It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Cali, Colombia & Guayaquil, Ecuador Dec 19 ~ Jan  (Read 3844 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Cali, Colombia & Guayaquil, Ecuador Dec 19 ~ Jan
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
These opinions are solely my own and based on my experiences while traveling out and about. I'm 6'2, black, athletic build. I enjoy a bunch of random things and have a pretty open mind for new experiences. I

[EDIT] I don't internet date, its more or less a waste of time. The internet just seems like a way for women who can't / don't attract guys in real life to get the attention fix they want. I avoid it

Women: Cali, Colombia
The women in Colombia are some head turners but not all of them are gorgeous as some men hype them up to be. The one thing that appealed to me the most about Colombian women was the booty and they have nice bodies. On the flip side w/ Colombian women you see them from behind and your happy then you see them from the front and its tragedy. I think Cali, Colombian women seemed a bit colder than what I was expecting but I think there is a lot of money in this particular city and that kind of makes a difference imo. I did pull out an outing w/ this lady she was nice but I think she only wanted attention. Its going to happen sometimes though. I got some eye contact but I'm simply not ballsy enough to stop a lady with my crappy Spanish walking in the opposite direction and try to get here to chill w/ me sometime. I did talk another lady at the bar, I think I could have gotten her but her friend kept bugging her to stop talking and talk to her. Again though, my Spanish in a salsa bar isn't going to be good enough period. I'm simply unable to comprehend and compose Spanish with Salsa blaring in my ear.

Cost of Living, Culture and Atmosphere: Cali, Colombia
As stated before I think there is a lot of money in Cali and I found the cost of living more or less comparable to stuff that I pay for in Dallas. As a rough estimate, If a meal was 22,000 pesos I'd lob off the 0's and divide by 2 and add a couple bucks. So this meal would cost around 14 ~ 15 bucks. To me it seemed on par with what I would pay for the same meal here. Alcohol is pretty inexpensive and to go out and get bottle service was only around 60 at the Viejo Barril on Aviende 6. I found the people really warm and accommodating. There I was eating desayuno at a Kuty when it started pouring ran. There was old black lady trying to sell candy and one of servers offered her a table to get out of the rain until it stopped. That'll never happen here. Cali, Colombia is pretty chill place to be but I'm not sure If I'd really want to go back. Maybe Medellin next time.

Women: Guayaquil, Ecuador
I personally actually really like the women here in General I find (more on this later). There are plenty of beautiful women here walking up and down the Malecon. Just like any country it has it's fair share of not so good looking women. I'm not saying its perfect but for my needs and wants it fits perfectly. The women here are pretty down to earth and easy going. Even the women that are prettier than avg have a pretty chill mindset. Although I did run into some questionable women. I met these 2 while eating and drinking beer, I don't think they were prostitutes but definitely gold diggers. I met another women at the hotel I was at she was real pretty her bottom teeth were jacked up but she had braces so I'll cut her some slack. I had set up something w/ another chick a few days later but cancelled as she seemed aloof and not super interested so I bailed on that one. Then I met this other chick while getting beers. Really pretty she literally stopped what she was doing and stared me down. I got her and her friends. I tried to setup a same day meet up because it was last day in country but I wasn't able to pull out a same day date. Overall I met roughly I new chick every 2~3 days

Cost of Living, Culture and Atmosphere: Guayaquil, Ecuador
The cost of living here is what I'd like and expect. I can get some great pollo y arroz for 1.25 and great a Club or pilsner for 1.25 and that's the rip of rate at the Malecon just chilling out. The people in general didn't seem as warm as in Cali but comparing the 2 cities I think is like comparing apples and oranges though. GYE is a bit dirtier but GYE is a far bigger city. During the day you can walk about and find small nich markets selling random things. I happen to stumble on one before New Years and bought an ano viejo or the worlds worst smurf. I never felt threatened even walking around at night. I'm 6'2 roughly 210 and dark skinned. So luckily l just looked like a tall Latino. In fact the only time I had hard time when I started hanging out w/ the 2 guys from England but by myself everything was fine.

Cali, Colombia or GYE, Ecuador?

I think it's just plain hard to talk to women in El Centro in both Countries and if that's what you want to do just avoid it, It's FAR to hectic. Now If you're reading this and you can't make up your mind as to whether or not you'd like to go to one or the other? The answer is simple. What are your preferences? If you like women that have more of an European look, Colombia might be your best bet. That's not to say Ecuador doesn't have women with that look, perhaps Cuenca or Quito but Colombia for sure. Or if your idea is more of the brown skinned woman then Ecuador might be a better choice over Colombia. Either why it comes down to personal preference and what you want. If you're a man and reading this and you want to Co or Ec thinking that the roads are paved w/ easy women, you'd be setting yourself up for failure. If you're unable to talk to women in your home country chances are you won't be able to do it there either. I don't P4P or Monger, I only focus on meeting and talking to quality women ONLY. The women will give you looks but if you can't act on it you will still miss out. Hell even missed out on beauty who stared me down walking my direction, its just not my strongest point. These women will not approach you. If your a white guy, you might get some woman that'll talk to you simply for status or money but in the end neither one of you will get what you want. You'll have to speak some Spanish, neither women from either country speak a lot of English. If she did speak fluent Spanish honestlyI'd be a bit wearied

Both countries are great and I've really enjoyed the food, women and culture regardless. I hope this helps some one out. Any questions feel free and ask.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:13:28 PM by kai #2 »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Re: Cali, Colombia & Guayaquil, Ecuador Dec 19 ~ Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »
Hey Kai,
were you talking to women in Cali and GYE via LatinAmericanCupid or a site like that before you went over? Would potentially make things easier I think...

Offline kai #2

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »
No, I visited both cities. Internet dating isn't for me. I don't mind going out and meeting women. Also, this way I don't have to waste my time w/ women I'm not interested in and I can control the women i do interact with

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
No, I visited both cities. Internet dating isn't for me. I don't mind going out and meeting women. Also, this way I don't have to waste my time w/ women I'm not interested in and I can control the women i do interact with

Hey Kai: Thanks for the report! Good to get your thoughts on both places.

Yes, I am with you on internet dating. Taking nothing away from the guys on PL who've had success that way. I just find it so much preferable to meet a girl in person and take it from there. Having said that I still look around from time to time on LAC and CC because I figure one day I may find that needle in a haystack.

Offline the_ace33

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:00:35 PM »
I tried the cold approach method in Barranquilla which was somewhat successful but mostly with party type girls,  In costa rica I did it aswell again with little success at making a real connection,  I think it is all a crap shoot but with internet dating it is a lot more comfortable and you get to learn a lot more but you have to be more interested in her as a person than what her body looks like exactly...  atleast u can get a decent idea with pics, height and weight... I would not discredit either method but I will say that many girls are just not comfortable with being approached,  they were taught not to talk to strangers or something.
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
I probably wouldn't try with subpar Spanish either, but my experience with the "cold approach" is different. You definitely have to know how to pick and choose your battles. Black and 6'2"? Mmmmm...Wardrobe and how you carry yourself can make all the difference but you probably would have scared the [snip] out of half of the women you approached in Cali. Believe me, I've been there. If you were blonde with blue eyes your luck would be much better if you bothered to try. Definitely a much easier proposition along the coast regardless of race. The people are much warmer and open to strangers. My approach (back when I was approaching) has actually never been what I'd consider "cold." If you're attracted to a woman you see out in public you have to "peep the scene" a little. I don't ever do the follow a girl walking through the mall or chase after her down the street sort of thing. It has to be a situation where a girl is having coffee or waiting on the bus. You also always need to verify that she's not waiting on some other guy..a boyfriend, brother, father...etc. Out in public, relaxed and nonconfrontational is ideal. Best way is to have an ice breaker ready..act lost, or ask her where's a good place to go dancing in the evenings. As much as guys here on the board make the assumption that just because a girl is out at a club she's a party girl; there are tons of occasions where you can meet women that are only at a club for a night because it's a friends birthday party or something like that. You just have to break into her circle of friends. If there's a guy with them...go for him first and try to make friendly. He can only be dating one of them. Groups of women are ideal because they will feel much more comfortable in numbers. The fact that you had the audacity to approach a girl while she's with a group of her friends can really work in your favor. It shows confidence and a willingness to take risks. Then again, you may be laughed at. It has happened to me before and didn't bother me in the least. IMHO embarrassment is the most controllable human emotion.

Most importantly you have to know how to read female body language. If you plan on approaching a woman try to make eye contact first. Her body is going to tell you whether or not she's ok with you coming over and introducing yourself. When you realize getting rejected often is inevitable and you get use to it the possibilities are endless. You're going to get some obvious lies, some fake numbers, etc. But who gives a [snip]?!! The rush is amazing and you never know what can happen once you've made contact. For me that was half the fun of it all. I'm a big fan of the 10% rule. Approach 10 beautiful women and something good is going to happen at least once. You may not hook up with her. You might just make a friend with a lot of other gorgeous friends. That has happened to me on numerous occasions in Colombia. I guess it isn't for some guys but it's always been well worth the risk to me.

Offline AndyLee

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
thanks for a good, informative trip report kal.

Unfortunately, in your case you are somewhat handicapped because you don't speak Spanish. So, exactly how do you plan to talk with these women? How do you know, if you can't talk to them, if they are ready, willing and able to have a conversation and a possible relationship with you?
Your comment that you meet a woman every two or three days is pretty telling, don't you think? How about if you could meet 20 women in 3 days, and these 20 women were already selected by you because they fit your criteria and they are ready, willing and able to have a relationship with you because they have already seen your pictures and profile?

I've heard your method of wandering the streets waiting for serendipity to strike called going it alone, free range prospecting, and cold approach. In essence the cold approach is you just walking the stacks hoping the right book will fall in your hand, compared to Internet dating or Agency dating where you are using the card catalog to zero in on the books you find attractive and who are actually ready, willing and able to have a relationship with a good man like you.
The big advantage to going it alone is that when you do see a woman you like walking through the mall or standing at the bus stop or wherever, you can instantly tell if you are attracted to her. Then, after striking up a conversation with her you can tell within minutes if she is likewise interested in you.
Keeping in mind that Latinas often will engage in a pleasant and even extended conversation with you even when they have no interest in you and even when they really don't like you. She may even give you her cell phone number, which further leads you on. But, in reality Latinas never answer the phone if they don't recognize the incoming number, so it's just another way for them to blow you off without being rude to you in person.
I overcome this potential problem by writing my cell phone number on her hand and asking her to call me later that day or in the evening if she's interested. It has a surprisingly good effect on these women because you give them the reins and let them steer the conversation. Sometimes they actually do call me, which always surprises me. I find it somewhat delightful.
With the cold approach you are handicapped big time if you don't speak her language or she speak yours. At least with Internet you can use google translator and with a good dating agency they will provide a translator. A quick note about google translator, you still have to have enough language skills to know if the translation is substantially correct. Google translator has an evil habit of leaving out important words, especially the word "no" in translations. For example, up until just recently in Google Translator the translation for I can and I cannot both come out as puede which means can.
A really big disadvantage to cold approach is that you don't have all the time in the world, you only have a few vacation days.
Men who live here full time and speak the language moderately well have an advantage, for sure. I've had several girl friends here in Colombia but only one of them was a result of cold approach. I was walking down a street and saw a gorgeous lady working in a store. I went in and bought a ball point pen and a journal, then introduced myself and started courting her. It took me two minutes to start a relationship that lasted three months. So, that was a good example of the cold approach. It has worked one time for me in four years of fairly frequent attempts. Sure, I've had a lot of first dates this way, but only once in four years did it develop into a relationship. The first date is usually taken up with asking all the questions that would have already been answered if I could have read her profile first.
In cold approach you begin by knowing only a few things about the woman. You know she is attractive to you, she's most likely your type, and at that particular moment in time she isn't standing beside a boyfriend or husband, or girlfriend. that's about all you really know about her.
What you don't know about the woman will take you a long time to figure out, and if you don't speak her language you may never figure her out because you can't ask her the questions.
Here's a list of things you don't know about this woman:
Does she have a boyfriend, husband, girlfriend?
Is she divorced, separated, widowed and how long?
Does she have kids, how many, are they boy or girl, what are their ages?
Who does she live with, how long has she lived there, does she share a bed with her mom, or her teen age son or daughter, does she like to cook, clean and keep herself organized?
Does she have a job, a career, an education?
Is she a prostitute? A prepago? An alcoholic? A drug addict? An axe murderer?
I think you get the drift. There are a lot of things you don't know about your cold approach prospect compared to reading her profile on a dating site or in a dating agency where you can see within 20 seconds if you are the least bit compatible with this girl and if she has most of the things you are looking for and if she is looking for someone like you.
I know the cold approach works for some guys, but for me it's just something I do only casually, like when I'm waiting for the bus or when I'm taking a walk through the city or if I'm at church or in a restaurant and an opportunity presents. It's not the method I would use to spend thousands of dollars to travel to a strange country, to a strange city, to a strange culture, (where I don't speak the language) and try to meet a good woman. But hey, that's just me. I have the ultimate advantage, yes? I live here 8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:39:51 AM by AndyLee, Reason: correct attracted to attractive »
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline kai #2

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 08:53:35 AM »
I probably wouldn't try with subpar Spanish either, but my experience with the "cold approach" is different. You definitely have to know how to pick and choose your battles. Black and 6'2"? Mmmmm...Wardrobe and how you carry yourself can make all the difference but you probably would have scared the [snip] out of half of the women you approached in Cali. Believe me, I've been there. If you were blonde with blue eyes your luck would be much better if you bothered to try. Definitely a much easier proposition along the coast regardless of race. The people are much warmer and open to strangers. My approach (back when I was approaching) has actually never been what I'd consider "cold." If you're attracted to a woman you see out in public you have to "peep the scene" a little. I don't ever do the follow a girl walking through the mall or chase after her down the street sort of thing. It has to be a situation where a girl is having coffee or waiting on the bus. You also always need to verify that she's not waiting on some other guy..a boyfriend, brother, father...etc. Out in public, relaxed and nonconfrontational is ideal. Best way is to have an ice breaker ready..act lost, or ask her where's a good place to go dancing in the evenings. As much as guys here on the board make the assumption that just because a girl is out at a club she's a party girl; there are tons of occasions where you can meet women that are only at a club for a night because it's a friends birthday party or something like that. You just have to break into her circle of friends. If there's a guy with them...go for him first and try to make friendly. He can only be dating one of them. Groups of women are ideal because they will feel much more comfortable in numbers. The fact that you had the audacity to approach a girl while she's with a group of her friends can really work in your favor. It shows confidence and a willingness to take risks. Then again, you may be laughed at. It has happened to me before and didn't bother me in the least. IMHO embarrassment is the most controllable human emotion.

Most importantly you have to know how to read female body language. If you plan on approaching a woman try to make eye contact first. Her body is going to tell you whether or not she's ok with you coming over and introducing yourself. When you realize getting rejected often is inevitable and you get use to it the possibilities are endless. You're going to get some obvious lies, some fake numbers, etc. But who gives a [snip]?!! The rush is amazing and you never know what can happen once you've made contact. For me that was half the fun of it all. I'm a big fan of the 10% rule. Approach 10 beautiful women and something good is going to happen at least once. You may not hook up with her. You might just make a friend with a lot of other gorgeous friends. That has happened to me on numerous occasions in Colombia. I guess it isn't for some guys but it's always been well worth the risk to me.

This is more of what I do. I found a spot and I would just hang out there. Catch some eye contact or if some lady was sitting down I'd strike up a conversation. Although I did miss out on one for not having the balls to talk to her passing by. Its going to happen some time. My view is more or less the same as your. At my size an stature approaching like that on the street seems hard with out coming off as scary so I didn't do much of it, unless it was glaringly obvious she was interested.

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
These opinions are solely my own and based on my experiences while traveling out and about. I'm 6'2, black, athletic build. I enjoy a bunch of random things and have a pretty open mind for new experiences. I

[EDIT] I don't internet date, its more or less a waste of time. The internet just seems like a way for women who can't / don't attract guys in real life to get the attention fix they want. I avoid it

The women in Colombia are some head turners but not all of them are gorgeous as some men hype them up to be. The one thing that appealed to me the most about Colombian women was the booty and they have nice bodies. On the flip side w/ Colombian women you see them from behind and your happy then you see them from the front and its tragedy. I think Cali, Colombian women seemed a bit colder than what I was expecting but I think there is a lot of money in this particular city and that kind of makes a difference imo. I did pull out an outing w/ this lady she was nice but I think she only wanted attention. Its going to happen sometimes though. I got some eye contact but I'm simply not ballsy enough to stop a lady with my crappy Spanish walking in the opposite direction and try to get here to chill w/ me sometime. I did talk another lady at the bar, I think I could have gotten her but her friend kept bugging her to stop talking and talk to her. Again though, my Spanish in a salsa bar isn't going to be good enough period. I'm simply unable to comprehend and compose Spanish with Salsa blaring in my ear.

Cost of Living, Culture and Atmosphere: Cali, Colombia
As stated before I think there is a lot of money in Cali and I found the cost of living more or less comparable to stuff that I pay for in Dallas. As a rough estimate, If a meal was 22,000 pesos I'd lob off the 0's and divide by 2 and add a couple bucks. So this meal would cost around 14 ~ 15 bucks. To me it seemed on par with what I would pay for the same meal here. Alcohol is pretty inexpensive and to go out and get bottle service was only around 60 at the Viejo Barril on Aviende 6. I found the people really warm and accommodating. There I was eating desayuno at a Kuty when it started pouring ran. There was old black lady trying to sell candy and one of servers offered her a table to get out of the rain until it stopped. That'll never happen here. Cali, Colombia is pretty chill place to be but I'm not sure If I'd really want to go back. Maybe Medellin next time.

Women: Guayaquil, Ecuador
I personally actually really like the women here in General I find (more on this later). There are plenty of beautiful women here walking up and down the Malecon. Just like any country it has it's fair share of not so good looking women. I'm not saying its perfect but for my needs and wants it fits perfectly. The women here are pretty down to earth and easy going. Even the women that are prettier than avg have a pretty chill mindset. Although I did run into some questionable women. I met these 2 while eating and drinking beer, I don't think they were prostitutes but definitely gold diggers. I met another women at the hotel I was at she was real pretty her bottom teeth were jacked up but she had braces so I'll cut her some slack. I had set up something w/ another chick a few days later but cancelled as she seemed aloof and not super interested so I bailed on that one. Then I met this other chick while getting beers. Really pretty she literally stopped what she was doing and stared me down. I got her and her friends. I tried to setup a same day meet up because it was last day in country but I wasn't able to pull out a same day date. Overall I met roughly I new chick every 2~3 days

Cost of Living, Culture and Atmosphere: Guayaquil, Ecuador
The cost of living here is what I'd like and expect. I can get some great pollo y arroz for 1.25 and great a Club or pilsner for 1.25 and that's the rip of rate at the Malecon just chilling out. The people in general didn't seem as warm as in Cali but comparing the 2 cities I think is like comparing apples and oranges though. GYE is a bit dirtier but GYE is a far bigger city. During the day you can walk about and find small nich markets selling random things. I happen to stumble on one before New Years and bought an ano viejo or the worlds worst smurf. I never felt threatened even walking around at night. I'm 6'2 roughly 210 and dark skinned. So luckily l just looked like a tall Latino. In fact the only time I had hard time when I started hanging out w/ the 2 guys from England but by myself everything was fine.

Cali, Colombia or GYE, Ecuador?

I think it's just plain hard to talk to women in El Centro in both Countries and if that's what you want to do just avoid it, It's FAR to hectic. Now If you're reading this and you can't make up your mind as to whether or not you'd like to go to one or the other? The answer is simple. What are your preferences? If you like women that have more of an European look, Colombia might be your best bet. That's not to say Ecuador doesn't have women with that look, perhaps Cuenca or Quito but Colombia for sure. Or if your idea is more of the brown skinned woman then Ecuador might be a better choice over Colombia. Either why it comes down to personal preference and what you want. If you're a man and reading this and you want to Co or Ec thinking that the roads are paved w/ easy women, you'd be setting yourself up for failure. If you're unable to talk to women in your home country chances are you won't be able to do it there either. I don't P4P or Monger, I only focus on meeting and talking to quality women ONLY. The women will give you looks but if you can't act on it you will still miss out. Hell even missed out on beauty who stared me down walking my direction, its just not my strongest point. These women will not approach you. If your a white guy, you might get some woman that'll talk to you simply for status or money but in the end neither one of you will get what you want. You'll have to speak some Spanish, neither women from either country speak a lot of English. If she did speak fluent Spanish honestlyI'd be a bit wearied

Both countries are great and I've really enjoyed the food, women and culture regardless. I hope this helps some one out. Any questions feel free and ask.

Having been married to a woman from Cali and now to a woman from Ecuador, I def. know what you mean about the personality differences in the women.

There is a lot of money in Guayaquil due to it being a major world export port. We have lots of friends from that area that own huge mansions in Guayaquil and they do indeed choose there friends based on social economic position.

Ecuador is the one country I have been to in LA where the women out income the men in the salaries. Thus, they are more independent than women from Colombia and do not as a general rule need a man to buy them things.

I think this is the reason you might have found them to not be a "warm"
They are much more cautious than Colombian women I think
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline kai #2

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »
thanks for a good, informative trip report kal.

Unfortunately, in your case you are somewhat handicapped because you don't speak Spanish. So, exactly how do you plan to talk with these women? How do you know, if you can't talk to them, if they are ready, willing and able to have a conversation and a possible relationship with you?
Your comment that you meet a woman every two or three days is pretty telling, don't you think? How about if you could meet 20 women in 3 days, and these 20 women were already selected by you because they fit your criteria and they are ready, willing and able to have a relationship with you because they have already seen your pictures and profile?

I've heard your method of wandering the streets waiting for serendipity to strike called going it alone, free range prospecting, and cold approach. In essence the cold approach is you just walking the stacks hoping the right book will fall in your hand, compared to Internet dating or Agency dating where you are using the card catalog to zero in on the books you find attractive and who are actually ready, willing and able to have a relationship with a good man like you.
The big advantage to going it alone is that when you do see a woman you like walking through the mall or standing at the bus stop or wherever, you can instantly tell if you are attracted to her. Then, after striking up a conversation with her you can tell within minutes if she is likewise interested in you.
Keeping in mind that Latinas often will engage in a pleasant and even extended conversation with you even when they have no interest in you and even when they really don't like you. She may even give you her cell phone number, which further leads you on. But, in reality Latinas never answer the phone if they don't recognize the incoming number, so it's just another way for them to blow you off without being rude to you in person.
I overcome this potential problem by writing my cell phone number on her hand and asking her to call me later that day or in the evening if she's interested. It has a surprisingly good effect on these women because you give them the reins and let them steer the conversation. Sometimes they actually do call me, which always surprises me. I find it somewhat delightful.
With the cold approach you are handicapped big time if you don't speak her language or she speak yours. At least with Internet you can use google translator and with a good dating agency they will provide a translator. A quick note about google translator, you still have to have enough language skills to know if the translation is substantially correct. Google translator has an evil habit of leaving out important words, especially the word "no" in translations. For example, up until just recently in Google Translator the translation for I can and I cannot both come out as puede which means can.
A really big disadvantage to cold approach is that you don't have all the time in the world, you only have a few vacation days.
Men who live here full time and speak the language moderately well have an advantage, for sure. I've had several girl friends here in Colombia but only one of them was a result of cold approach. I was walking down a street and saw a gorgeous lady working in a store. I went in and bought a ball point pen and a journal, then introduced myself and started courting her. It took me two minutes to start a relationship that lasted three months. So, that was a good example of the cold approach. It has worked one time for me in four years of fairly frequent attempts. Sure, I've had a lot of first dates this way, but only once in four years did it develop into a relationship. The first date is usually taken up with asking all the questions that would have already been answered if I could have read her profile first.
In cold approach you begin by knowing only a few things about the woman. You know she is attractive to you, she's most likely your type, and at that particular moment in time she isn't standing beside a boyfriend or husband, or girlfriend. that's about all you really know about her.
What you don't know about the woman will take you a long time to figure out, and if you don't speak her language you may never figure her out because you can't ask her the questions.
Here's a list of things you don't know about this woman:
Does she have a boyfriend, husband, girlfriend?
Is she divorced, separated, widowed and how long?
Does she have kids, how many, are they boy or girl, what are their ages?
Who does she live with, how long has she lived there, does she share a bed with her mom, or her teen age son or daughter, does she like to cook, clean and keep herself organized?
Does she have a job, a career, an education?
Is she a prostitute? A prepago? An alcoholic? A drug addict? An axe murderer?
I think you get the drift. There are a lot of things you don't know about your cold approach prospect compared to reading her profile on a dating site or in a dating agency where you can see within 20 seconds if you are the least bit compatible with this girl and if she has most of the things you are looking for and if she is looking for someone like you.
I know the cold approach works for some guys, but for me it's just something I do only casually, like when I'm waiting for the bus or when I'm taking a walk through the city or if I'm at church or in a restaurant and an opportunity presents. It's not the method I would use to spend thousands of dollars to travel to a strange country, to a strange city, to a strange culture, (where I don't speak the language) and try to meet a good woman. But hey, that's just me. I have the ultimate advantage, yes? I live here 8)

Its cool no love lost, l like I said it does depend on your preferences. Hell women here in America give me wrong numbers and all that other jazz and I can speak English. I totally get I'm at a disadvantage by not speaking fluently but I'm going to keep trying. My Spanish is better now than it was a few months ago by far and large even though I will have to double up my efforts. You bring up valid points and I don't have a solution for all them atm, its all part of of the learning process. Although some question you'd ask a women I certainly would not ask though. I think I did pretty well for some one w/ limited knowledge of the language. Next time I'll do even better, I have some plans to learn Spanish.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »

The women in Colombia are some head turners but not all of them are gorgeous as some men hype them up to be. The one thing that appealed to me the most about Colombian women was the booty and they have nice bodies. On the flip side w/ Colombian women you see them from behind and your happy then you see them from the front and its tragedy. I think Cali, Colombian women seemed a bit colder than what I was expecting but I think there is a lot of money in this particular city and that kind of makes a difference imo

Yes, I agree that we tend to hype places in Colombia (or [Insert] Country in L.A.) after we return from a trip. I may have done this a bit when I returned from Cali.  In reality, I am sure Cali is no better than any large North Amerian city (Houston, San Diego, Los Angeles, Montreal, etc) with regard to the percentage of gorgeous women. If anything, I think the fitness craze (and the disposable income to participate in those activities) probably gives the North Ameircan females an advantage. This of course excludes the typical Wal-Mart parking lot crowd in the USA.

Also, I think we also overhype how approachable these women are. Yes, the typical Colombian women will probably shoot a guy down in a more polite manner. But we are naive to think this is like shooting fish in a barrel where you can waltz down to South America and beautiful women will just fall into our arms b/c we are from the USA, Canada, Autstralia, etc.

That said, I still believe (perhaps naively but also based on some real experiences) that with decent Spanish our chances are better in So. America than they are in the states. Of course, the trick is always finding the right situation where the girl is open and ready.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:47:58 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »
I'd still use the internet. Hell, if I was single again, (I don't believe I'm saying this) I might even join Facebook, which domestically, I've seen destroy friendships and create discontent.

Unless you've got almost unlimited time and decent Spanish (or any foreign language country where little English is spoken) the internet is about better numbers--more opportunity. You can meet women on-line while you work on the language, then 'hit the ground running', able to do things socially with women that may or may not be compatible with you--at least you're there, hopefully with all 5 senses running. At the same time, you're meeting families, friends, going to places of interest probably not in tour guides--you've pretty much 'instantly immersed' yourself, rather than just flying there, wandering around and taking chances.

It's about extrapolating your numbers-->{extend the application of (a method or conclusion, esp. one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.}<--  , multiplying your chances.

Maybe you'll meet 'the one' on the ground, out of the blue, but why not optimize your odds, as that's somewhat unlikely?

Yea, I got lucky by being introduced (on-line) to my wife by a woman from Vermont, who happened to come from the same country as her, but for years, I worked the internet internationally and took long, expensive trips, staying as long as I could, while staying close to my now wife, platonically. By the time four years had gone by after initially meeting this woman I'm married to, to when we actually met, I certainly knew a lot about her and her country from the internet first and trips secondly. And it wasn't a case of 'settling for less' with my wife after those years as 'friends', it was a case of me finally reconciling with myself that even if she was (is) "too sweet, nice, young and too cute" for me, I realized w/o doubt that she was a fine, sound of mind individual. After eight years married, I realize it should've, could've  been me talking about twelve years, if I wasn't such a worry wart! Don't rush in, but don't let things 'go platonic' for years either!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
Boy you guys talk a lot- just wear a banana in yer pants man... but make sure you put it in the front... ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Boy you guys talk a lot- just wear a banana in yer pants man... but make sure you put it in the front... ;)

Way back when, (1930's and on) there was a sexy hot bombshell of an actress, Mae West--she liked a well hung man (and a lot of them) and she didn't hide it on screen. She had a lot of very sexually forward lines--one that still cracks me up is:

"Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Damn -- I couldn't find a video clip of it on-line!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:24:00 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

Hey Kai, that was a real nice report...

Dating on the internet is silly...but I think using the internet to set up some initial contacts is a very good idea...I figure why not?  You can still meet other women on the fly and you might be a nice social lady who has a few beautiful friends, then the fact that you communicated beforehand gets your foot in the door with lots of ladies!

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:55 AM »
Dallas?  Dallas literally has millions of latinas living there.  Plenty of salsa clubs and latin bars to hang out and practice your spanish.  There's a place in addison right by sherlocks that you'd like alot I forget the name but it's a nice kinda upscale latin place.

Offline kai #2

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
Dallas?  Dallas literally has millions of latinas living there.  Plenty of salsa clubs and latin bars to hang out and practice your spanish.  There's a place in addison right by sherlocks that you'd like alot I forget the name but it's a nice kinda upscale latin place.

hhahaha You must be referring to 'Glorias' and / or 'Blue Mesa'

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »

hhahaha You must be referring to 'Glorias' and / or 'Blue Mesa'

Party tonight at Lolita's on Lemmon ave.  The place will be packed with beautiful, classy latinas.  Perfect opportunity to practice your spanish/dancing/game in the meantime until you make it back down to south america.  I gotta do some other stuff tonight or else I'd definitely be there.

Offline buencamino

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
Kai nice report. I was in Guayaquil for a few days some years ago. I have to say I did not see many attractive women and I was certainly looking. I stayed in a hotel downtown near the malecon. The other thing that struck me was how conservatively even young chicas dressed compared to colombianas.  But as they say here entre gustos no hay disgustos

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 130