It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombia Cupid my next step and still leaves me wondering how guys feel  (Read 22595 times)

Offline vallenatoman

I did some colombiacupid.com gallery views last night.

I spent a decent chunk of time looking. theres like 1000 profiles that pop up so it takes time.

Now i will say this FROM MY VISUAL analysis only.

The quality of pics seems a bit better on there. NOW theres all sorts of implications i know.... could be fake, old pics, could be tweaked....no one is really screening i guess beyond nudity.

But assuming the ones I looked at werent fakes...

I found after 3-4 reviews of 1000 profiles (so about 4000) still the % of girls i thought were minimum cute for my standards was still decently low. i felt there were more CUTE girls on average on cupid but still iffy the pics seem....definitely deliberate showing very specific parts or cut off.

But the ones i did think were to my criteria were cute were educated (stated bachelor degrees and had jobs like Finance, etc) but the odds of getting a response i know are limited because those girls are getting a million a day im sure. And if guys that are on web cam doing nasty things as i think Whitey mentioned well theyll get scared off quickly.

Sometimes when i clicked on some profiles it popped up with other pics if they had more than 1 that didnt match the criteria i told it to search for: example i put a limit of 125lbs for 1 search just to have a limit (which i expanded later to 140lbs) yet some profiles were clearly not 125lbs. a decent amount were like that .. thus telling me many of the ladies are not being honest with their details fro sure.

NOt that i expected this from a site like this but you know one can hope right.

Regardless first few forays with this did bring up a few girls i had hoped would be on jamies site and a few from BAQ.

I still wasnt overly excited by the results.

SO that begs the question:

How do guys who use Colombia cupid really select ladies? Do you guys look at the pics (and there are many) and say "ugly" "cute" and only open cute ones? do you really READ the profiles in detail even if the lady is "not cute"? do you just flip on by until a STUNNING girl appears?

again its hard to really set critieria.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:36:03 PM by vallenatoman »

Offline ignorante

Re: Colombia Cupid my next step and still leaves me wondering how guys feel
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
I filter first by physical appearance (duh!), then by the age she desires (duh! duh!), then filter out other undesireable traits (any that mention money, some do!, any that use the word "princess," any that have no real interests beyond "rumbia" and dancing, and so on).  I also tend to ignore the profiles with only one photograph.  I also tend to filter out women whose minimum desired age is younger than herself, as I cannot see her seriously desiring (or happy with) a man older than she is if he really is competing against guys younger than she is.  I typically filter out those with kids.

Education, etc. 

Then I have preferences, too.  English speakers go to the front of the line, because my spanish sucks (working on it, pero tu tienes que hablar muy, muy despacio).  I speak all present tense, so I sound like a retarded grade schooler, probably.  I also mess up simple words sometimes.  I had a conversation with a Mexican lady I met in Charleston on vacation recently.  She spoke very little English, so I thought it would be a good opportunity for my son and I to practice a little.  She kept complimenting my spanish (which probably means that she never hears spanish from white people in Charleston, so she was pleasantly surprised), when I was terribly embarrassed to realize when she corrected me that I had said a syllable on a number wrong - a number!  Argh!  Talk about messing up something simple.

Anyway, English is a huge plus.

I am always amused by the profiles that mention outdoor interests like camping, hunting, and fishing.  I wold love to see what these beautiful young women are hunting in Colombia!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
one thing i would like to mention about  photos, you really need to look at the details of the photographs.

in the past , i have caught 2 girls  in lies due to seeing things in the background of the photographs and noticing details. just for an example. one girl who was supposedly on vacation with her family, but was in a high end hotel in panama, not cartagena, like she stated, doing what, you don't want to know LOL

other was in a sports bar when she stated she was someplace else. I could tell the photo was not recent and she was lieing about where and when it  was.  always look in the background of photos, sometimes they will tell a completely different story.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »

Offline vallenatoman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
Good points Mudd.

But jamies gallery pics dont think much there to decipher i think he takes the pics? unless im mistaken.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »

I don't know what kind of conclusion you are trying to come to from looking at pics but maybe you are trying to base too much on them.Profiles and photos were there for me to decide whether or not I wanted to meet someone.Was she attractive? Did I like what she put in her profile? That was it for me.I knew I wasn't committing to anything when I asked to meet her.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »
But the ones i did think were to my criteria were cute were educated (stated bachelor degrees and had jobs like Finance, etc)

VM if a girl states on her profile that she has a "bachillera" that means she has graduated from high school. Girls on there that actually have a university degree comparable to a US Bachelor degree will be scarce as hen´s teeth. As to employment indicated on their profile just skip it...it´s sheer optimism.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
my comment wasn't really geared for profile photos of a marriage agencies , but photos that girls will send you directly, IE cupid, amigos, badoo,match,  their e mail ect

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
I also can tell about photos whether they work as cam prostitutes or not.  Photos never lie and can also see what is in the background.

Photos aren't the only thing you need to worry about.  They can lie easily on their profiles - age, for example. 

I know a woman who advertised as 46 years old in Cali Charm but as 38 years old in ACG and 1 other site.  I asked this woman for her age, and she told me that she was 38.  I told her about her in CaliCharm, but she told me that CC had made a mistake.  Guess what?  CC showed me photocopy of her cedula.  (I took degree in Mathematics, but do not need a degree to work out her age! lol).    2 years later, last time I checked, she is STILL looking for a man and she is 48 now .... Good luck to her for keeping on telling lies!!

Offline euforia51

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »
There's alot that can be said about photos when you're just beginning to browse. Afterall, photos will make or break the deal for the girl in the first 2-3 seconds when you're browsing and they can reveal important details and truth about the person in a way that written words cannot ... if you know what you like and what you're looking for. Think of it this way, when you meet someone in person, you are looking at them. And you wanted to meet them in the first place because you liked how they looked. I have never heard of someone who goes up to meet somebody and hands them a written story about themselves (like a profile) with any hopes of getting anywhere. Photos on a profile are the closest thing we have to reality. So in short, they had better be good.

This is a two way street if you're putting yourself out there on a website to attract her attention. For your own sake, do not skimp on this ... make them the best they can possibly be while keeping yourself true to form. And do not fudge, primp, or fib. Do not pose your proud a$$ sitting on a chromed out Harley if you do not ride. Do not stand next to your buddy's red Corvette. A good woman will tell you every time they hate men who flaunt that they have money. And imagine how much she'll dislike you if she finds out you really don't if you're looking like you do? Instead, take pics doing the things you like and actually do in your everyday life. Pay attention to posture, eye contact with the camera, and your dress code. Take a hundred honest pics if you need to and pick the best ones. We're all preaching and demanding the women on these sites be honest with their pics, you need only do the same in return. Back to the subject at hand...

ignorante said he weeds out if there is only one photo on a profile. This is a very good rule. Mudd made a point about details in the backgrounds ... excellent as well. My minimum on a profile where the girl submits the photos herself would be:

a profile must have at least 3 photos ... and there must be more coming once we are e-mailing and getting to know each other. A woman should not be shy about this. If she is, she is hiding something.

The photos should be different in that they were taken in different places and she is wearing different clothes

The photos should be relatively close up where you can at least see her face and a fairly good portion of her body (dressed, please) in at least one of them. Far away photos where you cannot recognize her are not acceptable.

Click next on girls who only have photos of themselves showing lots of skin, posing like models, little black cocktail dresses, perfect make up, perfect lighting, perfect hair, and the like. Perfect photos of chicks looking like they belong on a magazine cover are not acceptable. Example ... she's in a tiger-striped bikini sitting on a couch in a plush apartment somewhere, hair is perfect, lighting is perfect, make up is perfect ... not a single indicator to be seen that she has or is about to really go swimming. It's like uh-huh ... hey Beavis ... where's the damn pool?

Look for photos that are more like snap-shots over ones that are staged, rigged, and perfect.

finally
any and all photos should look like they are of the same woman ... which is a good indicator that they are probably recent (within the last 6 months).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:40:54 PM by euforia51 »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »
When people ask me: "Robert, how do you feel?", I am always honest and I tell them:

"With my hands!"......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:51:59 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline CalifSur

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »
This is a helpful thread for new guys like me. I've been on CC and Latin American Cupid (LAC) for a few months now.

Online dating is tricky enough in the SAME city let alone a foreign country.  I had this discussion with a few of you when I posted a thread about Badoo.

So forgive me if I sound like a broken record (I swear I wasn't born yesterday).

1. I found the profile of this 31 yr old woman from Barranquilla on LAC.  
http://www.latinamericancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/2815563

Her profile breaks many of the rules that have been discussed: scantily clad in main profile photo and gives NO indication as to what an acceptable age range is for prospective mates.  I guess she does this to NOT drive away potential clients.  I hate to admit that sometimes I think with my OTHER head so I sent her a message. She replied with her personal hotmail account.  One nice touch was she said she lives with her parents.  Do the working gals in BQ live with Mom and Dad?  Am I nuts to take the bait and play along or do I just run along and forget it??

2. I found this profile of a 24 yr old gal from Santa Marta.
http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/272255

Girl No. 2 is like night and day compared to girl No. 1.  Clearly states the age range she is looking for and has NOT offered her personal e-mail despite the fact we have exchanged about 3 or 4 e-mails on CC thus far.  Granted, as Eurforia stated, I PREFER mas fotos. She only has two posted.

Having said all that, I did notice what looks like a date stamp on Girld No. 2's profile photo which seems to read 2006!  That makes me wonder if even this innocent looking gal is playing games......or perhaps it is a 9 upside down?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:54:47 PM by CalifSur »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
My girlfriend only posted 1 photo when she was in ColombianCupid !!

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
This is a helpful thread for new guys like me. I've been on CC and Latin American Cupid (LAC) for a few months now.

Online dating is tricky enough in the SAME city let alone a foreign country.  I had this discussion with a few of you when I posted a thread about Badoo.

So forgive me if I sound like a broken record (I swear I wasn't born yesterday).

Her profile breaks many of the rules that have been discussed: scantily clad in main profile photo and gives NO indication as to what an acceptable age range is for prospective mates.  I guess she does this to NOT drive away potential clients.  I hate to admit that sometimes I think with my OTHER head so I sent her a message. She replied with her personal hotmail account.  One nice touch was she said she lives with her parents.  Do the working gals in BQ live with Mom and Dad?  Am I nuts to take the bait and play along or do I just run along and forget it??

Girl No. 2 is like night and day compared to girl No. 1.  Clearly states the age range she is looking for and has NOT offered her personal e-mail despite the fact we have exchanged about 3 or 4 e-mails on CC thus far.  Granted, as Eurforia stated, I PREFER mas fotos. She only has two posted.

Having said all that, I did notice what looks like a date stamp on Girld No. 2's profile photo which seems to read 2006!  That makes me wonder if even this innocent looking gal is playing games......or perhaps it is a 9 upside down?

I had to laugh. The first chick says she's "self Employed" and as to the second chick's photo, yes it is from 2006.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:55 PM »
I had to laugh. The first chick says she's "self Employed" and as to the second chick's photo, yes it is from 2006.
If the second chica posted more photos like chica #1, she could be "self employed" too.   ;) ;D
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline euforia51

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 12:14:47 AM »
... I hate to admit that sometimes I think with my OTHER head so I sent her a message. She replied with her personal hotmail account.  One nice touch was she said she lives with her parents.  Do the working gals in BQ live with Mom and Dad?  Am I nuts to take the bait and play along or do I just run along and forget it??
OK, so you took the bait and began some correspondence. Sounds to me like you're just getting up to speed with this stuff so nothing ventured, nothing gained. See what happens and get some miles. Just don't send her any personal info ... and definitely don't fall for any sweet talk right away. See if she can cough up a few realistic pics for you and don't fall for the my camera's broke or was stolen line of BS.

... Granted, as Eurforia stated, I PREFER mas fotos. She only has two posted.

These guys on here are pulling your chain a little, don't mind them ... it's all in fun. Now this is the kind of girl who has fairly good photos; despite only posting two. They're not perfect photos like Chica #1. Once again, you gotta see what happens. You've sent 3-4 e-mails back and forth so far. Now ask her for some recent pics before you start getting hooked. The year on the one pic in her profile is 2006. But she could have easily set her camera wrong or didn't set it at all. Chicks generally don't care about stuff like this. Glory's camera was making pics dated March, 2009 in Christmas of 2010. But I'd quiz her on it just the same.

Offline Zon

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:42:44 AM »
online S U C K S ...

It takes tons of time.  Latinas do not fully express themselves in letters.  Chat is like torture to me.  The girls on CC, mostly, are looking for a ticket out, or a sponsor.  And, I do tons better in person.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:50 AM »
I had to laugh. The first chick says she's "self Employed" .

Self-employed could be anything from selling accessories or selling in the flea market to cam prostitutes.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
online S U C K S ...

It takes tons of time.  Latinas do not fully express themselves in letters.  Chat is like torture to me.  The girls on CC, mostly, are looking for a ticket out, or a sponsor.  And, I do tons better in person.

so is giving up!  The old saying "Patience gets rewards"

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »
when i  see this in a profile on any internet site, i immediately dismiss it

I seek a man with good feelings, that the auction to converse, to know places, and to travel

this has " I'm looking for some guy who will spend $$ on me on trips,  take me to panama, cartagena, san andres or some other country,
 no  thanks.

Offline CalifSur

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »
online S U C K S ...

I AGREE Zon, Online SUCKS.  I am not very photogenic.  Nearly every woman I've met through the online universe (here in the U.S.) tells me I look "better" in person. 

So if the Online process SUCKS....what is your method?  Just show up in the country and mingle with some chicas and see what happens?

Offline CalifSur

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
OK, so you took the bait and began some correspondence. Sounds to me like you're just getting up to speed with this stuff so nothing ventured, nothing gained. See what happens and get some miles. Just don't send her any personal info ... and definitely don't fall for any sweet talk right away. See if she can cough up a few realistic pics for you and don't fall for the my camera's broke or was stolen line of BS.
These guys on here are pulling your chain a little, don't mind them ... it's all in fun. Now this is the kind of girl who has fairly good photos; despite only posting two. They're not perfect photos like Chica #1. Once again, you gotta see what happens. You've sent 3-4 e-mails back and forth so far. Now ask her for some recent pics before you start getting hooked. The year on the one pic in her profile is 2006. But she could have easily set her camera wrong or didn't set it at all. Chicks generally don't care about stuff like this. Glory's camera was making pics dated March, 2009 in Christmas of 2010. But I'd quiz her on it just the same.

Good to know.  Just the same 2006 vs. 2010 is a much bigger difference than 2009 vs. 2010!!  Again, thanks for the input. I am flying blind here and you guys are really helpful.

Offline euforia51

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 10:29:15 AM »
I AGREE Zon, Online SUCKS.  I am not very photogenic.  Nearly every woman I've met through the online universe (here in the U.S.) tells me I look "better" in person. 

So if the Online process SUCKS....what is your method?  Just show up in the country and mingle with some chicas and see what happens?
To each is own. Online is a convenient form of communication for what some would call the lazy, ignorant, and uninspired. And, maybe they'd be right. But oddly enough, is it not funny how you're reading about how online sucks on a board that is ... online? I'm not knocking the meeting women in person method. I actually envy guys who can do this successfully and consistently ... I just have yet to see or meet one in person who is really as good as he says he is. Regardless, no matter the method you choose, there is no shame but you want to do it well. Enough...

The point is meeting women online is a gold mine with tons of opportunity. Now you're not stuck with choices in your own city or anywhere within a reasonable driving distance ... now you can go interstate and international if you have the means. And you can do all this from the safety and comfort of your own home sitting in your underwear with a jar of peanut butter.  :o Scratch that.

Since you want to pursue this route, use it to your advantage. If you're not photogenic, learn to be. Take tons of pics to get use to being in front of a camera. Learn to hone your skills with writing profiles and e-mails to generate interest. Remember, the romance novel industry is not huge for no good reason, women love to read stories ... and moreso be able to place themselves in the story. They visualize things differently than we do. Keep that in mind when writing an e-mail. Instead of saying something like ... I saw your profile and I'm interested ... yawn ... say something like ... you know, after seeing your profile, I wondered if you'd make a good profesora de Salsa if I ever wanted to take lessons ... Ask her simple questions about herself that don't at first relate to the boring sh*t in her everyday life. And definitely a must ... make her laugh. Think of cutesy things you might say to your little sister, refine it if you have to, and apply here. Anything you can say to get her talking about something besides just throwing out the typical "...well look me up if you ever get to my country" is going to be a major plus above all the other boring gringos she's heard from today. This will also help to get a decent conversation going so you can quickly begin to see if she's a scam or not.

Sorry for the multiple edits ... I keep thinking of things to add to the mix and I'm not a big proof reader before hitting send.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:53:05 AM by euforia51 »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 10:54:46 AM »

Unfortunatey, online does have some advantage over going there for the 1st time. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 10:54:46 AM »

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Latinas have trouble expressing themselves on-line? Have any of the members here ever had this problem in the beginning? When we chat on-line I have noticed there are at times my girlfriend seems rather formal almost stilted in trying to express herself. It was quite noticable at first, but after months of near daily chatting I still get the impression that she is still having trouble letting herself 'get through' so to speak.

Video chats are quite different, the advantage of using images gives her an added way to express so to speak. I'm not sure the difficulty has to do with education, inclination or if it is a cultural thing.
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Zon

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 01:01:05 PM »
Compared to similar sites that originate in Eastern Europe / Russia?  NO CONTEST.  Those women can write and express themselves perfectly.  You can fall in love with a photo and 5 letters ( I guess I am admitting my patterns)  Latinas?  attention deficit; live in the moment / do not value that which is not in their physical life right now; have difficulties with possibilities / abstractions. I have met very intelligent latinas - they do exist. But, most of the garden variety women are not running at full speed in the head.

Then there is the "guard-up" / assume the man is lying thing - which is HUGE. 

So, there it is.  Sure online can work.  I am not saying it can't.  I am saying it's a frustration.  Or, at least it has been for me. I have found myself "talking to" people I would never has chosen to speak to in the first place.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293