It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: A few questions about internet sites  (Read 6377 times)

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
A few questions about internet sites
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
Hi I am wondering what the recommendations are for how long I should start talking to the women before I go over there. I think a month is to short I am looking for a wife not to "have a good time". I am thinking six months to try and get to know and cut my list down to two or three. I will only be able to go for two weeks then return for two weeks a few months later. I know it would be better if I could do one month straight instead of split but I think with two trips I can pick one on the first trip then spend the entire second trip with her. Is this a good way to do it or no?

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: A few questions about internet sites
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
I think your plan sounds good.

Which country are you looking for a wife in?

There is no prescribed timeframe for how long to communicate with a woman before visiting. Whatever the two of you are comfortable with is fine.

HOWEVER, if you are really focused on one individual lady, I wouldn't wait too long. She very well may have other prospects working and if they show up first, you may lose your chance.

2 weeks for a first visit is fine. If you do by some chance decide that you met the lady you want to spend the rest of your life with on your first trip, then you should study all the options and make a choice between a K-1 visa and an immigrant spouse visa. With a K-1, you marry her in your country and with a spouse visa you marry her in her country.

there are advantages and disadvantages to both options.

Two weeks would barely be enough to get married over there during your second trip. I would recommend at least 3 weeks for a foreign marriage.

Ray

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »
Thank you Ray. I am looking in Vietnam. I have started looking at the visa options I see things that say a k-1 is faster to get her here but I haven't seen what the disadvantage of a k-1 is compared to the I-130. It seems like a subject you could study for years and still not know what exactly is going on. Yes if on the first trip I meet the one and we decide to get married that would change the plans for the second trip.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »
Hi I am wondering what the recommendations are for how long I should start talking to the women before I go over there. I think a month is to short I am looking for a wife not to "have a good time". I am thinking six months to try and get to know and cut my list down to two or three. I will only be able to go for two weeks then return for two weeks a few months later. I know it would be better if I could do one month straight instead of split but I think with two trips I can pick one on the first trip then spend the entire second trip with her. Is this a good way to do it or no?

I'd advise communicating for at least a few months before planning a trip, maybe even longer if you're planning to do a 'one woman, one trip visit'. Get a feel for the market, encounter some scammers, etc.

That said, times have changed and the internet and other communication options have expanded in terms of variety--such as Skype, Viber, Yahoo and Facebook to name but several venues. Things have also extended out geographically into the provinces--all that technology reaches further now, with more people on both ends, whereas before, most women were in, or closer to the cities.

So competition's tougher than ever and the real pretty ones get tons of 'hits'. If they're ditzy beauty queen 'princess types', girls who like the attention and piling up the number of guys they communicate with, it doesn't bode well for the truly serious.

You're probably already being bombarded with tons of 'incomings' from all kinds of women. Maybe get a spiral notebook and try and organize how you rate the various women on traits meaningful to you and keep track that way.

So while I'd have said before that waiting six months was probably fine with most Asian women before planning a visit, the fact that they now have a lot more guys to choose from. That makes moving a bit faster more important today. And it's important to try and get a feeling on whether she's serious about finding a good guy or is reveling in all the attention.

If you're her 9,999th male FB friend or (if she'll even tell you) 9,999th 'interest' that's not good.

Don't waste your time--don't get overly fixated on beauty over character. Would you rather spend years with a nine or ten on the beauty scale who's used to high maintenance, is full of herself, can't finish school or keep a meaningful job, or settle down with a real cute, pretty eight who's stable, educated used to working and has good, solid values? Heck, if she's a 7 or 8 there, chances are she'll be the prettiest lady in most USA towns.

If she's proud of her family and speaks well of friends who also seem to share solid, down to earth values, great.

Look at all the super pretty ones and notice how few of them have completed college--vocational college and have jobs that they dare to mention, compared to the same 'details' amongst sweet and cute ladies.

So you want to take the time to make sure she's a good one, but if you wait too long, she might lose faith and just go for some other Joe who she figures REALLY IS coming. So as sort of said, you have to strike a balance on determining optimum timing.

Almost to a one, these women have heard stories of seemingly wonderful guys who were going to fly there, meet them, their family and friends, then stood them up--'no shows'. That has made them increasingly skeptical.

If you think you've found a great prospect, talking, camming, texting everyday to find out if she's steady and 'for real' will tell you a lot. If she's got a lot of different excuses as to why she missed communicating with you, I'd move on.

A lot of guys are up front with women on the first trip and explain they plan on seeing two or more women over a two week period. Considering the time, distance and expense, it certainly sounds fair to us, but they'll be some women who won't care too much for that.

Besides, any girl worth having probably wont easily let her hooks (errr--hands) off of you if you're a decent guy--if she really likes you and especially if you've met her family and friends. If they knew that you're coming and you turn out to be a 'dud'--it'll really looks bad for her. Imagine if you're just another 'no show'--like all the other guys she's probably heard about.

Guys string women along, all the time just like girls do to guys, all the while keeping lots of lines in the water for other 'catches'.

Then again, some women know this and for just what I've mentioned or for other reasons (moved far from family to find work, etc.) may be more independent and not worry about 'family and friends' so much and not be as 'clingy' or as worried about looking bad.

But regardless, even if she knew before you fly there that you're seeing more than one woman, if she's nonchalant when it DOES come time for you to leave, it's not a good sign.

But get your feet wet, don't narrow down your options too fast, don't get too 'full of yourself' with all these beauties hitting on you, try applying some organization to the madness and enjoy!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »
Thank you Ray. I am looking in Vietnam. I have started looking at the visa options I see things that say a k-1 is faster to get her here but I haven't seen what the disadvantage of a k-1 is compared to the I-130. It seems like a subject you could study for years and still not know what exactly is going on. Yes if on the first trip I meet the one and we decide to get married that would change the plans for the second trip.

Go to visajourney.com. It'll tell you processing times from Vietnam to the USA using various visa types and using the USCIS processing center that is assigned to your area. It's always changeable--our servicing center was changed because the one initially assigned to us got overloaded and another got their excess.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's couples from relatively close to where you live who are listed on VJ.com. You'll be amazed at how much info--and the detail therein you can glean from that site.

I was involved with a few Vietnamese ladies and had great neighbors from Vietnam, who for almost ten years were always trying to 'fix me up' with women from their family. Vietnam has come a long way in terms of being modern and having infrastructure. It's a bit off the beaten path and not so great infrastructure wise, but there are also some great women looking for foreign husbands in Cambodia and Laos--Laos is really small though--but a lot of those women also make exceptional wives.

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
Thank you Robert Vietnam being  a little off the path is one of the reasons I am looking there. there is probably 1 guy for every 10 looking in the Philippines. I think six months would be enough time to weed out the scammers, the ones who are not really serious, and the ones that we just don't "click." You are right about a sweet cute girl being better than a 10 but a 7 on looks with a 10 personality is the real 10. I will check out visajourney.com sound very helpful. 

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »
Personally I think 6 months is too long for Latin America. Maybe southeast Asia is different. I'm not sure if it's a cultural or geographical thing. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's an age thing. With smart phones the world moves a lot faster. In about a month or so I've seen 50 plus contacts put together. You have your top shelf and then your just in cases. To make connections and get to know women over Skype/Whatsapp... I could understand starting 90 days out. Regardless of where I was going in the world, I probably wouldn't search 6 months out (personally).
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »
Personally I think 6 months is too long for Latin America. Maybe southeast Asia is different. I'm not sure if it's a cultural or geographical thing. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's an age thing. With smart phones the world moves a lot faster. In about a month or so I've seen 50 plus contacts put together. You have your top shelf and then your just in cases. To make connections and get to know women over Skype/Whatsapp... I could understand starting 90 days out. Regardless of where I was going in the world, I probably wouldn't search 6 months out (personally).

Yea--that's why I pointed out that I used to say 'six months' but with technology and the numbers using it--the game's changed and you have to get with it. Time lines have gotten shorter in most of Asia too, I suspect. Even in nations farther behind than the Philippines in terms of technology, an amazing number of poor people still have smart phone and computer access. Most of S.E Asia--including India and Vietnam, is wired in fairly well these days.

>>>"That said, times have changed and the internet and other communication options have expanded in terms of variety--such as Skype, Viber, Yahoo and Facebook to name but several venues. Things have also extended out geographically into the provinces--all that technology reaches further now, with more people on both ends, whereas before, most women were in, or closer to the cities."<<<

If you don't get on the plane soon enough, she'll get tired of waiting and somebody else will get there first and win her over. Hopefully she'll give you a 'heads up' or at least drop some hints first, but it's all a balancing act and you have to read each person accordingly.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »

Hi MC,

You should probably just start talking to the ladies when you want to, whether it be 6 months or 6 weeks.  If nothing else you will continue to gain experience, and continue to learn little things.  Personally I usually commenced communication with various ladies a few weeks to 2 or 3 months out.  At the time, I had quite a bit of flexibility in my life, and if I buttoned down a few things, I could usually take off for a week or so, on short notice.   If I liked what was going on in conversations, I could, if I wanted to,  book a trip relatively soon.   

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 08:25:18 AM »
If you are new to International dating sites, I would recommend you to get to know the 'general' women.  You need to experience who are the potential scammers and realise them

6 months will be enough for you as you will need to experience 1st few months meeting 'potential scammers' in the dating sites. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »

Hi MC,

You should probably just start talking to the ladies when you want to, whether it be 6 months or 6 weeks.  If nothing else you will continue to gain experience, and continue to learn little things.  Personally I usually commenced communication with various ladies a few weeks to 2 or 3 months out.  At the time, I had quite a bit of flexibility in my life, and if I buttoned down a few things, I could usually take off for a week or so, on short notice.   If I liked what was going on in conversations, I could, if I wanted to,  book a trip relatively soon.   

Fathertime!

I think he's been chatting the ladies up all the while, but was wondering when might be 'prime time' to move on from that to getting on the plane and moving to 'up front and in person'. I think a few months chatting is good for starters, if to just begin to sort out the flakes, the wheat from the chafe, so to speak.

I bet if any of us were single and had enough time and money, we'd be flying there (or wherever) w/o worrying too much about whether it's too soon or too late--just going to experience it instead. No harm there.

What I wouldn't  give to be able to say: "Ready up the Gulfstream G650, James...)

If you're in California a jaunt down to C. or S. America involves a lot less time and money than S.E. Asia. The Philippines from the east coast USA is typically about 25 to as much as 40 hours time, depending on exactly where in the Philippines your destination is, transfer points and so on. Air fare can be --'generally--from $1500 and up, up, up. Vietnam is further--you have to fly over the Philippines (depending on which direction you're coming from of course)  but the Philippines, due to it's geographical position, is sometimes referred to as "The Gateway to Asia".

You'd think as such, with over 100 million people there and with many Filipinos working overseas going back and forth, that'd translate into cheaper airfares, but that's not always the case. Sometimes, Thailand and Vietnam tickets can cost less, but they're still some  of the longest trips and some of the more expensive destinations airfare wise, out there.

I had a relationship fall apart right before I left on my first trip to the Philippines. (Still had a GREAT time) but feeling a bit upset after landing , I figured "I'll turn on the TV in my hotel room and watch some 'Asian TV'. I turned on the TV and there it was: "Oprah Winfrey" ---Pissed, I changed the channel. I got reruns of 'The Brady Bunch".....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:04:10 PM by robert angel »

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »

If you were looking in the Philippines, I would probably advise you to seriously consider marriage over there and a spouse immigrant visa.

But since you are looking in Vietnam, I would probably recommend the K-1 fiancée visa.

From accounts of the members here who married in Vietnam, the paperwork and dealing with the bureaucracy can be extensive. For most all countries, you can check local marriage requirements at the US Consulate Website. For Vietnam, look here:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/service/special-services.html#6

The Consulate's Website also has info on processing of visas.

Good luck with your search.

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
Yea---people who think the USCIS paperwork for marrying a Filipina is bad, find out how much more challenging it is with some other nations, especially some communist countries and it doesn't seem quite as daunting anymore. It's not impossible by any means and the end results typically reward the effort. Have you had a look on Visajourney.com yet?

Also, if you strike up a conversation or two with a Vietnamese grocer, or have a friend or relative who's friends with one of the many Vietnamese nail manicure shops, you can not only get some insights into the process and culture, but I'll bet that if they like you, they all have a few lovely relatives they'd rather have marry a USA citizen than wait the ten years or whatever it is currently to go the normal family sponsored immigration route to get here.

But make sure they're acting in good faith, not trying to save time and money.

I learned a fair bit about Filipina culture before I married one, from ties I made with Filipinos already here in the USA. That said, thirty some years after I started hanging out in Filipino households and in 25 years of marriage to two different Filipinas, I'm still learning and probably will never get 90% of it--I'm just not a Filipino for one thing, so how could I? A Filipina from of all places, Vermont, introduced me to my wife.

So again, note the 'in good faith' caveat I put in there. While having a personal introduction is good, you certainly don't want to become a 'patsy' they use to bring a woman over here, only to find she quickly leaves you to be with friends and family already here. That can certainly also happen with Filipinas who already have a lot of friends and family here too, but I think it might be a bit less likely.

This info is just for starters from the USA side of the fence as listed on visajourney.com

travel.state.gov > Visas > general > Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times

Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times

Advance travel planning and early visa application are important. If you plan to apply for a nonimmigrant visa to come to the United States as a temporary visitor, please review the information provided below where you will find:.

Wait Times for Embassy/Consulate

Ho Chi Minh City.

Nonimmigrant Visa Type

Appointment Wait Time

Visitor Visas 54 Calendar Days*
Student/Exchange Visitor Visas 30 Calendar Days*
All Other Nonimmigrant Visas‡ 8 Calendar Days*

Processing Time.
2 Work Days†

Last Updated on June 25, 2015

Wait Time for Interview

The typical wait time to receive an interview appointment to apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. (For emergency appointment requests: After checking the wait time where you will apply, if an expedited interview appointment is needed earlier due to an emergent situation, visit the Embassy or Consulate Visa Section website where you will find specific instructions about making the request.).

Wait Time for Processing

The typical wait time for your visa to be processed refers to the time it typically takes for your visa to be ready for pick-up or delivery by courier after the Consular Officer has made the decision to issue the visa..

Administrative Processing

These estimates do not include time required for administrative processing, which may affect a small number of applications. If necessary, this additional processing is usually resolved within 60 days of application, though some cases may take longer. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case..

Administrative Processing Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date..

Important Notice:  Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later..

About Visa Processing Wait Times – Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants.

Information about nonimmigrant visa wait times for interviews and visa processing time frames are shown on this website, as well as on U.S. Embassy and Consulate websites worldwide. It should be noted that the “Wait Times for a Nonimmigrant Visa to be Processed” information by country does not include time required for administrative processing. Processing wait time also does not include the time required to return the passport to applicants, by either courier services or the local mail system..

In addition, it is important to thoroughly review all information on the specific Embassy or Consulate Visa Section website for local procedures and instructions, such as how to make an interview appointment. Embassy and Consulate websites will also explain any additional procedures for students, exchange visitors and those persons who need an earlier visa interview appointment.

VisaJourney.com Logo

Advanced Search
Popular Topics
View New Content

Home
Forums
Portals
Guides
Wiki
Visa FAQs
Ask a Lawyer
Immigration Timelines
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      News     Members

VisaJourney 
 → USCIS Immigration Processing Times
USCIS Immigration & US Visa Processing Times

VJ Immigration Timeline 

Create a VJ Timeline to Track Your Case & Get Estimated Approval Dates

USCIS Processing Times

Check USCIS Case Status -- USCIS Receipt Number Help

USCIS Reported Processing Times

US Consulate Visa Processing Times

Visa Bulletin Predictions (Family)

Visa Bulletin Predictions (Work)

Latest Visa Bulletin Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Embassy Reported Times:

Common US Immigration Processing Times

K1 Visa Processing Times
 K3 Visa Processing Times
 IR1 / CR1 Visa Processing Times
 Adjustment of Status Processing Times
 Employement Authorization Processing Times
 Advance Parole Processing Times 

Current Processing Times

USCIS Processing Time Estimates 
 Current Processing Times

USCIS Processing Time Estimates

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 07:09:52 PM »
thank you guys that is a lot of info and very helpful

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
YWC, Visajourney.com will probably help you with most Q's but invariably they'll be more, so that's what we and the internet in general's here for.

You can also, after wading thru the USCIS arcane telephone menu, actually get a real live person sometimes. Not sure if it's still the same way, but if you're not getting anywhere  and they say "for _____, try option 5"--Instead, maybe try option, 1,or 2 or......you'd be surprised sometimes.

A couple times I got creative and actually got access to embassy staff who were real helpful and they told how (then) to keep getting 'in' but that was then, who knows about now.

The worst was getting the USCIS employees at the 'worker ant' level who almost always told me: "All we can tell you is what we see on the computer monitor and that's what you're seeing at home--no more, no less"--Oh well, just hunker down, buckle up, get ready for the ride and you'll eventually get there.

Really good things usually don't come easily, so hold out for the payoff. This ain't no 'shake n bake recipe'

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
Thank you again Robert. I can't imagine who frustrating that would be listening to the automated system on something this important

I currently am chatting with five women but one of them seems to have what I would call yellow flags not quite red flags but still a warning something might be wrong. She sent my profile an "I'm interested" notice so I checked her profile out everything seemed fine except she is looking for a guy in Australia and I live in America. I asked her about it and she claimed her sister married a man there so she wanted to go there but would go to America if she found the right guy. Then she claimed her aunt lives in Indiana (my state) seems unlikely but possible. I continued to talk with her so I can see if any more things like that pop up but so far she has been pretty good. I would say she is number three on my list she would be number two or tied with one if not for the aunt story. Also she did not know the city where her aunt lives. If she had said my city that would have gone from a yellow flag immediately to a black  flag

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »
Thank you again Robert. I can't imagine who frustrating that would be listening to the automated system on something this important

I currently am chatting with five women but one of them seems to have what I would call yellow flags not quite red flags but still a warning something might be wrong. She sent my profile an "I'm interested" notice so I checked her profile out everything seemed fine except she is looking for a guy in Australia and I live in America. I asked her about it and she claimed her sister married a man there so she wanted to go there but would go to America if she found the right guy. Then she claimed her aunt lives in Indiana (my state) seems unlikely but possible. I continued to talk with her so I can see if any more things like that pop up but so far she has been pretty good. I would say she is number three on my list she would be number two or tied with one if not for the aunt story. Also she did not know the city where her aunt lives. If she had said my city that would have gone from a yellow flag immediately to a black  flag

Gotta smoke em out.  Don't be in a real hurry to get below the final five anytime too soon. I never say "I've seen it all" anymore. I know we're talking modern age here--technology and get there before the next guy, but there's no substitute for putting the time in. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Meanwhile, if you say to that woman "Knock, knock...." and she replies Hoosier?--You got to give her 5 points. I'm sure that awful joke's already been said, but I swear I just made it up in my head. I guess I need to get out more...

BTW, Filipinos and Asians in general don't easily pick up on slang, jokes and subtle nuances of the English language too well, and from my experience, Vietnamese often are more challenged than Filipinos. But all of them tend to make you think they're 'catching onto'--'understanding' more than they actually are. So if there's a little doubt, awkwardness in communication  w/ people from foreign countries, keep your wording fairly basic.

http://www.indianahistory.org/teachers-students/hoosier-facts-fun/fun-facts/what-is-a-hoosier#.VY9YYTPbIzs

Offline mc_pyro

• Probie
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »
Yes I found out quickly to watch the way I word things to avoid confusion. I mentioned to one about getting time off from work to go to Vietnam and the way I worded it she thought I was going to look for a job in Vietnam and sent me a long email telling me how hard jobs are to get. When I reworded it she seemed to understand what I meant.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467