Forum > Asian -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

General travel advices and costs

(1/3) > >>

EarlGray:
Hi! I have met a philipina girl by internet and it starting planning a trip. Would be glad to have advices for novice, about costs, places for living, transport, etc. Thanks in advance!

no comment:
Earl Gray, that user name fits you to a tea.

I hope you're not going all the way to the Philippines to meet just one woman.  At least set up some other dates just in case.

Just used a site called  cheapfareguru.com  to search fares to Lima, Peru.

robert angel:

--- Quote from: EarlGray on January 20, 2018, 07:23:47 PM ---Hi! I have met a philipina girl by internet and it starting planning a trip. Would be glad to have advices for novice, about costs, places for living, transport, etc. Thanks in advance!

--- End quote ---

It's all relative to what area there you're going to. Manila will cost you more, Cebu a bit less and Davao a bit less than Cebu. The smaller the city, generally the less expensive,  on down the beaten path into the oft lovely provincial 'country' areas, where if you're frugal, a few bucks a day will easily feed you.

I always made 'one woman, one girl' trips, but I took a long, long time online meeting Filipinos first cultivating friendships, so if things didn't work out, I had some people to contact, enough so that with out even setting things up before hand, I was pretty sure I could meet up and get a personal tour, meet up going on.

I was more worried than I needed to be actually. It's the most westernized of all Asian nations and in the cities, you could eat at US fast food chains all the time and watch US TV sitcoms if you so desired.

I also had previously met and made friendships with Filipinos in the USA, learned a bit about their nature, favorite foods, friendly nature, etc.

Even aside from taking the above mentioned friendships/contacts, I think just 'showing up'---in effect 'going cold' to the Philippines, you probably, outside a few nations like Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, would be hard pressed to find a nicer place to meet friendly people---people who understand your English and are genuinely friendly.

Yes, it's a helluva a long trip and a very expensive plane ticket, but aside from the plane ticket cost, if you want a great vacation, where there's plenty of beautiful women from ages 18 to 80 who'd love to meet you and food and lodging is very inexpensive outside of the glitzy centers of the biggest cities, it's hard to beat the Philippines.

Best to spend at least a couple weeks there, given the expense of getting there and to really have an idea about the nation and person/s there.

So as has been appropriately  asked, what's your situation? If going to meet one woman, how long have you two conversed?

EarlGray:
>> Earl Gray, that user name fits you to a tea.

That was the point.

>> [size=0px]cheapfareguru.com[/size]
[/size]
Thanks a lot!

Robert Angel thank you for all this information.
My situation can sounds a little crazy. I just discovered one dating site, meet those girl and we communicating about week only. And it seems a miracle to me so I want to go and meet her in person just to look. I am adult enough, born in the poor country, moved to Canada, twice divorced, so I think I know life and people. I can afford this trip and don't want to miss a chance, may be the last in my life.

robert angel:

--- Quote from: EarlGray on January 23, 2018, 12:39:55 AM --->> Earl Gray, that user name fits you to a tea.

That was the point.

>> [size=0px]cheapfareguru.com[/size]
[/size]
Thanks a lot!

Robert Angel thank you for all this information.
My situation can sounds a little crazy. I just discovered one dating site, meet those girl and we communicating about week only. And it seems a miracle to me so I want to go and meet her in person just to look. I am adult enough, born in the poor country, moved to Canada, twice divorced, so I think I know life and people. I can afford this trip and don't want to miss a chance, may be the last in my life.

--- End quote ---

Wow, moving really fast there! But treat it as if you're expecting at least a great vacation,  keeping common sense--your 'wits about you' and you can't go too far wrong. If she's THAT special, immigration takes a long time and hopefully you'll have time to learn a lot more about her and her culture.
The only stupid questions around here are the ones not asked, so don't be shy. And don't have a 'thin skin', coz some guys will tell you you're crazy.  They already know I am and have reminded me repeatedly, LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version