It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: costa rican women  (Read 3241 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
costa rican women
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »
hey guys whats up. my first post here. i just turned 24, finishing my MBA and hated my first job out of school so im changing careers as well. ive had a couple of semi-serious relationships here in the usa but other than that just more casual things.

i'm mostly interested in latina women (however i would consider a trip to russia or eastern europe too). most of the writing here seems to be on columbia. thats cool but i'd prefer to visit costa rica. it seems to be a stable country and very tourist friendly. the women they are from very light skinned to dark so plenty of options to meet.

i'm not wanting to start an argument about what country is better or anything. i just figure if Id actually consider buying property in costa rica (which i would not do in columbia) why not meet women there. Anyways I am just interested in discussion and any info on costa rica. I'll post more if anyone actually wants to discuss this.

Truthfully, I dont have a problem at all meeting girls in my area. I've dated some very attractive women. My thoughts are if you marry a chick locally odds are you get divorced. then it gets messy with kids and money and all that. plus some of these international women are knockouts. What really draws me is the difference in personality and culture compared to what I am used to. I dont want a trippy ride back to the 1950s or a maid but I would like to find someone not 100% career oriented and rude.

You get the idea, if you want kids stay home with them and only work part time (or dont work at all). I'm completely willing to compromise, but I just have seen several red flags with the girls I've dated that have ended the relationships. I point them out to my friends in their relationships. they hate it at the time, but when i tell them their fashion major girlfriend will want to move to new york or LA eventually I happened to be correct. So there goes that relationship, and he could have saved himself a year by ending it when I told him.

I read about one agency in the capital city that seems to be legit. they have kinda like an  open house every saturday were a lot of new girls come to join. plus a lot of members come too. anyways they say a few hundred girls show up each week. plus they have listings and books of available women to date.

I figure showing up that saturday and hanging out would be smart. pick a few and schedule dates. then go through their listings and pick out some more to meet. plus i'm sure when i went out to clubs Id run into plenty of hotties.

It sounded like in 5 to 7 dates i could view a couple hundred women. plus many more listings and maybe even take out at least 6 to 12.

i've read a lot online about scams. honestly i will be interested in the ones that are stunning (even model-like) most models have to be at least 5'7 but height doesnt matter much to me. i'm just over 6 ft so i figure they will mostly be shorter than me. anyways im sure they have scammers in costa rica that i'll have to watch out for.

another issue is that my age group interest is between 18 and 26-27 so vast differences in maturity.

from what ive been told american men get a lot of attention from these women which just makes a guys job that much easier. i get my fair share of looks here, but what i've been told is would be a major interest to just about every girl down there. not sure if that is hype or not

also i dont want to go on tours or any of that stuff. i prefer one on one conversation. i took a couple years of spanish so i have a very basic understanding, she would at least need to be learning english.

i am not much on acting on impluses. i have no plans to visit some place for a week or two and then propose to a girl then. id rather get to know her and for her to actually visit the usa first so she knows what shes getting into. that and i really wouldnt want to wish the label of mail order bride being put on anyone i brought home. if you just meet a girl randomly why you are down there no problem, but if its through an agency then thats something you got to deal with. i doubt i would want people knowing i used one. i myself had to read a lot about it before i realized it was just a stereotype, why have to go through that with every conversation you have about her?

is the fiance visa the only hope to get her in, or could see visit another way?
also what happens if the 90 days expire and you dont get married? can see go home and come back on another one?

look forward to talking with you guys
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: costa rican women
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »
Welcome bcc_1_2,

Why in the world would you be thinking about getting married at the tender age of 24? Travel and have a good time, but 30 is the new 20, and 20 is the new 15. Just like you hated your first job out of school, you are going to find plenty of other things you are going to hate over the next few years. Why not wait as any wife you might pick up at your age will probably be one of 'em?
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »
A few hundred show up every week? I find that hard to believe. Besides, you said you didn't want to use an agency. As for getting her to visit the US, while it is possible (for a rich person) it isn't all that likely unless her family is rich (or politically connected, but then they'd be rich anyway). The idea (from the US point of view) is that everybody who applies for a tourist/business/student visa is really intending to immigrate and they have to prove that their circumstances are such that they would return to CR, such as a spouse or child who isn't going with them, owning some decent real property and/or business, stable employment, or other  non-exportable assets. If she does come in on a fiancee visa and she doesn't get married (to the person who sponsored her) within the 90 days, yes she is supposed to leave the US. If she does leave the US within the alloted time, nothing bad happens to her and she could conceivably get another fiancee visa, sponsored by the same person or somebody else.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:16:09 AM »
My daughter has been living in Costa Rica for the past year. I wouldn't buy property there nor seek a woman from Costa Rica. Why? Wildly inflated property values, high crime, and a general willingness to rip off gringos among other things.

Offline blockbuster

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
 A good looking young gringo in Costa Rica will get lots of attention. But the stunning Ticas you want will take some serious cash so you better have a great career.. Model types there will rarely settle for a young guy who does'nt have much money. Unfortunately, you will appear rich there to many. But reality is you bring Ms. Costa Rica model back here and you better be able to offer her a very good life.

Simply because there are lots of guys with looks and big money too lazy to go there themselves to get a beautiful woman. But once she's here the gloves are off and the vultures come lurking. Rarely will you meet a "Model type" latina who'se not impressed with big cars,big homes and big money . Better have something besides your age and looks.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
thanks for the info, i'm cool with brutally honest. property values are rising. but overall compared to the usa seaside land is cheaper, then you can build whatever you want on it. i heard they were having some crime issues around their university, but i'm told the country is pretty stable and much safer than the surrounding countries. the dominican, panama, columbia etc cant be a safe based on what i am reading.

i can meet hot women interested in themselves and money here... the whole point is to get away from that. i'm pretty picky this time around about a job, but i am capable of pulling in good $$. i've got a nice pad car, boat etc but if these women are all about possesions then surely they can find a guy with more than me.

i'm not against using an agency along with going out on my own as well. hopefully the agency is weeding out these women

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:40:43 PM »
ummm no, most agencies have no idea what the girls are thinking or planning. at your age, travel a bit, see the world, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, ( probably the most beautiful girls i have ever seen were  in Ukraine)  then go south, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, compare the difference and then make a choice, which country an d women appeal to you  the most.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
spanisheyescostarica.com was the site i was talking about. anyone know about it or read about it? They have hundreds of photos up and they look legit. Most of the women are decent looking with a few hotties in the mix. Probably around 6 or 8 that caught my eye that I would talk to.

I have traveled some already, just not the central or south america. and again I am in no hurry for anything really, just have an interest in these women.  Some of the girls have kids which is some serious baggage. There is one cute one#23 thats on there but she has a 2 year old girl. She speaks english though. There is one on here that is a model by profession. she looks good and doesnt have any kids. The site looked more legit than what I've seen. What do you guys think?

Offline william3rd

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 06:15:20 AM »
I have a problem with them because they plagiarized their immigration section out of my book "Bringing Your Foreign Bride Home" published in 1998. Other than that, who knows?
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »
thats the only one that looked good to me. i figured that since only a few of the women looked really good it was probably legit. i was reading about available sea side land for sale too. its not that bad really. they want to make the sales. it read they would accept very little down and youd get a great interest rate with good credit. i could put a lot down, but it would be nice to just put down a little and keep contributing largely to retirement and investments.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 277