It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: TLC - 90 Day Fiance  (Read 31499 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: TLC - 90 Day Fiance
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:14 AM »
My wife is repulsed by that whole series. I programmed this season to record on the DVR, but after she saw how that Filipina, scripted or not scripted acted at the airport--ungracious about the flowers and barking at her fiancé' to go get her bags, she sure didn't want me to cue it up.

The last season we did catch a bit of and that Filipina, with all the drama about a wedding dress her fiancé, given his stressed finances couldn't really afford, struck a sour note as well. I don't think the ladies, Piglett, KFC or myself, to name but a few guys here (not saying a bad thing about any of the other guy's wives--don't have a bit of reason to) are anything like those women.

Most Filipinas we know, even after becoming US citizens, remain proud of their nation and are sensitive about how they and their fellow Filipinas behave, as they feel it reflects on the Philippines. Lord knows, you can pick just about any nation on earth, war torn, impoverished, first world and or frozen, and there's almost certainly Filipinos there.

Then again-in REAL 'reality', those women may be (hopefully) quite different than as depicted on TLC.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
My wife is repulsed by that whole series. I programmed this season to record on the DVR, but after she saw how that Filipina, scripted or not scripted acted at the airport--ungracious about the flowers and barking at her fiancé' to go get her bags, she sure didn't want me to cue it up.

The last season we did catch a bit of and that Filipina, with all the drama about a wedding dress her fiancé, given his stressed finances couldn't really afford, struck a sour note as well. I don't think the ladies, Piglett, KFC or myself, to name but a few guys here (not saying a bad thing about any of the other guy's wives--don't have a bit of reason to) are anything like those women.

Most Filipinas we know, even after becoming US citizens, remain proud of their nation and are sensitive about how they and their fellow Filipinas behave, as they feel it reflects on the Philippines. Lord knows, you can pick just about any nation on earth, war torn, impoverished, first world and or frozen, and there's almost certainly Filipinos there.

Then again-in REAL 'reality', those women may be (hopefully) quite different than as depicted on TLC.

What little I saw of the show gave me the impression that it was scripted, stereotypical, and just made for entertainment purposes.  Not much more than that.

Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »

What little I saw of the show gave me the impression that it was scripted, stereotypical, and just made for entertainment purposes.  Not much more than that.

Fathertime!

Yes, that's what it is. Many were beating the drum that it was going to be feminist show against men. It's not that at all... It's just fake drama and entertainment for the simple minded folk wanting a kim kardashian style cheap brand of entertainment.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
Totally agree. The first season seemed ok. This season just seemed like they had a bag of hate mail from feminists as they opened the season just trying to make all the guys look like the stereotype that people think of for mail order brides as they made each and every guy look like spineless buffoons as they constantly defended that term. They women as well, they had a spacey dreamer and a desperate woman.

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
we will see if there is a season 2#. I did have my enterest but it was very hard to follow at times. I think maybe the sessions were spliced together for better drama. Hopefully they will get some more realistic couples with everyday problems. I only seen one have any problem with English. I thought that was outstanding. Not normal actually! Rings on fingers how they dressed, maybe if there is a season 2# we will get to see  more Europeans. It can only go up LOL

Offline Ray

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »

The only reason I have been following this dumb show is to see if that Mohammed dude is going to kiss fatty on the mouth...

He didn't kiss her at the wedding because it was Ramadan(?)... Bull Shyt!

I think he's holding out for the 72 virgins.   ;D

Ray

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2014, 05:20:04 PM »
LOL! Agreed Ray! I was waiting too! I kind of had that sinking feeling from the beginning.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:04:44 AM by Fosgate5 »

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »

Daya. What can I say, step mom is a witch. Does not show up to your sons wedding? If my mother would have done that I would have told her don't bother coming around then either. Good to see the guy finally grew a pair and probably would not be surprised if mom was the reason for the first breakup. "I just said what had to be said." What a self centered kniving witch. I know of two weddings where the parents just turned into absolute children and one mother in law was the reason for the divorce by "saying what needed to be said." in her opinion. So what she said the ring looked possibly fake when she got off the plane. How long of a trip was it? I looked up flight plans to Billings and Missoula from Manila. 26-34 hour flight time if your lucky enough to get one. 47-54 hours if not. That does not include other travel time to Manila or from the arrival destination to the guys house. I can tell you my ex was less than personable after 8 hour flights. She would have been Cthulhu coming off plane dragging the corpses off with her. And who knows, drama inserted by the producers? I myself when I flew from Germany to the states was not so bad but for whatever reason going back east to Germany sucked. Usually took me 2 weeks to shake of the jet lag and get into a regular sleep schedule again from a 28hr travel plan.

If she flew non stop say 13 hours to San Francisco plus whatever the transfer and second flight cost in time and then the show drama of waiting an hour when Brett got the wrong flowers.
They darken the plane but to beat the jet lag you shouldn't be sleeping on the way back as most flights land in the early evening

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »
They're back on October 11, 2015 http://starcasm.net/archives/329190 this season includes a fiance from Thailand and one from the Philippines. It looks like they will be playing the age gap issue with the Filipina and the jealous spouse with the Thai

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
Just as big or bigger train wreck than last year. It's like the show is really trying to boost the stereotype of what people here think of foreign relationships.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
Oh no...more of that silly show!  ::)

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »

I still want to know if Mohammed had sex with fatty... 

Offline MrGentlemanBlk

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »
I understand this thread is old but what does TLC stands for? Unless it's the name of the lady rap group....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »
I understand this thread is old but what does TLC stands for? Unless it's the name of the lady rap group....

TLC is the name of the cable channel. It stands for The Learning Channel because it was originally focused on educational content but now it's main focus is goofy reality shows about the twisted inhabitants of the USA.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2015, 10:47:02 AM »

TLC is the name of the cable channel. It stands for The Learning Channel because it was originally focused on educational content but now it's main focus is goofy reality shows about the twisted inhabitants of the USA.

It's a sad state of affairs that it's said the 'reality show' genre is the #1 attraction for television viewers in the USA. So little of it has to do with the 'reality' that most people actually live with, I  suppose it's fantasy escapism, and to some extent a fascination with 'train wrecks', sometimes a bit of a freak show as well as people enjoying seeing people 'eliminated', turning their loyalty aside and so on.

Offline Ray

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 05:48:48 AM »

Looks like Mohammed is going to be a daddy.

But it's not fatty who's pregnant...  LOL!

Offline Ray

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »

Is anyone still watching this silly show?

They seem to have gone out of their way to find the most mismatched couples available again.

And they keep spouting the same old worn out platitudes... "how do you know he/she isn't just using you for a green card/free ticket to America?" 

Ray

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 03:44:23 PM »
Is anyone still watching this silly show?

They seem to have gone out of their way to find the most mismatched couples available again.

And they keep spouting the same old worn out platitudes... "how do you know he/she isn't just using you for a green card/free ticket to America?" 

Ray

Most people in the US think that when someone comes here as a fiance they are looking for a green card. Platitude or not, most people have this belief. Who knows? Maybe they are right.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
They look for someone to love and a better life. You know. Sort of like those over 30, feminist single women with 4 cats that hate their lives and think some how you want to be a part of it, break into your phone and computer because it's all about trust and they will never trust you.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »

Most people in the US think that when someone comes here as a fiance they are looking for a green card. Platitude or not, most people have this belief. Who knows? Maybe they are right.

That's why I tell people not to give a rat's ass about what other people think and to concentrate on finding the right match and making it right. Between their bigotry, jealousy and ignorance, it's just better off not even tuning into people like that.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
I was hoping to watch this but it's not on Piratbay yet. :(

Offline Ray

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
The new season of this silly show just started.

I didn't see any Filipina or Colombiana fiancées this time.

More Eastern European gold diggers...

I was kind of expecting some gay/lesbo couples this year(?)  ::)

I also see that another American lardo petitioned a buff Muslim dude from Morocco AGAIN. I guess she didn't watch the last disaster with Fatty/Mohammed?  LOL

Ray
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:41:56 AM by Ray »

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2016, 06:41:39 AM »
The new season of this silly show just started.

I didn't see any Filipina or Colombiana fiancées this time.

More Eastern European gold diggers...

I was kind of expecting some gay/lesbo couples this year(?)  ::)

I also see that another American lardo petitioned a buff Muslim dude from Morocco AGAIN. I guess she didn't watch the last disaster with Fatty/Mohammed?  LOL

Ray
I am sure they tried hard to find a same sex couple. I have been told the second season filmed before the first aired. At this point I am sure everybody knows it is not a Lisa Ling documentary and only Kardashians and religious showing us they were virgins at the time of marriage are applying.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2016, 06:41:39 AM »

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »
Watching the first episode. They are all train-wrecks waiting to happen. The one that gets me is the guy that is the Medical Marijuana Grower with the 6 figure salary that is with the Russian woman. Right away they show this woman with big pouty fake lips like Donatella Versache pouting for him to buy her a $10k purse and he reveals he has spent $70k since they have been dating. Of course lots of photos staying in high end places in the Camen Islands etc. Oh and then the end of the first episode what she did to him. Seeing the previews for the next week are telling. I think that is going to be an interesting one to watch but very predictable.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:45:02 AM by Fosgate5 »

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »
IF the Cannabis King is with a..whats the word I'm looking for..A Gold Diggin Snotty Bitch.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:02:55 PM by Fosgate5 »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864