It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: This is my year!!!  (Read 2803 times)

Offline AlwaysDevoted

• Probie
This is my year!!!
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
I have finally decided to take the plunge and find my Colombian woman. I am not expecting perfection, a puppet, or a slave, but yet a beautiful woman who knows how to appreciate the fact that I am a very devoted man and believe in loyalty, romance, and chivalry. I plan on taking this process in a slow and methodical fashion, knowing that there are money hungry, devious, and dishonest women everywhere. I am not naive enough to believe that just because I am looking for a Colombian that I can't find the same mess I have found here. I also know that some of the problems I have run into with the women here are due to the women I have chosen; however, I also know that some of the problems I have had here in the states have absolutely NOTHING to do with me and have everything to do with the way the women were raised.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have always been attracted to Latin women and after being a voyeur on here for a very long time (as well as many other sites, blogs, and dating websites), I have a plan.

I just applied for my passport today and am taking my first trip in June. I am going with an agency that I will not choose to divulge at this time, but will report in full my progress with them as it happens. I am choosing not to say who I am using so that I don't have any type of biased opinion before going or during my trip. Although I value everyone's advice on here, I have seen how some of these threads can get out of hand, so I will keep that information to myself so that I may report back a totally unbiased, honest, and professional opinion of the agency after my trip is complete.

My first questions, however, are how long will it take to get my passport and what are the rules as far as taking electronics into Columbia? As I have questions, I will continue to post them and am glad to finally jump in and start posting. Oh, and one more thing, I am a single parent that has had full custody of my son since he was 3 months old. Will this pose any type of problem trying to find a Colombian woman for marriage? I obviously will be upfront about my situation with anyone I meet, I just want to know if it will be a problem. I am not looking for a mother for him as his mother gets him every other weekend and is as involved as she can be. Also, she is aware of my plans for my marital future and is encouraging me to find whoever makes me happy.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:04:54 PM by AlwaysDevoted »
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: This is my year!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »
It can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to get your passport.  A simple rule of thumb is, don't plan on traveling for at least 2 months after you apply for your passport.
But welcome to the club!
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline raycjs

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:55:17 AM »
AlwaysDevoted

Welcome to the board and i wish you the best of luck, First and formost if you come across any women that has a problem with your son run do not walk away from her, You will find that 90% of the women will be very proud and excited to here you have taken the responsibility to raise your son on your own, that is a major feather in your cap, second you can take all types of electronics on your trip, ipod, computer,blackberry, translator, and so on..... third your passport will take 4 to 6 weeks if you go that route or you can go to a major passport office and pay extra to have it in a few days if needed but i would not waste the time or the money since your first trip is not until June, 2010... I also went the agency route a few years back in BAQ, i was very pleased with the service i received the only mistake i made was i went though it with my eyes closed (NOT WIDE OPEN) I have learned a lot since then and my life has completely changed for the better.... I recommend you to go SLOW, this will be very overwhelming to you, i am sure you have never had the opportunity to meet 40 to 50 women is such a short amount of time and they all want you to be with them while you are there. you must talk and ask as many questions ask you can, meet the family, see where she lives, what does she do for work? or school? Listen to your hart but do not be blind,Listen to your close friends take a lot of photos and share them with your close friends they can see thing that are blind to you.... i would also recommend you look into your life to determine what type of person you are and what type of women you want to spend your life with.For example if you are a city boy you may find it hard to take a country girl out of the country and put her in the city, or take a beach girl and bring her to the country where there is no water, Please keep all of this in mind when you are looking for your future wife. the last thing i can offer you at this time is to listen to some of the guys on this board and what they are telling you weather you like what you hear or not the facts are the facts.

In closing i wish you the best of luck and if i can help you in any way just ask

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:55:17 AM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »

Hey AD, you can just mention the word "agency" here and cause a ruckus! I don't see all the fuss myself.If you like agencies then use them if not then don't.I used them myself and thats how I met my wife.Good luck in your search and welcome to the board.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
Raycjs has given you good advcie.

And you ve gotten your logistics questions aswered.

I know a lot about agencies in Colombia and I live in Bogota. 

The most important thiing to remember is that an agency doe not have a corproate committment to service...as does an American company. An agency is an individual or small gorup of iundividuals who work in the same place.  The success of the agency is derived form the committment to service and the attention to details of the owner.  The people who work with or for the owner may or may not have a work ethic. All a good agency can do is keep you busy with dates and maybe be a uselful intermediary between you and women.....if you dont speak Spanish.

They cannot guarantee that you will find a wife...and they cannot vouch for the motivations of the women. And women in agenices have motivaitons that range all over the map.

If you dont speak Spanish you ve got five months ths to learn and you can get decent Spanish undere your belt in five months, studying 90 minutes to 2 hours a day or more.  Its one of the most important things you can do to increase your chances of success.

Your chances of success are also based on whether you are realisitc with yourself, you know who you are and what you can offer.....and you know what kind of woman you need...not just who you want, but what kind of woman you need.

Ive seen craploads of gringos come to Colombia and pretend to be someone that they aren t.... and they are chasing a fantasy. Most men date women who are too young for that man, and many are BLINDED by the beauty of colombianas.

Your job is to get yourself prepared to understand that as good looking as a woman may be, there may well be elements in her background and red flags that dont make her a viable candidate as a wife in the US.

Finally remeber this dating Colombian women within an agency environment isn t a one sided interview, any Colombian woman has her own ideas of what she may want or not want in a foreign man, and she has an equal right to cut you.

The easiest way to make the process enjoyable and interesting is to speak Spanish...so then its a date and a conversation.

Keep asking questions.

Good luck
Dennis
Bogota, Colombia   

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
as always everyone is giving great advice and you seem to have a great attitude, welcome and good luck!

Offline AlwaysDevoted

• Probie
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »
Hi again everyone and thanks for the responses already. As far as the comment about age goes, I am not looking for someone really young or anything like that. I am currently learning Spanish and am glad to know that it will be such a plus when I arrive. I will be 40 in June and am looking for a woman from about 27-45 and don't really care about the age. I guess my question is if that is a good age group to be looking for? I am also open to single mothers as well. I am not concentrating on any certain type, but rather a woman that has serious family values and believes that you love and stay committed to just one man as I believe in giving the same love and devotion in return.
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

AD,
       From the age range and description of what you are looking for your options are pretty much wide open.The only trouble you may have is having too many options!That's not really a problem.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline raycjs

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 05:48:57 AM »
AD

That is a really wide age group, so you should not have any problems, the other thing you need to ask yourself is if you want to be a father again. Most of the women you meet will want to have a baby with you later on in life, this is very important to a latin women and a major part of there family values.

Best of luck to you

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline AlwaysDevoted

• Probie
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 06:29:41 AM »
I am not sure about being a father again, but I am open to discussing it. The situation would really depend on how long we have been together, how our relationship as progressed, and how secure I feel about the future. I have seen how not having his mother in his life on a regular basis has affected my son and I wouldn't want that to happen with another child. So my answer, yet vague, is the only answer I can really give on that subject.

I have posted in another section as to what the opportunities are for moving and working in Colombia. I have 2 Bachelor's degrees. One is in Business and the other is in Computers. However, I have been in the Hospitality business for 10 years. I was also a teacher in a Middle School so I have teaching experience as well. I have tried the websites that promote teaching in a foreign country, but they won't even consider me as a single father.

I don't necessarily want to move there permanently, but perhaps for a year or so and if need be, my son can stay in the States with my mother, although I would rather take him so that he may experience the culture and learn the language.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 07:23:12 AM »
The best advice I can give you is to always go with your gut instincts. If you think you are possibly getting played, you probably are. If you feel the chemistry is not right and you are not in harmony with the girl, it is likely not going to get better with time. If there is anything at all about the situation that is not in sync with your ideas, values, minimum qualities you are looking for, do not hesitate to move on.

Because one thing is for sure, these ladies are not really going to change much. What you see is what you get. And that is the end of the story.

And most of us in the 40 and over club are too stubborn at our age to change a great deal either.

Do not get involved with anything to do with cash. As soon as they mention cash even one time, start looking for the exit door. Don't listen to the stories about the sick grandmother, the unpaid utility bills, the school tuition, just turn and run.

There are literally 10's of thousands of women ready to date you. So it does not make any sense at all to get involved with a woman with baggage.

Do not assume that all these girls know about "love" even though they talk a big game. Most of them get their "love" advice from telenovelas, reggaeton videos, and from the hood. Seems like a majority of them have no concept of what real love is.

But even with all the pitfalls, you are going to have a blast for sure. But just be careful.

Offline joeblack

• Commercial Member
  • Probie
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
Hey Men really good for u u will find the most beautiful womens there, i advise you that they want romance they are old fashion so be nice, if you want to meet some locals womens for free go to www.nuevoromanceonline.com and you can take a look .....chat with some of them before you gop there and the best part is that is for free......Good luck!!1

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 176