It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Wild drunk night in medallo whew!!  (Read 22330 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Wild drunk night in medallo whew!!
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
Benjio, there's always a spinning class ... or maybe the Supercola class that my wife took for awhile ... ;)

I've done spinning before in Houston. It's just like jogging to me. Looking for something a little more extreme. Not in terms of difficulty...a 45 minute spin class will kick anyone's ass. But something more intense in terms of a full body metabolic disruption. There are workouts you get finished with and you're tired. And there are those where you can hardly move afterwards. You have to go to the locker room in the gym and sit a little while to wait for the endorphins to wear off. Looking for the latter. They have boot camps in Rio they do along the beach but I'm not in good enough shape yet. That's where I'm headed though.

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
Benjio do they have something like 24 hr fitness down there in brazil?  24 hr fitness has a whole of range of classes they offer.  P90x class, zumba, spinning, various level aerobics, water aerobics in the pool, you name it.

Back to boxing, the "cold war" is supposedly coming to a close between golden boy and bob arum.  But as a result of that richard shaeffer quit as ceo of golden boy because of his hatred of bob arum, and floyd mayweather has officially severed all ties with golden boy.  It's like a freaking soap opera all the politics that go on in boxing.

Bob arum is a hell of a businessman, and manipulator.  His main trick is whenever it's time for a big money fight he always throws in one of his multi-year contract extensions into the deal when it's time for the fighter to sign on the dotted line.  Poor pacquiao owes millions of back taxes to the us and phillipine governments.

A great upcoming fight is going to be canelo vs erislandy lara in july.  They're the top two jr middleweights in the world, not countying floyd who isn't a real jr middleweight.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »
Boxing is odd and not surprisingly, the guys who make the most money typically aren't the guys beating each other up. Or at the top earnings level, except for Mayweather, their riches usually came from other sources.

Did you know that wrestler Hulk Hogan turned down the George Foreman Grill that is by far the source of George's wealth--like to the tune of over 200 million? Or that George named all five of his sons "George Edward Foreman?

Or that Michael Buffer copyrighted "Let's get ready to rumble!!" and has made a 100 million from that you'd think rather common phrase alone? He's gotten up to a million dollars to say it ONCE a few times and made 400 million from various license/trademark deals!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-boxers/michael-buffer-net-worth/
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/list/top-50-richest-boxers/
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »

Offline benjio

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2014, 08:21:22 AM »
Benjio do they have something like 24 hr fitness down there in brazil?  24 hr fitness has a whole of range of classes they offer.  P90x class, zumba, spinning, various level aerobics, water aerobics in the pool, you name it.

Yes they do. There are two huge gym chains in Brazil. The monthly fees for both start at around $350 USD. I'm not exaggerating about that either. Most gyms in Rio are independent, smaller places. 5-10 treadmills, 3-5 Ellipticals, a few resistance machines and a bunch of free weights. It's very rare that these types of places even have a sauna. Those are usually around $150-$200 per month. When I first started coming to Rio for work the hotels I stayed in didn't have gyms, but they made deals with gyms that were close to them so guests could work out free. For some reason that is now illegal in the State of Rio de Janeiro. 

Offline Awesome

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »

Yes they do. There are two huge gym chains in Brazil. The monthly fees for both start at around $350 USD. I'm not exaggerating about that either. Most gyms in Rio are independent, smaller places. 5-10 treadmills, 3-5 Ellipticals, a few resistance machines and a bunch of free weights. It's very rare that these types of places even have a sauna. Those are usually around $150-$200 per month. When I first started coming to Rio for work the hotels I stayed in didn't have gyms, but they made deals with gyms that were close to them so guests could work out free. For some reason that is now illegal in the State of Rio de Janeiro. 

$350 a month for a gym membership?  I'm sorry but I can't believe that.  I thought $90usd was alot in mexico and I pay $10 a month here in texas for my membership to fitness connection which is as good of a gym as you're going to find anywhere.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
$350 a month for a gym membership?  I'm sorry but I can't believe that.  I thought $90usd was alot in mexico and I pay $10 a month here in texas for my membership to fitness connection which is as good of a gym as you're going to find anywhere.

Holy sheepsh*t I guess you're not exaggerating benjio.  I just found this.  http://brazilideas.quora.com/Fitness-First-Style-Gyms-at-Sensible-Prices

Hell I think I just found my million dollar business idea.  Open a gym in brazil and charge outrageous prices for the membership.  How could I go wrong?

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »

Holy sheepsh*t I guess you're not exaggerating benjio.  I just found this.  http://brazilideas.quora.com/Fitness-First-Style-Gyms-at-Sensible-Prices

Hell I think I just found my million dollar business idea.  Open a gym in brazil and charge outrageous prices for the membership.  How could I go wrong?
fill it with buttblaster machines and you'll have Brasileiras knocking down the doors to pay their membership...

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
Kudos Awesome, this thread about something you never did.....is still going. You're a true ninja

Offline Awesome

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2014, 09:52:11 PM »
Kudos Awesome, this thread about something you never did.....is still going. You're a true ninja

Well if you liked the medallo and cali stories I made up wait until you see the fictional adventure stories I come up with about venezuela.  You're going to have to wait until august for that though. I'm going deep under cover on this one.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »

Been to Cali, overrated imo. I'm the wrong guy to try to trick. However I can't what to see Wild drunk night in Caracas whew!!

Well if you liked the medallo and cali stories I made up wait until you see the fictional adventure stories I come up with about venezuela.  You're going to have to wait until august for that though. I'm going deep under cover on this one.

Offline benjio

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »
How could I go wrong?

F%cking all your hot female members and giving them free memberships.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:03:15 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:42 PM »

Awesome, interesting that the reason you have no photos--not a single one, from your multiple smart phones that you said you brought on your trip--none of any of your wild and crazy adventures --not a single scene or person-> You said that only females take pictures. Maybe not a lot, but I bet just about every guy here who travels abroad takes at least a few. Hmmm....

Having an unlimited data package on your smart phones as you described is amazing too. I have always found bringing a phone from the states and using even a small data package is ridiculously expensive. I typically buy a pawn shop phone, get a sim card and save $100's of dollars, then resell or give away the phone when I leave.

So how's training for your big boxing match going? I thought it was supposed to have occurred already!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Awesome

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
Awesome, interesting that the reason you have no photos--not a single one, from your multiple smart phones that you said you brought on your trip--none of any of your wild and crazy adventures --not a single scene or person-> You said that only females take pictures. Maybe not a lot, but I bet just about every guy here who travels abroad takes at least a few. Hmmm....

Having an unlimited data package on your smart phones as you described is amazing too. I have always found bringing a phone from the states and using even a small data package is ridiculously expensive. I typically buy a pawn shop phone, get a sim card and save $100's of dollars, then resell or give away the phone when I leave.

So how's training for your big boxing match going? I thought it was supposed to have occurred already!

Why RA?  Why do I have to constantly correct you?  I never said "ONLY girls take photos".  I never said "I had an UNLIMITED  data plan".

And I guess my training didn't go so great.  The fight was a draw.  3 one minute rounds.  My stamina wasn't what I thought it would be.  I did ok but I expected to do better.  We're doing a rematch next saturday and I plan on doing alot better.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats