It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Bogota Agency Reference Request  (Read 3616 times)

Offline drell283

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
Bogota Agency Reference Request
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »
I'm reading a master's thesis prepared by a student in Florida. She lists three agencies where she conducted interviews. The agencies have websites, but I have never seen any discussion regarding the three on this discussion board. Has anyone ever used the following; www.latinlifemates.com, www.introductionsbyconsuelo.com, and www.vogolys.net.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Bogota Agency Reference Request
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »
I contacted Consuleo and she was very responsive. I didn't take it any further because I didn't need an agency or any help. Hence I don't really have much information for you. If I ever wanted to use an agency in Bogota I would consider her.

I am very curious to know about this thesis. Was it some feminist thesis?

Offline whitey

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
Dennis Levy used to write about Consuelo's ... not sure if it was on this forum or another.

I know nothing of it other than what little I've read, but my impression is that she is a serious business woman, she charges the women to be in her agency so they are more likely to be serious too, and that many (most?) of them are working, professional, educated women. 

If that's what you're looking for, Bogota has the most to offer ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »

Offline drell283

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
I contacted Consuleo and she was very responsive. I didn't take it any further because I didn't need an agency or any help. Hence I don't really have much information for you. If I ever wanted to use an agency in Bogota I would consider her.

I am very curious to know about this thesis. Was it some feminist thesis?

I considered the thesis to be objective and not from a feminist point of view. I have seen a couple on the net that compared the IMBs and human trafficking.

If you wish to give it a read, you can google the title or author.

Through The Prisms of Gender and Power: Agency In International Courtship Between Colombian Women and American Men.
Jasney E. Cogua-Lopez
Florida International University

Offline pchip

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
Has anyone ever used the following; www.latinlifemates.com, www.introductionsbyconsuelo.com, and www.vogolys.net.

Chatted up with Consuelo sometime ago, I'd recommend.  Only caveat is that she requires to speak to you at least once (Either Skype or regular phone) before starting anything so if you're phone phobic (like myself) takes some time getting used to...

Good Luck

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

Chatted up with Consuelo sometime ago, I'd recommend.  Only caveat is that she requires to speak to you at least once (Either Skype or regular phone) before starting anything so if you're phone phobic (like myself) takes some time getting used to...

Good Luck

What do you mean you are phone phobic?

You are going to have a long distance relationship therefore you are going to use the telephone. Aren't you?
I suppose you could live in Bogota and use an agency but that would be rare.

Did you mean that you don't like to discuss such personal things with a third party over the phone?

Did you mean you are worried about speaking Spanish over the phone? Consuelo speaks English.

Or you really are phone phobic?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 11:49:25 AM »

Good Luck

recommend?  They haven't updated or put new ladies in for a YEAR at least!!!

Offline pchip

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
What do you mean you are phone phobic?

You are going to have a long distance relationship therefore you are going to use the telephone. Aren't you?
I suppose you could live in Bogota and use an agency but that would be rare.

Did you mean that you don't like to discuss such personal things with a third party over the phone?

Did you mean you are worried about speaking Spanish over the phone? Consuelo speaks English.

Or you really are phone phobic?

Just saw your reply there :)

I'm really phone phobic, it's true...  Though for the long distance thing, I'm in one now and we're not using phones at all...  Skype/MSN does the trick  ;)

Astrid for the recommendation, I mean she looks professional and with the late Dennis's emails I had back and forth with him, sure I'll cast my vote...

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »

Astrid for the recommendation, I mean she looks professional and with the late Dennis's emails I had back and forth with him, sure I'll cast my vote...

looks professional, but look at the front page.  Valentine's Day banner STILL there!  It was the same banner from 3-4 years ago, and even if it were for THIS YEAR's, they still haven't updated it!

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 06:46:59 AM »
I just found the thesis, it seems to be from 2010.  As far as Consuelo's agency goes, her place may still be in operation.  Perhaps they think that banner looks good on the front.

In any case here is the link to the thesis:

http://digitalcommons.fiu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1189&context=etd
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
I just found the thesis, it seems to be from 2010.  As far as Consuelo's agency goes, her place may still be in operation. Perhaps they think that banner looks good on the front.

No, it is not.  If they don't update, many would think that they aren't in operation anymore.   

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 200