It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Been there twice,but not recently  (Read 2300 times)

Offline TimGC

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Been there twice,but not recently
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
New to here !
I went and visited my fiancee in 2012 and 2014 for 3 weeks each time and got engaged in May of 2014.
Stayed at her estate in Cabatuan each time,met family,good relations from one and all.
She is a corporate chef in Dubai and we WERE planning on entering into the K-1 visa in April,but we both forgot that we had to have seen each other in the last two years.SOoooooooo..........now marrying in the Philippines is looking the best.
My question to one and all is this>>>>>>what have you found to be the time ofwaiting IF you married in the Philippines to when she was able to come to America!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Been there twice,but not recently
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »
New to here !
I went and visited my fiancee in 2012 and 2014 for 3 weeks each time and got engaged in May of 2014.
Stayed at her estate in Cabatuan each time,met family,good relations from one and all.
She is a corporate chef in Dubai and we WERE planning on entering into the K-1 visa in April,but we both forgot that we had to have seen each other in the last two years.SOoooooooo..........now marrying in the Philippines is looking the best.
My question to one and all is this>>>>>>what have you found to be the time ofwaiting IF you married in the Philippines to when she was able to come to America!

Not sure about waiting times lately between fiancée or spousal visas--they vary from year to year, from USCIS service center assigned, etc. I think Visajourney.com would be another good place to get answers. I don't think you should need to involve an attorney, but pictures with her family, any letters, texts, hotels, fight records--really any evidence you've been in some sort of relationship for a while can't hurt.

Nice to see people not rushing into things. Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:49:36 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline TimGC

• Probie
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »
Thank you so much for the quick reply.....appreciate it and the contact info. I have went through this process before in 2000-02,but we decided it would not work out and she went home on day 87 on the K-1.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the quick reply.....appreciate it and the contact info. I have went through this process before in 2000-02,but we decided it would not work out and she went home on day 87 on the K-1.

Nice save!! Most people are hellbent on trying to make it work after they've gone that far. With varying results of course.

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:39:15 PM »
Hi Tim,

I have done both the K-1 and spouse visa.

I think the marriage in the Philippines with the spouse immigrant visa has many advantages and is much more rewarding.

I waited about 10 months from marriage to her arrival in the States.

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 07:38:37 PM »
It's been a while, but a fiancee visa took less than six months for us. As indicated, Visajourney.com is an excellent resource and should quickly give you info on processing times for spousal and fiancee visas, as well as differences in times from USCIS site to site. Not that you get to choose your processing site.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline JamesDonut

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 12:31:36 AM »
It's been a while, but a fiancee visa took less than six months for us. As indicated, Visajourney.com is an excellent resource and should quickly give you info on processing times for spousal and fiancee visas, as well as differences in times from USCIS site to site. Not that you get to choose your processing site.

+1 on the Visajourney.com recommendation.  There is a wealth of information and support on there.  Good luck with the CR-1. 

Also welcome TimGC to the forums. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:33:33 AM by JamesDonut »
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5872
Latest: Eugenewes
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 100