It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: famous singer shot, killed in medellin.  (Read 7257 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
famous singer shot, killed in medellin.
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »
was last week, but since this web site was down for a while. lot of news agencies carried the story, pretty sad.

https://gamer4k.com/singer-legarda-dies-for-a-stray-bullet-during-shooting-in-medellin/

https://canal1.com.co/noticias/confirman-muerte-del-cantante-de-regueton-legarda/

https://www.minuto30.com/fotos-asi-fue-la-inspeccion-judicial-del-presunto-fletero-que-fue-asesinado-en-el-poblado/777721/

The Colombian singer Legarda he died this Thursday being hit by a stray bullet during a shooting in an attempted robbery that took place in the neighborhood El Poblado, in the south of Medellín (northwest), informed official sources.
The León XIII Clinic confirmed in a statement that the artist was admitted with a “wound by a firearm in a transfixing skull at the frontal level”, for which he received “a diagnosis of very severe brain damage” after being checked by doctors.
“He entered cardio-respiratory arrest (…) Health personnel performed resuscitation maneuvers for 20 minutes, but died“, Explained the medical center.
Fabio Andrés Legarda, born 29 years ago in Popayán, capital of the department of Cauca (southwest) and emigrated with his family to Atlanta (USA), began singing at age 14 in Latin festivals and went from recording versions of songs on your YouTube channel to sign with a record label.The security secretary of Medellin, Andrés Tobón, revealed that Legarda, a reggaetón singer, was mobilizing in a vehicle in the El Poblado sector when an attempted robbery occurred to a citizen who is part of a security company.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Re: famous singer shot, killed in medellin.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 07:59:51 AM »
It was an accident. That was how my wife described a neighbor who was hit by a stray bullet when a sicario was trying to shoot someone else. I told her, only in Colombia does that qualify as an accident.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:19:16 AM »
It was an accident. That was how my wife described a neighbor who was hit by a stray bullet when a sicario was trying to shoot someone else. I told her, only in Colombia does that qualify as an accident.

yeah, unfortunately for the singer, if he could, i doubt he would call it an accident. ::)

the final report i read. it was actually the uber driver who shot him, while trying to shoot one of the  robbers. completely screwed up mess.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:21:37 AM by mudd »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:19:16 AM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 07:22:20 AM »

last report i read, just said was in an Uber and was hit in the head by a bullet. doesnt say who fired the shot, the driver or the robbers

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/8497239/maluma-cnco-latin-artists-mourn-legarda-death

Colombian singer and YouTuber, Legarda died Thursday (Feb. 7) in Colombia after he took a gunshot to the head. He was 29.
In the official statement obtained by El Heraldo, local health services IPS Universitaria confirmed his death: "The IPS University presents the medical report of Fabio Andres Legarda Lizcano, who was admitted to the University Hospital Clinic headquarters Leon XIII with a gunshot wound in the frontal bone of the skull. The young man arrived with a diagnosis of very severe brain damage and was reviewed by a neurosurgeon and a urologist. He entered cardiorespiratory arrest at 4:50 p.m. The health personnel carried out resuscitation maneuvers for 20 minutes, but he died at 5:15 p.m."
Authorities indicate that Legarda, who was the boyfriend of YouTuber [/color]Luisa Fernanda W, was in an Uber when he was struck by a bullet.

Legarda was recently promoting his new single “Nutella,” which was set to premiere Thursday. The official music video was released on YouTube just hours after he passed. “He who leaves doesn’t die, only he who’s forgotten dies,”
Many Colombian artists, including [/color]Carlos Vives, [/color]Fonseca, and [/color]Fanny Lu, have taken to social media to share their condolences and shed light on the crime and violence happening in their country.
On Instagram stories, [/color]Maluma posted a photo of the late singer and discussed the wider impact of Legarda’s death. “It’s incredible that these things keep happening in my country,” he said, referring to the country's rampant crime and violence. “We have to open our eyes, Colombia, this needs to stop.”

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
49 dead in New Zealand, which reportedly has never had a terrorist act in it's history. Last week, I said that like the Las Vegas hotel mass killer, it's typically some white guy who probably looks like someone who lives on your suburban, USA block. First Google hit on "New Zealand killer" says "calls himself an ordinary white man".

Not saying we need to, or ought to think we have a 'profile' in our minds, but that 'profile' might not be accurate. "Man is one of few species that eats itself"
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 06:02:27 AM »
Robert angel said:
49 dead in New Zealand, which reportedly has never had a terrorist act in it's history. Last week, I said that like the Las Vegas hotel mass killer, it's typically some white guy who probably looks like someone who lives on your suburban, USA block. First Google hit on "New Zealand killer" says "calls himself an ordinary white man".

Not saying we need to, or ought to think we have a 'profile' in our minds, but that 'profile' might not be accurate. "Man is one of few species that eats itself"
I would have expected something like this to happen in the US with all its 'bias' and malcontent as some people here claim. But it didn't and it hasn't! It always seems to be the reverse! What leaves me scratching my ass is that this happened in New Zealand! It has some of the toughest gun restrictions in the world! How was a person like this able to get a gun when laws forbid it? He should have obeyed the law! But it comes down to the explanation that my father gave me when I saw the bumper sticker when I was 11 years old that said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!"

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »
Robert angel said: I would have expected something like this to happen in the US with all its 'bias' and malcontent as some people here claim. But it didn't and it hasn't! It always seems to be the reverse! What leaves me scratching my ass is that this happened in New Zealand! It has some of the toughest gun restrictions in the world! How was a person like this able to get a gun when laws forbid it? He should have obeyed the law! But it comes down to the explanation that my father gave me when I saw the bumper sticker when I was 11 years old that said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!"

It hasn't happened in the US? Stephen Packer killed 58 people in Las Vegas on October 1, 2017. Of course no one knows what his motivations were. As for murders motivated by ethnic hatred in the US, there are numerous incidents none of them at the level of the New Zealand massacre. Just give it time - eventually the US will devolve into civil war along regional and ethnic lines.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »
Robert angel said: I would have expected something like this to happen in the US with all its 'bias' and malcontent as some people here claim. But it didn't and it hasn't! It always seems to be the reverse! What leaves me scratching my ass is that this happened in New Zealand! It has some of the toughest gun restrictions in the world! How was a person like this able to get a gun when laws forbid it? He should have obeyed the law! But it comes down to the explanation that my father gave me when I saw the bumper sticker when I was 11 years old that said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!"

What rock have you been under? Just about every week, we have another mass shooting in the USA, 4,5 people, maybe a dozen, but they're alarmingly common, much more frequent than in the past.

No 'gun control' in the context of not letting people have guns, no, that's not the solution, because it still boils down to: "The only thing that's going to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good person with a gun."

It's like saying my wife and I should stop our Tues. &   Thurs. night Karate classes, to reduce fighting.

Stephen Paddock, (spelling correct) was a 64 y/o, retired postal worker/accountant. They recently closed the investigation as to his motivation. Basically they had no idea why he did what he did.Oddly, that's not as odd as you might think.

But we're seeing a lot more people who, when you read their background, don't seem to fit any pat and dry profile of the 'person likely to go on a murderous rapange, killing total strangers.". But something,  and it's not the water, 'something' we don't exactly know, is causing this.

Most of these shootings are done by white men who have economic options-- they are usually not guys at the end of a long string of awful events that result in them snapping. A lot are by teens and young guys with educations.

My petite wife can take my full size, competition match grade 45 caliber 45 and from 25 yards, make small groups of shots in the paper head, switch to a tiny (12 ounce) 380 semi auto, to our Glocks in several calibers to shooting an air weight S&W revolver, shooting brisk, snappy 38P loads.

She can fish too.

We need more women like her. Her shooting skills, her grace, fluidity, never erring 'organization' how she loads, places magazines, stands, breathes and shoots, is a sight to behold.

Our Karate instructor is a retired  (after 40 years) Polica Chief, ex Military officer, one of the most respected law enforcement in the USA, gentleman, who trains people in multiple tactical solutions, trains metro swat teams, etc, etc.

He says the best thing we can do when, as a private citizen we're in an event where being attacked is unavoidable,  is to strike 1st, hurt/startle/disable the attacker just long enough get the hell out of the environment.

The graveyards are too full of 'heroes' already

But 'gun control' ---that's a very nebulous term. No matter how much we restrict access, create more paperwork,  do more pre buy screenings (which personally,  I think is a good idea) even if you try and BAN guns outright, bad guys, some with, others without jobs, and yes, those non descript, typically white, middle class males, as well as psychos, ghetto gangsters and others, will continue to be able to get guns.

Those in the working middle class out of the groups mentioned, would likely have the hardest time. They, in their homes, shopping centers and houses of religious worship, they, making up the bulk of our population,  will be increasingly the victims of unjust killings by licensed and unlicensed firearms.

Depending on the 'gun control' it may (it could) make it  harder for many Americans,  busy working their 9 to 5s, tending to their families and more, to legally obtain guns and protect their own lives and country, as I believe our founding fathers and 2nd amendment rights intended.

W.S., I'm afraid you really shot yourself in the foot on that post and that half an hour of online research into the prevalence of mass killings (4 or more victims) in the USA, and the perpetrators,  would do you good.

You probably 'pulled the trigger' too fast, hitting that 'send' button,  without  the 'safety switch' ('modifiy post' function) engaged, used.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:41:16 PM by robert angel »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 06:44:51 PM »
Robert angel said:
W.S., I'm afraid you really shot yourself in the foot on that post and that half an hour of online research into the prevalence of mass killings (4 or more victims) in the USA, and the perpetrators,  would do you good.

You probably 'pulled the trigger' too fast, hitting that 'send' button,  without  the 'safety switch' ('modifiy post' function) engaged, used.
You and UC completely missed the point! That being that there has been NO attacks on any Muslim mosques or institutions since 9/11 in the US! Now if you want to look at Jewish Synagogues, or even Christian and Southern Black Churches, its been rife on them. But the only 'attack' against a Muslim institution has been when people complained about a 'recreation center' being used a block away from the World Trade Center.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »
Robert angel said:You and UC completely missed the point! That being that there has been NO attacks on any Muslim mosques or institutions since 9/11 in the US! Now if you want to look at Jewish Synagogues, or even Christian and Southern Black Churches, its been rife on them. But the only 'attack' against a Muslim institution has been when people complained about a 'recreation center' being used a block away from the World Trade Center.

I probably shouldn't waste time, but this was the very 1st thing that came up (wikipedia) so hey, 2 wasted minutes, tops:
In 2000, the FBI reported 28 hate crime incidents against Muslim.[43] By the end of 2001, the number of hate crimes rose to 481.[43] Although the FBI finds that the number of anti- Muslim hate crimes has decreased since 2001, the incidence rate is still five times as much their 2000 rate, suggesting that the stereotypes that negatively link Muslims, extremism, and terrorism are still pervasive.[44] Some scholars suggest that the spike in hate crimes against Muslims in a post- 9/11 political climate is not surprising because of the phenomenon known as "vicarious retribution".[45] This phenomenon explains how when one member of a visibly identifiable group acts aggressively towards members of an out group, then the aggressor will also indirectly harm his or her fellow in group member

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 07:46:22 PM »
Well Robert angel, open your eyes to this fact: There was 1 planned attack against a Muslim group that was sponsored by the Jewish Defense League. But it was foiled by FBI assets. Other than a few 'white-supremacist' incidents, the vast and overwhelming majority terrorism attacks in the US have been by Muslim extremists! Read the list here from 2000~November of 2018:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States
Now once again, the point I was trying to make and you still don't see it is that there has been no violent attacks against Muslim institutions as opposed to synogogues, churches, and I think one group labeled as 'Shikh'. With all the terroism created by Muslim extremists, you would think there would be more incidents like what we saw in NZ but it always seems the other way!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 08:31:12 PM »
Well Robert angel, open your eyes to this fact: There was 1 planned attack against a Muslim group that was sponsored by the Jewish Defense League. But it was foiled by FBI assets. Other than a few 'white-supremacist' incidents, the vast and overwhelming majority terrorism attacks in the US have been by Muslim extremists! Read the list here from 2000~November of 2018:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States
Now once again, the point I was trying to make and you still don't see it is that there has been no violent attacks against Muslim institutions as opposed to synogogues, churches, and I think one group labeled as 'Shikh'. With all the terroism created by Muslim extremists, you would think there would be more incidents like what we saw in NZ but it always seems the other way!
What a load of bull[snip]. They're all white males doing mass shootings. That MAGA hat cutting off the oxygen to your brain Wildstubby?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »
What a load of bull[snip]. They're all white males doing mass shootings. That MAGA hat cutting off the oxygen to your brain Wildstubby?

Trying not to get too juvenile, (some of us remember 'the bad old days' here) but I was starting to wonder if the only 'point' was tippy top his head, LOL...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »
You can go fück yourself a$$hole(s)! It no wonder nobody wants to come in here because of jackoffs like you want to troll all the time. Stuff it where the sun don't shine and pills can't reach!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »
You can go fück yourself a$$hole(s)! It no wonder nobody wants to come in here because of jackoffs like you want to troll all the time. Stuff it where the sun don't shine and pills can't reach!
Are you drinking?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 10:09:49 PM »
Are you drinking?
I think I (purposely) hit the white privilege nerve. I knew he'd blow his stack given the way he was responding to UC...and it sure does liven things up here.  .After 8 years on this forum,  I never take this stuff personally....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 10:56:43 PM »
I think I (purposely) hit the white privilege nerve. I knew he'd blow his stack given the way he was responding to UC...and it sure does liven things up here.  .After 8 years on this forum,  I never take this stuff personally....

I suppose I'd be pissed too, if guys were pretty unanimous in saying my plans to marry into the situation I put forth were ill advised. That went down on W.S.and he didn't like it. But he kept coming back. Some steam probably built up there. But leave it to bad old politics to really blow the top off a pot....

I wouldn't put something like that out for public opinion, at least not here repeatedly, knowing prevailing thought, the 'logic' here.

Few of us here tend to be 'straight line' follow the dots, kinda guys. More like self centered, lone wolves, even narcissistic individuals.

Ironically, U.C. and W.S. seem to be more of the same mindset on marrying a woman with kids. I have mentioned that I once considered it when I liked a particular woman who had a son about the same age as my sons. I still think the act of raising a child into a better life is noble, despite potential problems.

I think U.C.'s pissed at the way he feels life's changed in the USA for his family and of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. It's as real as rain for him--I mean, why would he lie?

But I think to an extent, W.S., more than just appropriately stating his own opinion, his 'patriotism' if you will, 'baited' U.C., who (IMO) admirably really didn't lower himself and take the bait in the way some of us would've.

And W.S. just flew off the handle, as we're seeing more of lately.
Could be a bad day, too much to drink, maybe it's just the way he is--'what ever'....We all get unhinged occasionally,  I suppose.

But like I've said, I might not like you or your opinion, but I'll stand up for your right to say it, and right here in the USA.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 06:38:23 AM »
Why the hell was this (of all subjects) brough up on this Forum?

It was a terrible thing that happened and shouldnt be taken lightly and  should not be discussed on Forums like this.

I thought it was called "Planet Love" not "Planet Hate"

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
Why the hell was this (of all subjects) brough up on this Forum?

It was a terrible thing that happened and shouldnt be taken lightly and  should not be discussed on Forums like this.

I thought it was called "Planet Love" not "Planet Hate"

Not that thread posts stay on topic on subject specified threads, but this was/is under the "General Discussion" subject.

Besides, this site was intended to foster "spirited discourse "

But hateful, obscenity laden opinion? No. That's where, when a moderator is needed. Fortunately one hasn't been needed in a while.

But this site has never been, nor was it meant to be 'just' about chasing women overseas.

Besides, NOT discussing tragedies like this does zero for understanding and hopefully preventing them. Something has to change in the other direction.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:01:07 AM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »
Not that thread posts stay on topic on subject specified threads, but this was/is under the "General Discussion" subject.

Besides, this site was intended to foster "spirited discourse "

But hateful, obscenity laden opinion? No. That's where, when a moderator is needed. Fortunately one hasn't been needed in a while.

But this site has never been, nor was it meant to be 'just' about chasing women overseas.

Besides, NOT discussing tragedies like this does zero for understanding and hopefully preventing them. Something has to change in the other direction.
Flame wars are nothing new. This one is very tame in my opinion.  In the past they got personal....

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 05:55:18 PM »
Flame wars are nothing new. This one is very tame in my opinion.  In the past they got personal....
I think insulting a guy's wife is the one line that definitely shouldn't be crossed here...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 09:34:47 PM »
Yes, that's the line. Someone takes a cheap shot at my wife, and I'll go to extreme lengths in response. This is not as secure a website as we'd like to think.  It's a pain, but by enlisting some specialized outside 'expertise', we're all 'findable.'

Pic taken earlier today. Great day for the Irish!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 09:34:47 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
heres what happened.  its in spanish, but good detail of what happened ,

medellin, wrong place, wrong time, sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=F-HZLwH2tVA

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »
heres what happened.  its in spanish, but good detail of what happened ,

medellin, wrong place, wrong time, sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=F-HZLwH2tVA

Shame, sounds like he was a nice young man, USA (Atlanta) raised, college grad. But probably a higher chance of us meeting a violent death in USA than winning the Powerball lottery.

"""Legarda grew up in the metro Atlanta area and graduated from Georgia State University with a business degree. He would often perform at the Plaza Fiesta in Chamblee in front of thousands.

Legarda was on the brink of stardom with Sony Records.

"So young, he was 29 years old. With a long life ahead of him and his career was just starting,"

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 267