It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Me  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Nicks

Me
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
Hi all,

i am new here. Just a little info about me Swedish, 34 years old, married to a panamanian girl i met in the USA while studying there, we have been married for almost 9 years, have 2 kids.We live in panama since 1997. If anyone have questions about beeing married for a long time with a latin woman, let me know.

rgds

Nick

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
RE: Me
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

And congratulations on the success of your marriage.

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Killer-B

• Global Moderator
  • "Screw you guys... I'm going home!"
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:42 PM »
Hello Nick -

Welcome to the board - and appreciate you chiming in!!

You have an interesting story - and hope you can share more in the future as to how ya'll met? - Am curious how she got you (or why you) moved to Panama over Sweden? You like it there? What kind of work do ya'll do? - 9+ years, wow!, sounds like things are going great! Did you "date" other women (other countries) before meeting your wife, or focus directly on Panama?

Cheers!

KB

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:42 PM »

Offline Nicks

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:41:13 AM »
Hi, and thanks for the wellcoming.

While i was studying in the US i dated a Russian girl for about 6 months, she was very nice, but in the end, all she wanted was out of russia. I felt kind of sorry for her, but at the time i was not into marrige. I actually only dated 1 american girl during 3.5 years. It was a bad experience and it lasted only 1 date.  I dated some swedish girls while living in sweden, and during the summers i met other european girls, i used to take vacations in spain.

my wife and i decided to move to Panama because my spanish was a lot better than her swedish(non existing), she has been to sweden a few times, and she likes it a lot. I think its more me who dont want to move back. Sweden has its benefits, but the stress,  and the darknes in the winter really gets too you. Panama is much more relaxing, i feel more safe here than in Stockholm for example, the weather is good, people ar generaly nice.

It is not easy to be married and being of two difrent cultures, it takes a lot of effort, lots of frustration, and lots of talking. Is it worth it? Yes, for me its worth it.

rgds
Nick

Offline Looking4Wife

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:26:04 PM »
Welcome Nick, and congratulations on your long-term marriage.  I suspected one of the reasons you moved to Panama was for the weather.  8)

Your quote was very interesting to me:

"it takes a lot of effort, lots of frustration"

... since it describes my past relationships with American Women! :D

Offline Nicks

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »
Ahhhh but its a diffrent frustration my friend. You see, by frustrating i mean that due to lack of 100% comunications sometimes there are misunderstandings that create fights, but ones its all cleared up, everything is hunky doory. I belive latin women in general think more with there hearts than with there brains. this is very nice most of the time, they are very carying, they worry about you, they are concerned about you, but this kind of thinking also makes them quite unpredictable. They might react to a coment or a situation in a completly strange way (to us) since they think with there hearts(emotions). Simple example: On the way back from work you stop at a gas station, you are thirsty so you buy a can of coke. You trash the can in the kitchen when you come home, wifes sees it, and goes crazy over the fact that you didnt buy her a coke. Now, how would you have known, that in that exact moment you dear wife was dying for a coke? Well, in her mind it works like this: You want a coke= buy her a coke. Then weather she wants it or not, is beside the point. By not buying her a can of coke, you show that she is not on your mind all the time. I dont know about american women, but a swedish, does not think like that.

In any case, all women are diffrent, and so are latinas. The relationship doesnt become bland and booring when you are from diffrent cultures, alwas something to talk about.. ;)

nick

Offline EbonyPrince

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 07:18:34 AM »
While i was studying in the US i dated a Russian girl for about 6 months, she was very nice, but in the end, all she wanted was out of russia. I felt kind of sorry for her, but at the time i was not into marrige. I actually only dated 1 american girl during 3.5 years. It was a bad experience and it lasted only 1 date.
Congrats on your relationship.  It is nice that you chimed in to let everyone know about your success.

I found your American women date piece very funny. It's nice that someone other than American men can feel our pain.:)

I have come in contact with a few Russian and European women.  That are indeed nice. Very easy to talk to and friendly from my experience.  

I wasn't aware that Sweden experienced the extended periods of darkness. I worked for a company where I came in contact often with many Finnish people, and I remember them talking about the climate and extended darkness in Finland.  So I guess Sweden would have some of the same things.  Interesting...

It is not easy to be married and being of two difrent cultures, it takes a lot of effort, lots of frustration, and lots of talking. Is it worth it? Yes, for me its worth it.
I think that this is important for people to understand.  When your backgrounds whether it be race, culture, religion, or whatever is different it could mean a lot of work.  But if the two are committed to each other and making it work, these small issues can be overcome.  

I need to learn more about Panama.  Would you recommend vacationing in Panama?   I would be interested in hearing more about your overall view of Panama?

Welcome and thanks again for your positive comments.:)

Offline Nicks

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi again,

my dad is a fin, so that makes me 50% finish. Both countries as well as norway, and denmark suffers from the darness from october to march, thats why everyone goues to south f europe, asia, or florida for vacations, more sun light!

I like panama a lot, my wife doesnt. The reason is that she gets upset with the politics etc, i dont really care. I had a serious culture schock, but i overcame it, and now i really enjoy living here. life is so much more relaxing. I suggest you come down on a vacation, look around. There are many things to do, especially if yu like eco tourism. As all latin countries, the service sometimes is questionable, but people are generaly very nice. Panama is going through a boom of american and european real estate investors, its the baby boomers thinking about retiering, and they are buying a lot of condos and houses. there are some really good investment oportunities around, if you take the time too look around.

As far as the women, well there are many, wonderful, lovy girls around. BUT since panama is not having economic problems or war, these women are not as willing to move from here than there colombian sisters. There might be a agency starting up in a not too long future, keep your eyes open ;)

rgds
Nick

Offline bad40

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »
what are the differences between swedish, norweigan, danish and latin women?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 176