It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: This Forums as Dead as ts ever been  (Read 18830 times)

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: This Forums as Dead as ts ever been
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »

Gringos.com and PoorButHappy.com were both brought down by excessive, brutish trolling that was becoming overwhelming and even criminal.
Neither site was comparable to Planet-Love. Gringos.com and PBH were about the whole range of issues that expats, especially men looking for a girlfriend, deal with around the world, with a lot of emphasis on Colombia in particular.

Planet-Love was more focused on finding a wife. It started out to be a world-wide venue for men looking for a wife and how to bring her home when you found her. The tenor here was very different and more focused than on the other sites.
Most of the attention on PL now is focused on Philippines and Colombia. Probably because these two countries offer the best opportunities for gringos to meet girls.

I´ve lived in Colombia a lot of years and married and settled down here, but I do from time to time look at other parts of the world to see if the grass might be greener, and quite frankly it is not. I just yesterday happened on a new web site for Americans and I did a search for ages 30 to 50, which is the age range I would search in Colombia if I were still looking. I was absolutely appalled at the number of American women that were utterly unattractive, primarily because of being fat/obese and obviously out of shape physically.

On that site there were 20 members per page and on each page I might see one or two that I would be interested in starting a conversation. Comparatively, on the Colombian Cupid page I would see 10 out of 20 that I would want to start a conversation with. Probably 4 out of 20 on the Colombian Cupid site would be considered chubby, still acceptable to me if other characteristics matched mine, but, in Colombia only 2 out of 20 would be considered fat/obese.

I guess I´m particularly fastidious about the weight issue because I´m an ex-fat man who changed his life dramatically by going from obese to normal in one year of proper diet and exercise. I´m also an ex-smoker. I can´t help preaching to people about their filthy habits of smoking and overeating and under exercising.

The Colombian Connections site you mentioned is the direct outgrowth of PBH. Most of the active, posting members (there are about a dozen of them) are also moderators who survived the PBH aftermath. They do not tolerate any form of trolling and they do not tolerate discussion about a range of topics that could be considered hot buttons, like where is the best city in Colombia to get laid without strings attached. Most discussions on CoConn are about culture and world politics and quite frankly not very interesting.

There is another forum called Expat Exchange that is populated by a range of persons living in or interested in living in a foreign country. There are forums for a hundred countries at least through the Expat Exchange. Most of the discussions on the Colombian Expat Exchange are about how to visit, how to move here, how to retire here, how to live here, how to work here, lots of how to stuff, but almost nothing about how to meet a wife here.

That´s why Planet Love has always been valuable to me because I came to Colombia to find a wife and take her back to the US and I was very successful in the first part, but not the second. As it turns out, it is simpler, cheaper, more relaxing-less stressful, to just stay here full time. With the money I save because of the much lower cost of living I am able to visit the US and get my fix of Ben and Jerry´s and pulled pork barbecue and Pastrami on Bulky Roll and so on. I go to the US to visit often enough that it keeps from ever wanting to live there again.

I think there are MANY more gringos coming to Colombia now than ever before. In the city where I live we have a loosely knit group of expats that meets for lunch and our little group is expanding quickly. When I joined a couple years ago there were a dozen or so, now there are at least a hundred.
Part of that has to do with the improving economy in the US giving gringos more discretionary income than in the years following the 2007 Great Recession. Another part has to do with the improving security situation in Colombia. It´s been a long time since a gringo was kidnapped and chained to a tree in the jungle and held for ransom.

Why Colombia? The reasons haven´t changed. Attractive and accessible women that have an open acceptability and approachability and have not yet discovered militant feminism, low cost of living, relaxed lifestyle, excellent climate.

More and more gringos are being attracted to Colombia for these reasons and these same gringos should be prime candidates for joining and participating on Planet Love. This is their kind of place and they should be welcomed here. I think the reasons why this increasing number of gringos is not joining and posting on Planet-Love is because of the last few years of attack posts and outright trolling that have been going on here. When a potential newbie reads what is being posted here they are either intimidated and don´t join or they are turned off by the negativity and continual harping from the troll(s).

I came on board P-L about 2007 under a different name and I read posts daily about the kind of life I saw other guys living and I wanted to do that too. I wanted to be married to a young, sexy woman who would treat me like a king and I could take care of her and treat her like my queen. There were lots of guys doing that in those days and they posted lots of good stuff that I learned a lot from those guys.

Thing started changing on P-L about late 2011 when Dan bought the site and into early 2012 when a couple of posters began to act like over zealous, mean cops. Every post, especially by a newbie, got ripped apart and treated like it was garbage and outright lies.

Some of the posters I remember being particularly vociferous were long time members like Researcher and Fathertime and Ray. They seemed to tag team newbies and insult and intimidate to a point where fewer and fewer newbies posted. These self appointed cops  seemed to resent anyone who came in with what they considered stupid or redundant questions and always treated newbies as if they were competition. A lot of their harassment's were just plain trolling. Topped off with the latest troll who has systematically gone after each and every poster here. Except he has never attacked Fathertime. Hmmmm, I wonder about that.

I changed my screen name around 2012 to get away from a couple trollers that were just becoming unbearable. At the time I looked around for another forum that would have value for me, but found none similar to Planet Love. I joined Gringos and PBH and a few others but they were just not informative about the topic I was most interested in, How To Find a Wife in Colombia.

I´m sad that P-L has strayed so far from where it once was. Some other members have talked with me about this and some of these members say the big change had to do with the new owner Dan when he took over the site in 2011 and started to enforce rules haphazardly, banning good members and letting bad members continue to harass people.

Whatever happened to cause this demise, I´m sorry for it. The site was very valuable to me and I made some good friends here and I learned a lot about how other guys were being successful.

But, in my opinion, the reason the site is so weakly populated now is because newbies were immediately discouraged from posting, and because the intimidators were allowed, seemingly even enabled, to continue their harassment unimpeded.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Cherub I joined in 2011 and your account is accurate.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »
Awesome's been on in the last couple of weeks. AndyLee's been on in the last week. When he came back in the summer, with verbs and adjectives ablazing, the moderator happened to be watching and pit him on 35% watched, moderated status. Neither decided to post anything the last couple times apparently.

AndyLee's had some difficulty with the PL interface, with starting new threads and some of his posts didn't go through----probably a glitch and if so, not the  first time that's happened here. But the two of them should be able to post. AndyLee's technical situation was reported, but last sign of a moderator being around was almost back in mid August.

People also sometimes come back under different user names.

The Asian side of this forum has been all but dead for a long time. Last time I checked, the Russian side was holding it's own. But the Latin, the Asian and Russian forums have some marked differences in the probably not just the nature of posts, but in the general personality types.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »

Gringos.com and PoorButHappy.com were both brought down by excessive, brutish trolling that was becoming overwhelming and even criminal.
Neither site was comparable to Planet-Love. Gringos.com and PBH were about the whole range of issues that expats, especially men looking for a girlfriend, deal with around the world, with a lot of emphasis on Colombia in particular.

Planet-Love was more focused on finding a wife. It started out to be a world-wide venue for men looking for a wife and how to bring her home when you found her. The tenor here was very different and more focused than on the other sites.
Most of the attention on PL now is focused on Philippines and Colombia. Probably because these two countries offer the best opportunities for gringos to meet girls.

I´ve lived in Colombia a lot of years and married and settled down here, but I do from time to time look at other parts of the world to see if the grass might be greener, and quite frankly it is not. I just yesterday happened on a new web site for Americans and I did a search for ages 30 to 50, which is the age range I would search in Colombia if I were still looking. I was absolutely appalled at the number of American women that were utterly unattractive, primarily because of being fat/obese and obviously out of shape physically.

On that site there were 20 members per page and on each page I might see one or two that I would be interested in starting a conversation. Comparatively, on the Colombian Cupid page I would see 10 out of 20 that I would want to start a conversation with. Probably 4 out of 20 on the Colombian Cupid site would be considered chubby, still acceptable to me if other characteristics matched mine, but, in Colombia only 2 out of 20 would be considered fat/obese.

I guess I´m particularly fastidious about the weight issue because I´m an ex-fat man who changed his life dramatically by going from obese to normal in one year of proper diet and exercise. I´m also an ex-smoker. I can´t help preaching to people about their filthy habits of smoking and overeating and under exercising.

The Colombian Connections site you mentioned is the direct outgrowth of PBH. Most of the active, posting members (there are about a dozen of them) are also moderators who survived the PBH aftermath. They do not tolerate any form of trolling and they do not tolerate discussion about a range of topics that could be considered hot buttons, like where is the best city in Colombia to get laid without strings attached. Most discussions on CoConn are about culture and world politics and quite frankly not very interesting.

There is another forum called Expat Exchange that is populated by a range of persons living in or interested in living in a foreign country. There are forums for a hundred countries at least through the Expat Exchange. Most of the discussions on the Colombian Expat Exchange are about how to visit, how to move here, how to retire here, how to live here, how to work here, lots of how to stuff, but almost nothing about how to meet a wife here.

That´s why Planet Love has always been valuable to me because I came to Colombia to find a wife and take her back to the US and I was very successful in the first part, but not the second. As it turns out, it is simpler, cheaper, more relaxing-less stressful, to just stay here full time. With the money I save because of the much lower cost of living I am able to visit the US and get my fix of Ben and Jerry´s and pulled pork barbecue and Pastrami on Bulky Roll and so on. I go to the US to visit often enough that it keeps from ever wanting to live there again.

I think there are MANY more gringos coming to Colombia now than ever before. In the city where I live we have a loosely knit group of expats that meets for lunch and our little group is expanding quickly. When I joined a couple years ago there were a dozen or so, now there are at least a hundred.
Part of that has to do with the improving economy in the US giving gringos more discretionary income than in the years following the 2007 Great Recession. Another part has to do with the improving security situation in Colombia. It´s been a long time since a gringo was kidnapped and chained to a tree in the jungle and held for ransom.

Why Colombia? The reasons haven´t changed. Attractive and accessible women that have an open acceptability and approachability and have not yet discovered militant feminism, low cost of living, relaxed lifestyle, excellent climate.

More and more gringos are being attracted to Colombia for these reasons and these same gringos should be prime candidates for joining and participating on Planet Love. This is their kind of place and they should be welcomed here. I think the reasons why this increasing number of gringos is not joining and posting on Planet-Love is because of the last few years of attack posts and outright trolling that have been going on here. When a potential newbie reads what is being posted here they are either intimidated and don´t join or they are turned off by the negativity and continual harping from the troll(s).

I came on board P-L about 2007 under a different name and I read posts daily about the kind of life I saw other guys living and I wanted to do that too. I wanted to be married to a young, sexy woman who would treat me like a king and I could take care of her and treat her like my queen. There were lots of guys doing that in those days and they posted lots of good stuff that I learned a lot from those guys.

Thing started changing on P-L about late 2011 when Dan bought the site and into early 2012 when a couple of posters began to act like over zealous, mean cops. Every post, especially by a newbie, got ripped apart and treated like it was garbage and outright lies.

Some of the posters I remember being particularly vociferous were long time members like Researcher and Fathertime and Ray. They seemed to tag team newbies and insult and intimidate to a point where fewer and fewer newbies posted. These self appointed cops  seemed to resent anyone who came in with what they considered stupid or redundant questions and always treated newbies as if they were competition. A lot of their harassment's were just plain trolling. Topped off with the latest troll who has systematically gone after each and every poster here. Except he has never attacked Fathertime. Hmmmm, I wonder about that.

I changed my screen name around 2012 to get away from a couple trollers that were just becoming unbearable. At the time I looked around for another forum that would have value for me, but found none similar to Planet Love. I joined Gringos and PBH and a few others but they were just not informative about the topic I was most interested in, How To Find a Wife in Colombia.

I´m sad that P-L has strayed so far from where it once was. Some other members have talked with me about this and some of these members say the big change had to do with the new owner Dan when he took over the site in 2011 and started to enforce rules haphazardly, banning good members and letting bad members continue to harass people.

Whatever happened to cause this demise, I´m sorry for it. The site was very valuable to me and I made some good friends here and I learned a lot about how other guys were being successful.

But, in my opinion, the reason the site is so weakly populated now is because newbies were immediately discouraged from posting, and because the intimidators were allowed, seemingly even enabled, to continue their harassment unimpeded.

Just my 2 cents worth.

You are probably riht about PBH, but Gringos.com was brought down because the owner just had enough, thats all. Nothing more.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Man this is just the internet guys,

Dont take things too seriously..

I think Benjio has a pretty good attitude

Some guys need a valuim

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
Nice to see everyone is doing well!  ;D ;D

I've never met FT in person but I recall some members that have and he recently made an offer to have a beer with me in Colombia so I think whatever Cherub is insinuating may be a little far-fetched. Generally men willing to meet in person are who they present themselves to be online. At least from my experience. As far as multi-member conspiracies and discussion board aliases....Why? I mean seriously... ???

I once wondered what the motivation behind incessant interent trolling is. Going after every single member of a board in an attempt to discredit them in someway. When you think about it there's absolutely nothing to gain from it. And if a person thinks another group of men is so full of it...to the extent they feel they have to constantly call their bluff; why associate with them online in the first place? I used to drink at a quiet bar here in Houston in what was a popular club district a few years ago. One night a guy came in drunk off his a$$, cussing up a storm and being beligerent with the female bartenders/waitresses. He was eventually kicked out. He came back the next night doing the same thing. He was then banned for life. He came back the next weeked and started a huge argument at the door about how he shouldn't have been banned the week before. He eventually left, but returned again two days later and they finally called the cops on him. The next time he came the owner of the bar took legal action so the guy couldn't even come within 50 yards of the front door. The thing is there was nothing special about this place. It was a $hitty dive at best! It was also surrounded by dozens of other places the guy could have gone and had a drink. His purpose and pleasure had everything to do with the displeasure of others. He enjoyed making people miserable and uncomfortable. That's sort of how I look at trolls on discussion boards. Someone who would go to the extent of doing everything they possibly could to get banned, then creating another user just to return and do the same thing in a place they obviously aren't welcomed. And no matter what...they won't stop. How unsatisfied does a person have to be with their own lives when they find so much pleasure in shoving that misery down other people's throat. And not even in real life....on the internet!! It's an aspect of human behavior I'll never quite understand.

In the end I look at it like this. If you were in a room with an obnoxious child that was making a ton of noise, your choices are limited. You can't discipline a child that's not yours these days no matter how bad they're acting. And if they're acting that way there's been a lack of discipline by the parents (moderators) before you entered the room. You could choose to ignore the kid. The problem is you can still hear though. In that situation, your only viable option is leaving the room; which is what it seems like most of the guys here have done. Some people have a lot more patience with misbehaving kids than others though. And sometimes it's just plain funny to sit around and watch a child throw tantrums.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:27:17 AM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 11:29:07 AM »
Part of why this place is so dead is because the world has changed and P-L really hasn't. I'd be a hypocrite to deny that I'm essentially using the same skill set myself. And it's us as much as it is the construct of this site.

All the social networking options, easy, free phone calls, more web camming options, instagram, FB,  face time, viber, skype,  whatsapp and more have changed things. It's a smaller world and easier to make contact in one way or another.

Sure the same sorts of games are played, and their are if anything, more red flags to look out for. But we don't get as many guys scared to death of flying to a third world country, hungry and anxious with a thousand questions, questions which got the same answers from the same people here.

Besides, a lot of guys never come/came here to ask questions in the first place, because there are a lot of other sources with answers. Besides, we probably aren't that appealing to the millenniels. I write too long and they want texts and twitters.

I think there are younger guys in their mid twenties who realize that there are women overseas that are not only hot as hell, but that the women have different mindsets and in a better way, than most of the women in their own neighborhoods. They're probably open to getting together with such women, but this site really doesn't offer the sort of interesting help and guidance most of them might buy into.

I'd dare say the membership here has on average gotten a lot older and the dialogue is 90% amongst ourselves and rather predictable at that. Very few new members stay long. Lots of bantering and bickering, working up to and predicting train wrecks, then doing the internet equivilent of rubbernecking a highway accident.

We're becoming the same old goats, eating the same grass, ocasionally dumping the end product on each other.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:49 PM »
Fathertime, do you think there is a reason why you are one of the half dozen left out of more than 5,000 who used to belong here and post here? Is it possible that your prosecutorial interrogations of everyone who posts anything you don´t like has them leaving in discouragement and disgust? There was a reason we used to call you Dan´s hitman, the sheriff of planet love.

What puzzles me is why you didn´t sign in, as Fathertime, for two months. Then, the very day Awesome and AndyLee and maybe others we don´t yet know about got banned you suddenly reappeared. Just a coincidence, I´m sure.

Dan's hit man are you serious? I happen to remember Dan getting rid of Fathertime at one time... right? and putting him on the watch list several times.... Sorry but Father time is married to a Colombian as I am and there has been times when the both of us have not been here for several months at a time because we have better things to do then listen to idiots putting stuff up here that make no sense to anyone but men with a low I.Q. Cherub why don't you go find someone else to pick on like maybe awesome or RalphMalph who will not come out and say who he was before he was banned a while ago....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »
Nobody's been banned and the moderator's modus operandi seems to be not to look at what a person did last week, month or for years here, but whatever he's doing when the Mod just happens to be here. Some members know how to play off of that. Andy Lee just happened to come back at the wrong time. That said, like I told him, I thought he was a bit over the top, coming back in after a while as he did, guns ablazing when the waters were relatively calm.

If he were judged on his overall contributions over the years, it'd probably been different. Reality is that while some of the guys who he called out have toned things down a bit, they were characters that have gone after Andy Lee at least as bad as he went after them. One with his endless, inane and antagonistic questioning, the other largely over politics, of all things.

People can change in suprising ways. Typically people who like to stoke the fight fires don't change much. They lay out their bait and rise to other's. Sort of keeps them going.

Father Time and I used to fight each other like two bobcats in a burlap bag. I'd say he's one of the sagest, most reasonable dudes here when he does choose to grace P-L these days.

I sometimes wonder if the guy quit drinking, was eating something awfully good out of his own garden, but probably more than anything,  I think it probably was (is) having a great wife and enjoying a second go round as a dad.

Who'd have thunk?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:26:47 PM by robert angel »

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »
Cherub,

I have to say that in the approximately ten years that I have been visiting this site and posting, Fathertime, Researcher, Ray and Awesome have never attacked me. While I don't always agree with what they may post, I support their right to post their opinion, different as it may be from mine. Perhaps I am just more mellow but it is only a chat board and life goes on in spite of what is posted here.  There has been much valuable information I have gained from this site over the years and even though it is much quieter than it used to be, it may be that people are not interested in this site any more as there are many other options available. When I first started to go to Colombia, there was not much information out there and this site helped me enormously. 

Just my humble opinion

Dan LV

Offline rocket

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »
Its dead because of Guys like  you, who all they want to do is criticize,  Your to old, your to young, You don;t  speak Spanish, you got bad taste, Your black, your white,
Jealousy if you have a girl , bla bla bla, These guys do not want to Help, They are so miserable with their single life get no where life , all you get is Jealous responses.
Me I go to Colombia all the time, But do you think I am going to tell these fools anything? I will keep it personal,   :o

Offline John W

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:57 PM »

Cherub,

Gringos.com was more like Planet love prior to the owner selling the site.  It was geared towards men meeting women in Colombia (mostly.)  It had a really good group of members.  I am curious if there are any old gringos.com (prior to the change) members here and if so what was your name.  I posted as Ricardo. 

Offline John W

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 11:55:36 PM »

I go to Colombia all the time

Glad to see you are still traveling to and enjoying Colombia!  Be safe!

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2016, 04:45:41 AM »
Its dead because of Guys like  you, who all they want to do is criticize,  Your to old, your to young, You don;t  speak Spanish, you got bad taste, Your black, your white,
Jealousy if you have a girl , bla bla bla, These guys do not want to Help, They are so miserable with their single life get no where life , all you get is Jealous responses.
Me I go to Colombia all the time, But do you think I am going to tell these fools anything? I will keep it personal,   :o

Rocket there is no problem with a old goat chasing young young girls including 17 year olds but when you come on here and as advise you are going going to get all types. Don't like it oh well I think there must be a forum for old goats chasing 18 year olds or maybe you could start one. I can assure you that no one here is jealous of you that is in your mind only! One last thing the only reason any young girl will hang out with a guy much older than her is for the pesos. Don't believe me don't give her any for a while or take it her out to eat at high priced restaurants and see how long they last.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2016, 04:45:41 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2016, 05:13:18 AM »

Rocket there is no problem with a old goat chasing young young girls including 17 year olds but when you come on here and as advise you are going going to get all types. Don't like it oh well I think there must be a forum for old goats chasing 18 year olds or maybe you could start one. I can assure you that no one here is jealous of you that is in your mind only! One last thing the only reason any young girl will hang out with a guy much older than her is for the pesos. Don't believe me don't give her any for a while or take it her out to eat at high priced restaurants and see how long they last.

Well that goes with the young goats too...mostly..ja.ja

And sometimes you can get a poor desperate girl from a remote village who will go out with an old saggy balled goat for a ham sandwich..

I think people are just too sensitive..who cares what others think?

If the girl is 18 years or older, and both parties benefit..who cares?

Main thing is treat people with respect.

Now people come on her and suggest getting relationship advice from a Pervie like Jake the Snake..now thats another thing..LOL

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2016, 05:33:48 AM »

Dont blame you for not posting personal information on here.

Try to keep it general. Neither would I.

Why post your dirty laundry on a public forum for everyone to see. If you need answers, or want to talk about things in your personal life, thats what friends are for, not complete strangers.

I remember once on PBH, just before it went down, Ronell posted a bunch of fotos he got that people posted on the site, and put all kinds of supposed to be funny, but quite demeaning comments on them.

I thought it was hilarious, but at that point, I had never posted a personal picture on the internet. Dont know what I would have thought if I had been one of them.

As long as the garbage doesnt spread beyond the internet page into real life its okay.How far it gets escalated is a TWO WAY STREET.

If you dont like what someone says, ignore it. I have done it with guys several times. If you dont want people to know about your personal life, dont post it. Or keep it general. Whatever.

And there are only so many people you can trust with PMs.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:36:16 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »

Well that goes with the young goats too...mostly..ja.ja

And sometimes you can get a poor desperate girl from a remote village who will go out with an old saggy balled goat for a ham sandwich..

I think people are just too sensitive..who cares what others think?

If the girl is 18 years or older, and both parties benefit..who cares?

Main thing is treat people with respect.

Now people come on her and suggest getting relationship advice from a Pervie like Jake the Snake..now thats another thing..LOL

Who does care? I don't but don't come on here whining that everyone is not slapping you on the back and saying congrats. If you have to come on here explaining that you are not doing anything and you are acting like her father give me a break. On top of it you get mad when the guys here bust your bubble... we have all seen it before.. but do I care not in the least but stop whining.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2016, 06:57:26 AM »
Dont blame you for not posting personal information on here.

Try to keep it general. Neither would I.

Why post your dirty laundry on a public forum for everyone to see. If you need answers, or want to talk about things in your personal life, thats what friends are for, not complete strangers.

I remember once on PBH, just before it went down, Ronell posted a bunch of fotos he got that people posted on the site, and put all kinds of supposed to be funny, but quite demeaning comments on them.

I thought it was hilarious, but at that point, I had never posted a personal picture on the internet. Dont know what I would have thought if I had been one of them.

As long as the garbage doesnt spread beyond the internet page into real life its okay.How far it gets escalated is a TWO WAY STREET.

If you dont like what someone says, ignore it. I have done it with guys several times. If you dont want people to know about your personal life, dont post it. Or keep it general. Whatever.

And there are only so many people you can trust with PMs.

You hit the nail on the head....DIRTY LAUNDRY...  you post it and people have a opinion one way or another.... if you cannot handle it then you have thin skin...

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »

Rocket there is no problem with a old goat chasing young young girls including 17 year olds

WTF!

Posting photos doesn't bring out the weirdos. jajaja

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:47 AM »

Why post your dirty laundry on a public forum for everyone to see.

What dirty laundry? the photos!!!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

What dirty laundry? the photos!!!
it was just a general statement, not directed to anything in particular
Okay dirty Laundry too strong a term, personal details, if you like

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »

WTF!

Posting photos doesn't bring out the weirdos. jajaja

So how long have you been on the watch list?

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2016, 05:54:21 AM »
As long as the dude understands his chica is with him 100% solely for the pesos and he is cool with that, then enjoy.  ;)

She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
As long as the dude understands his chica is with him 100% solely for the pesos and he is cool with that, then enjoy.  ;)

As long as it is a temporary thing while he is looking for someone else, and hedoesnt spend too much $. Everyone has theier own "Budget"
Or maybe its  a permanent thing, but then he should just change to another younger gold digger when he gets tired of her.
A guy in his 60s  living n social security is gonna look for some desperate  girl in some remote village, he can woo for a ham sandwich, or paying her  college course (100 mil a month) and maybe even move in with her, or move her to another place close to her family.
A guy with a fancy apartment with a Jakuzzi, stocked bars, and sports cars in the Parquedero , who cooks good pasta,is gonna attract hot young Paisas he meets on facebook. Probably get laid for a few drinks and a home cooked meal. Dont be surprise if they ask for a little extra after the deed though. You can always say "no".
Dont expect any of these gals to have a "Lilly white hisory though. I dont want to sound negative, but the percantage of Colombian women , espescially in the lower barrios, that have had to resort to prostitution at some time in their lives, is very high.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »
Speaking of PBH, for a while I used to post the links to the newspapers in Monteria and Sucre with translations of the crime stories. I did this every day and you should have heard them howl with rage - how I was slandering Colombia and Colombians etc etc etc And all I did was post the actual story along with a link to show that I wasn't making any of it up. The problem was this directly contradicted their little story that Colombia is so safe and nothing ever happens to anyone there. What a load of nonsense. They couldn't handle the truth!

Offline Ray

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »

So how long have you been on the watch list?

About a year and a half?

If my memory serves me correctly, both Calipro and I were busted about the same time for minor insults directed at the troll 'Bernard'. Bernard was banned BTW...

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864