It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2669 times)

Offline LaFunTime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »
Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to trying to find a wife from Europe (Ukraine). I live in North Dakota (with our oil boom guys outnumber girls 10-1) and want to find a wife. Anyways, I am 28 and plan on making a trip to the Philippines in the summer. I look forward to getting advice/help from you all. Hopefully one day I will be able to give my own advice on here!

Gato4Astrid

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »
Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to trying to find a wife from Europe (Ukraine). I live in North Dakota (with our oil boom guys outnumber girls 10-1) and want to find a wife. Anyways, I am 28 and plan on making a trip to the Philippines in the summer. I look forward to getting advice/help from you all. Hopefully one day I will be able to give my own advice on here!

First of all, welcome to the forum.    I am bit confused.  Are you trying to find a wife from Ukraine or Philippines?    If you are planning on making a trip to the Phillippines in the summer, then you better focus on ladies from there.

There are many websites for you to join, including  cherryblossoms.com   (I am not expert on any other sites. Other guys, here will tell you more about it)

Offline LaFunTime

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
I started looking at The Ukraine first, but with how dangerous it is with Russia right now, have started looking more at the Philippines.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:32:02 AM »
Good luck.  Cherryblossoms website.  Try to register there and see if you get many interests which I am sure you will receive. 

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:36:04 AM »

buy the book "culture shock"

it will help you understand the Philippines

I learned a lot of things that i never knew

you don't want to take a trip to the other side of the planet & end up insulting people

because you didn't do a little homework before arriving

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 08:15:06 PM »

buy the book "culture shock-Philippines" by Roces

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:03:59 AM »
My advise to you is GO. Go see with your own eyes, listen with your own ears, touch with your own hands, and go love with your own (it will be broken at least once) heart.

My opinion the Pinay's are the sweetest ladies on the earth.  The ladies in the former USSR are reported to be cold but go see for yourself.

Offline Jhengsman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »
Our summer is not the best time weather wise for the Philippines and around Christmas and Holy Week is bad cost wise. You may want to trade up vacation periods if possible and take the off season vacation times in America.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 07:57:21 AM »
Our summer is not the best time weather wise for the Philippines and around Christmas and Holy Week is bad cost wise. You may want to trade up vacation periods if possible and take the off season vacation times in America.

oh also don't forget to tell him that Christmas starts in Sept & end the 1st week of Jan

i still can't understand that  ::)
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:44 AM »
Yea, summer is very hot and rainy, but it seems to me like it's always so hot that you're going to sweat 12 months of the year in most places anyway. The higher the elevation the cooler, but by and large, most places are lower elevation.

At least most women will be taking a handkerchief and wiping the sweat off your back and face the whole time--my wife still feels a wet back leads to sickness later on and that it's just bad hygiene.

Have to admit that more than weather--which again--where we go it's either hot or very hot, we go when the airfare is most reasonable. We also have to go when our schedule's allow, so we dance around those factors. Would love to see Christmas and Easter there, but it's so expensive!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 08:19:26 PM »
There is rain, but I got caught in a typhoon  :o  that made landfall on my wife's birthday one year.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 08:39:48 PM »
There is rain, but I got caught in a typhoon  :o  that made landfall on my wife's birthday one year.

No doubt. It used to be that the people in Mindanao, which is the second largest island in the nation and has over 25 million people, never got typhoons--it was too far south. Then in 2012, they got a terrible one that caused the greatest loss of life anywhere on earth that year. My in-laws didn't have electricity or water running to their house for six months and the farm was destroyed. Now, they sort of expect more. So yes, typhoons are definitely something to give thought to.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
If you're in N. Dakota, you need a gal who is highly adaptable.  For that, you'd be wise to focus on the Philippines.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0