It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello everyone from Panama city beach florida  (Read 4316 times)

Offline rmobbs

• Probie
Hello everyone from Panama city beach florida
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:22:38 PM »
Yes I am very new to all this but I am keeping my head about me I am 27 yrs and just got out of the Army from iraq glad to be stable again since i have been home and so forth my goal is to start my own family I have full intentions of good and I am a honest kind hearted laid back person any advice i can get would be appreciated i woud like to meet someone Asian and for marriage i dont know how to go about it thru good resources because i am on the look out for scammer

Thank you for your time
rmobbs

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Hello everyone from Panama city beach florida
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:30:44 PM »
Hi rmobbs,

Thank you for your service that you gave to our country! Welcome home from Iraq!!! Welcome to P-L! You came to the right place. Are there any particular Asian countries that you have a special interest in? Stick around, we will figure out how to help you get moving in the right direction.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:33:56 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline rmobbs

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »
Hi rmobbs,

Thank you for your service that you gave to our country! Welcome home from Iraq!!! Welcome to P-L! You came to the right place. Are there any particular Asian countries that you have a special interest in? Stick around, we will figure out how to help you get moving in the right direction.

Dave

Phillipines for sure

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline rmobbs

• Probie
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
Phillipines

Offline Dave H

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »
Hi rmobbs,

You're in luck, I (and a lot of guys here) can help you with the Philippines! Staggo recently got back from there. I am about ready to hit the rack, but will get back with you tomorrow.

Dave

Offline Marshall K

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
Welcome and thank you for your service.  There is much sage advice here, especially regarding the Philippines (thank God for spell check). Unfortunately, the country you were defending produces an awful lot of self centered women who love food.  Asia is the right place to be looking, but there are lots of pitfalls:  scams, gold diggers, etc.  The advice given by some of "old" timers here can help you avoid these and will help you on your quest for a great life partner.
Good Luck!

Offline rmobbs

• Probie
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »
I really appreciate everyones feed back truly do my question is should I use a agency like blossoms.com I hear there good but I truly dont know I havent subscribed to anything but any advice would be be nice or I hear about the tours if so which ones are good and affordable

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »
Hi r,

If you're looking for a romance tour where someone introduces you to prospective mates, then you won't find any in the Philippines. They are illegal over there.

Even the agencies selling contact info are technically violating Philippine law but I wouldn't worry about that too much.

You should be familiar with the IMBRA disclosure requirements when dealing with any for profit introduction service. There is a link to the left of your screen...

Offline Dave H

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »
Hi rmobbs,

As Ray said, there are no "legal" romance tours or agencies in the Philippines. The IMBRA law has made it much more time consuming and dificult to use an agency...as planned! Having said that, maybe you can get an introduction to a Filipina through a friend or relative living in your town as another option. You would be surprised at the number of Filipinos/as around (they usually look Asian with a Spanish surname). Strike up a conversation. Tell them how you were interested in visiting the Philippines someday. I wouldn't say we have a huge Filipino population in South Florida, but I always seem to meet one almost everyday...much to my wife's embarrasment!  ;D ;D ;D I usually ask something like "Excuse me, are you from the Philippines?" and off I go. Then I look around for my wife, who is now hiding, to introduce them.  8) 8) 8)

Keep it coming! Good Luck!

Dave

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »
Thank you for your service, and you've come to the right place.  You can try Cherry Blossoms, Sunshine Girls (are they still around?), or AFA to get in initial contact.  They are great for getting your ego stroked with lots of positive feedback.  But if you really want to avoid the scammers, many guys on this board have Filipina wives who have sisters, cousins, and friends they have pre-vetted.  Submit to the Filipina mafia and open up to the possibilities!  ;)
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline rmobbs

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
BOB_S I must say I like your feed back for sure what is the Filipina mafia and how do I get started on that anyone that can help do some introducing would be a blessing in that dept I hope to get more feed back for sure

Thanks everyone

Offline leather neck

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 01:06:21 AM »

rmobbs,

Welcome to the board, welcome back home...and thanks for being one of America's finest!!!

Leatnerneck
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marks

Offline Jeff_2

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »
Hey rmobbs;

Welcome to the board, welcome back home, and thanks for your service.

Jeff
formerly US Cavalry

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
what is the Filipina mafia and how do I get started on that anyone that can help do some introducing would be a blessing
The key is be sociable.  If any of the guys here are having a board get-together, even if it is a state away, go and be on your best behavior.  Let the wives check you out.  If you make a good impression (don't come across as an unwashed violent drunk), they will pass the word to their network of an available good guy seeking a wife.  Some single girls may show up to check you out too.  Even if nothing comes out of it for that one party, it can be fun being the center of attention of a bunch of pretty girls!  (Been there, done that once myself, though instead of a Filipina mafia, it was a Thai wives mafia.)
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Bear

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
You'd be surprised how many Filipinos you know.  I recently posted how the Sunday after my wife came to America I found out a Filipino couple in my church ran a nursing agency and could have introduced me to literally hundreds of Filipinas; they had brought 4 nurses with them that Sunday!  The first time they had done that in the 7 years I attended there.  Also two of my customers had Filipinos working for them who had people they wanted to introduce to someone.  Funny how when I was "looking" it was right in front of me and I couldn't see it.  I was actually going to clubs around town trying to find out where all those Filipina Nurses hung out.  They hung out at my church of 7 years!!!  Of course God works in mysterious ways because it was Honey he wanted me to be with. 

Another little oddity about that was Honey's name, when I first heard it I thought it was so pretty and "musical" and I wondered why no one else used/had it.  I was 45 then.  Since then I've met about 25 girls with that name.  Wonder why God had me wait so long to notice that name?

The Bear Family

Offline Dave H

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
Hey Bob,

Great advice...so true! When my wife's sister and her husband met me,  I was doing some construction work for a friend, had about a month's worth of beard, and was dirty and sweaty. The husband (an American) suggested that I write to his wife's sister. She said "Who???" He could tell that I was OK, but to her, I was an  "unwashed violent drunk!"   ;D She gave him a Filipina evil eye that would kill the average man. >:( >:( >:( Thankfully, he is a former Marine! Filipinas in particular, like clean cut, washed, nice smelling, polite men...well at least I was polite. Somehow, with a lot of reassurances from a mutual friend, my wife's sister allowed me to make contact . First impresions are so important!!!

Dave
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:17:25 PM by Dave H »

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »

rmobbs,

Welocme to PL .. The guys here on the Asian and Latin board are fantastic guys.. They will help you out a lot and make sure you listen to the Asian board guys advice , they have seen it all or have done it all..

Bear , Dave H , Jeff S , william3rd , Bob S , Ray , Marshall K , Staggo and many others are great guys to help you and steer you in the right direction..

I salute you as I am a former Canadian Reserve soldier..

singlefather

Offline joemc58

• Opted-Out
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »
Hey rmobbs,
                   There's a lot different ways to meet Pinays. Let me see here.
                   church is a good place to start. Go out of your way to meet
                   other Filipinos at their gatherings in the states. Become friends
                   with another Pinoy and he might help you meet the ladies.
                   Or create a myspace or friendster account, my son found
                   a girl by using myspace. Another idea is jump on a plane to Manila
                   go to the local shopping mall and pass around five dollar bills
                   with your phone number and give it a girl you want to meet.
                   that might work for you, I read that idea from a forum.
                   Just make sure you don't bring money into any of your conversations
                   in the Philippines, because that might be the death of you ;D ;D ;D

Good luck

Offline Dave H

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
Hey rmobbs,

Where have you been...did you re-up?

Dave

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats