It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...  (Read 39666 times)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2010, 05:19:01 AM »
Zon: I figure most guys who are serious would travel every three months or so. So if they made 4 trips, that is an entire year of MSN, hotmail, face to face time, cell phones, facebook, etc.

Point well taken.  A year of communication and visits is about all most people could reasonably do.

And you have to keep your good judgment about you, of course.  There is a strong implicit statement within these threads and the marriage agency hype that over simplifies finding a suitable mate and the creation of a marriage.  Remember, when the Gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.  Without it a guy is having a little sobriety, he is screwed.

I saw this personally, time and time again.  It was comical actually.  A guy would be in Colombia for maybe 2 hours and then begin "wife hunting" while looking at the calendar mindful of the fact that he would only be in country 7 days.  Often times these men were repeat visitors. The purpose of their trip was to find a wife, but the result of their trip was a male adult version of Spring Break.   Often with disappointment sprinkled in between.  So, my critical comments were intended to provide a balance.  That is all.

Bien Suerte

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »
I have made 15 trips now to Colombia and by far I have met more women who would prefer to stay in Colombia if I could make my business and bring my children to live there. If they are dying to come to the States, that is a big red flag for me. It would mean there is a pretty good chance the girl is an "interesada" and you are just a vehicle to get her to the next level.

Sure they like to be with their families etc. but they don´t join agencies expecting to meet foreign men who have moved to Colombia. They join with the expectation that they´ll have a chance to get to the US or Europe.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2010, 06:55:13 AM »
Sure they like to be with their families etc. but they don´t join agencies expecting to meet foreign men who have moved to Colombia. They join with the expectation that they´ll have a chance to get to the US or Europe.

I have to agree with JimD on this matter.  These girls who expect men to move and live in Colombia - must be very unintelligent girls!

FIRST RULE:
How will he make a living when he move to Colombia  (unless he is retired or have a business in Colombia or already have sufficient of savings!)

I have met few ladies who expected me to live with her in Colombia.  My 1st question to her was a simple one  "What work will I do in Colombia?"  They, all say, "I do not know"

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2010, 06:55:13 AM »

Offline Zon

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59:21 AM »
When you live in Colombia, you see many of the "most eligible" (yes I mean physically attractive / ambition / willing to learn English / and quite often part time prepagos) women who are in agencies living in the city - shopping; out on the town.  There These girls are very active and have many many choices.  THERE ARE SUCCESSFUL MEN IN COLOMBIA THAT ARE SEEKING THESE SAME WOMEN.

If a woman comes from a good family, and is intelligent, maybe even rich ... don't expect her to want to leave Colombia.  To think that ALL women - especially the most desirable in agencies / most likely outside - are motivated by escape is incorrect.

Now girls that are struggling, living in a low strata barrio, and essentially desperate - well, yes a ticket out of hell is a great way to spice up one's dating life.  That is why there are so many train wrecks when AM meet and marry poor girls.    Many of these women - unfortunately - have been abused since childhood. 

Of course, there are nice girls in agencies too, but be careful and approach with a balanced understanding.

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:05 AM »
At the beginning of this process I would have agreed with you. Simply based on the fact that logically that is what you or I would do, join an agency with hopes at escaping a bad situation. But the reality is that most are not trying to leave at all. And many are hoping to find a guy with enough cash or business savvy that they could live in Colombia and set up a small business there or something. At least the majority of girls I have met. They are not really so rational like you or I. That is a huge difference I see between women from the States and Colombia.

If you don't believe me, go to a "real agency" like Jamies and go out on some dates and ask the women these things. And you will find out the truth. If you only use sites such as Colombiancupid.com and things like that, you will meet mostly prepago/interesada types and for sure they will be dying to come to the States ASAP.

Colombia was voted #1 or 2 as the "happiest people" in the world recently. They love Colombia and the life there even though they may be poor. I don't think the girls are trying to "escape" anything, I think they guys there are just simply not very marraige minded and would prefer to have a virtual harem of hotties and not commit to any one girl.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
I have to agree with JimD on this matter.  These girls who expect men to move and live in Colombia - must be very unintelligent girls!

FIRST RULE:
How will he make a living when he move to Colombia  (unless he is retired or have a business in Colombia or already have sufficient of savings!)

I have met few ladies who expected me to live with her in Colombia.  My 1st question to her was a simple one  "What work will I do in Colombia?"  They, all say, "I do not know"
They expect us to continue being what most of us are in the first place: Smart, savvy, businessmen with experience and ability to make things happen. If there are Colombians doing OK with business there, then they think it should be no problem for us to do the same.

Also they think that we have cash saved up. Which is true for the most part, because otherwise, how are we making expensive trips down there like we do?

Especially with the internet the way it is, they are thinking "maybe it is possible they can move here".

I have met a lot of guys who have done that exact thing.

Offline JimD

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Colombian women are gorgeous but they are also far more devious than what we are accustomed to in the US. Any gringo would be wise to take anything a colombiana says with a few grains of salt.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
Jim D, you are right with that one! I tell them straight up that I have witnessed a huge number of liars there, and my Colombian friends themselves advise me not to believe anything there. So I just make it known that I will only believe things I can see with my own eyes. And even then it has to happen for some time before I start to trust them. If they are offended by this, oh well. If I were them, I would do the same thing with dealing with gringos because I have heard some crazy stories about us as well.

Just base the whole relationship on actions and not words. And ask around. Do your due diligence or you may pay a high price later.

Offline JimD

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
Well said AB.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »
AB

I know about Colombianas that have told too many lies ..............  I prefer to catch their liars rather than what other people have told me or tried to tell me.

My ex-prometida, Liz Cortez from Bogota had told me too many lies.  One day, I caught her in 'Badoo' looking for boyfriend.  She accidently invited me in my 'work' e-mail address which she never knew about, but did not invite to my personal e-mail.  I decided to make a fake profile and fake photo.  I asked her if she has a boyfriend or is married.  She said "If I have a boyfriend, I wouldn't be here" - and she gave the 'fake' me her phone number! Lol

A month later, I decided to confront her, but she denied that she has a profile.  She told me that she hasn’t been there for 3 years.  What a poor liar!

1 – Badoo always shows when they were online last

2 – Her photo wasn’t even a year old let alone 3 years!  (It was taken 8 months prior)

Every time when she was online MSN, her profile in Badoo was always online at the same time! 

Offline Pivery

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »

Not all women from the lower barrios want to leave the country. My lady is from estrato 3 and could care less about the states. All she was concerned with
was that the man who proposed to her would be sincere and not end up like the Colombian dogs that have two or more women on the side.

A gold digger or a woman wanting only a visa outside of L.A. can be either from a rich or poor upbringing.

Stupidity and greed has no boundaries to what estrato the women come from.

Pivery
"Take care of your lady or somebody else will."

Offline whitey

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »
Not all women from the lower barrios want to leave the country. My lady is from estrato 3 and could care less about the states. All she was concerned with
was that the man who proposed to her would be sincere and not end up like the Colombian dogs that have two or more women on the side.

Are we going out with the same woman, Pivery?  ;)

My fiance will be moving here to Canada after we are married for several years until we can hopefully move to Colombia for at least half the year.  She's happy and has a good life in Colombia, and would be much rather I was moving there instead.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Pivery

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »

Not the same woman Whitey, but the same QUALITY of woman. They do exist and with a bit of luck and perseverance, the men who are looking
for a quality woman will also be abe to find one as well.

The estrato where the woman is from, going alone, using an agency or finding one in a chat room - none of these factors matter. What matters is
that you go into this thing with your head screwed on, not listening to the hype (one way or another) and be willing to spend some time and money.

If you are willing to do these things, finding a wife from wherever will be more the norm and not the exception. 8)

Pivery

"Take care of your lady or somebody else will."

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
Zon: I figure most guys who are serious would travel every three months or so. So if they made 4 trips, that is an entire year of MSN, hotmail, face to face time, cell phones, facebook, etc.

If a guy needs much more time than that, they are either not very serious, or not very intelligent, or both.

After four trips or a year of knowing someone, you should be ready to roll the dice or not. Because just as you mentioned in your post, when you are coming there they are on their best behavior, and no matter if you make 4 or 14 trips, they can be "on their best behavior" during the trips and you will never know what the real deal is.

I'm going to have to agree with Alabamaboy on this one.  Sadly for many of us, once we get the world by the tail, we don't have it that way for long. The number of good healthy years can be counted on two hands maybe throw in a foot or two if you are a little younger or lucky.  There is a consequence for being overly cautious and that is that time keeps going by and some of the remaining healthy years are spent alone without a wife or family. 
Of course all of this matters less if you are not all that interested in marriage and/or children with your latina babe.  In that case, taking time and playing for field for an extended period of time makes perfect sense.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline chameleon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »
I'm going to have to agree with Alabamaboy on this one.  Sadly for many of us, once we get the world by the tail, we don't have it that way for long. The number of good healthy years can be counted on two hands maybe throw in a foot or two if you are a little younger or lucky.  There is a consequence for being overly cautious and that is that time keeps going by and some of the remaining healthy years are spent alone without a wife or family. 
Of course all of this matters less if you are not all that interested in marriage and/or children with your latina babe.  In that case, taking time and playing for field for an extended period of time makes perfect sense.

Fathertime!

I was just reading up on some old threads about Jaime's service and I like this post. FT is pretty good about adding perspective to any question, and I'm not ashamed to say that a couple of his posts have altered the way I think about marriage, what I want from a wife, etc.

I'm 31. I've dated a lot of women in my home country, most of them attractive, some very successful, etc. I'm not married but I do want to be. I feel like I'm missing out by not being married. I want to start building the rest of my life. My life is unbalanced and I don't want what should be the best years of my life to keep passing by alone with my only focus being on work.

An agency will allow me to meet as many girls in a weekend that are interested in marriage as I would meet in 2 years of regular dating. It's a pretty simple decision for me.

I also think that the cost of dating internationally is not as high as some might believe, relative to the cost of dating locally, which some people forget isn't free.

As for getting to know someone and how long that takes, consider this. If things go well it's possible that in a year you'll spend 2-4 concentrated weeks with someone, plus all the phone/webcam time. In regular dating where you see each other once or twice a week for a couple to few hours and probably don't spend nearly as much time on the phone/web together, I think it actually takes longer, unless you actually live together.

And btw, living together prior to marriage is positively correlated with higher divorce rates. It's surprising but has been verified in multiple studies.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »

I was just reading up on some old threads about Jaime's service and I like this post. FT is pretty good about adding perspective to any question, and I'm not ashamed to say that a couple of his posts have altered the way I think about marriage, what I want from a wife, etc.

I'm 31. I've dated a lot of women in my home country, most of them attractive, some very successful, etc. I'm not married but I do want to be. I feel like I'm missing out by not being married. I want to start building the rest of my life. My life is unbalanced and I don't want what should be the best years of my life to keep passing by alone with my only focus being on work.

An agency will allow me to meet as many girls in a weekend that are interested in marriage as I would meet in 2 years of regular dating. It's a pretty simple decision for me.

I also think that the cost of dating internationally is not as high as some might believe, relative to the cost of dating locally, which some people forget isn't free.

As for getting to know someone and how long that takes, consider this. If things go well it's possible that in a year you'll spend 2-4 concentrated weeks with someone, plus all the phone/webcam time. In regular dating where you see each other once or twice a week for a couple to few hours and probably don't spend nearly as much time on the phone/web together, I think it actually takes longer, unless you actually live together.

And btw, living together prior to marriage is positively correlated with higher divorce rates. It's surprising but has been verified in multiple studies.
Chameleon!

Thanks for breathing life back into this ancient thread, that started in 2007 when we were all mere puppies here!  I'm glad you found some useful thoughts within the thread!  It is somewhat fascinating to see how parts of ideologies regarding women evolve over time and how other parts don't change much!
Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline 5Alive

• Probie
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2016, 05:34:05 AM »
I am not down on AW like many of you. I have met/dated some very good ladies . My problem with AW is purely physical and nothing to do with the way they treated me. Call me superficial and I will answer, well, yes, so 50% of women only lin an agency to see if they can scoff a visa is a lot worse the AW IMHO.

KB

Oh really, so many of them plan to leave after they get their visa? How do you weed these women out?

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2016, 07:38:56 AM »
Oh really, so many of them plan to leave after they get their visa? How do you weed these women out?

Wow

That post was a long time ago, but I would say that this still applies.

Weed them out by spending as much time around them as you can and their family. Observe their culture, habits, work ethic and take notes on how many times they ask you for money, or help for their family.If you get that a lot, then move on.I did not take that advice with my Ex Colombian wife but I lived in my Ecuadorian wife's home with her family for 6 weeks  before making a decision to marry her and we are almost 10 years now married.

But if you only have a few weeks a couple of times a year to spend with the lady, the chances you will get burned are astronomical. IMHO
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »

Be leery, but not pessimistic. A bit afraid, but not scared witless.

I realize it's not common for guys to have a few weeks to go abroad twice in the same year and of course, none of this is inexpensive. But in the meantime, I recommend really jumping in the pool and meeting as many women on-line and abroad for at least a good year. By then, start weaning down from hundreds to dozens and then to a handful, until you are communicating everyday via phone and webcam. Getting to that point and having had real, face to face time, you can begin to think seriously.

Aside from the on-line and the regular 'boots on the ground' approach, Jamie has a good reputation and a number of guys here have gotten good results there--I wouldn't rule out agencies. Seems typically that the guys who had bad luck w/ Jamie's services didn't listen to his advice. If you've got the money and they've got good advice, take their good advice objectively and they'll take your money fairly, should you pick a sound agency.

It might not be fair (not that love and war is) but judge her also by her friends and family. If they're full of dysfunction and drama, no matter how far she moves, part of that will follow her.

Some guys live for the fight, liking a feisty woman--having blow ups and then great sex after. From what I've seen and heard, it sounds quite possible to have the later part, w/o having lots of arguments and dramas. It might be more common in Asia to have an 'even' temperament--but we have a number of guys here successfully in long term with Latinas who don't mention flying plates, or flaming curtains.

You get down to finalist territory and you ought to know each other's schedule like clockwork and expect zero excuses, zero ambiguity.

If you're serious, she ought to know it and vice versa, and she shouldn't be giving you an ultimatum, unless you're stringing her out for yearS and not visiting, not following up on promises.

Players get played.

If she expects financial support and has designs on how you should handle your schedule and your finances, run. Even a  good woman of very modest means will try to not come across as needy and she should be too proud to beg, out of her own self respect.

But I think it's safe to say that the more time you take, while being acutely aware of red flags, little things that could be big things later on, the better your chances of not getting bit by a green card shark. Or ---and it'd hurt almost as much, hurt by a woman who simply had no idea she'd hate living with you and where you are at geographically--that her family, culture--maybe the weather and city, are things she misses more than you. After a while, the honeymoon euphoria ends and reality can be a cold bitch slap.

Get to know her, her bad moods and be sure to show your ass and admit your shortcomings so hopefully there are no big, bad surprises later on.

Don't ask leading questions, telling her exactly what you want or she'll play the part to best actress honors levels. Sure we want to impress and attract women, but money and a ticket to the land of milk and honey shouldn't be top priorities. You start dangling carrots in front of her, you better have a farm.

Try and get as clear and idea of what characteristics---age, education, personality, income, body type etc. that you're looking for and don't get blinded by boobs and a killer smile. That said, be ready to shift your parameters a bit if something (beside looks) compensates for a shortcoming in a non critical area.

This isn't a shake and bake, add money and expect long term commitment kind of scenario. But there are ways to reduce risk.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:01:10 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »

If she expects financial support and has designs on how you should handle your schedule and your finances, run. Even a  good woman of very modest means will try to not come across as needy and she should be too proud to beg, out of her own self respect.

This is a rule I've always followed and I suggest every newbie do the same. There's nothing wrong with helping when the relationship is established, but request right off the jump are a huge red flag! $100 here and there doesn't seem like much to us (although it can really get stretched out some places in Latin America) but you've began the slow process of creating a monster the first time you agree to financially assist your girlfriend or her family. The simple fact is I've dated Latinas that were from poor backgrounds that didn't ask me for a dime....EVER!!! Think about it...if they've survived 20, 25 or maybe even 30 years without your assistance, why is it absolutely necessary all of a sudden?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:28 PM »
Heyo, heyo----anybody notice Benjio just passed # 2  0  0  0?

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:33 AM »
We all the biggest problem with Jamies agency and that is he makes us use his accommodation and at $100 a night. I wouldn't mind as much, but it's very basic accommodation at that and in the agency itself so no privacy really.  I do think he would attract far more customers if he changed this.
Take LAI in Bogota.  They have there own accommodation and only charge $50 a night. A huge difference on a 2 week stay. In fact $600 difference which is coSt of the airfare

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »
We all the biggest problem with Jamies agency and that is he makes us use his accommodation and at $100 a night. I wouldn't mind as much, but it's very basic accommodation at that and in the agency itself so no privacy really.  I do think he would attract far more customers if he changed this.
Take LAI in Bogota.  They have there own accommodation and only charge $50 a night. A huge difference on a 2 week stay. In fact $600 difference which is coSt of the airfare

As I mentioned a few months ago, I'm pretty sure Jamie no longer uses the house where he was lodging clients as the agency anymore. I stopped by the new location while I was in Barranquilla and it's a much smaller, strictly office type of property in a better neighborhood. This time I stayed in a hotel because he didn't have space, but the time before my last trip he put me up in a nice, upscale apartment. I believe he rents at least two of them in Barranquilla for clients. I'm not sure whether or not he still forces clients to use his lodging, but for any foreigner staying in Barranquilla for an extended period of time, $100 a night for what he offers always seemed fair in my opinion. As previously mentioned I stayed in a hotel this last trip. It was about $95 USD per night (probably inflated a bit with Carnaval being so close). I had no washer and dryer so I had to use their laundry service which is always very expensive in hotels. No kitchen to cook in so I had to order room service or eat out (when I didn't want to go and eat at a friends). And another thing is Jamie's maid, who will actually do the laundry and the cooking for you if you ask. 

I do agree with you though CDR....this shouldn't be a requirement to use his services.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2016, 08:32:25 PM »
Ha ha---stupid me--I should've learned a long time ago not to invest too much time in answering a question from a guy posting for the first time. A few of us did and then the guy never even came back a second time to see if anybody replied!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 422