It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"  (Read 26078 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: In USA, Men depicted as "needy losers"
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2012, 09:05:40 AM »
Recently, on separate thread, I stated my true opinion on wife hunters vs. life hunters.   I highlighted it in red.   It is not an argument to be won.  Surprisingly, it could be BS to you, yet accurate to another.  Is there a personal, ethical, moral, or political issue being debated here? 

(BTW, in that thread I did notice that you excused yourself, however, without any response to the fact that you came on awfully strong on the single issue that you simple can not know - age.  At 31ish, you are 5 years removed from graduate school, or your first professional job.  You probably have not been married, or divorced.  You probably have not raised a child.  NOTHING WRONG with any of that, of course. It just is what it is)

Funny stuff zonny. You mention Maritime's "qualifications" to comment on certain things and yet you seem to feel "qualified" to advise guys on finding a good woman to marry in Colombia. Hilarious. But I do see you covering yourself by stating "it is what it is" just in case someone catches your hypocrisy. hahaha!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »
Funny stuff zonny. You mention Maritime's "qualifications" to comment on certain things and yet you seem to feel "qualified" to advise guys on finding a good woman to marry in Colombia. Hilarious. But I do see you covering yourself by stating "it is what it is" just in case someone catches your hypocrisy. hahaha!

It is a New Year.  Let's start off fresh.  It is obvious that you object to me in many ways, and you have stated your points endlessly.  I ACCEPT THAT - you don't need to like me, nor I you.  But, can we please move on?  It has gotten past old.

I am not an expert on "How To Get Married To A Colombiana"  (and we ought add "Stay Happily Married For Greater Than 7 Years." )  Few men here are, in fact.  But, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - LOL
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:46:01 AM by Zon »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »

It is a New Year.  Let's start off fresh.  It is obvious that you object to me in many ways, and you have stated your points endlessly.  I ACCEPT THAT - you don't need to like me, nor I you.  But, can we please move on?  It has gotten past old.

I am not an expert on "How To Get Married To A Colombia"  (and we ought add "Stay Happily Married For Greater Than 7 Years." )  Few men here are, in fact.  But, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - LOL

I am only pointing out things I see zon. No need to get upset. I will continue to do so.

You are not an expert that is for sure and who are you to decide who is king?

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »

Offline Fuzzyone

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
   I am only pointing out things I see zon. No need to get upset. I will continue to do so.

You are not an expert that is for sure and who are you to decide who is king?

Researcher

I would say in his case it is like the blind leading the blind off a cliff.

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »

But, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - LOL

Funny post and yeah you pegged it. Good call.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

I am not an expert on "How To Get Married To A Colombiana"  (and we ought add "Stay Happily Married For Greater Than 7 Years." )  Few men here are, in fact.  But, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - LOL

Zon,

I don't agree with you 100% of the time although I love your posts.

But I think this is YOUR most signifcant post ever.

We have a few members who love to get personal and belittle, insult and attack anyone that posts a legitimate opinion that differs from theirs.

I hope the new year will usher in a healthier environment for discussion on P-L.  We will, of course, still have heated disagreements and completely divergent opinions but we should also conduct ourselves as men.

I will do my part to make that happen.

I challenge everyone on P-L to do the same.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline maritime04

« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »
I am unmarried for now, approaching what I hope to be my last marriage, no children. I did graduate from a service academy, and my current job is in my profession. I do not understand what that has to do with the “tea in china”, unless you are trying to imply that because of my age I do not know what I am talking about.
Listen Zon I am going to continue to show you the same regard you insist on showing these “wife-hunters” so get use to it, you have 24 days left…

Is there a personal, ethical, moral, or political issue being debated here?
All of the above, man

Offline Zon

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
unless you are trying to imply that because of my age I do not know what I am talking about.

No, dude.  If you want to go on a witch hunt go ahead.   But, I am not going to fuel your assumptions.  I have been more respectful of you than you have of me.  You seem to fancy yourself on some noble quest?  Hmmm.  I guess you are the FT, or Researcher of the day.

Lay off the testosterone long enough to realize a simple truth.  Most guys here are on Plan B in life.  That is how it is.  Life looks different from 45 than it does at 30 - than it does at 60.  Age matters.  It is something that can not be read, or gained on the bench press.

Sincerely, I hope that this is your marriage lasts, and that you realize all your hope and dreams. I hold no ill will to you, or anyone else.

If, however, you find yourself in a place like this later in life ... after a failed marriage (no good guys, or bad guys, just an imperfect life).  When your future children are grown. After a business, or two have succeeded, or failed. I guarantee you only one thing - Life will look different  to you then than now.   

And, the ONLY reason we are talking about this is not because of me, but because of you ... when you strongly commented on how "stupid" it sounded for me to write that being in South America made me feel younger (or something to that extent). You simply do not possess the required experience to comment.  That's how it is.

When I was interested in travelling to Russia / Colombia to explore the possibilities for myself ... I was most interested in trying to view things from a locals perspective.   Most of the harsh views I have shared on this board come from direct, personal conversations I have had with women, translators, and agency owners.   The view I received - after considerable effort - was less than complimentary, generally speaking.  Bottom line = It is harder for an American man to find a good, sincere Colombian woman than it seems at first glace - or 5 day trip.  Perhaps your views differ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:29:35 PM by Zon »

Offline maritime04

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2012, 11:55:45 PM »
Zon
Man up, just like your little buddy says get some balls, you have referred to my age numerous times, when you thought I was not looking, now you want to back out. OK
No Nobel quest here, you continue to speak gibberish I will continue to point out its gibberish, what do you not get?
There is no plan A , no plan B, just guys and living there life…
Allot of things matter, what your point? Tomorrow will look different; again what’s your point?

And, the ONLY reason we are talking about this is not because of me, but because of you ... when you strongly commented on how "stupid" it sounded for me to write that being in South America made me feel younger (or something to that extent). You simply do not possess the required experience to comment.  That's how it is.
WRONG AGAIN, do you enjoy being this wrong? Here’s what you actually said..

Reasons why I like LIVING in Colombia:   Other BIG REASONS: 

1. I think most any gringo gets 10 years subtracted from his age.   If you take care of yourself and remain current, the difference could be greater.  That does not suck!
You also said this…

So, is it possible to feel 10 years younger, honestly?  Is is true that a 45 -60 year old man will be held in a much higher social regard in  Colombia? HELL YES!  Simply, look at Colombian men to answer this question ... I have a Colombian friend that is exactly my age.  He was married in the USA many years ago, to a woman his own age. He returned to Colombia 15 years ago, and today, he is married to a woman of 25 years = most would consider her a knockout.   Over the last few years, before they were married, they might get into a big argument.   Within days, my friend would have another girl just as pretty and seemingly just as willling to be dedicated to him.   Women, not whores, young an beautiful fight for his attention - and always have.   He is not exceptionally handsome, or successful. This is the world in which he lives, no fooling himself.  Who wants Kool-aide?

You simply do not possess the required experience to comment.  That's how it is.
Are you kidding? I have more experience to comment on this then YOU; I speak the language, understand the culture, and have lived there long before you even decided to jump on a plane. I do not have to an older geezer to comment on why older guys “feel” younger because they come into an environment where younger women simply pay attention to them. That is the most STUPID thing I have heard.
Listen man, I hate to tell this to you but you’re not going to get any younger, no matter where the plane lands, or how much money you have. You can either except this reality of life, or continue on your marry way I DO NOT CARE.

Bottom line = It is harder for an American man to find a good, sincere Colombian woman than it seems at first glance - or 5 day trip.  Perhaps your views differ?
Yes it’s hard, I do not think ANYONE here gives the impression it’s a cake walk, does not mean we should not try, does not mean there is no hope. I think it’s worth the effort, and socially it’s a good endeavor. Better than say traveling 1000 miles to pad your ego, and fulfill a desire for instance gratification. You say these guys are helpless emotional defunct losers, what’s more dysfunctional then a guy getting on a plane so he can FEEL more social value because everyone around him is poor. Who’s more messed up Zon, the guy who wants to rear a family, and find companionship? Or the guy who feels relationships with women are disposable easily replaced commodities? The man who gets social value from the women he surrounds himself with, or the guy who becomes a father to a child who never had one. The one thing I honestly agree 100% on with you is OUR VIEWS DO DIFFER…

Offline Calipro

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2012, 02:59:13 AM »

No, dude.  If you want to go on a witch hunt go ahead.   But, I am not going to fuel your assumptions.  I have been more respectful of you than you have of me.  You seem to fancy yourself on some noble quest?  Hmmm.  I guess you are the FT, or Researcher of the day.

Lay off the testosterone long enough to realize a simple truth.  Most guys here are on Plan B in life.  That is how it is.  Life looks different from 45 than it does at 30 - than it does at 60.  Age matters.  It is something that can not be read, or gained on the bench press.

Sincerely, I hope that this is your marriage lasts, and that you realize all your hope and dreams. I hold no ill will to you, or anyone else.

If, however, you find yourself in a place like this later in life ... after a failed marriage (no good guys, or bad guys, just an imperfect life).  When your future children are grown. After a business, or two have succeeded, or failed. I guarantee you only one thing - Life will look different  to you then than now.   

When I was interested in travelling to Russia / Colombia to explore the possibilities for myself ... I was most interested in trying to view things from a locals perspective.   Most of the harsh views I have shared on this board come from direct, personal conversations I have had with women, translators, and agency owners.   The view I received - after considerable effort - was less than complimentary, generally speaking.  Bottom line = It is harder for an American man to find a good, sincere Colombian woman than it seems at first glace - or 5 day trip.  Perhaps your views differ?
I used to take a lot of pictures on my trips to Colombia (and post them here) thinking that it would help guys see the difference but it didn't work out that way a lot of times.  People believe what they want to believe and see what they want to see.
When you challege someone's strongly held believes with your words or photos the result is well....you can see what you are dealing with here.....and this is rather nice compared to what I encountered years ago.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »

Nah, I'm still here zonny. Sounds like others see through you as well.

.....or gained on an internet forum. Life experience is life experience and everyone has to live their own. I can tell you from experience that most guys aren't going to listen to you. They will do what they will do. You expats obviously don't have any experience with advising anyone.

Not exactly groundbreaking info.

It sounds just plain sad to me. Having to move to another country to feel younger seems quite deperate and only something a loser would do.

Who on this forum is promoting such a thing. You are creating a straw man argument to make it appear you have a strong case but I don't think anyone here has this opinion.

Zon, you and other expats seem sincere in your efforts to advise others. Let me give you guys some insight because I have done the same....for a while now. Many guys will not listen. Some actually know what they are doing while others are clueless. Either way they will not listen so expect some "push back". The best you can do is to express your opinion and let it go. Maybe somewhere down the road they will realize what you are saying, the clueless ones anyway. The ones that aren't clueless simply realize the risk they are taking and just accept it. If they want to take the risk it is certainly their right to do so.

Researcher

Offline Zon

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »
Man up, just like your little buddy says get some balls, you have referred to my age numerous times, when you thought I was not looking, now you want to back out. OK 

Oh, I was surprised you did not look, or comment.  There is a tone of "digital bad a$$" in your posts nowadays, is that your intention?

Are you kidding? I have more experience to comment on this then YOU; I speak the language, understand the culture, and have lived there long before you even decided to jump on a plane. I do not have to an older geezer to comment on why older guys “feel” younger because they come into an environment where younger women simply pay attention to them. That is the most STUPID thing I have heard.

I know a guy in Medellin that is 70ish and he has lived there for over 20 years.  He has been married, but these days he has 3 or 4 twenty year old "novias".  He seems convinced that all these women care for him.   He seems to think, after all these years, that Colombia is a lost paradise.  Is this "real and true" - I think not.

BUT, there are many more examples of men, who are in fact living Plan B in Colombia; men between the ages of 40 and 65 that have remarried and are starting a family - or who are planning to - again usually with a woman that is 15 - 25 years their junior. These guys do not strike me as sex crazed pervs.  They are not trying to game the system.  They are not trying to "vote with their feet".  They are simply trying to get the best selection and life choices for themselves ... and that took them to Colombia. They are playing the hand that God dealt them.  Or, are they bending the rules to exploit an economy and gender?

I see a difference between these two examples. 

Regardless of your considerable experience and heritage, your cup is less than half full of the perspective only AGE can bring.  (don't be pissed, be happy)  When I was 31, I was an AA to congressman and thought I had the whole world by the short hairs.  This entire site would have been utter and total nonsense to me at the time. 

ON EVERY OTHER ISSUE, I do not question your qualifications - in fact, I would like to read more of what you would have to say. 

Offline Zon

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »
I can tell you from experience that most guys aren't going to listen to you. They will do what they will do. You expats obviously don't have any experience with advising anyone.

Sounds like others see through you as well.

I am not arguing to persuade ANYBODY.  You have always suggested that there exists background / surreptitious motivations in my posts, and frankly, I don't get it?!?

Most guys!  Like "the majority".   I have always thought it a good sign to be in the minority of anything.

You expats obviously don't have any experience with advising anyone.

WHAT?!?!   Honestly, I think you get so excited to rebut my every post that you do not think twice about what you say.

It sounds just plain sad to me. Having to move to another country to feel younger seems quite deperate and only something a loser would do.

I was talking to a guy in Bogota that knows you a couple weeks ago - I was only half listening - but, I do not get the impression that you were unexcited to stay in your league when you were hunting for a wife.  Hmmm

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
I am not arguing to persuade ANYBODY.  You have always suggested that there exists background / surreptitious motivations in my posts, and frankly, I don't get it?!?

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. You could say I "shoot from the hip". hahaha!

WHAT?!?!   Honestly, I think you get so excited to rebut my every post that you do not think twice about what you say.

I stand by my statement.

I was talking to a guy in Bogota that knows you a couple weeks ago - I was only half listening - but, I do not get the impression that you were unexcited to stay in your league when you were hunting for a wife.  Hmmm

Well, you or who you were talking to is telling lies. I have met people in Bogota but I don't consider anyone in Bogota that actually knows me. Honestly, only my family and close friends can honestly say they "know" me.

hahaha! well, zonny first you claim to be able to judge guys as "losers" just by observing them so it is no wonder you think you can judge someone's "league" from an imaginary second hand source. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that what you are saying is true. So, IF you actually met someone who claims to have met me I doubt they know much. You see zonny I don't feel the need to plaster my image all over the internet.

Researcher

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »
Regardless of your considerable experience and heritage, your cup is less than half full of the perspective only AGE can bring.  (don't be pissed, be happy)  When I was 31, I was an AA to congressman and thought I had the whole world by the short hairs.  This entire site would have been utter and total nonsense to me at the time. 

ON EVERY OTHER ISSUE, I do not question your qualifications - in fact, I would like to read more of what you would have to say. 

A 31 year old man really can't give me one bit of advice about life or relationships unless he has been married for at least 15 years (been divorced and had to deal with an ex and his kids), raised 2 or more children worked on a 9 to 5 job for 20 years and both parents are passed away and he has had to lead his family through that transition and, last but not least, has had to deal with significant life issues and made good (and bad) decisions to work his way out of them.

My grandfather was an avid hunter. 

We used to go out and hunt coons and squirrel every year.  At the beginning of the season we would have our pouches full.  By end of hunting season you would rarely get 1.  I finally asked my grandpa why?

He said, "son at the beginning of the season you will bag all of the youg-uns, they are bold and brash and know everything, easy pickings.  But at the end of the season, you will only be bagging the old and wise ones, if you're lucky enough!"

I NEVER bagged an old coon.

With that being said, I enjoy listening, debating, posting and engaging with the P-L faithful about all the issues, its fun.

I respect everyone's opinion because we all have our own points of view, right or wrong.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »

...there are many more examples of men, who are in fact living Plan B in Colombia; men between the ages of 40 and 65 that have remarried and are starting a family - or who are planning to - again usually with a woman that is 15 - 25 years their junior. These guys do not strike me as sex crazed pervs.  They are not trying to game the system.  They are not trying to "vote with their feet".  They are simply trying to get the best selection and life choices for themselves ... and that took them to Colombia.  
Another good post. Very well put. I'd say that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline mambocowboy

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

A 31 year old man really can't give me one bit of advice about life or relationships unless he has been married for at least 15 years (been divorced and had to deal with an ex and his kids), raised 2 or more children worked on a 9 to 5 job for 20 years and both parents are passed away and he has had to lead his family through that transition and, last but not least, has had to deal with significant life issues and made good (and bad) decisions to work his way out of them.

My grandfather was an avid hunter. 

We used to go out and hunt coons and squirrel every year.  At the beginning of the season we would have our pouches full.  By end of hunting season you would rarely get 1.  I finally asked my grandpa why?

He said, "son at the beginning of the season you will bag all of the youg-uns, they are bold and brash and know everything, easy pickings.  But at the end of the season, you will only be bagging the old and wise ones, if you're lucky enough!"

I NEVER bagged an old coon.

With that being said, I enjoy listening, debating, posting and engaging with the P-L faithful about all the issues, its fun.

I respect everyone's opinion because we all have our own points of view, right or wrong.

Zulu
Well said.

Offline Zon

« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
I noticed you did not argue my point at all... What do you bring to the table? 1.I have lived in a latin country for more then 6 years2.visted more then a few latin countries3. dated and womenized my fare share of latin women4. applied for and entered my women with a K-1 visa This fourm currently exists to assist guys in finding and relocating their fiancee or wife to USA, It deals with agencys, travel issues, culture shock, ect.... HOW EXACTLY AM I NOT QUALIFIED? i think i can bring a feast to the table, where i guy like you is lucky to serve the water...

Hey feast, we have two thread overlapping at the same time.  To your point, I wrote earlier in the day "Regardless of your considerable experience and heritage, your cup is less than half full of the perspective only AGE can bring.  (don't be pissed, be happy)  When I was 31, I was an AA to congressman and thought I had the whole world by the short hairs.  This entire site would have been utter and total nonsense to me at the time.

ON EVERY OTHER ISSUE, I do not question your qualifications - in fact, I would like to read more of what you would have to say."

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 333