It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Transfers in the Philippines  (Read 1923 times)

Offline dewey4350

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Transfers in the Philippines
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
        Hello everybody fresh back from a 17 day trip abroad. I think the word that stuck out the most to me was transfer. I will give you my description and a personal story on one of my transfers, Take in mind it was my second day in Pinoy land after a 30 hour flight there. That was supposed to be only 24 hours. The first day I arrived it was pretty much toast to the condo from manilla and rest and eat.The second day we visited a sister in a outer province of Manilla /Makita. Pretty much a 6 hour trip just there and back. I was still ate up with jet lag and the 13 hour time difference. so we returned to Makita late after the visit and meeting and rested for the TRANSFER. After a short 8 hour break we start to the airport from Makita city Manillla . We start with a cab ride to the domestic airport and fly Zest air to the closet airport we could get. It was not the closet place we could fly.  Boracays airport was booked solid. So from that airport we taxied to a bus stop. the bus was very clean and about as nice as one I ever riden. That trip by the time we boarded took about 2 1/2 hours. Then from the bus we took a van ride for about thirty minutes to our next stop. Then we transfered to truck that was covered and airconditioned, That truck took us to the water taxi that was another hour are so with that transfer. Fianlly we get to the island. Then another van ride to another stop. You got it another transfer. this time to a cab which got us pretty close to the resort. By this time my ass is completly flat and worn out. So we stop and eat on the one end of the beach and rest. After eating you got it we transfer on a tricycle to actual place we were staying. It was a nice place real clean and on the back side of the beech, she wanted to be off the main drag and for it to be quiet.So just a short 7 hour transfer and your there. OBTW I know everyone is thinking I should fire my travel agent right? Actually 2 days later I asked her to marry me........ Not a bad transfer after all........

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Re: Transfers in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »
Congratulations Dewey! Yours has been an interesting story--you initially had plans to pursue another woman and then, with plane tickets already purchased, caught her in a 'no no' and called it off. Having never been to the Philippines, like many guys, you were sore, annoyed, without a set plan and  thought about just staying home.

Instead, you pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat and soldiered on, making the trip, 'winging it' and took the 'road less traveled'. And as the poet said "And that has made all the difference"
Bravo and best wishes!
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-road-not-taken/
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »
Congratulations Dewey.......we will be waiting for the rest of the "juicy" details.  ;D

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »
    Not to many juicy details, I know she was waiting on a romantic proposal. But being the dry somewhat boring person I am she more less found the ring in my pocket before I could ask. I had some what tight  shorts on and the box the ring came in was shaped like a heart. And she could tell I got quiet trying to come up with some words. So as well as she knew me - she more less called me out. I could tell it could have been a lot better, She told her oldest daughter that we were old. LOL well I did put about two paragraphs together and did bring a tear. I don't know if it was so bad my proposal are that she was excited. I'd say a little of both....Actually I thought the ring would not fit. She had told me that it was a 5.5 in american. The more I looked the more I thought it would not happen. Just like normal she knows what she is talking about.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 156