It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian Cupid Case Study  (Read 17467 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Colombian Cupid Case Study
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
Ever wonder if other guys experience with Colombian Cupid is as crappy as yours?

Well I have been wondering that lately....so any feed back from guys with first hand experience with the site is welcome.

I usually rely on my social network in Cali to find the women that I date along with an occasional cold approach if the chick is hot and I can make good eye contact....learned the hard way to make sure that woman keeps eye contact while you approach her because there is a type of woman in Cali that will literally stare a hole right though you but when you make the cold approach...look away and if you start to chat her up..... pretend like she never laid eyes on you. Not really sure what that is about except some kind of an ego boost for her.

So I'm a year out of a long term relationship in Cali and I still not dating any women that really, blow my mind....but by far the best prospects are two that I know though my social circle.....one I met at a party and we were introduced by friends....saw her again on one of my friend's facebook page and added her as a friend and we plan on going out...if we hit it off and she want's to spend all of her time with me I don't think I'll be going out with anyone else...she is just 100% my type.

The second one is a solid 8...saw her on a girlfriend's facebook page that I met when a group of my friends and I went up to Lago Calima for the black and white party. Asked her if she could introduce me to this chick and she said no problem but after she introduces us I'm on my own...I say no problem. Which brings me to why I hate internet dating in general...I keep thinking if I actually had all the women that I wrote to right in front of me for just 10 mins. I would be doing ten times better than I'm doing now.

Really only used Colombian Cupid for the first time this past January....of all the responses I got there where only two that I had any interest in meeting....one 22 year old from Cali and one that was 21 from Cartago which never could manage to make it to Cali and I just wasn't going to drive all the way to Cartago.

The 22 year old from Cali I actually had met in person as she was a bartender at Regge and Pop a while back....she remembered me so we knew what each other looked like in person. 

I told her to meet me at Chipichape at around 8pm on a Friday and that I would pay her taxi if she called me when she got there. She called me at 8:30pm and was already in the mall...maybe she took a bus or paid the taxi herself but she got a point for being self sufficient. We weren't there 10 mins and she told me that she wanted to leave Chipi and go somewhere else...I say OK and I drove her to Bourbon Street....I ordered something to eat and tried to get her to order something but she said she had just ate...we hung out talking and drinking beer until about almost 11...I asked her what she wanted to do and she said I don't know...I said I know a hip hop club a couple of blocks away and she said OK lets go.

Order half bottle of Bacardi limon and after I kino escalate a bit...I go in for the first kiss and we end up making out in the club. We stay in the club until closing and then we get in my car....and drive to my place....we go out and sit on the couch on the patio and we are getting pretty hot and heavy...she gets on top of me and I say let's go upstairs...she says it's pretty comfortable here and I say it's better upstairs and take her hand and lead her upstairs....end of story.

Called her Saturday and talked to her on the phone...she was doing something and I ended up going out with another chick that I have know for years...(never throw away your old girlfriend's numbers away!!!)....Sunday night she comes over and we have dinner and watch a movie...she spends the night and leaves for work from my place....last I ever saw her.

Called her a couple of times no answer...then out of the blue I get a text saying that her work hours had changed and she was sorry that she couldn't answer my calls and that she get's off work at 9pm now.  I think OK and I called her a couple of times more...no answer....the next friday evening one week after we met I get a text from her saying she was at chipi...I send her a text OK I'll met you there...call her when I get there...no answer....look for her for about 20 mins and never saw her.

I think there are three likely scenarios...one she has a boyfriend, two she has a husband or three I must have really ripped a stinker the last night she was there. jajaja

At any rate I have modified my approach to Colombian Cupid...not just because it appears some chicks are just looking for adventure but because the overall quality of the chicks is pretty low and the hot ones are over whelmed with prospects. I'm not sure I would have gotten a date with this one except her photos were horrible and I knew that she was a cutie because I recognized her from the bar.

My goal this time is to not find chicks that I'm only interested in dating but to make friends with chicks that have nice friends as well and just invite them out when a group of my friends get together. So I wrote to chicks that I thought were passable in the looks department even if they were the the types that my colombiano friends like instead of the flaquitas that drive me crazy.

So after about two weeks and 60 emails later these are the 14 that have wrote me back and indicated that they have and interest in meeting up...not sure that I'll have to resort to any of them as I have better prospects right now but I do think some would be good to meet in a group setting of friends.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/530940

I wrote this chick and she never even realized that I wrote her because she sent me and interest and favored me...I then sent her an email asking why she didn't answer my email if she liked my profile and then she wrote me back.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1593614

Great example of a chick that is not my type at all but something my colombian friends would go crazy for. jajaja So she'll get an invite.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1580199

This chick lives in the US and she liked and favored me before I wrote her...personally I think this chick is a runaway or over stayed her student visa or has some other serious problems that I would rather not get involved with. jajaja

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1316776

Hard to tell what this chick really looks like with her terrible photo but she does meet my height - weight ratio test. jajaja...to bad she live so damn far in the south.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1033581

This girl is cute and one of the few that actually states in her profile that she wants to meet guys over 50.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1033581

Cute but too short.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/293913

I find this one the most interesting based not only on her profile but what she wrote in her email to me.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1163383

Mystery chick...terrible foto....height and weight are perfect and she response right away to my emails.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1590190

Who knows?   Comes in a little on the heavy side but looks good in the photos and it pretty open minded as she is looking for a guy up to 55 and she is only 19. jajaja

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1592641

Not my type but could be a good invite to group outing....any woman that describes herself as descomplicada can't be all bad. jajaja

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/80740

I don't know...but for some sick reason I find this chick somewhat attractive....she does meet my height weight ratio except when she was over weight in the white blouse.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/830627

Ok, looking chick....slow at answering emails.

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1322013

Not too attractive and gives juvenile responses.
Originally wrote her because she sent me an interest...but I'm not interested.jajaja

http://www.colombiancupid.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1516802

This one hid her profile...parents must have found out she was corresponding with gringos over the internet. jajaja

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Colombian Cupid Case Study
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
Cali,

Can't say my experiences with girls from Colombian Cupid are much different. One could definitely find a wife there with enough time, patience and luck; but from what I've found most of the girls in the 18-25 range are just looking for a good time. They're not so much prepagos or prostitutes, but just party girls looking for a means to have fun. The kind that would rather have a guy buy a bottle at the disco, dance with them until the sun comes up then take them home and [snip] their brains out for a couple of hours as supposed to finding a boyfriend. Meeting so many women like this in Colombia is what makes me laugh when gringos without experience tell me the majority of Colombian Women are conservative and prudish.

By the way, I can guarantee you would've enjoyed that drive from Cali to Cartago. Lots to see on Highway 25 between those two cities.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:37:32 PM by benjio »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »
Cali,

Can't say my experiences with girls from Colombian Cupid are much different. One could definitely find a wife there with enough time, patience and luck; but from what I've found most of the girls in the 18-25 range are just looking for a good time. They're not so much prepagos or prostitutes, but just party girls looking for a means to have fun. The kind that would rather have a guy buy a bottle at the disco, dance with them until the sun comes up then take them home and [snip] their brains out for a couple of hours as supposed to finding a boyfriend. Meeting so many women like this in Colombia is what makes me laugh when gringos without experience tell me the majority of Colombian Women are conservative and prudish.

By the way, I can guarantee you would've enjoyed that drive from Cali to Cartago. Lots to see on Highway 25 between those two cities.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one being used and abused by these women...jajaja

I'm going to meet up with a couple of friends this time so I might end up taking a road trip to Periera and or Manizales....I've been to Periera a number of times but never bothered to stop in Maizales the few times we drove to Medellin.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:40 AM »
Call yourself CaliPro when it should have been CaliAm !!  lol

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »
Play nice now.
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline fathertime

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
HEy Calipro!

Well you have a large perspective after dating/marrying as many Colombians as you have.  What are you finding different now that you are 15 years or so older than when you started?  I imagine regarding attracting the ladies, your guile/experience makes up for a more mature physical appearance that the real fathertime deals to everybody.   From what I'm gathering it appears you are looking for very young ladies.  Do you think that is wise?  I mean a 25, 28 year old gal can also look awfully cute too! 

Good luck,

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Calipro

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
HEy Calipro!

Well you have a large perspective after dating/marrying as many Colombians as you have.  What are you finding different now that you are 15 years or so older than when you started?  I imagine regarding attracting the ladies, your guile/experience makes up for a more mature physical appearance that the real fathertime deals to everybody.   From what I'm gathering it appears you are looking for very young ladies.  Do you think that is wise?  I mean a 25, 28 year old gal can also look awfully cute too! 

Good luck,

Fathertime!

Yes, experience makes a big difference along with good Spanish.....25 years old is fine with me...I even have a 28 year old in the rotation....I have know her for 4 years....actually met her before my ex.....she is paisa but lived her whole life in Cali so she behaves like a Calena.

I really don't card chicks before I hit on them....there is a certain look I go for....which is thin....5'3" at 105lbs seems to be my favorite...next 5'6" at 115lbs up to 120lbs and I have gone all the way up to 5'9" and 130lbs. Friends joke about my height weight ratio fetish...but it's serious business to me.

Most of the women I date are considered too thin to be considered top notch by a lot of Calenos.....so I have quite a bit less competition than if I was going for Car Audio model type that is famous here.

[size=78%] 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21496489@N00/231513640/

Eighty percent of Calenos are going to go straight for the india center left or the chick center right (boob job) while I'm going far left....also the morenas don't get as much action as the lighter chicks ..so if you can go dark and thin than that will even decrease your competition even more.

When I was 35 I would estimate that about 25% of chicks in their early to mid 20's where even open to having a relationship with a guy (like me) 10 to 15 years older than them and I'm guessing that it is down to about 15% at 50....so you end up having to meet a lot of chicks to find the few that are into it.

But like I said before it's really not an age thing....it's that the women over 30 for the most part are usually too thick for my tastes. Women in Medellin stay thinner longer so that is always an option...I mean if I can get a hold of my ego and suck it up enough to play "lets make a deal". jajaja

Would make things a lot simpler if I could get used to Paisas.

I could just date hot paisas and tell them if we have a kid...I'll buy a house there and take care of the expenses...for the next 18 years.....I bet I'd get a lot of takers. Of course a contract would have to be written up. LOL!!!
[/size]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:53:36 PM by Calipro »

Offline Zon

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
I've played around with various online sites.  I think CC and all the rest are basically a waste of time.  It seems ironic that a communication system enabling people to segment and introduce could be less efficient than real life and chance, but to me this is true.

I have met one very good woman on Colombian Cupid.  She was about as consistent, intelligent, and sincere as a Colombiana gets online.  I found her when she was brand new to CC, and we quickly went to Skype.   If a girl stays on CC, that is a bad sign.  Because the type of people that write to the girls, and what they say, is not what a good girl wants to hear.

I GREATLY prefer meeting in person. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »

[size=78%] 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21496489@N00/231513640/

Eighty percent of Calenos are going to go straight for the india center left or the chick center right (boob job) while I'm going far left....also the morenas don't get as much action as the lighter chicks ..so if you can go dark and thin than that will even decrease your competition even more.
 !
[/size]

Yup I'd go for center left or center right.

When I was 35 I would estimate that about 25% of chicks in their early to mid 20's where even open to having a relationship with a guy (like me) 10 to 15 years older than them and I'm guessing that it is down to about 15% at 50....so you end up having to meet a lot of chicks to find the few that are into it.

Well 15% is actually quite a few in sheer numbers and obviously it only takes one.

Good luck with it all, it sounds like the strict physical appearance criteria that a woman must maintain will be the complicating factor for you.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »
I avoid the ones that are under 25 so I think that makes a difference to my experience. I had a few under 25 actually chase me quite persistantly. I was quite firm with a couple, stating that I thought there age was an issue because I only want a serious lasting relationship. That only encouraged them twice as much. Oooops!

Also I had other criteria that I used to narrow down the field to women that are more likely to have a long term relationship with me. I think this requires knowing yourself and what is important in the long term as much as knowing them. This approach has worked for me so far.

I don't like to say it but frankly the majority of girls on CC aren't as attractive as many people claim IMHO. I see way more hot girls here just walking down the street. However I decided years ago I don't want a 10 as a wife and Colombian women have a lot more than looks going for them in my view. Hence it worked for me.

I may have simply been lucky with CC. Maybe other guys have different results. My biggest problem was trying to keep up with all the correspondance, etc with my slow Spanish and different time zone. I had to devise ways to narrow down the field. One way was that if she didn't move fairly quickly to Skype, MSN or Gmail video then for me I thought it pretty impractical to continue with her. Also I made it clear why I perfered Sykpe so if she didn't get on to Skype she was always at a disadvantage with me.

For me distance is such a massive factor that unless I can build a video rapour with her then it is never gonna be worth pursuing. Hence it's best to get straight to the video stage.

I also eliminated a couple right away as soon as I got them on video. One was an obvious scammer. Not even subtle. The other was clearly chatting with several men at once while on the cam with me. I mean she was interupting and making me wait while she continued conversations with several other men at once. A few other clues made it pretty obvious what sort of relationship she was heading for.

Then I had several really very sweet pretty girls stay up the entire night without sleep to keep chatting with me. Due to the time zones this happened with me frequently. One got so wrapped up she carried on to the point of exhaustion until she actually feel asleep in front of my eyes.

So far I haven't had the other problems guys report of dates not turning up in person and other games like that. Hence maybe I have just been very lucky thus far. I would like to think my own decisions did have some bearing on it though.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »

Yup I'd go for center left or center right.

Well 15% is actually quite a few in sheer numbers and obviously it only takes one.

Good luck with it all, it sounds like the strict physical appearance criteria that a woman must maintain will be the complicating factor for you.

Fathertime!

Having your age alone weed out a good 85% of your target group is not a good thing and then narrowing down the remaining 15% to just the women that you find attractive that like you back is.... well.... the killer.....but after I find one....it does seem like my "strict physical appearance criteria" actually plays to my advantage (at least in Cali) because the chicks that I find super attractive are not the ones that have 50 million offers sitting on the table.....so at that point my conversion rate is pretty damn high if you ask me.

Offline Bachata Heightz

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
I have talked to the first one and have her added to my facebook.

Might meet up with her when im in Cali.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:45 AM »
I have talked to the first one and have her added to my facebook.

Might meet up with her when im in Cali.

The first one is only 19.  So if you are 35 or over I think y. ou are offi cially eligible to join
 the viejo verde club. Jajaja

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:45 AM »

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:20 AM »
The first one is only 19.  So if you are 35 or over I think y. ou are offi cially eligible to join

This photo was taken on September 1, 2006
So she was only 14 when the picture was taken?

Offline Bachata Heightz

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

Im 25 so I dont worry about that! jaja

Offline Calipro

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »

Im 25 so I dont worry about that! jaja

Well she might be only 19 but she is looking for guys 24  to 45 years old....you are almost too young to date her.
I hope you look old for your age.

Offline benjio

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

Well she might be only 19 but she is looking for guys 24  to 45 years old....you are almost too young to date her.
I hope you look old for your age.

LOL! Cali, I'm not sure if you're joking but I've actually been told by quite a few 25-30 year olds in Colombia that I'm too young for them, and I'm 31. "Eres demasiado inmaduro"...I hate that line. Of course that could be just and excuse and they're turned off by my bulging gut, severe acne, gimpy leg, and the fact that I'm balding. But I'm a gringo, so that stuff never matters, right?  :-[

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
benjio sez
Of course that could be just and excuse and they're turned off by my bulging gut, severe acne, gimpy leg, and the fact that I'm balding. But I'm a gringo, so that stuff never matters, right?  [img alt=:-[]http://www.planet-love.com/Smileys/default/embarrassed.gif

Absolutamente!!!!!! jajajajjajajaja
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline htown

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
Then I had several really very sweet pretty girls stay up the entire night without sleep to keep chatting with me. Due to the time zones this happened with me frequently. One got so wrapped up she carried on to the point of exhaustion until she actually feel asleep in front of my eyes.

I've never done the skype/webcam thing but I'm a sucker for love and I could see myself falling for a pretty, sweet girl who fell asleep exhuasted from skyping with me all night. 
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Offline Zon

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:56:37 AM »
Of course that could be just and excuse and they're turned off by my bulging gut, severe acne, gimpy leg, and the fact that I'm balding. But I'm a gringo, so that stuff never matters, right?

Ricos no son feos  LOL 

Offline Calipro

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »

LOL! Cali, I'm not sure if you're joking but I've actually been told by quite a few 25-30 year olds in Colombia that I'm too young for them, and I'm 31. "Eres demasiado inmaduro"...I hate that line. Of course that could be just and excuse and they're turned off by my bulging gut, severe acne, gimpy leg, and the fact that I'm balding. But I'm a gringo, so that stuff never matters, right?  :-[

I think all of the above might be a much bigger problem than age lol....I have seen guys get turned down for having bad teeth that is for sure.

I have seen my younger friends get that line before but I don't think it's really because they thought they were immature but rather they think they are just playing and not really serious about having a steady girlfriend. I have seen young chicks walk right past my some of my friends that are 15 years younger and better looking to land on me.
You have to ask yourself "Why?"....my theory is that some of them are just tired of getting humped and dumped and see an older guy as someone that is actually more capable and interested in having something more than a one night stand.

Offline benjio

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »

I think all of the above might be a much bigger problem than age lol....I have seen guys get turned down for having bad teeth that is for sure.

I have seen my younger friends get that line before but I don't think it's really because they thought they were immature but rather they think they are just playing and not really serious about having a steady girlfriend. I have seen young chicks walk right past my some of my friends that are 15 years younger and better looking to land on me.
You have to ask yourself "Why?"....my theory is that some of them are just tired of getting humped and dumped and see an older guy as someone that is actually more capable and interested in having something more than a one night stand.

So what you're saying is I should be going for 18 year olds? LOL!!!!  8)

Offline Bachata Heightz

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
lets be real people.

in those cases it comes down to perceived money most of the time.

older guys generally have more money / stable and are looking for a colombian gf. (which is gonna cost money)

younger guys are usually there just to "smash n dash".  (gringos anyways)

hell if im 60 and dating a 25 yr old Colombiana id pretty much bet the farm she was cheating on me with a younger guy.

obviously, there is the rare exception here and there

its one big game. a trade off of sorts.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:16:22 PM by Bachata Heightz »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
lets be real people.

in those cases it comes down to perceived money most of the time.

older guys generally have more money / stable and are looking for a colombian gf. (which is gonna cost money)

younger guys are usually there just to "smash n dash".  (gringos anyways)

hell if im 60 and dating a 25 yr old Colombiana id pretty much bet the farm she was cheating on me with a younger guy.

obviously, there is the rare exception here and there

its one big game. a trade off of sorts.

My favorite line that I have heard a thousand times in Cali when I ask a chick if she has a boyfriend "Yes, but we are fighting right now." LOL!!!

I have slept with plenty of chicks in Colombia that have boyfriends....wouldn't call them girlfriends.....exclusivity is what costs you....the minute you have to have one particular chick any time you want and be the only one...then it will cost you here.

Besides the only one way to be absolutely sure your colombiana is not cheating on you......sleep with her every night and then you still can't be sure she isn't pulling double duty unless she is scared [snip]tless of losing you.

I was 48 and my super hot girlfriend was 20 years old at the time....watched a younger better looking guy that I know that lives in Medellin flirt with my girlfriend...make eyes at her.... she would not respond in anyway....finally the guy told me that he was impressed by the loyalty of calenas compared to paisas....I said Oh! are you talking about my girlfriend.....maybe you should try hitting on calenas that don't have a live in boyfriend that they work for. LOL!!! and then tell me how faithful you think they are.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »

So what you're saying is I should be going for 18 year olds? LOL!!!!  8)

Might not be a bad idea....I have seen some chicks here that are jaded at the ripe old age of 21. jajaja

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 165