It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hi from Oregon  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Marshall K

Hi from Oregon
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »
Hi, I hope I can share some of my good luck and happiness so the rest of you guys who haven't found someone can find some inspiration and maybe some useful advice.
Let me tell you a bit about myself.  I am a good looking guy in his 50’s who has been married twice.  Both marriages lasted over 10 years. There were great times and great love.   In each I have been faithful, loving and a hard working provider.  Both marriages ended because my spouses weren’t satisfied and always wanted more. Even before my marriages as a young man I experienced serious relationships with women who always wanted more and were dissatisfied no matter what.
I am a liberal guy who believes deeply in equal rights and I always have tried to do whatever I could to make my woman happy, but I had to ask myself, “What gives?  What is it about these women that makes it so difficult to make them happy?”
I can’t help but think that it is our culture.  Even though the feminist movement has made great progress in making a society that is much more fair for women, it seems that it has also created a culture of spoiled, selfish people that are not satisfied with what they have. (there are also many rotten men out there, but that is not what this is about).  What I wanted was someone who was willing to give equally of what I also gave, and who was willing to APPRECIATE just how good a life she actually had.  I also wanted someone who when they made a commitment to a lifetime of marriage, she would really make a lifetime commitment.
My brother is married to a woman from Thailand.  She is a loyal, loving woman.  She is also strong, and certainly no doormat.  She would defend him to the death.  I always envied him, and when my second marriage ended, I decided to look overseas for a life partner.  I started looking on the internet.  What I found was truly remarkable.  There are countless sites with beautiful women from all over the world:  Russia, Thailand, China, Philippines,  Singapore.  I chose a site that had a large number of women and paid the fee to join.  I posted some pictures, and a profile of myself.  I began to search and send greetings.
A woman from Thailand responded, but we were limited by her lack of English.  A gorgeous young woman from Russia responded, but her letters were strangely translated using  a computer program, and I suspected some kind of scam.  A Philippine girl sent me smutty messages and I scolded her for the tramp she was.
 I eventually made contact with a woman from China who had the most beautiful smile.  We exchanged many emails and found that we shared many of the same values and feelings.  She was a college educated professional, and from the photos she sent, very beautiful.  We had both had some hardships, and seemed to be deeply touched by each other.  I was greatly moved by her strength and positive attitude about life.
I found out she was using an agency to help her to find a husband.  An agency?  Heck, I just got online and found a nice woman.  Why did she need an agency?  She told me that they assisted in translating our emails.  What?  Someone else is reading my personal mail?  This gave me pause, but I thought what the heck, and we continued our correspondence.  She also told me that she was studying English at the agency.  I thought that this was a good service that this place provided.
After 8 months of emailing, we were definitely falling in love, albeit cyber love.  I made travel plans to go to China to meet her, as well as a trip to Thailand to see my brother.  This was a kind of outlet trip in case we didn't click.
I was met at the airport by my sweetie, her son, the owner of the agency, an interpreter, and a photographer.  Yow!
I was put up in a good reasonable hotel, and after an evening of talking and walking it was clear that we did love each other and that we should marry.
We are now in the process of immigration, and I have already returned once and will go back in May.  I am using a reputable agency in China as well as an American Immigration attorney.  She should be here within 9 months.
The agency she used is rather unique.  It combines some old fashioned matchmaking skills with modern technology and I am amazed at how well I am matched with my wife.  We are both outgoing, open minded, joking folks with some sad chapters in our lives.  There are a ton of scams out there in this business as well as gold diggers.  Using a reputable agency helps eliminate this.  A good agency will also protect the women from the creeps that we know are also out there.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hi from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »
Hi Marshall and welcome to our little corner of cyberspace. Your story is interesting and we're looking forward to reading more of your adventures.

Offline Bear

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
I think you are not alone and will probably meet many people who feel the same way about AWs.  Seemed to me that all the woman I knew wanted to be competitors not mates and they strangely believed that I wanted to serve them as some sort of "better-be-afraid-or-the-law-will-get-you" husband.  I am amazed that my "ex" still thinks she was a good wife yet had no honor or respect for me and insulted me with regularity.  Every ideal I held she made it her purpose in life to oppose it.  She honestly thought/thinks thats the way its supposed to be thanks to "liberated" women.

All the things my mother, the media and our schools taught me about how to be a good mate have slowly gone into oblivion.  I have learned what my wife wants in a man and its strangely like the pre-liberal, pre-liberated woman's man.

I wonder how many other things we've learned that was so misguided (if even well-intentioned by some's thoughts)?

The Bear Family

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0