It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Costa Rica... Pura Vida  (Read 8027 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Costa Rica... Pura Vida
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
Okay I am back from visiting her family... though she's obviously not from Costa Rica we all met up there. A friend tagged along on this trip and I must say it is nice when things go well. From my viewpoint the food is terrible (along with the service) in Costa Rica. As soon as I got home I hit up Arbys for a turkey sandwhich... seriously no more freakin pollo.
Actually my top advice for future visitors is to stay in Heredia. Escazu is as noted online a safer area but I think it is a bit played out. Heredia has hotels up in the mountain that are cheap and the overall area is great for tica hunting. I think it is easier for Colombians to get to CR these days... there are lots of them and Nicas for that matter. We took my bud around and also put an ad in the paper. He was flooded with hot dates. Absolutely flooded. Decent looking young gringo.... and you still get flooded even in CR. Plus I could tell he had practiced his espanol.
His woman of choice ended up being this cute tica that couldn't have been much more than 5'1 and was tiny (exact definition of spinner)... she couldn't weight more than 90 pounds soaking wet. But I was impressed to see him pass on modelo types that didn't have the right personality.
Most of the colombianas he met were from medellin but his remarks on them is pretty similiar to what other gringos in CR think.
Terms like hardcore, vicious, and trouble all come to mind LOL. His Tica was pretty easy going, college degree, working professional, has the B visa. I mean this guy listened and he scored big time. It is nice to see someone get it right.
And I know the colombia comments will rub some guys the wrong way... these are just my 2nd hand comments and me passing info along on what the common opinion is from guys that are visiting and living in Costa Rica... don't take it personally... but I am confident in saying that the opinion is common. The girls from the coast are stupid... the girls from Medellin are crazy... and switch hitters for that matter LOL. First question I got from him... are all medellin girls bisexual? LOL. But I will say every man on this earth needs to have a fling with a colombiana before they settle down.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline bcc_1_2

Re: Costa Rica... Pura Vida
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »
Okay got a few questions in PM and thought it made sense to answer here for everyone.
I'm not an immigration expert on this but for whatever reason it is true there are more colombianas in the greater San Jose area these days. We ran into many girls from medellin for whatever reason. This is why visiting Costa Rica is a pretty good way to contrast and compare Ticas and Colombianas. And of course San Jose is full of Nicas... some pretty cute ones... but we met some dumb/stubborn ones... i cant stress the importance of an educated chica enough.
La Nacion I think was the name of the paper we used. i think we spent a couple hundred on a series of ads.
I don't know enough about the chicas on the coast of Colombia... but the Medellin chicas love the reputation their city has and they seem to think they are hardcore. I've talked to gringos in CR that have dated (even married them) and have horror stories. I've slept with Colombianas and I think it is something every man on earth should do before settling down (LOL) but I want to throw out a word of caution that if you want a Colombiana you really have your work cut out for you in regards to making it last and keeping your sanity ( i cant speak for the colombianas from the coast though... but they lack education and jobs there so i never visited). I know some guys have great long-term relationships with colombianas and I've just offended you greatly. My bad... just my opinion... chillax ;)
Heredia up on the mountain is the place to stay in Costa Rica... forget Escazu... Heredia is a better value... just as safe... and the women are way hotter.
As far as the local agency goes. There are real legit women on there... and there are women that are planted. I talked to a guy that attended their "party" and he said the women they said would be there weren't there (IE the hotties). If you are looking for an educated woman, no kids... in her 20s... and cute... the agency wont have much for you. And from my understanding they wont just sell a contact they want to sell packages... I don't want to bash them... but the guys i talked to seemed decent and the hot girls on the website weren't "available" for dates... except for the same one that was out for a free steak dinner or whatever. So why shell out 500 or 800 bucks for that when you can just walk down the street in heredia with a business card in espanol.
That's seriously the best way to do it. The breeze up on the mountain is great... just use my advice for good not evil. A decent looking young gringo is a kid in a candy store in Latin America.  If the girl is poor (especially in places like Honduras with low incomes... or even poor ticas) they will consider a much older man... even party with him just to have access to things they don't get much of... extra tv channels... a 40 dollar meal at pizza hut... a gift from the mall. The main thing they like about gringos is that nobody knows their business. You hook up with a local tico from the barrio and everybody knows your business. You hook up with a gringo and you get treated out to things and nobody knows your business.
For whatever reason it seems more ticas have the B visa (or can get one these days). Pick an educated girl, with a career, from a good family. That's my 2 cents.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
I've slept with Colombianas and I think it is something every man on earth should do before settling down (LOL) but I want to throw out a word of caution that if you want a Colombiana you really have your work cut out for you in regards to making it last and keeping your sanity ( i cant speak for the colombianas from the coast though... but they lack education and jobs there so i never visited). I know some guys have great long-term relationships with colombianas and I've just offended you greatly. My bad... just my opinion... chillax ;)

Blasphemy!  Burn the witch!   ;)

There's at least a couple working, educated colombianas on the coast ... I don't think I snagged the last one.

Barranquilla is the 4th largest city in Colombia with a population of 1.9 million according to Wiki.

Judging from your other post (which almost required me to take a cold shower), it sounds like the hondureñas aren't doing too badly in the sexy dept.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »

Offline DRGUY1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »
BCC,

What was the name of the local agency you guy's used in CR?

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:26:38 AM »
I've slept with Colombianas and I think it is something every man on earth should do before settling down (LOL) but I want to throw out a word of caution that if you want a Colombiana you really have your work cut out for you in regards to making it last and keeping your sanity ( i cant speak for the colombianas from the coast though... but they lack education and jobs there so i never visited). I know some guys have great long-term relationships with colombianas and I've just offended you greatly. My bad... just my opinion... chillax ;)
For the most part I agree...and don't listen to Whitey. He know very well he hit the Costena lottery. Out of the dozens of gringos I know that date in Colombia, I have yet to meet one that has a long term, successful marriage with a Paisa away from Medellin. That's not me saying there aren't good women in Medellin. Nor am I trying to suggest that they can't adjust well to life in the states or leave you as soon as the bigger better deal comes along. But in the second most populous city in Colombia, considering how many gringos come to Colombia to wife hunt, the fact that it's not more common certainly makes me think. 

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
DRGUY... I hit you with a PM.
I've generally avoided the topic of sex in the past but I think we might need to hit the topic just for basic education purposes because I think the guys new to traveling south could use the information.
I hate to get too graphic but I think one of the reasons guys end up looking in Latin America is the fear of ending up with another cold gringa. I think most guys in the states would be happy to just get some action once a week when I think we deserve a bone 3 or 4 times a week at the very least.
With my newbie friend there was a frank conversation about it and my wife was sitting right next to met at the bar when we had it. The woman should be a pleaser and she should be into that. And all the things gringas say they wont do... your latina should be into it (what us normal perverted men want... not whatever S&M crap people like Zon are into).
For most Latinas this is natural and comes very easy... in fact your novias and wifes should jump you as well because they want it. That was an expectation I had and it was easy to find... the problem with that is finding a latina that was also balanced emotionally and wouldn't fly off the handle over stupid [snip].

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »
For the most part I agree...and don't listen to Whitey. He know very well he hit the Costena lottery. Out of the dozens of gringos I know that date in Colombia, I have yet to meet one that has a long term, successful marriage with a Paisa away from Medellin. That's not me saying there aren't good women in Medellin. Nor am I trying to suggest that they can't adjust well to life in the states or leave you as soon as the bigger better deal comes along. But in the second most populous city in Colombia, considering how many gringos come to Colombia to wife hunt, the fact that it's not more common certainly makes me think.
I've "dated" a girl from there for a short time and she was the slash your tires throw a vase at you type. Amazing in the bedroom but very bad for your long-term health lol. I'm just trying to throw out a word of caution without throwing an entire country under the bus.

Offline raycjs

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »
My girl is from the coast of BAQ, she taught herself English in BAQ on her own and then came to the US attended 4 years of collage and graduated with a major in business and a minor in accounting she made the Deans list all 4 years.I do agree with you on some of your points like any country if you look in the right places you will find the right one...The number one thing i can tell you about a women from the coast... they do not forget where they come from and they know how to treat their man...

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
Actually my top advice for future visitors is to stay in Heredia. Escazu is as noted online a safer area but I think it is a bit played out. Heredia has hotels up in the mountain that are cheap and the overall area is great for tica hunting. I think it is easier for Colombians to get to CR these days... there are lots of them and Nicas for that matter. We took my bud around and also put an ad in the paper. He was flooded with hot dates. Absolutely flooded. Decent looking young gringo.... and you still get flooded even in CR. Plus I could tell he had practiced his espanol.

BCC: I know this thread is kind of old but could you tell me a bit about the newspaper add your buddy put in the paper? Content of the add, types of photos, etc.   Was there a concern he'd get scammed by some criminal elements?  Finally, was the nice petite tica he ended up choosing one of the ones who responded to the newspaper add?

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:40:53 AM »
I have spent my time in Costa Rica and Colombia and I was not really sure where I wanted to go for my next chica hunting expedition,  so I let Latin Cupid decide for me...  After sending out 100 or so interests to chicas from all over Latin America,  I spent about a month weeding through the responses and connections I made.  It didn't take me very long to settle on two of my favorate finds.  And even though I am quite excited to have found them I know that they are all a ton just like them all over the place down there.  however just because they are all over the place does not mean that they are looking for a gringo or interested in the states at all.  I am looking forward to my trip to Colombia in November.  One thing I can say about Costa Rica is that the talent they got there for rent is legendary!  Same goes for Colombia too,   hey we may not find a model to marry but we can rent one for the night right boys?  haha
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

Most of the colombianas he met were from medellin but his remarks on them is pretty similiar to what other gringos in CR think.
Terms like hardcore, vicious, and trouble all come to mind LOL. His Tica was pretty easy going, college degree, working professional, has the B visa. I mean this guy listened and he scored big time. It is nice to see someone get it right.
And I know the colombia comments will rub some guys the wrong way... these are just my 2nd hand comments and me passing info along on what the common opinion is from guys that are visiting and living in Costa Rica... don't take it personally... but I am confident in saying that the opinion is common. The girls from the coast are stupid... the girls from Medellin are crazy... and switch hitters for that matter LOL. First question I got from him... are all medellin girls bisexual? LOL. But I will say every man on this earth needs to have a fling with a colombiana before they settle down.
before I made my first trip I very much wanted to try Costa Rica since it's so much closer than, say, Colombia. But in investigating the types of ladies a gringo can find there, it seemed to me the hottest women there are Colombianas. Unfortunately, they're not the cream of Colombia's crop, so a gringo's better off going to the source for the best women...Whether a guy is hunting for hotties to play with or to find  a good wife, Colombia's where it's at. 8)

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

BCC: I know this thread is kind of old but could you tell me a bit about the newspaper add your buddy put in the paper?
My wife ran that last ad in La Nacion. You can always reach their international advertising sales department online too (you can email in English). Safety is always going to be a concern in Latin America. I don't think the newspaper ad is anymore safe or  dangerous than any other method.
Always meet on your terms not on her terms. For an unseasoned traveler with safety worries just stay at a hotel with plenty of security. Use their facilities to interview. Plenty of hotels will appreciate you a lot more than the mongers. A little tipping goes a long ways.
I've placed a few ads in my time and I don't know if some papers even use color in their classifieds. You'll need to be ready to swap photos via email or cell phone regardless. Go have a professional photo taken somewhere. Young guys could consider wearing a suit to look serious and professional. Middle Aged/Older guys might consider just a designer shirt to look youthful.
Anyone that's an expert will tell you what the locals will tell you... the hottest women in Costa Rica are in Heredia. So if you've never been to Heredia you have no idea what you are missing. If I was hunting in Costa Rica I'd track down some school kids and have them pass out flyers at the bus stops in Heredia Centro. Plenty of neighborhood kids around that will be happy to make a little coin passing out flyers.
Costa Rica does work pretty well for a guy in his late twenties/ early thirties looking for young professionals just out of college. The ad has to focus on looking for a serious relationship and that you are from the USA. They need to understand that you aren't looking for a bootie call or some other weird thing... but a long-term relationship leading to marriage and living in the United States.
Personally I think Costa Rica and Colombia are a little played out. Costa Rica is a bit played out as a tourist destination. They still have a stable government and safety going for them though. The real estate is a rip off... decent food is a rip off... etc. If I was advising someone that was looking for a 10 or 15 year age gap, a hottie, and a girl with an education... I'd probably suggest trying more up and coming places in Central America (rather than the most established place).

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »
I'm just wondering.  You say you and your buddy came across alot of Colombianas in CR.  What exactly were they doing there?  Other than going there to work as hookers why in the world would they want to be in CR?  And the Nicas?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
I'm just wondering.  You say you and your buddy came across alot of Colombianas in CR.  What exactly were they doing there?  Other than going there to work as hookers why in the world would they want to be in CR?  And the Nicas?
Nicaraguans travel to Costa Rica for work. If they can come up with 30 bucks they can cross the border. A lot of the guys work in construction 6 days a week for about $25 a day. We met a Nica that was a sous chef. We also met a Colombiana mother/daughter that owned a shop in a mall. The mother was divorced and her daughter recently finished her college education.
Costa Rica is actually doing so well the mongering scene is moving south to Medellin. The CR scene is very commercialized with select bars and parlors in San Jose.
The p4p scene in Costa Rica is centered around one hotel/bar (it is obvious if you google it). The women were all dolled up and dressed in a pretty obvious fashion. The hotel security is good and the worst thing that could happen is that something gets put in your drink (if you are dumb enough to let that happen) or you get pickpocketed.
I actually think guys should take the tour and go all over to any place that is safe enough to see (that can include mongering scene and poor areas). How do you know you aren't dating a hooker? Well go to where the hookers are and study that scene for an hour with a beer sometime.
If I was starting a "marriage agency" the place to do it is Managua. The government finally seems serious about becoming the next Costa Rica. If they can get a couple hotel bars full of hookers and some adventure tourism going they'll give Costa Rica a run for their money. Everything is a lot cheaper in Nicaragua and the Nicas will work twice as hard for 1/4th as much.

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:43 PM »

Costa Rica is actually doing so well the mongering scene is moving south to Medellin. The CR scene is very commercialized with select bars and parlors in San Jose.

Do you know the "mongering scene", as you put it, that well, to state that the scene in moving to Medellin??

I actually think guys should take the tour and go all over to any place that is safe enough to see (that can include mongering scene and poor areas). How do you know you aren't dating a hooker? Well go to where the hookers are and study that scene for an hour with a beer sometime.

You've got to be kidding!  Why would any guy who is looking for a proper (ie. quality ) relationship be interested in studying what hookers are doing? Is this your brilliant idea for being able to detect if you're dating a hooker?

If I was starting a "marriage agency" the place to do it is Managua. The government finally seems serious about becoming the next Costa Rica. If they can get a couple hotel bars full of hookers and some adventure tourism going they'll give Costa Rica a run for their money. Everything is a lot cheaper in Nicaragua and the Nicas will work twice as hard for 1/4th as much.

So you now have the capacity (or talent) to advise the government on how to infuse more tourist dollars into their economy by facilitating mongering tours? 

BCC - you never cease to amaze!  I wasn't going to comment but couldn't resist .... on your quite silly post.

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »

Hey bcc you're a freaking genius!  I'll be your business partner.  We'll go down to Managua and open up a brothel/hotel that caters to gringos then we'll put our marriage agency right next door.  Mambocowboy can can be our PR guy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:12:10 AM by Awesome »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Do you know the "mongering scene", as you put it, that well, to state that the scene in moving to Medellin??

Yep. Cein plus propina is pricing them out of the market. It's a race to the bottom in economics. Colombia is cheaper.

Why would any guy who is looking for a proper (ie. quality ) relationship be interested in studying what hookers are doing?
So they don't sign up for an AFA tour an find themselves setting across from a puta at a social and have no idea.

So you now have the capacity (or talent) to advise the government on how to infuse more tourist dollars into their economy by facilitating mongering tours? 

No, but I do have the capacity to do basic research and read that sex tourist dollars are leaving SJO for MDE and I can read what Nicaragua's own government is saying about copying Costa Rica. It's economics... Nicaragua can do Costa Rica cheaper than Costa Rica can do Costa Rica.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:32:43 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
Hey bcc you're a freaking genius!  I'll be your business partner.  We'll go down to Managua and open up a brothel/hotel that caters to gringos then we'll put our marriage agency right next door.  Mambocowboy can can be our PR guy.
There is a major difference from predicting that prostitution will be commercialized in Nicaragua versus wanting absolutely anything to do with it.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »

Yep. Cein plus propina is pricing them out of the market. It's a race to the bottom in economics. Colombia is cheaper.

Why would any guy who is looking for a proper (ie. quality ) relationship be interested in studying what hookers are doing?
So they don't sign up for an AFA tour an find themselves setting across from a puta at a social and have no idea.

No, but I do have the capacity to do basic research and read that sex tourist dollars are leaving SJO for MDE and I can read what Nicaragua's own government is saying about copying Costa Rica. It's economics... Nicaragua can do Costa Rica cheaper than Costa Rica can do Costa Rica.

Bcc, you have always had a fascination with prostitutes and prostitution...I recall in the past you often wanted to steer conversation in that direction for some reason. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »

Bcc, you have always had a fascination with prostitutes and prostitution...I recall in the past you often wanted to steer conversation in that direction for some reason. 

Fathertime!
It's the elephant in the room when you are trying to date. Medellin and San Jose are not tourist destinations. At best SJO is a one night stop-off to the beach or jungle. Good Ticas aren't stupid and they want to know your intentions and why you are visiting their country.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
It's the elephant in the room when you are trying to date. Medellin and San Jose are not tourist destinations. At best SJO is a one night stop-off to the beach or jungle. Good Ticas aren't stupid and they want to know your intentions and why you are visiting their country.

That sounds like an excuse...you have dwelled on prostitution at all opportunities....wayyyy more than normal, especially for a guy who is married and according to you...    NOT
wanting absolutely anything to do with it[/size]

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R