRRING.

What do you do in larger cities that's so fun and exciting that you won't be able to do in Bucaramanga?

I think what's going on here is some men are absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with women and romance, and no amount of assistance, or looking in poor countries is going to help them.  The more they try, try, try, and try some more, the more they're just walking into a brick wall and they just fail, fail, and fail some more.  Then they become frustrated and blame it on everything but their own inadequacies.  Expat is the poster child for this phenomenon, since he moved to Colombia simply to be able to attract a good woman with only a "ham sammich", and now he's desiludionado after his plan didn't work out.

A typical "Mr Know It All" reply from awesome

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
CDR

KB

None Taken!

But then again you could also spend two weeks meeting women who you know are serious about finding a man and saving yourself the trouble to figure them all out on your own. I think it is nice to come down and have part of the work already done for you.

Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 10:09:23 AM »

Oh for the days when you could conquest your future bride by taking her out to Crepes and Waffles a few times..

This can still happen.
  • Just keep your hand out of your wallet.
  • Don't jump at every cry for help.
  • Ignore all the BS stories
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 10:10:54 AM »

Sorry but I have agree with this comment. 
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
CDR

Buca has tons of women and several Universities and some of the sweetest women in Colombia.
Very family oriented. You have tried to usual suspects, why not try a different path if you truly want to meet someone instead of the same failures that you have had going the route you seem to think is the only way--Just food for thought.

I'm in consultative sales so thinking outside the box is ingrained in my DNA

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 10:37:47 AM »
CDR

Buca has tons of women and several Universities and some of the sweetest women in Colombia.
Very family oriented. You have tried to usual suspects, why not try a different path if you truly want to meet someone instead of the same failures that you have had going the route you seem to think is the only way--Just food for thought.

I'm in consultative sales so thinking outside the box is ingrained in my DNA

KB

KB

It sounds a good plan but most guys,  including myself are not confident to do the cold approach in malls,  shops etc etc . Because of this,  I doubt it could work for me

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »

This can still happen.
  • Just keep your hand out of your wallet.
  • Don't jump at every cry for help.
  • Ignore all the BS stories

SOLID advice from a real, full blooded Colombiana telling it like it is. Love and romance aside, if you train anyone, man or woman, that they don't have to walk on their own because you'll always be their crutch, you can't be surprised when they fall down because you want to stop holding up your end. Even if you're filthy rich and they're only making small requests. If you build up a relationship to be based on what you're doing for her instead of how you feel about each other, you've already failed. I've ran across my fair share of gold diggers in Latin America but they were generally few and far between. And there were some situations I definitely could have handled better. But when I hear guys constantly complaining about running across women that only want them for their money, I can't help but assume they have an equal hand in creating those expectations in the very same women. Most of Latin America still lives below the poverty level. If there were that many gold diggers in countries like Colombia, Brazil, etc. most of the men wouldn't have any women willing to date them.

My advice is always the same when guys start talking about sending girls money: "What would she do if you weren't dating? She's survived up until now without you. You telling her no isn't going to kill her."

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:56 PM »

None Taken!

But then again you could also spend two weeks meeting women who you know are serious about finding a man and saving yourself the trouble to figure them all out on your own. I think it is nice to come down and have part of the work already done for you.

+1

This makes a lot of sense.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
I always end up talking to women in Colombia just in the course of travelling. They're a friendly group especially with a gringo. One reason I would never live there, I would be in constant trouble.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 05:08:57 PM »
KB

Buca women have a rep of beimng hot-tempered..

But thats only a Rep

Its quite isolated from the rest of Colombia.

One place I have never been yet. I would like to go there, just to travel and visit the areas around-you know San Gil, etc.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »

SOLID advice from a real, full blooded Colombiana telling it like it is. Love and romance aside, if you train anyone, man or woman, that they don't have to walk on their own because you'll always be their crutch, you can't be surprised when they fall down because you want to stop holding up your end. Even if you're filthy rich and they're only making small requests. If you build up a relationship to be based on what you're doing for her instead of how you feel about each other, you've already failed. I've ran across my fair share of gold diggers in Latin America but they were generally few and far between. And there were some situations I definitely could have handled better. But when I hear guys constantly complaining about running across women that only want them for their money, I can't help but assume they have an equal hand in creating those expectations in the very same women. Most of Latin America still lives below the poverty level. If there were that many gold diggers in countries like Colombia, Brazil, etc. most of the men wouldn't have any women willing to date them.

My advice is always the same when guys start talking about sending girls money: "What would she do if you weren't dating? She's survived up until now without you. You telling her no isn't going to kill her."

Hmm your right, shes going to survive, but shes gonna be looking for some other guy to take care of her..

I remeber the post a guy named  Clavo made on PBH a few years ago

If a dead broke tacaño gringo came to Colombia, he would soon find that only 60 year old toothless women were hanging around him--because Colombians think all Gringos are rich..

Until they finally realized he was broke, and they would take off as well..

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

+1

I will never get tired of saying it. 
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »

Hmm your right, shes going to survive, but shes gonna be looking for some other guy to take care of her..

I remeber the post a guy named  Clavo made on PBH a few years ago

If a dead broke tacaño gringo came to Colombia, he would soon find that only 60 year old toothless women were hanging around him--because Colombians think all Gringos are rich..

Until they finally realized he was broke, and they would take off as well..

You don't have to be tacaño AT ALL , you just can't jump in to solve her every problem.
SPECIALLY if you are just getting to know each other.

NOW there might be a point in the relationship where if you WANT, not if you are tricked into it.
ONLY if you want to give her a "Here you have no excuse to come to me with any sorry, BS stories monthly allowance" WHY THE HECK NOT?

But I sure do hope by then she's madly in love with what she gets in bed TOO..

Just saying.
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »
I always end up talking to women in Colombia just in the course of travelling. They're a friendly group especially with a gringo. One reason I would never live there, I would be in constant trouble.

Tell me about it. I've come to the realization that I'll probably never live in our house in the Philippines. Temptation is rampant. A walk in the mall makes for easy game. If the babes aren't as eager and/or flirtacious enough, cab drivers, door men and the like all seem to have a sister or niece they want you to meet. If I was a bad dog, I'd spend half my life there taking my pants on and off, the other half trying to sleep. And some really pretty ladies too, from jail bait to mature, light skin from bloodlines from Spain, to firey hot morenas.

But like Paul Newman said about philandering: "Why go out for hamburger when n you've got steak at home?" Mercy.....So many women-----so little time....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

Hi CDR,

As the original poster said, he is very picky.  I had 60-70+ PRETTY, RELATIONSHIP  women highly interested in meeting him that did not fit his criteria, he chose criteria over quantity.  Each client is different, and everyone has their own personal criteria, we respect that.  One man's beauty queen is another man's "maybe".

My database focuses on quality, and I'm in continuous communication with the girls, building rapport on a regular basis.  That is why my level of service is so high, and how I can reduce the number of flakes and no-shows.  If you just want to surf a large database of flakes then, as others have said, you can just use all of the other kind apps and online services for that. If you want True Matchmaking, then that's what I'm here for.

:D

True: 1) I am a picky/particular S.O.B. and 2) There were zero flakes/no-shows.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »

+1   Same advice.  They all had survived before we all came along! 

Offline MariaJBueno

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 09:25:31 PM »
60 year old toothless women were hanging around him

This right here...
A guy must be real lame, have no self love, be too desperate to jump at this.  :-X

if you:

Stay on top of your fitness game.
Keep a clean look.
Smell good at all times
Dress nice.
Treat her with love
DON'T be a pervert
Be romantic
Keep your hand out your wallet
Give her your full attention
Treat her like she is the ONLY ONE...
And now and then/or every time pick up the tab and get her a gift.

Is that too much to ask?

See guys, you don't get this but sadly and in our culture , if a woman has a man, there is no reason for her to live like a scumbag. People will see this and criticise her if she does.

Because  there is still that bug in the system lingering within our society: The Woman for the matrimony and the men for the patrimony.

A girl who is seen meeting up with some dude at hotels every other month but still has to worry  about barely making it and surviving, will only be the ridicule of her friends and family, sooner or later someone will encourage her to leave you or to ask you for money. 

NOW!

Although life is changing, women still have it hard down here, we have more options, but regardless of how hard people work, with the lame salaries that barely help, women just barely make it.

Most of the girls that I meet have some sort of education and have a job. They complain about how Colombian men. Since men do not want to man up, women go out to make their $$.

So you need to make up your mind and be honest with what you want.

A professional woman who is independent, shows no signs of needing you financially, not scared to be alone because she is her own provider.  (Still you can never compare her to a professional independant woman in The US)

Or

Would you be ok with a woman who has an average job makes minimum wage  ( 700.000- 1'000.000COP a month) But that eventually will ask for help.

Please  stop calling ALL women scammers or gold diggers. YES don't send her money but if you are going to come down every other month and shack up at a hotel with her at least make her feel that she has a man who takes care of her. Not another dude who only wants to get laid.. Might as well keep on dating the locals - I say!!

because if they really want to be with you all you need to do is to be different FROM THE LOCALS and YEAH change her life a bit.

AND I DON'T MEAN:

iPhone
BOOBS
A CAR
A HOUSE
DIAMONDS

There is a huge difference between taking care of your woman and spoiling your her rotten.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:48:25 PM by MariaJBueno »
----------------
Let's Talk!
Follow Me:

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr