It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Mall Cruising in Manila and Cebu  (Read 5323 times)

Offline botaka55

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Mall Cruising in Manila and Cebu
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am now starting my second year in international romance. Man! has it ever been an adventure. One thing that really catches my attention is when I go to the mall (like SM or Mall of Asia in Manila or Ayala in Cebu) there is an abundance of western men with some of the "hottest " Asian women I have ever scene. I was just courious are these relationships for real or do you think it might be a "suger daddy" relationship? Also where did these gentlemen meet these ladies? Thanks for your insight..........B

Offline Nathan

Re: Mall Cruising in Manila and Cebu
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
  It's some of both. Sometimes does a "sugar baby" end up in love with her man?
No doubt. When you actually start a family with a girl, have kids and a life together,
it gets pretty hard to fake it. 

Best to take your time...get to know a place and people a bit...and keep your eyes open for a really good girl...they are out there. I would encourage you to
go down to Cagayan De Oro or over to Bohol, around Tagbilaran City and Panglao.
You will really enjoy the places and you will find the girls are a bit more wholesome.

I am married to a filipina...we have a place in Bohol with our two children.

Offline dewey4350

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »
Nathan, Ive been going to Bohol for like 5 years now. I have several freinds as well. I was in the service with a couple guys that retired there. I have stayed at a couple resorts there also. And when I go to Sageon I always take the ferry from Bohol. Where do you have a place in Bohol? not to be nosey....One of my freinds has a beautful place on the inside of the island between Cebu and Bohol up on the hilly side of the beach. Its to die for its gorgeous. Swiming pool and three story home. I've been on a couple grocery runs from Costco in Cebu,,,LOL ,,,logistics are a little rough but I could think of worse things in life

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
I like the less traveled places where most folks don't have that 'big city edge' about them, although there are some humble, down to earth people in the most populated areas too. I just think a gal from the provinces, who maybe went to college in the big city after high school, makes for a good scenario. By then hopefully their value system is developed. When you grow up in the provinces, like in many small towns, you pretty much have to treat others with respect--otherwise people will know if you lie and play games and there's no way around it--you see them all the time. In a big city, more things can (and do) slip by.

That said, there's no way my wife would 'go back to the farm' to live. She likes having more options in terms of things to do. In fact, as time goes by, she's more inclined to want us to get a condo in a nice part of Atlanta someday and just spend some months in the Philippines.

My wife's family was originally from Dauis, Bohol, but back in the 1970's Bohol was pretty much a depressed backwater and not that Mindanao was remotely cosmopolitan in comparison, but there was more opportunity to acquire good farmland in parts of Mindanao around Davao than there was back in the Dauis,  Panglao area. A lot of barangays that were developed in Mindanao simply took the name of the town or city from Bohol or wherever the settlers were from and renamed the area of Mindanao the same, but with "New" in front of it--hence many places ended up with names like "New Bohol", "New Bataan", "New Dauis", etc.--usually reflecting where the new settlers came from.

Davao City is where our house 'over there' is and it's safe--minutes from beaches, malls or hospital, but still quiet and not in a flood prone area. I feel safer in downtown Davao than in my own USA city that attracts 12 million tourists a year--ironic, I think. My wife just told me they're filming a movie downtown here, that Tatum Channing and Sofia Vergara are frequenting a park in the tourist district that we like to walk around, so maybe we'll head there after dinner and walk a couple miles around it. Guess which one I'd like to spot?

Five years ago, the city my in-laws are closest too was a real rural like backwater--now it has two large Malls and it's three hours ride through the countryside from Davao City! Never ceases to amaze me how with all the poverty, they build malls and somehow they still thrive.

Heard that Bohol's really taken off in the last 10-15 years and that the Japanese and Koreans in particular have bought a lot of land in one way or another and of course, the Chinese and Indians always get a share of the action too. Land prices--especially seaside have rocketed. Then there's the controversial 'proposed' airport on Panglao. That's weird, because there's a substantial airport not too far away in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, but I'm sure someone stands to make a ton of money if an airport goes in--they're touting Panglao to be the next Boracay already.

I don't know why there aren't flights from Davao City to Tagbilaran, Bohol. Davao City has supposedly surpassed Cebu City in population. As far as I know, you still have to get to Cebu City first, then to Bohol by flight or ferry. Guess you could take the ferry from Bohol to Mindanao--but then there's a long, back road bus ride. I'm sure that's bound to change, if it hasn't already.

Still, Bohol's beautiful and my wife doesn't like to make mention of it because it's really titled between her and her 6 siblings, but we supposedly have some good land there, so if we get tired of Davao City, Bohol's probably still a good option that we'd consider as a second home. Her family is great, but you never know--sometimes a bit of distance is good.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:18:57 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

We are just outside Tagbilaran City. We have some land near Guindulman,
but for our purposes, it is just too remote, at least for now. I really hope they do NOT put an airport in Panglao- that would be crazy and degrade the whole place.

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Thanks I just like the island I think its great. I think taking the fast boat to and from is part of the experience. It's also one of the islands I have been all the way around. My mind doesn't work like Roberts he can remember anything and call it by name. Your right about the airport it will commercialize the whole area. I know when they put the airstrip on Camegon the locals had a fit. Then Philippino air had so many close calls just landing and maintaining the air strip they were limited by the government. I also think, Cebu Pacific and Zest air had alot to do with that also. Seems those two- couldn't ever get permit ed to fly there LOL. Any ways you know where the slow ferry takes off and where the fast boats are, I have seen the captains house that looks like a boat and the Chocolate Hills, That pretty much cover all four points and in between. Hopefully you will be able to keep your rural setting its a beautiful island and maybe some day will be neighbors......

Offline alejandro

• Probie
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
Ask around on the board for introductions and FB links, worked for me.
Alejandro

Offline JamesDonut

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 06:20:08 PM »
Just from my outside perspective, as someone who has never been to the Phils, Manila looks like a crazy metropolitan city.  Cebu looks a bit more laid back.  How does Davao compare to Cebu?  If I had my choice to look for a lady it would be Cebu over Manila.  Any thoughts?
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »
Just from my outside perspective, as someone who has never been to the Phils, Manila looks like a crazy metropolitan city.  Cebu looks a bit more laid back.  How does Davao compare to Cebu?  If I had my choice to look for a lady it would be Cebu over Manila.  Any thoughts?

Manila is just too much for me. Cebu City has a lot of pretty girls, but I don't think it has anything over Mindanao in that area and the chances of you finding a lady who's not the 'big city type' are greater on Mindanao probably.

Cebu City is a good 'jumping off point' to Negros (Dumaguete is nice) and Bohol, to name but two such places. Bohol's building up pretty fast--it's so nice that the Japanese and Koreans in particular are buying up a lot of property, opening businesses there, etc.Lots of ferries and puddle jumper plane flights.

Airfare amongst the islands, as well as ferry prices are pretty inexpensive and some ferries--the 'jet ferries' are quite fast. If you find that the ladies you arranged to meet with don't work out, at least it's fairly easy to leave and go to another island that shows promise.

Both areas have a lot of colleges and nice beaches. Unless you travel a ways out of Cebu City (which some view as a mini Manila) I don't think the immediate area around CC has much to offer in terms of affordably accessible clean beaches--Dumaguete and Bohol, as well as just outside of Mindanao's Davao City, offer great scuba diving and lovely, white sand, clean water beaches.

Some say the prettiest women come from Cebu C.,(it seems there's more women who don't want to leave CC than there are in most other areas) but I think they're on Mindanao, however if you can handle all the noise, pollution and congestion of Manila, the Makati area in particular, (and also Pasig and Pasay) attracts a lot of beautiful women seeking various kinds of work, having moved from all over the Philippines to the Manila metro area--it's pretty much a national magnet for those seeking work.

In general as long as you're staying out of the Muslim Autonomous Region on Mindanao,(ARMM) I think it's safer, that there's more access to nice beaches and like the Visayas in general, people seem more laid back and the cost of living is lower.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:45:58 AM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 08:52:05 AM »
In terms of the malls, even the smaller cities have malls too these days. Manila and Cebu certainly do, but like the other areas, there are lots of malls and people flock to them for the free air con. It's hard to even compare USA malls to Philippine malls. The malls in the Philippines are more crowded, full of music, laughter and lights. The movie theaters are often inside the malls. The female shoppers, but especially the sales ladies, who are chosen for their youth and physical attractiveness,  are a sight to behold.

If you've got any initiative, there's a good chance you can meet a lady and at the very least, arrange a 'date' eating in the food court/s or in one of the numerous other mall area restaurants.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »
Robert, what do you think of Samar and Samar girls? I knew a couple of them and they both looked very Caucasian.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »
Robert, what do you think of Samar and Samar girls? I knew a couple of them and they both looked very Caucasian.

If they had a lot of Spanish blood from Spain, it's possible, but although I haven't been to that part of the Visayas, I think (from what I've heard) that the women overall in Samar (3rd largest of the 7000+ islands) look like the women on most of the other Visayas/Philippines islands and the Philippines in general. If you have a good eye, I think when you get as far south as Mindanao, you can pick up on some more common physical characteristics in the people. Samar was the first island in the archipelago that Magellan spotted, before he was slain by Mactan Chief Lapu Lapu, near Cebu. Didn't stop more Spaniards from coming for the next 400 years and running the place for most of those years. They definitely left an ethnic imprint as well, one that clearly is seen today.

Today, they are crazy-really crazy about trying to make their skin as light as possible, money and lifestyle allowing. The big TV and movie celebrities in the Philippines usually are very light skinned and many have some European blood in them. They just love that look there. Eye surgery to make the eyes look more Caucasian isn't anywhere near as big as it is in say Korea, where most of the celebrities have it done, but you get the idea.

Here's a little sample. I think Angel Locsin and Anne Curtis (I'd probably invite Kristine Hermosa in for tea also) are very attractive in particular here: 

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/entertainment/most-beautiful-celebrities-in-the-philippines/

Most of those women are well into their 30's, some are close to or past age 40.

Even w/o skin whiteners or surgery, there's almost every kind of look to be found amongst the 55 to 60 million females over there--from milky white skin to the few original aboriginal people's who survive, who have distinctly African features. They are so few that it was startling to me when I first saw them--very short too.

I really feel there's quite a few ladies in the Philippines, who if you set them in S. America, you'd never know they came from the Philippines. Real milky white skin, round eyes that are often like black diamonds, accented by thick manes of wavy, shiny black hair. There's also Chinese, Indian, and to a lesser extent, people with Japanese and Korean influence on their physical characteristics there. A real smorgasbord!

People tell my wife she looks a lot like Zoe Saldana,(P.R and D.R. Hispanic parents) but I think my wife's hotter!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Samar+Philippines+women&biw=1094&bih=588&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NJQHVcSxEMnZsAT9poKQAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »

Uh, the reason that Anne Curtis has light skin is because she is an Aussie

Born in Australia...Filipina mother, Australian father

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »
To be honest I checked out that link, and although I find those celebrities attractive, they all have an obvious fakeness to them.  From the real Filipinas I've seen they are cuter, more down to earth and more attractive than the celebrities.  So when you say your wife is cuter, I don't doubt that at all. 
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »
Uh, the reason that Anne Curtis has light skin is because she is an Aussie

Born in Australia...Filipina mother, Australian father

Uh, come'on Ray-- out of coffee today?   Last time I checked,  most Australian's families who were living there 20-30 years ago had family bloodlines that came from UK countries and were white. Hence when one married a Filipino and they had children,  the looks of the kids were naturally different. Besides other European nations having white people marrying Filipinos, there are cases like Ms. Philippines this year,  who was a finalist for Miss Universe and who has a parent who is Middle Eastern. (Arab)

If.  you look at 100s of the top Filipino movie and  TV series stars,  if you look at advertisements in magazines and on  bill boards,  it's pretty clear that people there like the 'mixed look' and lighter skin- - it sells.  Take a look at the hugely popular Filipino TV series,  " Be Careful With My Heart" - - many of the actors look more Japanese or Korean than Filipino and the few that do look Filipino,  almost seem like tokens.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:59:38 PM by robert angel »

Offline Ray

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »

Uh, come 'on Robert, forgot to take your Ritalin today?

Anyone without ADHD would know that Australia is NOT Europe... Ask an Aussie    ;D

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

Anyone without ADHD would know that Australia is NOT Europe... Ask an Aussie    ;D

Uh, come'on Ray-- out of coffee today?   Last time I checked,  most Australian's families who were living there 20-30 years ago had and were white. Hence when one married a Filipino and they had children,  family bloodlines that came from UK countriesthe looks of the kids were naturally different. Besides other European nations having white people marrying Filipinos, there are cases like Ms. Philippines this year,  who was a finalist for Miss Universe and who has a parent who is Middle Eastern. (Arab)

I never said that Australia WAS or is Europe. Neither is New Zealand in case you didn't know--both are technically in Asia. Don't look stupid trying to make me look stupid please. I don't try to pretend to be a professor nor do I espouse legal advice like an attorney. Most of the people who've had a few generations grow up there, or even most of those immigrants with children born there first generation--the offspring speak with accents that seem quite similar to the British.

I think anybody but you would have realized that what was stated was that the bloodlines on one of each parent's side of many of those pretty ladies in the link-- especially those ladies pictured that were born 20, 30, maybe 40 years ago in Australia or from mixed ethnic parents and conceived elsewhere, came from people who were likely born in European countries. And that will only increase in number, as Australia doesn't even have a population of 24 million and has attracted and accepted a lot of Asian (as well as other nation's) immigrants in recent years

Many guys from nearby Australia, as well as many other  European nations, fathered, or at least got Filipinas pregnant in the Philippines. Hence the 'mixed, exotic look' that the media and many people in the Philippines and elsewhere, like.

After all, it was great Britain that snatched up Australia from the original aboriginal population populated it to a large extent initially as well as others including the Dutch--going back to the 17 century. Italy, France, Germany, Greece-- to give just a partial listing, also came early on to Australia.

Offline Ray

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »

Don't look stupid trying to make me look stupid please.

Robert, nobody needs to try to make you look stupid.

You are doing a fine job of that all by yourself...   

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
Robert, nobody needs to try to make you look stupid.

You are doing a fine job of that all by yourself...   

Says the guy with a clown avatar.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864