It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Possible bone-headed mistake... One or two?  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Possible bone-headed mistake... One or two?
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
I signed up for LAC, and used a separate email account.  I thought that it might be a good way, to  help avoid any potential problems.  After this, I started communicating with some of the women using their service. One of the women I was chatting with asked me to communicate with her via email and sent me her address.  So i agreed and sent her an email using the seperate account. Possible mistake #2?

Now for mistake #1 - After I sent her the email, I happened to glance at the details of my email address and guess what, there was my full name first and last. I immediately changed the last name.

Then came a couple of possible red flags. First off, her reply to my email was lengthy and seemed genuine except that she stated that she was in the UK studying while her profile said she was from Brazil. Ok, I can understand that, I guess, but it kinda sat wrong with me.

The second red flag,  and the one I consider might be the biggest, is that her profile is already gone from LAC.

I've read enough here, to know I probably goofed it up by sharing my full name in setting up that email. Now, I wonder if I should just drop her,  move on, and delete that email address for a new one.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. - Socrates

Offline ag1987

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Possible bone-headed mistake... One or two?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 02:30:36 PM »
I haven't used LAC, but my recommendation would be that anyone you meet online and start chatting with, if they meet enough of the "non-negotiables" you desire by reading their profile answers (e.g. children/no children, smoker, etc.), then ask to move conversation to Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, etc. You can quickly filter out any fakes before you become emotionally invested. You don't want a pen pal on e-mail. You can make an e-mail that you use for the dating sites. Probably a good idea so you do not get too much spam in your personal that you use daily.

With that being said, be clear if you aren't able to meet them in person for ___ months due to X, Y, Z. Women would likely move on quickly as they likely aren't looking for a "keyboard Romeo", either. I'd imagine plenty of guys chat women up promising them the world and then never get on a plane. It makes it only harder for those who follow...I have even heard of ridiculous examples of men whom have asked the woman to pay for the airfare...

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »
Dont be paranoid no.mistake..if someone sends you junk mail just send it to spam..I get all kinds of crap there but she sounds like a flake although sometimes genuine women have crap in their profile..

But her being in London does you no good.Just tell her that. DONT waste time.

Ir you are going to BAQ concentrate on women in BAQ and send them.the mesage first
 Just delete  all.other unsolicited mensajes.Dont waste your time.That is the big mistake you made.Why would hoy be interesed in someone in London or Brasil?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:37:17 PM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »
Did she say, or make it sound like she was communicating with you FROM Brazil? If a foreigner is in the UK, they'd almost always be all about telling you that right up front. Otherwise, that'd be a big red flag. Did she say she was getting OFF the LAC site to become exclusive with you? Anywhich way, it sounds weird. .....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
Thank you, Elexpatriado. I wasn't trying to be paranoid, I promise. I just am not that good with computers so I was worried that someone could use m just my name to cause me problems.

I don't want to go to London and I will tell her that shortly.

And yes,  I really do need to concentrate on BAQ, for now.

No, robert angel, she was up front about being in London.  I don't know why she canceled her profile. I'm probably just being too cautious,  but a lot of posts have stated that we should trust our guts. So far no one mentioned anything about being exclusive.

Like I said,  I probably am being too cautious,  but I do want to find someone to marry. The right one, or at least the one who won't do me dirty.
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. - Socrates

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
While it would be easy to post specific stories, I decided to just post the URL from the Internet Wayback Machine to the old Colombiahelp. com blog. The admin there wrote about many of his experiences there, (I also have a story or 2 there myself). But it is good reading for anyone going to either date or visit in Colombia. Plenty of expectations in the tea (coca?) leaves.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160330184123/http://colombiahelp.com:80/dating-2/dating-in-colombia/

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 09:50:38 PM »
I always used the nickname: Wealthy Big Penis. Just in case her English was sketchy.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 04:06:58 AM »
Awesome nickname. I bet you attract a few with that alone.

I decided to keep the address. I emailed her back and told her that England was too far from me,  but I would be willing to stay in friendly contact if she wanted to. I didn't want to burn any bridges until it became necessary.

Thank you all for the input.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 07:49:33 AM »
Awesome nickname. I bet you attract a few with that alone.

I decided to keep the address. I emailed her back and told her that England was too far from me,  but I would be willing to stay in friendly contact if she wanted to. I didn't want to burn any bridges until it became necessary.

Thank you all for the input.

That is a good approach but keep in mind once you consider women outside your own country your options are multiplied exponentially. When I realized this I became really picky. Unless there is something very special about this woman I would not worry about burning bridges. Just my 2 cents.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
That is a good approach but keep in mind once you consider women outside your own country your options are multiplied exponentially. When I realized this I became really picky. Unless there is something very special about this woman I would not worry about burning bridges. Just my 2 cents.

Yep..  you will forgot her in a very short time.

Keep in mind a lot of these women would have no problem wasting your time and "ghosting" you if there is no immediate benifits for them.

For all you know she has a British husband and getting bored and you are one of her several.prospects in her "monkey branching"  program.

Forget your "Nice Guy"programing. You should be the one reading Calipros books. For a guy like WS its way  too late , it will only confuse him.

Colombian women are guilty until.proven.innocent.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 11:56:11 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
Yep..  you will forgot her in a very short time.

Keep in mind a lot of these women would have no problem wasting your time and "ghosting" you if there is no immediate benifits for them.

For all you know she has a British husband and getting bored and you are one of her several.prospects in her "monkey branching"  program.

Forget your "Nice Guy"programing. You should be the one reading Calipros books. For a guy like WS its way  too late , it will only confuse him.

Colombian women are guilty until.proven.innocent.

Calipro has books?

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 12:51:21 PM »
Ok. I'll try to remember to get over the 'Nice Guy' programming. It's deeply ingrained though.

I am reading The Rational Male. It makes a lot of sense, and even though I'm only about 1/3 through it, I can already see it describing a lot of my past relationships. It has shown me concepts of social programming that I never realized existed.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »
Ok. I'll try to remember to get over the 'Nice Guy' programming. It's deeply ingrained though.

I am reading The Rational Male. It makes a lot of sense, and even though I'm only about 1/3 through it, I can already see it describing a lot of my past relationships. It has shown me concepts of social programming that I never realized existed.

It is good that you are looking into the way societies look at masculinity. Different cultures see it in different ways. To me this is just window dressing. Real and true masculinity comes from biology. I do not see how any man from an overly feminized culture could ever survive a relationship with a latina. With a latina a man has to have a spine otherwise he gets chewed up and spit out.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 08:54:47 AM »
It is good that you are looking into the way societies look at masculinity. Different cultures see it in different ways. To me this is just window dressing. Real and true masculinity comes from biology. I do not see how any man from an overly feminized culture could ever survive a relationship with a latina. With a latina a man has to have a spine otherwise he gets chewed up and spit out.

Thats an understatement..but also a generalization..not all Latinas are cut from the same cloth..

If being a nice guy is having compassion, morals and ethics..well..sometimes its better to just be a nice guy..and part ways with someone who has a different outlook on life ....as early as possible..you cant fix "broke"

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »
Thanks again, everyone. This is all very new to me, and a learning process for sure. However, it's a process that I intend to take part in. It's time I stood up for myself, and make a few decisions based on my likes, wants,  and needs instead of just doing what I'm told.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »

You have to be pretty ruthless. My wife hears the word No a lot more often than she hears the word Yes. Nevertheless she is always happy when i give her $50 to go play bingo.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
Once she loses respect for you, you're toast. And you're not getting it back.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »

It works both ways...

Offline Isthis4me

• Howdy, all.
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »
I learned the hard way about her losing respect, and then I fell into the pattern of trying to get it back, for years, with no luck. She had the power, at that point, and would usé that against me whenever she would be on the wrong side of a disagreement.

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 05:24:31 AM »
Isthis4me said:
I learned the hard way about her losing respect, and then I fell into the pattern of trying to get it back, for years, with no luck. She had the power, at that point, and would usé that against me whenever she would be on the wrong side of a disagreement.
Chalk it up as lesson learned. One thing to remember, especially about Colombia: there are plenty out there that can satisfy the 'eye'. Its subject to conjecture how many are out there that fit the rest of the criteria you desire! Very rarely do you find one that you can check-off all the boxes. Which ones you can do without and what criteria you bring for her are all part of the mix.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 06:01:41 AM »
And screw it when something goes wrong and she puts out an 'ultimatum'---if you give in, that's just the start of a slide down a long, slick slope, coated with chili oil.

I occasionally give ultimatums,  but 99.9 % of the time, a simple "NO" is OK. Besides, she asks permission for almost everything--having lunch out during the week with coworkers, getting together with girlfriends,  even before going to the supermarket.

I am not saying that some compromise, isn't occasionally necessary in most relationships--when I see something I'm doing is really making her unhappy for longer than usual, or she really wants something nice for the home, I occasionally change things up.

But when I married her, she--'we' knew that she was most comfortable with me calling the shots, although she's far from being a stupid robot.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »

Dont understand...you were never married or with kids right? So you had no legal or moral obligation to stick it out.

Why take years of abuse..just for the sake of a littlle..pu$$y..? Better to stay celibate

or maybe she had you manipulated so bad you were brainwashed..

Being alone, dieing alone ..with pride, like a man , is better than being an abused,  whipped  soy boy for years on end

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »

Thats an understatement..but also a generalization..not all Latinas are cut from the same cloth..

If being a nice guy is having compassion, morals and ethics..well..sometimes its better to just be a nice guy..and part ways with someone who has a different outlook on life ....as early as possible..you cant fix "broke"

What else do we have but "generalizations"? It goes without saying that not all latinas are the same.

A man can have compassion,  morals, ethics, etc...and still be a man. US society is toxic for men. I stopped buying into what pop culture preaches. I pretty much think it has became ridiculous. The wussy-fication of men is at an all time high.

If you are a "nice guy" you will get eaten alive by a latina. I stand by that statement.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »
Thanks again, everyone. This is all very new to me, and a learning process for sure. However, it's a process that I intend to take part in. It's time I stood up for myself, and make a few decisions based on my likes, wants,  and needs instead of just doing what I'm told.

That is a good path to take.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 08:56:07 AM »

You are 100% correct. Being capable and competent goes a long way.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300