It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello from the great northwest  (Read 1761 times)

Offline mattman

• http://expat-matt.blogspot.com/
Hello from the great northwest
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
I am completely amazed and astounded with this forum and it's parent "goodwife.com"!  :o Let me explain.

For years I have done regular business with a local vendor/supplier. Upon learning of my single status, his lovely asian wife has been hounding me to let her play matchmaker. They have been married 10+ years and have a beautiful family. Recently he let me in on the secret. She's from China. He's giving me 2 thumbs up, and after spending the day reading the archives on this forum I can see why.

It's a good thing I'm self employed, because I should have fired myself for goofing off all day.

I used to think she was joking until I did a google search this morning and found this forum. I have had way too many experiences with what you call AW. I was married and have since sworn off women to pursue my career. My career is now doing well, but being 34 in the dating market kinda sucks. They are all either way too damaged or way too demanding. I need a partner not a child. I've got enough to do, but it would still be nice to come home to someone that appreciates traditional values. Outside of dating Amish girls, I've been pretty much DONE.

I just wanted to thank all the contributors to this forum for opening my eyes. Reading the stories has made me optimistic but wary at the same time. I'll stick a toe in the water and see what happens.

Thanks again!!!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:42:34 AM by mattman »
"a man's past is not simply a dead history, an outworn preparation of the present: it is not a repented error shaken loose from the life: it is a still quivering part of himself, bringing shudders and bitter flavors and the tinglings of a merited shame. - George Eliot, Middlemarch

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Hello from the great northwest
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »
Heya,

I'm from the NW as well, and Marshall K is too (he married a Chinese girl).

Another good resource is http://groups.yahoo.com/*Unapproved Link*/ . Of course, there are other Asian countries.

Amish girls? I didn't even know there were Amish here in the NW, hahaha. Pretty much all Chinese are atheists...don't know if religion is a big deal for you, but it's definitely different. As an atheist, it was totally refreshing to me, but might not be appealing to you. I've had to explain to several Chinese that most Americans think religion and morality are related...didn't make any sense to them.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »
Happy to have you Matt. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »

Offline Frank64

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:44:42 PM »
Mattman,

Welcome aboard.  I just joined last week and my story is similar to yours which is similar to a lot of guys on this forum.  Don't rush but don't waste your time either.  I spent the last couple of years looking for a woman in the US and it's a waste of time.  I'm heading East, the Far East;

I'm heading to Beijing next week for 10 days (some business but mainly vacation).  I'll be meeting with a few women who I contacted via some dating sites. I've had minimal correspondance with three of them, but what the hell, it can't hurt to meet them in person since I'll there any way.  However, there is one who I've been talking to for a few weeks.  Should be interesting.

Good luck

Offline Marshall K

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
Mattman,
Welcome.  You do not have to give up on women.  Just look a little further.  It's pretty amazing how you can find someone online that you connect well with.  In my times in China I have met several American men who are very happy with their wives.  I'm going back in three weeks and can hardly sleep at night, I'm so stoked.  Have fun and good luck!
Marshall

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Hi mattman,

Welcome to P-L! I don't know much about Chinese women...my wife is from the Philippines. Good Luck!

Dave H.
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 01:21:33 PM »
Hi  Frank,

I know I responded to your post about "girl...woman or lady!" Ray threw me so far off with those lovely fat women  :o  I'm not sure if I ever welcomed you aboard...so Welcome to P-L! I keep seeing those hippos when I close my eyes...I think they are imprinted on my brain!  ;D

Good Luck!

Dave H.
The developmentally disabled madman!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats