It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello and advice  (Read 37584 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello and advice
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:21 AM »
I want to stay out of this friendly discussion but why is the same thing being posted in both this thread & the flame thread?  It should be one or the other.

Guys there is a flame thread so take your beer drinking, belly bumping, huggling & barbershop quartet singing there before another thread is ruined.

Oh wait, this thread is already......

Ahhhhh what the hell, you guys continue.

ROFL! Nice description.

The ONLY reason that I am responding to troll-boy here is because this is where he started his stupid personal attacks and this is where he continues to post endless nonsensical drivel.

Robert and his stupid crusade belong in the Flame Room, but he continues to post all of his trash in both forums. Why? Because he wants a world-wide audience to witness his endless babblings.

I never said I would participate in any of the personal attacks in the Flame Room by the hateful Robert or any of his followers.

He can say whatever he wants over there and I really couldn't care less. But if he continues to make personal attacks against my character in the public arena, then I have the right to respond here. If he stops trashing this thread and keeps his drivel in the Flame Room, then I will have nothing more to say to him here... or there.

It's all on Robert...

Ray

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:30:30 AM by Ray »

Offline Ray

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 01:26:47 AM »

One of my university  degrees is in Psychology, but there's nothing in our DSM book on diagnostic and statistical classification of mental disorders that begins to address the variety and depths of the disturbing, delusional symptoms he exhibits. He's all over the charts.

My name is Bobby Angel and I'm a wannabe shrink... DUH!

Man, do you have ANY idea how stupid you sound?

Offline william15011

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »
Hello Robert Angel,

I think one of the hotels you mentioned earlier in this post is The Midtown Hotel.  I could not locate this hotel in Cebu City.  On another point, I have given up searching on FC.  Too many scams.  I do plan to visit Phil. if only for the hundreds of beaches and the fact that I need a vacation.  I have decided to spend six weeks in Phil if possible.  Hopefully I can find a wife if I don't chicken out.

Again thanks for all your advice.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
...........I think one of the hotels you mentioned earlier in this post is The Midtown Hotel.  I could not locate this hotel in Cebu City. .............
The Midtown Hotel is now called the Summit Circle Hotel.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline william15011

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »
The Midtown Hotel is now called the Summit Circle Hotel.

Thank you.  I see that they are a group of hotels in that area.  Is it okay to get a cheaper hotel in that general area. 

Offline thekfc

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
Thank you.  I see that they are a group of hotels in that area.  Is it okay to get a cheaper hotel in that general area.
Personally I would not go the cheap route.  Sometimes cheap not only means cheap price but also cheap amenities.

On my first trip to Cebu, we went to a hotel and after visiting the room we turn right around and got us a better hotel.

I have limited stay in Cebu so I cannot comment on the hotels there. We mostly stay in Luzon and if we were to stay in a hotel there (which we have done) it would either be one of the following:
Sofitel
Shangri-La
Pan Pacific
Raffles
Faremount
The Bayleaf
The Peninsula
InterContinental
Holiday Inn

They are a bit on the expensive side but......

Are you a member of any hotel rewards program?
Do any of your credit cards offer any such program/rewards?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
Personally I would not go the cheap route.  Sometimes cheap not only means cheap price but also cheap amenities.

On my first trip to Cebu, we went to a hotel and after visiting the room we turn right around and got us a better hotel.

I have limited stay in Cebu so I cannot comment on the hotels there. We mostly stay in Luzon and if we were to stay in a hotel there (which we have done) it would either be one of the following:
Sofitel
Shangri-La
Pan Pacific
Raffles
Faremount
The Bayleaf
The Peninsula
InterContinental
Holiday Inn

They are a bit on the expensive side but......

Are you a member of any hotel rewards program?
Do any of your credit cards offer any such program/rewards?

I don't find that much in Cebu City to warrant staying 5 or 6 weeks but if I were staying there for an extended period, I would try and negotiate a better rate. Ask for the manager when it's relatively quiet, as he/she won't want every customer within earshot trying to negotiate. International chains may not have the same flexibility.  Never hurts to try, regardless. Hotel managers in the Philippines will often make 'adjustments' rather than have rooms go empty and would rather lock in a customer for a while than have him shop around. Sometimes, after you've been there a while and have a better ' feel ' for the place, you can even find apartments or condos that will rent you a place for extended periods, but use common sense there. We've gone to cities for 2 or 3 weeks and every few days, changed hotels, as we'd find a nicer place at a better rate. Other than maybe some formal wear on hangers, we sometimes don't even unpack our suitcases, so while it's still a little hassle,  saving a bundle and seeing a different part of the area makes it worth it.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »
I don't find that much in Cebu City to warrant staying 5 or 6 weeks but if I were staying there for an extended period, I would try and negotiate a better rate. Ask for the manager when it's relatively quiet, as he/she won't want every customer within earshot trying to negotiate. International chains may not have the same flexibility.  Never hurts to try, regardless. Hotel managers in the Philippines will often make 'adjustments' rather than have rooms go empty and would rather lock in a customer for a while than have him shop around. Sometimes, after you've been there a while and have a better ' feel ' for the place, you can even find apartments or condos that will rent you a place for extended periods, but use common sense there. We've gone to cities for 2 or 3 weeks and every few days, changed hotels, as we'd find a nicer place at a better rate. Other than maybe some formal wear on hangers, we sometimes don't even unpack our suitcases, so while it's still a little hassle,  saving a bundle and seeing a different part of the area makes it worth it.
If someone were to stay in the same place for an extended amount of time like 5/6 weeks then the sensible thing to do would be to get a rental - an apartment or condo.

Hotels are for short stay visits.

Staying that amount of time in a hotel (any hotel) would not be cost effective. Plus you are limited in some of the things you can do like cooking your own meals. You also have to take in consideration do the hotel offer (free or paid) some of the amenities you want - internet, wifi, and the likes.

I do not "negotiated" a hotel rate like I would do if I was out there shopping for good or the likes. In any hotel (or hotel chain) there are always better rates to be had. Remember low cost are not always for the lowly/no-frills hotel, you can also get cheap rooms at  the high-end (they too have to fill up their rooms) - you just have to know how to find them. The key is you have to know (learn) how to shop for accommodation & be flexible.

Also you never book for an extended amount of time at a hotel - any hotel. You only book for a short time (a day or so) and then you either extend your stay or move on to an other hotel should that hotel is not to your satisfaction.

Personally, if I was to stay in a hotel then it would be at a good International chain hotel unless there isn't one in the area.

Offline william15011

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
If someone were to stay in the same place for an extended amount of time like 5/6 weeks then the sensible thing to do would be to get a rental - an apartment or condo.

Hotels are for short stay visits.

Staying that amount of time in a hotel (any hotel) would not be cost effective. Plus you are limited in some of the things you can do like cooking your own meals. You also have to take in consideration do the hotel offer (free or paid) some of the amenities you want - internet, wifi, and the likes.

I do not "negotiated" a hotel rate like I would do if I was out there shopping for good or the likes. In any hotel (or hotel chain) there are always better rates to be had. Remember low cost are not always for the lowly/no-frills hotel, you can also get cheap rooms at  the high-end (they too have to fill up their rooms) - you just have to know how to find them. The key is you have to know (learn) how to shop for accommodation & be flexible.

Also you never book for an extended amount of time at a hotel - any hotel. You only book for a short time (a day or so) and then you either extend your stay or move on to an other hotel should that hotel is not to your satisfaction.

Personally, if I was to stay in a hotel then it would be at a good International chain hotel unless there isn't one in the area.

Thanks Robert and thekfc.  I guess the biggest problem I have is what I plan to do. My main goal is finding a wife.  But I also like to swim and just do things that will be fun to do in Phil.  So I think I will go with your plan (thekfc).  I will book for an initial two days to get my "sea legs". And then negotiate or move to another hotel.  It appears that there are a bunch of hotels in that area that are relatively close and with the internet, I feel I will be okay, even though I may need to check out and be "homeless" for a few hours.  I will also check out apartments for rent as well.  How does that work?  My credit here in the US is about 780, which is good, will a person in Phil be able to check for credit?  How will I be able to check them out?  How does the law work for this in Phil?

THanks for the advice,

William

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
Airbnb.com

Rent directly from the owner, or owners manager.

I rented a great place in Manila, and also in Boracay.

I like apartments, or houses. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »
Once again, the irony is incredible. Look real hard in the mirror Ray, and you'll see someone who nine out of ten times personifies all the bad things he falsely accuses other people of being. Every time you point the finger, you've got three more pointing back at you.

For every post I've made in this thread, you've made three or four--same thread. You're still calling people names, same ole modus operandi Ray. But you do the Math---add up the posts here and ask yourself if: Robert's REALLY the one who "can't let go of it"?.[/b So I'm "ANOTHER" one? My God--it must be a conspiracy!] Come on now--who's putting most of this stuff out here? Can you read? Count? Can you smell the smoke? You on fire or what? How many rounds do YOU want to continue keeping on escalating this to? You're the one.

Fosgate5 offered you an olive branch so to speak, an apology. Like a man. You've certainly not been nice to him, ironically accusing him (as you do to anybody who makes you feel threatened) more than once of trying to start a flame war here, among other things--attacking him with the "use your head as bowling ball' reference, etc., etc.

Once again--your usual, antagonistic style. Of course any normal person would see it's just you acting as typical, inciting a flame war, while accusing others as being the culprits. So quit the subterfuge, OK? If you want to believe yourself--if you want to have your own little pity party, keep it to yourself, but quit slagging members here OK?

17 days or 17 years here, it doesn't matter--you're off the chain and it's just getting worse. Wrong is wrong, no matter how you paint it. I'm not saying I'm any saint, far from it--never claimed otherwise. But I'm not consistently nasty and argumentative either.

I don't think the word 'apology' is in your play book. But try to be a bigger man and maybe people won't come forward here as they're doing and/or talk behind the scenes with such disdain about you.---> Wears Raybans---> 8)
Apology accepted... thanks!   :)

and disapproves of romantic gifts to girls.

Maybe he would be O.K. with something more practical? They do like Spam over there...

http://www.filipinasgifts.com/grocery-gift-basket/giftbas-0010202.html

;D

He bashes some one--tell him in the rudest terms to put his fingers into his head and use it as a bowling ball--the guy tries to make nice (athough he know's ray's a psycho) and you think maybe once every nine thousand or so posts ray might offer an apology--but NO!

The post-quote function won't allow all to format here--but early on here in this thread, is the following quote from ray, in it's entirety:

>>>"""Now what are you crying about Bobby?

You're such a phony hypocrite. You get your jollies following guys around the forum dropping childish little insults, trying to provoke a fight, while whining and pretending you're a victim.

If you don't like my replies to your silly little insults, then just leave my name out of your stupid troll games.

You won't post your insults where they belong, in the flame room, because you can't get the attention you need there as you can get on the open forum.

Time to grow up Bobby...""<<

MY insults!?--you're (as usual) not exactly sending out Hallmark cards as replies here--since you're consistently, on a three or four measure for every one post I make here--since YOU'RE sending out increasing amounts of desperate, nasty juvenile images and verbage, assuming any slight is directed towards you.

WHY don't you follow your OWN advice??--A flame room WAS created, but your typical, if belated early childhood meltdowns prevent you from following your own advice (as well as when it was repeated by others here)nor any common sense, manners, protocol or decorum.

Earlier--really too many hurled insults to mention, post or quote--but as you so often do to others in your homophobic mindset--you state you "didn't realize I was gay" Oh boy, ray--that really hurts, LOL--I'm so conflicted!! Not!--sorry ole chap-- Arr ar ar...

Ray--do the world and yourself a favor--seek some help from mental health professionals. Not that there'd be any tribute here if it happened, but most folks think you're rather likely to blow a valve and do yourself in.

You said you had nothing more to say on this--hope your word's good on that--let's see.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:56:29 PM by robert angel »

Offline Ray

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2015, 04:23:25 PM »
and disapproves of romantic gifts to girls.

Maybe he would be O.K. with something more practical? They do like Spam over there...

http://www.filipinasgifts.com/grocery-gift-basket/giftbas-0010202.html

;D

He bashes some one--tell him in the rudest terms to put his fingers into his head and use it as a bowling ball--the guy tries to make nice (athough he know's ray's a psycho) and you think maybe once every nine thousand or so posts ray might offer an apology--but NO!

The post-quote function won't allow all to format here--but early on here in this thread, is the following quote from ray, in it's entirety:

>>>"""Now what are you crying about Bobby?

You're such a phony hypocrite. You get your jollies following guys around the forum dropping childish little insults, trying to provoke a fight, while whining and pretending you're a victim.

If you don't like my replies to your silly little insults, then just leave my name out of your stupid troll games.

You won't post your insults where they belong, in the flame room, because you can't get the attention you need there as you can get on the open forum.

Time to grow up Bobby...""<<

MY insults!?--you're (as usual) not exactly sending out Hallmark cards as replies here--since you're consistently, on a three or four measure for every one post I make here--since YOU'RE sending out increasing amounts of desperate, nasty juvenile images and verbage, assuming any slight is directed towards you.

WHY don't you follow your OWN advice??--A flame room WAS created, but your typical, if belated early childhood meltdowns prevent you from following your own advice (as well as when it was repeated by others here)nor any common sense, manners, protocol or decorum.

Earlier--really too many hurled insults to mention, post or quote--but as you so often do to others in your homophobic mindset--you state you "didn't realize I was gay" Oh boy, ray--that really hurts, LOL--I'm so conflicted!! Not!--sorry ole chap-- Arr ar ar...

Ray--do the world and yourself a favor--seek some help from mental health professionals. Not that there'd be any tribute here if it happened, but most folks think you're rather likely to blow a valve and do yourself in.

You said you had nothing more to say on this--hope your word's good on that--let's see.

And even more "infantile name calling"?

And the same old childish insults all over again?

Your flame war was over Bobby, so why are you starting it up again? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Can't sleep at night with all that hate in your heart?

I'll pray for your troubled soul...

NOTICE: If you don't want a response to your garbage, then post it in the Flame Room. I'll let you say whatever hateful stuff you want over there if it will make you feel better...   :-*

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
And even more "infantile name calling"?

And the same old childish insults all over again?

Your flame war was over Bobby, so why are you starting it up again? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Can't sleep at night with all that hate in your heart?

I'll pray for your troubled soul...

NOTICE: If you don't want a response to your garbage, then post it in the Flame Room. I'll let you say whatever hateful stuff you want over there if it will make you feel better...   :-*

Find your eye glasses and have a look around ray--it's been there a while--now there's yet a second one recently dedicated to you...who said 'wishes don't come true'? ::)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
Find your eye glasses and have a look around ray--it's been there a while--now there's yet a second one recently dedicated to you...who said 'wishes don't come true'? ::)

FLAME ROOM Troll Boy, FLAME ROOM

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864