It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: BEST WAY TO MARRIED IN COLOMBIA IS IN SAN ANDRES ISLAND  (Read 10004 times)

Offline Deamorena

• Probie
BEST WAY TO MARRIED IN COLOMBIA IS IN SAN ANDRES ISLAND
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »
Hello all...

Did you know, that the Goverment of Colombia in order to impruve & promote tourism mustly international in Colombian and speccially in San Andres island (Island from Colombia 400km from jamaica & one hour from C/tgena)
creat a law (915 from october 21/04. Art 56) which let any body from any nationality married in this Archipielago ONLY WITH THE PASSPORT, nothing else, no visas, no certification, no statements...nothing, only the valid passport .you can come to the Island and married you beloved fiancé in a day...from her the only documents will be her Colombian ID & her birth certificate , as easy like that..but the best thing is this is a caribbean island gourgeous as it is, with a seven color clear blue sea, with white beaches, so you can have the wedding of your dreams ..at the beach..at the water..in a boat..even under water..for extreme experience...and just like this..be husband & wife. and if you are ina hurry at the same notary. also two person from another nationality who want to married in here can do it also..the same with only the passport
The marriage is a civil one, celebrate by the Notary of the Island and is Valid as if you married in any notary in Colombia main land..ready to take to any embassy....so why wait more? come and get married....if you need or have further questions please do not hesitate in contact me:
calijan@yahoo.com

Offline papi

Re: BEST WAY TO MARRIED IN COLOMBIA IS IN SAN ANDRES ISLAND
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »
Dan/Catz, I have heard this before and assume that this is a promotional post. My thoughts are that you might wish to consider moving it to products/services but good info nonetheless. i for one would like more info on this topic...maybe from Ray. Quien sabes? one day El Papi might even find his Colombian keeper and need a place to get hitched without hassle...LOL
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 12:45:58 AM by papi »
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline catz

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »
Agree on the location Papi. It is moved.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »
i for one would like more info on this topic...one day El Papi might even find his Colombian keeper and need a place to get hitched without hassle...LOL

I'll help the little lady out. 

"Deamorena" (or his/her other aliases) has posted similar solicitations on a variety of other forums.  Here is where the mother ship awaits to take you away:

http://www.sanandresnoblehouse.com/sezione_wedding.htm

CIVIL MARRIAGE IN THE ISLAND

"In San Andres Islands , Thanks to LAW 915 of Oct 21 of the 2004, which give power to the Notary to make civil marriages to foreigners or nationals with the passport or its respective Colombian ID citizenship, to the style of Las Vegas , Key west or Bahamas . By such reason if you wish to have the wedding of your dreams in the beach, in a key, or a balcony by the sea or to make the unforgettable a SUBMARINE WEDDING on 30 feet under the sea wearing your diving gear, witnesses, the notary and guests, You do not need to be certified, Choose San Andres Island, Get married in here and has the wedding that never you imagine, for further information ,please do not hesitate in contact us (we have images in video of the submarine Wedding) we organized your wedding as your wish, let us know what you would like, also we offer the honeymoon in our Room Arab in our SAN ANDRES NOBLEHOUSE HOTEL, with Flowers, champagne, Breakfast deluxe and much more."

An aerial, Google snapshot: 

Gotta dig those fluffy clouds hovering over the penninsula.

Seems the proprietors ("Jannethe [Ordonez] and Arthur"; this is where the "jan" in calijan@yahoo.com comes from) will handle your accomadations, recreation, wedding planning, ice-cube making, bathing-suit stitching, foot massages, toe-nail clipping--you name it.

From elsewhere on the Net:

"San Andres Noblehouse Hotel is not a resort , is a 15 room hotel in downtown..."

"We offer 2 Junior suites and 13 comfortable rooms fully equipped."

Still, that's an extra long ways to go to avoid this--the general requirements to getting hitched in Colombia:

MARRIAGE TO A COLOMBIAN NATIONAL

The following documentary requirements must be completed to satisfy the Civil Law regarding marriage in Colombia. Please note that even if a religious ceremony is planned, the civil requirements must also be completed. A foreigner with a tourist visa CANNOT get married in Colombia. Decree No.2668/88 and 1556/89.

Requirements:

• Valid Passport with at least 3 available pages and good for a minimum of 6 months.
  • Two (2) passport copies. plain copies please.
  • Visa application form duly signed and filled out in duplicate.
  • Three (3) colored passport-type pictures (2"x2").
  • Letter from the applicant stating the purpose of the trip, name and “cedula number” (Colombian citizenship ID number) of the future spouse, and possible date of marriage.
  • Notarized letter from the Colombian citizen requesting visa for future spouse.
  • Notarized copy of the “Cedula de Ciudadania” belonging to the Colombian Citizen. This is a copy of the Colombian Citizenship ID Card duly authenticated as a true copy of the original.
  • Police criminal records, issued within the last six months, translated into Spanish and both versions (English and Spanish) must be notarized and certified with an APOSTILLE from the secretary of state of the State where it was issued. This certificate is required ONLY if you do not hold a current Colombian visa.
  • Consular Fee: US$ 175.00 (Exempt for US Citizens), plus US$28.00 for the legalization of documents supporting the application.

REQUIREMENTS NEEDED IN COLOMBIA FOR MARRIAGE

• Birth Certificate. If born outside of Colombia, applicant must obtain a certified copy of his/her birth certificate issued within three months prior to the wedding. This document must be certified with an APOSTILLE from the Secretary of State of the state where it was issued.
  • “Certificado de Solteria”: The foreigner must present a written statement, executed by two family members or close friends who have known him/her for more than ten years, stating that he/she is not married at the moment, This document must be notarized by a Notary Public in the city of issuance, and certified with an APOSTILLE from the Secretary of State of the state where it was issued.
  • Divorce decree. If the foreigner had previously been married, a certified copy by the court of the divorce decree must be presented. This document must be certified with an APOSTILLE from the Secretary of State of the state where it was issued.

APOSTILLE:

The Hague Convention abolishing the requirement of legalization for foreign documents dated October 5, 1961 entered into force for the United States on October 156, 1981. The Convention entered into force for Colombia on January 30, 2001. Documents originating in the United States require for recognition in Colombia an Apostille issued by competent U.S. authorities.
http://www.cartagenatravelguide.com/marriage_in_colombia.shtml

Peace out, my dawgs!

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline papi

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 04:59:29 PM »
Doom, it was obviously clear to me this was a promotion yet it appears that it is a lot less paperwork to get hitched on the island than elsewhere on the mainland. agree???
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 05:45:08 PM »
Doom, it was obviously clear to me this was a promotion yet it appears that it is a lot less paperwork to get hitched on the island than elsewhere on the mainland. agree???

You can get married in Cali with just a passport for $1000 bucks. Costs less if you have a birth certificate and even less if you can come up with a certified statement of singlehood.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »
The information above is outdated. Colombia got rid of the marriage visa completely. You can now get married anywhere in Colombia on a tourist visa. I have heard that San Andres has relaxed the notaria's requirements. Different notarias have always varied in what they required and whether they wanted translations etc. Best to have your novia shop around.

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »

Agreed--if this law truly exists, and if it's written as she's insinuated.  Beyond that, a gringo's gonna have to factor in the extra travel costs/logistics to see if it's all worthwhile.

You stepping up to be the canary in the coal mine?

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Deamorena

• Probie
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:26 AM »
Thank you all!!! Dear .Doombug you have more information from me than me.well this is our Job with my husband we have the San Andres noblehouse and from some years we had help many people come to the island
staying in our hotel and don't lodging in here, If you really need  nail clipped we do it for you or find somebody who can do it, everything is possible in here, if is legal. right now we have the Organization SAIWEDDINGS.COM we are promoting everywhere..You are right. We are doing everything to promoted the law everywhere and  the best way to get married in Colombia right now, when the couple is foreigner & colombian or when are two foreigner wishing to have their wedding in caribbean way. The organization plann the wedding completly independient where they  are lodging , we have  a hotel..but that's completly appart from the wedding planner.
we had this last  weeks celebrate some weddings some from our own guest , some from other hotels guest..it doesn't matter to us..we help to make this couples their dream become true.
all requieremnets you post are for colombia main land and they have changed. In the archipielago of San Andres providencia & Santa Cataliana the law it is completly different , due that our island lives mainly from toursim the govermet try to impruve more our toursim with the Law 915 /October 21/2004 and what it concern to us..art 56..check  plesae the followed web pages where you find the law: at the President  web page:
http://www.presidencia.gov.co/leyes/2004/octubre/Ley%20No.%20915.pdf
http://www.secretariasenado.gov.co/leyes/L0915004.HTM

And also the Senate..it is in spanish but you can use a traductor..always go to art 56 what it concerns  to us.
So the only thing required in here is the PASSPORT.....no need to have VISAS from any kind..NO TOURISM VISA..NO FIANCEE VISA...nothing only passport and it is so easy & fast , even from one day to the other,..but as I said before why married in here with such a hurry with this beatifull sea...the caribeban way...it is at the beach...
in a boat..in the water...etc....
so why wait? if you have your beloved COLOMBIAN  fianceé (And bilieve me, there are not one single bride who won't love the idea to get married in the island) and you really want to get married easy, fast...and extremly in a beatifull way....SAN ANDRES ISLAND IT IS THE PLACE.
so..here we are to help you...write us for further questions:
calijan@yahoo.com
info @saiweddings.com
We by emial will show you some link where are some videos of some weddings.

All the best

Jannethe

all the best

jannethe
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:26:43 AM by Dan »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0