It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Is this crazy?  (Read 29400 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Is this crazy?
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2018, 09:10:54 AM »
My friend was in the Lawyers office recently and talked to a young guy who was married to a Colombiana for 6 months.

Bought her a house for 360 million. They divorced, she gets the house.

What a bonehead.
Too many guys driving up the price of pu$$y. Settling for second or third best and spending too.much money.
I include myself in the "spending too much money" on the women category, but at least I have it, and I am 62 yo. And I wont be buying anyone cars or houses, boob and butt implants and dragging them and their Extended family to.the US.

Any guy, especially young guys, shouldnt be spoiling the girls, buying them a house..stop driving the price of pu$$y up. Your are ruining it for everyone else. Lots of competition from other girls out there, i.e. all the
Venezuelanas coming to Colombia who would settle for a lot less
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:12:55 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »
Anyone here that has brought their wife to the states successfully? I am not in a position to move to Colombia, at least until I am retirement-eligible in 15 years...

I have been happily married to 3 Colombianas.....the second one never came to the states and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have married her. But two out of three ain't bad. jajaja

Offline Calipro

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »
My friend was in the Lawyers office recently and talked to a young guy who was married to a Colombiana for 6 months.

Bought her a house for 360 million. They divorced, she gets the house.

What a bonehead.
Too many guys driving up the price of pu$$y. Settling for second or third best and spending too.much money.
I include myself in the "spending too much money" on the women category, but at least I have it, and I am 62 yo. And I wont be buying anyone cars or houses, boob and butt implants and dragging them and their Extended family to.the US.

Any guy, especially young guys, shouldnt be spoiling the girls, buying them a house..stop driving the price of pu$$y up. Your are ruining it for everyone else. Lots of competition from other girls out there, i.e. all the
Venezuelanas coming to Colombia who would settle for a lot less

You don't believe everything you hear...do you......getting 360 million pesos into Colombia is a lot of work and a time consuming process. Then he would have had to buy the house in just her name before they got married for him to not get half the house.

At some point you have to do a reality check when you hear the scary stories they tell around the camp fire.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »

I know 4 guys at least here on this site , who dont post it as much, who have been married to at least one Colombiana and it didnt work out.

Two of them.have been married to Colombianas múltiple times.

I myself am still technically married to one, but I havent talked to her in 6 years. But I wasnt dumb enough to bring her to Canadá (other than a tourist visa) though.

Does that qualify as success?

Including the gentlemen on this site, if Fathertime is still with his wife, I know 9 guys with marriages to Costeñas that have stood the test of time. I know dozens that brought women here from the Coast of Colombia and they were done within 2 years. One guy that owned an IT Company and his wife was embezzling money from him for months. A couple that left their husbands for their personal trainers (Always, always, ALWAYS make your wife get a straight, female personal trainer or refuse to pay for it!!). Another that let a friend convince her she could do a lot better than the guy that brought her here because she was very attractive. Ended up getting deported. A lot of them that press false domestic violence charges against their husbands so they didn’t have to get deported. The list goes on and on.

The combination of three characterics makes marriages to Costeñas much less likely to succeed when you bring them to the states:

1. If they are exceptionally attractive they will very quickly realize what a higher commodity they are here. A 7 in Barranquilla can very easily be a 10 in Dallas. You will inevitably have to compete with younger, better looking men with more money and you can’t be around her all the time. She will be pursued by other men. This comes down to a question of how much she really loves you.

2. They tend to live for the moment and make split second decisions without thinking about the circumstances. This kind of links in with the 1st point, because there could be a guy promising her the world that just wants to get her in bed. Then she leaves you for him, he gets what he wants and ditches her. She just destroyed a marriage for instant gratification. And she’ll try to come crawling back but what self-respecting man would forgive her? The “living for the moment” approach can also cause huge issues with finances. You’re trying to build a nest egg for retirement and all they see is a big number in an account that you both could be spending up. They have very little sense or patience for financial planning and the future.

3. The worst thing is the American Culture is not one that nutures the idea of devoted, lifelong marriages. There are several billion dollar industries that thrive on the fact that women have absolutely no problem leaving their husbands if they aren’t satified with him. In this #METOO age men are immediately viewed as the bad guy when a marriage doesn’t work and usually we have to pay dearly for our “transgressions.”
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:42:08 AM by benjio »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
Including the gentlemen on this site, if Fathertime is still with his wife, I know 9 guys with marriages to Costeñas that have stood the test of time. I know dozens that brought women here from the Coast of Colombia and they were done within 2 years. One guy that owned an IT Company and his wife was embezzling money from him for months. A couple that left their husbands for their personal trainers (Always, always, ALWAYS make your wife get a straight, female personal trainer or refuse to pay for it!!). Another that let a friend convince her she could do a lot better than the guy that brought her here because she was very attractive. Ended up getting deported. A lot of them that press false domestic violence charges against their husbands so they didn’t have to get deported. The list goes on and on.

The combination of three characterics makes marriages to Costeñas much less likely to succeed when you bring them to the states:

1. If they are exceptionally attractive they will very quickly realize what a higher commodity they are here. A 7 in Barranquilla can very easily be a 10 in Dallas. You will inevitably have to compete with younger, better looking men with more money and you can’t be around her all the time. She will be pursued by other men. This comes down to a question of how much she really loves you.

2. They tend to live for the moment and make split second decisions without thinking about the circumstances. This kind of links in with the 1st point, because there could be a guy promising her the world that just wants to get her in bed. Then she leaves you for him, he gets what he wants and ditches her. She just destroyed a marriage for instant gratification. And she’ll try to come crawling back but what self-respecting man would forgive her? The “living for the moment” approach can also cause huge issues with finances. You’re trying to build a nest egg for retirement and all they see is a big number in an account that you both could be spending up. They have very little sense or patience for financial planning and the future.

3. The worst thing is the American Culture is not one that nutures the idea of devoted, lifelong marriages. There are several billion dollar industries that thrive on the fact that women have absolutely no problem leaving their husbands if they aren’t satified with him. In this #METOO age men are immediately viewed as the bad guy when a marriage doesn’t work and usually we have to pay dearly for our “transgressions.”

And number 4 guys that just don't know what they are doing and lying to themselves about why they are doing it.

I you are bringing a hot Colombiana to the states with no plans of forming a family and having children with her then just own up to the fact that you are bringing over a semi captive sex toy that will escape one day. jajaja
And if she has no interest in having children with you then see doesn't see the relationship between the two of you lasing

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2018, 12:17:56 PM »

You don't believe everything you hear...do you......getting 360 million pesos into Colombia is a lot of work and a time consuming process. Then he would have had to buy the house in just her name before they got married for him to not get half the house.

At some point you have to do a reality check when you hear the scary stories they tell around the camp fire.

I agree..

In retrospect, the guy who told me the story is a real good friend ..but also a real big BSer..
But a year is quite a Long period where stuff like this could actually  happen..could have bought it in his name and just given it to her..if he was loaded and no skin off his back

Problem is stories like this ..whether true or not..emboldens the chicas and  them that "entitled" attitude.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »

So much of this has been said countless times, albeit worded differently here and there, but it does sound like a broken record and at that, one that falls on pretty much deaf ears.

Guys are just, especially at first, blinded to not just the sad realities, but to the even sadder possibilities likely down n the road they're traveling.

I dare say most of the above pertains to women in and outside of the USA, but obviously the pit falls of bringing a bride to the USA from abroad, pertain to that category of women. Once any woman, from here or there, gets married and resides in the USA, the playing board and the rules of the game, are the same.

I had to learn the hard way, even though my best friend then (and he still is now and he thinks my current wife is GREAT) not only refused to be my 'Best Man' at my first wedding, but he even refused to be in the wedding party PERIOD. That's because he saw and warned me that he didn't feel she was 'right' for me. HE saw the flags. I didn't listen. And again, he told me, point blank......

Maybe some of the readers, members, 'lurkers' here--whatever, DO gain useful insights on this site, but I think that the vast majority will be blinded by beautiful lady's wiles and charms, that they will ignore potential red flags described to them here, and ignore them increasingly in proportion to just how hot the woman is.

In other words, they will tolerate sh!t from a babe they view as a 9 or 10, sh!t they wouldn't go near, were she a relative 7 instead.

It's as if our cocks are like the  'divining rods' of olden days. Quackery yes, but instead of us expecting them to miraculously find water, or mineral wealth, we let our brains be foolishly persuaded, blinded by our dicks and eyes, abandoning sound knowledge, brains disengaged, oblivious to what was previously told us.

I suppose we get what we deserve most of the time, as the pros and cons of the different scenarios here have been set forth countless times.

I think most of the regulars here have been losers at this game at least once, many of us actually more than once, but if anybody is really learning as we go, it's us, rather than vast majority of newbies.

This is a site where the train wreck stories run on forever, becoming favorite, ongoing topics, but where any attempt at humor or anecdotes, outside of largely negative takes on women and the pursuit of them, are all but ignored.

This place sorely lacks a sense of variety and  humor. If anybody IS laughing, I don't think anyone's hearing it. Meanwhile, our 'advice' doesn't seem to do much good.

Hard to quantify the success -- failure rate of relationships discussed and consumated here, because 99% of the time, we never hear back. That generally means the story is not good.

No wonder this place is running on fumes---> "Is this crazy??"
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2018, 03:03:57 PM »
benjio said:
Alimony is when 2 people make a mistake and one person pays for it. "When she said 'I do', I should've asked, 'With whom?", (Rodney Dangerfield). Ok, there's the humor. Now for the medicine: When my divorce came around, my lawyer said it was going to be 45-55% split with me on the 45% end. When the beans were counted, that is pretty much how it came out. This was a red-headed American woman! So there's no guarantees because of that X-gene if you will win or lose. But it is what you put into it as to what you will get out of it. And that goes with premarital romance also. Me, I could of had a late 20~early 30 something but I preferred to have someone with a bit more of a maturity level. Hence I found a woman who is 45 and is perfect for what I want and need in a companion. She has 2 kids and yeah, I didn't count on being 'daddy' again at this stage in my life, but I am ok with it! The boy wants to join the military as soon as he gets here. So, to the OP that initiated the original post, you got both sides. Look but don't leap! If you think it is good, test the waters and let it go from there. But like any other relationship you might have, even here in the US, don't turn your back or a blind eye to what is going on around you!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »

Me, I could of had a late 20~early 30 something but I preferred to have someone with a bit more of a maturity level. Hence I found a woman who is 45 and is perfect for what I want and need in a companion. She has 2 kids and yeah, I didn't count on being 'daddy' again at this stage in my life, but I am ok with it! The boy wants to join the military as soon as he gets here. So, to the OP that initiated the original post, you got both sides. Look but don't leap! If you think it is good, test the waters and let it go from there. But like any other relationship you might have, even here in the US, don't turn your back or a blind eye to what is going on around you!

While it goes against prevailing advice here, at one time I considered marrying a woman from the Philippines who already had a son. Ultimately it was issues with the woman, such as dramas and a sudden and then an increasing number of 'emergencies', which always required my cash to resolve, that ruined it. Add in her ever present jealousy (took a while to see that clearly) and I knew it wasn't gonna get better.

But her kid had nothing to do with me quitting on her. In fact if anything, it made it harder.

Sure, it opens up some risk factors, but then and now, I feel that with the RIGHT woman and situation, a Father walking into the role of
Dad and husband can inspire great, long-lasting gratitude and loyalty from the woman. It can be a plus or a negative.

Yes, in Latin America a boy, especially a young boy and an immature Mother can lead to "Little Prince Syndrome" -- where the new Stepdad will forever be 'second banana' to the child, sometimes to his face or worse yet behind it, but each situation needs to be evaluated on its own merits.

I have had an extraordinary life and it obviously started early, when I was to put it mildly, an extreme juvenile delinquent. I even pretty much carried that tack in life into my thirties. I'm still a tough act to have as a husband. Self destructive. The legal statute of limitations on most of the things I did has probably expired, but it'd be long ass post for me to recount even half the crap I did. Even sending me out of the country, to a now closed boarding school, famous for taking on the hardest cases, one that claimed "We Never kick any boys out" even they couldn't stop me and  Lord knows they beat the bejesus out of me trying. Took me a lot of effort and a series of international crimes, but in less than a year, I was out!

While for close to 35 years I had work that involved helping people from age three to 107 years old, I don't think I'll ever be able to adequately give back the amount of love, goodness and patience, never mind extraordinary luck, that I have gotten from others and in life overall.

But like the Shriners say: "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." And although my son's are now 22 and 27 years old, they'll always be my 'children.' And they, as well as kids who aren't even of my own flesh and blood, will always have my heart.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »

#2 is so freaking accurate but hard to truly understand until you live with a Colombiana. My wife is the most spontaneous woman I have ever met. She is also incredibly impulsive,  easily influenced, and has great difficulty saving money...I have met numerous Barranquilleras married to gringos and they are all like this. If you are married to a Barranquillera you will have good sex  , fight over money, and have great makeup sex...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »
#2 is so freaking accurate but hard to truly understand until you live with a Colombiana. My wife is the most spontaneous woman I have ever met. She is also incredibly impulsive,  easily influenced, and has great difficulty saving money...I have met numerous Barranquilleras married to gringos and they are all like this. If you are married to a Barranquillera you will have good sex  , fight over money, and have great makeup sex...

I had an Uncle married to a Puerto Rican woman. Actually three Uncles married PR women. She treated me like a prince. I stayed at their house a lot of weekends and if I had a date, she'd always give me money to take a girl to movie, maybe even for food after. Told me in a coy way to to "remember the umbrella"--which eventually, I realized meant bring and use a condom.

My Uncle was a Golden Gloves Bronx, NY boxing champion and my Aunt was a stunning beauty. They were both physically very 'beautiful' people, and with kind, generous hearts. Typically people that are that attractive and materially well off aren't like them.

They were very religious, but very sensuous, They had impeccable manners, but at times, could swear like sailors, in both Spanish and English. I am sure they had sex that was hot enough to cause the wall paper to peel off the walls.

"Kisses and Hand Grenades" is how they described their marriage.

But he was a long distance trucker and while he made real good money, it was sometimes not as fast as my Aunt could spend it. I remember one time my Uncle made, I guess it was a ten day run, coast to coast. He came back and my Aunt 'surprised' him with a big, in ground pool, diving board, tiled concrete all around the pool, tiki like decoration, real 'PR Style' it was really nice. Trellis over the patio, with fake leaves and Christmas lights to provide shade, a table and seats for the endless Spanish recipes she'd bring out between swims. Man,  I loved that pool. I could bring friends over and they were treated well too, blown away by the experience, the Spanish culture and hospitality.

But money was one of the bigger things they fought about and my Aunt was super impulsive in her spending and other habits. Loved to shop, especially for clothes and she looked great in whatever she bought.  And she always got something for someone else in the family too.

But I'm pretty sure after the fights over her compulsive spending ensued, after the plates were done flying and the broken pieces cleaned up, that their 'make up sex' was incredible.

My wife's pretty good about the long term waiting, although she's changed a bit. She waited thirteen years for a new car (and her first 'learner' car was already very used when I bought it) but lately, she's on me a bit about 'when' am I going to buy our tickets to Europe for next year.

Oh, and while I was delighted that she came back from her vacation to her country and other places last summer with $500 left from the allowance I gave her, I was less than delighted, in fact I was 'speechless,' -- when the next Sunday in church, to thank God for the safe trip and our blessings, she put a HUNDRED dollar bill in the collection basket. I'd gotten to the point where I didn't and still try to not look, but I noticed that time. I mean, like she did it. What was I gonna do after that? Climb over people and yank it out?

I just hope it went to feed people who really need it. Lord knows she's a soft touch already for street people with signs saying they're hungry. She always is out of one dollar bills after we go to town, from gIving them away to those apparently to her, 'less fortunate'. If I say "NO" as we're going into eat somewhere, she orders a meal AND a drink, 'to go'-- to be given to the person outside begging.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:40:13 AM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »
I had an Uncle married to a Puerto Rican woman. Actually three Uncles married PR women. She treated me like a prince. I stayed at their house a lot of weekends and if I had a date, she'd always give me money to take a girl to movie, maybe even for food after. Told me in a coy way to to "remember the umbrella"--which eventually, I realized meant bring and use a condom.

My Uncle was a Golden Gloves Bronx, NY boxing champion and my Aunt was a stunning beauty. They were both physically very 'beautiful' people, and with kind, generous hearts. Typically people that are that attractive and materially well off aren't like them.

They were very religious, but very sensuous, They had impeccable manners, but at times, could swear like sailors, in both Spanish and English. I am sure they had sex that was hot enough to cause the wall paper to peel off the walls.

"Kisses and Hand Grenades" is how they described their marriage.

But he was a long distance trucker and while he made real good money, it was sometimes not as fast as my Aunt could spend it. I remember one time my Uncle made, I guess it was a ten day run, coast to coast. He came back and my Aunt 'surprised' him with a big, in ground pool, diving board, tiled concrete all around the pool, tiki like decoration, real 'PR Style' it was really nice. Trellis over the patio, with fake leaves and Christmas lights to provide shade, a table and seats for the endless Spanish recipes she'd bring out between swims. Man,  I loved that pool. I could bring friends over and they were treated well too, blown away by the experience, the Spanish culture and hospitality.

But money was one of the bigger things they fought about and my Aunt was super impulsive in her spending and other habits. Loved to shop, especially for clothes and she looked great in whatever she bought.  And she always got something for someone else in the family too.

But I'm pretty sure after the fights over her compulsive spending ensued, after the plates were done flying and the broken pieces cleaned up, that their 'make up sex' was incredible.

My wife's pretty good about the long term waiting, although she's changed a bit. She waited thirteen years for a new car (and her first 'learner' car was already very used when I bought it) but lately, she's on me a bit about 'when' am I going to buy our tickets to Europe for next year.

Oh, and while I was delighted that she came back from her vacation to her country and other places last summer with $500 left from the allowance I gave her, I was less than delighted, in fact I was 'speechless,' -- when the next Sunday in church, to thank God for the safe trip and our blessings, she put a HUNDRED dollar bill in the collection basket. I'd gotten to the point where I didn't and still try to not look, but I noticed that time. I mean, like she did it. What was I gonna do after that? Climb over people and yank it out?

I just hope it went to feed people who really need it. Lord knows she's a soft touch already for street people with signs saying they're hungry. She always is out of one dollar bills after we go to town, from gIving them away to those apparently to her, 'less fortunate'. If I say "NO" as we're going into eat somewhere, she orders a meal AND a drink, 'to go'-- to be given to the person outside begging.
Great story Rob. Most gringos I know married to Colombianas are like me. 40 something, work out ,  argue with our wives over money  and have plenty of make up sex lol

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
Great story Rob. Most gringos I know married to Colombianas are like me. 40 something, work out ,  argue with our wives over money  and have plenty of make up sex lol

I hate the drama..it really drains you

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
I liked it also Rob!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »
Thanks guys. Seems we don't comment much beyond the occasional "spot on!" when somebody makes a really good post and pretty much nothing, not even taking a second to 'quote post' and adding 'LOL' occurs when one of us tells a particularily funny story.

But obviously people read our stuff--this thread alone has had over 6000 'hits.' It IS crazy, LOL....

MY stuff IS way too long and rambles on and off topic, I realize.

But it's all true. Boy, I wish Ida just grabbed those five hundred dollar bills when my wife showed me and she WAS ready to---after I said/asked, "it's OK, but how much did you go over this time?"

Maybe I sound cheap, but like I said, when that Benjiman hit the church basket and kept moving across,  I wasn't gonna jump up, raising a ruckus and say "Uh, Father Gabe--- hold the homily!"---climb over parishioners all down the pew, and pull that $100 bill out and maybe stick a 10 or 20 in!

Heck, we like to date, eat out Friday nights and again if we go to church, eat out after. But when out, we order water with lemon to drink! And we catch daytime movie matinees on weekends....

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
T

Boy, I wish Ida just grabbed those five hundred dollar bills when my wife...

Robert you seeing Ida on the side?

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2018, 06:09:22 PM »

Robert you seeing Ida on the side?

LOL...Ida been caught already. I get away with enough for a while, but eventually 'it all comes out in the wash'...

I did notice 'Idaho' working downtown the other evening though, but left well enough alone...

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »
Benjo.....dozens?  You know dozens that have crashed and burned?  Wow where do you meet these guys, and hear about all the stories?  That is a crazy ratio....crazy.  I'm not doubting at all, I'm curious.

I think a guy has to get a grip on how much of what is driving him to have a relationship with these girls is sex, and what % is that they want someone to have coffee with in the morning, and companionship through life.  When you're horny, it's easy to confuse it for "wanting a life companion" to live with.
Bringing one of these girls up here for companionship obviously involves a huge amount of risk the way our terrible immigration system is set up.  Guys sort of know the risk, and won't risk it to be with an average looking girl.  I think guys think well if I have to go through all this trouble to get one up here, she better be super hot.

I wonder how many guys that brought girls up here and divorced actually go down, meet another and bring her up here?  It's hard to estimate how miserable the process is when it doesn't work out.
For guys that are willing to marry one of these girls with kids, and bring the family unit up here with all the risks and complications involved, I think there has to be some serious loneliness driving that move.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:53:10 PM by JWR »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2018, 10:50:02 PM »
Mambo.....dozens?  You know dozens that have crashed and burned?  Wow where do you meet these guys, and hear about all the stories?  That is a crazy ratio....crazy.  I'm not doubting at all, I'm curious.

I think you confused me with someone else. I have met only one couple that crashed and never wrote anything about "dozens. "

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2018, 10:50:39 PM »
Mambo.....dozens?  You know dozens that have crashed and burned?  Wow where do you meet these guys, and hear about all the stories?  That is a crazy ratio....crazy.  I'm not doubting at all, I'm curious.

I think you meant me, not Mambocowboy. First of all let me say I'm a people person. I will speak with anyone and I feel I have something to learn from everyone I speak to.

When I started dating  my first Barranquillera girlfriend after my first trip to Jamie's I would visit her about every 3-4 months for the better part of 2 years. Almost every time I returned, I used Jamie's lodging and I also used a couple of his translators until my conversational Spanish was half decent. Of course I could get hotel rooms in Barranquilla for much cheaper, but I liked his accommodations back when he had the house in Salgar. In addition to that house Jamie also kept an office/house in the city. So at any given time he could house up to 5 clients. And there were times when I've seen that many guys there at once. Inevitably, because what we chose to do was so rare and unique, I became good friends with a lot of these guys and kept in touch. Some married girls from Jamie's. Some married girls they met through other means. But most were unsuccessful. Jamie has told me that he has no real statistics on how many marriages actually last between couples that met at his agency. But from my personal experience I would say most fizzle out. This is not anyone's fault. I think a lot of it has to do with the reasons I listed in an earlier post. But also men tend to have a lot of unrealistic expectations when it comes to marrying foreign women. I know for a fact that if everything had worked out with my first girlfriend and I brought her to the states, we wouldn't have stayed married. I can look at that in retrospect now and be realistic about it because there's no longer emotion involved, I know a lot more about myself, about relationships and most importantly about Colombianas.

Another way I've met a lot of men is through my training to become an ESL teacher in Colombia and earning my CELTA. I met several Americans in Colombia while I worked there as an English teacher and those that brought women back to the states to marry them all eventually got divorces. That I can say for sure. None of them worked out.

Another way I've met a lot of gringos that married Colombianas was attending and participating in Houston's Colombia/Venezuela Festival which happens every July. It's a huge event that usually draws around 100K people. A lot of guys bring their new Colombiana wives out there to give them a taste of home. I can't tell you how many guys I meet there that tell me they brought their wives because they were extremely homesick and missing family. I've also been a vendor at that festival selling mochilas, so again...another way I've met a lot of guys whose wives want them to buy bags. A lot (not all) of the couples I've met out there aren't married anymore. For a variety of reasons obviously, but a lot of these guys keep in touch with me through social media.

I will say this. Most guys are willing to jump right back into that Colombiana pond regardless of how bad it went with their first marriages. The beauty and devotion of the women still exist and I think the guys feel a little better prepared having already been through that experience. Even after everything that went wrong with my first girlfriend I never gave up and I actually met and dated some awesome women because of it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:01:32 PM by benjio »

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
Sorry Mambo.....You're right. 

I stayed in that house in Salgar for a month one time....very cool place.

Very interesting....my gut feeling was that the sucess # was very low, but when I lived in Colombia, I had very little contact with gringos, or ex pats.

I wonder how many guys have moved to Colombia, or live part time in Colombia, and enjoy themselves?  I've had this fantasy about living 6 months a year there in Cali, / Lago Calima.   Most of the time I lived in Colombia I was with my wife, so we lived a typical married lifestyle.   When I lived for 4 months in BQ, I wasn't quite used to being single again, so that took some of the fun out of it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:08:19 PM by JWR »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »
I think you meant me, not Mambocowboy. First of all let me say I'm a people person. I will speak with anyone and I feel I have something to learn from everyone I speak to.

When I started dating  my first Barranquillera girlfriend after my first trip to Jamie's I would visit her about every 3-4 months for the better part of 2 years. Almost every time I returned, I used Jamie's lodging and I also used a couple of his translators until my conversational Spanish was half decent. Of course I could get hotel rooms in Barranquilla for much cheaper, but I liked his accommodations back when he had the house in Salgar. In addition to that house Jamie also kept an office/house in the city. So at any given time he could house up to 5 clients. And there were times when I've seen that many guys there at once. Inevitably, because what we chose to do was so rare and unique, I became good friends with a lot of these guys and kept in touch. Some married girls from Jamie's. Some married girls they met through other means. But most were unsuccessful. Jamie has told me that he has no real statistics on how many marriages actually last between couples that met at his agency. But from my personal experience I would say most fizzle out. This is not anyone's fault. I think a lot of it has to do with the reasons I listed in an earlier post. But also men tend to have a lot of unrealistic expectations when it comes to marrying foreign women. I know for a fact that if everything had worked out with my first girlfriend and I brought her to the states, we wouldn't have stayed married. I can look at that in retrospect now and be realistic about it because there's no longer emotion involved, I know a lot more about myself, about relationships and most importantly about Colombianas.

Another way I've met a lot of men is through my training to become an ESL teacher in Colombia and earning my CELTA. I met several Americans in Colombia while I worked there as an English teacher and those that brought women back to the states to marry them all eventually got divorces. That I can say for sure. None of them worked out.

Another way I've met a lot of gringos that married Colombianas was attending and participating in Houston's Colombia/Venezuela Festival which happens every July. It's a huge event that usually draws around 100K people. A lot of guys bring their new Colombiana wives out there to give them a taste of home. I can't tell you how many guys I meet there that tell me they brought their wives because they were extremely homesick and missing family. I've also been a vendor at that festival selling mochilas, so again...another way I've met a lot of guys whose wives want them to buy bags. A lot (not all) of the couples I've met out there aren't married anymore. For a variety of reasons obviously, but a lot of these guys keep in touch with me through social media.

I will say this. Most guys are willing to jump right back into that Colombiana pond regardless of how bad it went with their first marriages. The beauty and devotion of the women still exist and I think the guys feel a little better prepared having already been through that experience. Even after everything that went wrong with my first girlfriend I never gave up and I actually met and dated some awesome women because of it.
[/quote
I actually know two failures lol...in both cases the wife did not show any interest in learning English. These guys enabled their wives by constantly speaking Spanish to them and funding frequent trips back to BAQ to "help" with the homesickness. Incidentally,  these women had no intention of having kids with the gringos. In one case the wife had two sons she brought over from a previous relationship....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2018, 04:18:01 AM »
jwr said:
I wonder how many guys that brought girls up here and divorced actually go down, meet another and bring her up here?  It's hard to estimate how miserable the process is when it doesn't work out.
For guys that are willing to marry one of these girls with kids, and bring the family unit up here with all the risks and complications involved, I think there has to be some serious loneliness driving that move.
I would think it would be somewhat difficult especially in this day and age. I'm going through the visa process now and they record all that stuff and I'm sure anything contrary on an application would be flagged since it is screened through Homeland Security first. But that's just me thinking.
Now, my novia isn't a model or wears a bikini. As a matter of fact, she is 10 years younger than me and I am 57, so you do the math. Personally I think she is smart and seems to mesh with me on all points. Like the previous poster referred to the fact about "wanting someone to drink coffee with you," becomes more into the equation. I had many failures in  Colombia as predicted, but always seemed to return with more of desire to find someone a little closer to my age than a model. I often heard echoing in my head that 'beauty is fleeting!'

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2018, 04:30:57 AM »
Benjo.....dozens?  You know dozens that have crashed and burned?  Wow where do you meet these guys, and hear about all the stories?  That is a crazy ratio....crazy.  I'm not doubting at all, I'm curious.

I think a guy has to get a grip on how much of what is driving him to have a relationship with these girls is sex, and what % is that they want someone to have coffee with in the morning, and companionship through life.  When you're horny, it's easy to confuse it for "wanting a life companion" to live with.
Bringing one of these girls up here for companionship obviously involves a huge amount of risk the way our terrible immigration system is set up.  Guys sort of know the risk, and won't risk it to be with an average looking girl.  I think guys think well if I have to go through all this trouble to get one up here, she better be super hot.

So happy I am living in Colombia ;D ;D

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864