It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Medellin: what places to meet regular girls?  (Read 6857 times)

Offline TheLovelyHombre

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Medellin: what places to meet regular girls?
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:37 AM »
Hello friend, I will reach Medellin and I will stay there for 20 days. I'd like to get a girlfriend experience with a beautiful girl in Medellin. I'm not young but I'm a romantic and beautiful man. What are the places to meet regular girls? Thanks

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Medellin: what places to meet regular girls?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »

Restaurants, bars, on the street, Club and pretty much anywhere where people gather. If you can't talk to girls in whatever country you're from you won't do it Colombia. Just being honest with you

Hello friend, I will reach Medellin and I will stay there for 20 days. I'd like to get a girlfriend experience with a beautiful girl in Medellin. I'm not young but I'm a romantic and beautiful man. What are the places to meet regular girls? Thanks

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 09:03:38 AM »
Restaurants, bars, on the street, Club and pretty much anywhere where people gather. If you can't talk to girls in whatever country you're from you won't do it Colombia. Just being honest with you

Actually he can, if prostitutes (your term prepagos) approach him

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 09:03:38 AM »

Offline kai #2

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »

You're right. I hope no man is THAT desperate but it's always a possibility. I guess I'm tired of seeing this same tired question. South America isn't some magical place where women fall all over you because you're a "gringo"

Actually he can, if prostitutes (your term prepagos) approach him

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »
Prostitutes? But I've often heard his term "girl friend experience" imply that he is looking for just that. i.e a hired girl to pose as and/or act like his girlfriend (and sex partner). Hope he didn't mean it that way, because this is not the right board to ask how to go about that. But then later in his post he ask about "regular girls", so maybe he didn't realize the meaning of the phrase.

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »
First of all, is english your native language? my first impression is that you write a bit like it was your second language, sometimes it's easier to speak spanish for non native english people so even if you don't know spanish maybe you can learn it a lot faster for all is worth and have an easier time while you are visiting.

I suggest you just go to an agency and use a translator if you are not completely fluent in english, lots of girls will be curious if they consider you exotic.

Offline kai #2

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »

He doesn't need to do that.

Op it's not hard, if you see a girl you like, go up and talk to her. Get a number and if she's not busy set up an insta-date. There's no reason to come out the pockets to talk to a chick. Will you get rejected sometimes, hell yea you will. No biggie, just keep pushing and you will find / talk to a girl that likes what you're saying

First of all, is english your native language? my first impression is that you write a bit like it was your second language, sometimes it's easier to speak spanish for non native english people so even if you don't know spanish maybe you can learn it a lot faster for all is worth and have an easier time while you are visiting.

I suggest you just go to an agency and use a translator if you are not completely fluent in english, lots of girls will be curious if they consider you exotic.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »

I doubt he is from any Spanish speaking countries due to his ID user.    English can be his native language only if he is deaf or hard of hearing person (like me.  I write like English isn't my native language lol)  otherwise......... maybe he is Indian ?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
Anywhere in Colombia but Medellin...

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:43 PM »
otherwise......... maybe he is Indian ?

Interesting thought gato, it did cross my mind that he might be middle eastern. For all is worth I have always noticed a difference in the way you type compared to non-deaf native english speakers but not so much that I would think you are not "fluent" at the very least if not native.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »

Interesting thought gato, it did cross my mind that he might be middle eastern. For all is worth I have always noticed a difference in the way you type compared to non-deaf native english speakers but not so much that I would think you are not "fluent" at the very least if not native.

I.V.--You mean aside from Gato being from the UK? There's certainly differences there--we just got back from Windsor, London and Toronto, Ontario--all UK governed (directly or indirectly)  and aside from speech, there's grammatical/spelling differences compared to the USA too...
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »
I.V.--You mean aside from Gato being from the UK? There's certainly differences there--we just got back from Windsor, London and Toronto, Ontario--all UK governed (directly or indirectly)  and aside from speech, there's grammatical/spelling differences compared to the USA too...

Yup, I did chat with guys from all over before I decided to focus in just the states thinking it was probably my best bet. I never came across anyone who would express themselves like the op did but maybe that was just coincidence.

Maybe it's my machismo mentality but it's hard for me to imagine someone would describe themselves as a beautiful man unless he translated wrong or he is gay, lovely is also stretching it... no offense hombre.

Offline pchip

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »

Yup, I did chat with guys from all over before I decided to focus in just the states thinking it was probably my best bet. I never came across anyone who would express themselves like the op did but maybe that was just coincidence.

Maybe it's my machismo mentality but it's hard for me to imagine someone would describe themselves as a beautiful man unless he translated wrong or he is gay, lovely is also stretching it... no offense hombre.

IV, From the prose, I'd say he's asian (Chinese, most likely)...

[/size]

And, yes, GFE is a "prepago" term (at least here in Montreal).

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
Now I've heard everything...Yeah..Toronto is UK governed and Mexico is still governed by Queen Isabella of Spain and Cortez is still running things over there, isnt he?

If anything, you could say TO is governed from Bombay and Vancouver (Hongcouver) from Hong Kong,,

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »

sorry wrong poster

Now I've heard everything...Yeah..Toronto is UK governed and Mexico is still governed by Queen Isabella of Spain and Cortez is still running things over there, isnt he?If anything, you could say TO is governed from Bombay and Vancouver (Hongcouver) from Hong Kong,,

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Prostitutes? But I've often heard his term "girl friend experience" imply that he is looking for just that. i.e a hired girl to pose as and/or act like his girlfriend (and sex partner). Hope he didn't mean it that way, because this is not the right board to ask how to go about that. But then later in his post he ask about "regular girls", so maybe he didn't realize the meaning of the phrase.
"girlfriend experience" usually refers to prostitutes. maybe he did realize it...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:48 PM »
sorry wrong poster

Now I've heard everything...Yeah..Toronto is UK governed and Mexico is still governed by Queen Isabella of Spain and Cortez is still running things over there, isnt he?If anything, you could say TO is governed from Bombay and Vancouver (Hongcouver) from Hong Kong,,

I didn't claim to be any sort of expert on governmental model in Canada. I suppose that with the Queen's Visage on all the money, and even in the newest subdivisions many roads named after Royal titles, the nation's leader being the 'Prime Minister' and there periodically being talk of Quebec and secession,  that one might think that Britain holds some sway over Canadian politics. But I didn't assume Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was Court Jester,  nor that Mr. Bean or Benny Hill were elder statesmen.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:30:13 PM by robert angel »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
He doesn't need to do that.

Op it's not hard, if you see a girl you like, go up and talk to her. Get a number and if she's not busy set up an insta-date. There's no reason to come out the pockets to talk to a chick. Will you get rejected sometimes, hell yea you will. No biggie, just keep pushing and you will find / talk to a girl that likes what you're saying

That was pretty much my outlook on things when I was single. I've gotten rejected plenty of times in Latin America. Much more than I've actually gotten a girl's number on a dry approach. Girls in Colombia tend to lie or deflect the subject at hand when you ask them out. I've gotten plenty of "Tengo novio," or "Lo siento pero no te conozco," on a lot of occasions. I think most of it was not being attracted to me, but at other times outright fear is playing a factor. A woman's body language pretty much spells these things out if you know what to look for. If they are showing any signs of fear or discomfort I will usually leave them alone as quickly as possible. With that being said, I've had some girls not give me their numbers, but tell me they'd be at a certain place at a certain time...and low and behold, they showed up and we had fun. The trick is not to take rejection personally. Some of my friends in the U.S. cuss women out when they don't reciprocate their advances. I've never understood that. If every woman that was attracted to you walked up to you introducing themselves, asking you out, I seriously doubt you'd be receptive to the advances of every single one. So I try to put myself in their shoes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:25:23 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »
When I was a teen, hell even in my early twenties, I was hesitant to ask really desirable chicks out, or for their phone numbers, because I didn't want to hear "No". In other words, I didn't want to possibly face being rejected. I never had problems getting a GF when I wanted, (I sometimes had too many to choose from) and later on, some of the chicks I shied away from let it be known that they were actually hoping I'd make a move. I was selling myself short.Eventually I got way past that limiting mindset. Another thing that shot me down a few times was partying too hard.If you're getting smacko drunk or otherwise becoming a bit of a wild man, chances of you hooking up with a gal you might want to have more than a date or two with go down.I remember one time in college after a wild party, where I woke up in my bed with a real cutie next to me, both of us buck ass naked. Only real problem (she was cute and clean) was I had NO idea what her name was. Some stupid things you hopefully only do once......

Offline MichaelP

• Probie
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 06:48:43 PM »
I didn't claim to be any sort of expert on governmental model in Canada. I suppose that with the Queen's Visage on all the money, and even in the newest subdivisions many roads named after Royal titles, the nation's leader being the 'Prime Minister' and there periodically being talk of Quebec and secession,  that one might think that Britain holds some sway over Canadian politics.

Nada. Ziltch. Britain holds absolutely no sway over Canada now, nor has it for a long time.
Now the U.S., that's a whole different story.  :)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
Nada. Ziltch. Britain holds absolutely no sway over Canada now, nor has it for a long time.
Now the U.S., that's a whole different story.  :)

As I said, I'm (obviously) no expert on the subject. Be interesting to see what happens with Scotland. I don't know much about their situation either, but it sounds like they want some independence from England.

I grew up amazed at the extent of British influence: '"The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire"  was once quite true, although I was somewhat aware that even though I frequented Caribbean islands like Tortola and Virgin Gorda as a kid, islands that were known initially as the British Virgin Islands, then name changed to the West Indies--that things there too were changing--that the Royals visited, but didn't really rule. It was the same with the US Virgin Islands, where we lived and got to know some of the Danish people--after all, Denmark "owned' them first. I liked how some islands had French influence because it was novel, although I never quite felt comfortable with French policies, then or now.
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/26/Travel/Caribbean_islands_gro.shtml

Of course other nations laid claims to other islands and areas around S. America too and while control may have been relinquished long ago, whether by resemblance of govt practices including legal systems and the look of the money to that of the original colonizer's, or simply by the names of streets and towns: "Queen's Quay" Duke of York Blvd', 'London' Ontario, etc., it's easy to see where influences came from originally.

Heck, but for some quirks, battles and purchases long ago, fairly large portions of the USA could have ended up under French, Spanish control today, 'manifest destiny' not withstanding. After all, NYC was originally known as 'New Amsterdam'.

It has to be true that the USA and Canada are more influential on each other than they are on England, due to close proximity, trade, multinational companies sharing large sway in both nations and other factors, yet despite vastly greater distances, I think the USA and China share a somewhat similar, symbiotic economic relationship.

And some nations are growing closer together, while others long for more distance between each other, the practice obviously still continues.

>>British Prime Minister David Cameron was in Scotland on Wednesday to deliver a message to voters: “We want you to stay.” With just days left ahead of a Sept. 18 referendum on whether Scotland should become independent, leaders of all three of the U.K.’s main political parties were headed north in an attempt to keep Scotland part of the union.

Recent polls have showed a tightening between “no” and “yes.” On average, between January and Aug. 25 (when a debate on independence was televised), the “no” vote has led by 11 percentage points. In the six major polls since then, “no” has been ahead by just 4 points.<<  http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/scotland-independence-referendum/

Offline michaelb

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »
You mean where the sun never sets and the blood never dries? BTW, if Scotland leaves, will the UK have to change the design of the butcher's apron, oh, excuse me, the Union Flag?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
Let Sczooland have their own independent so that we can "boo" to Andy Murray in next year's Wimbledon!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:59 AM »
You mean where the sun never sets and the blood never dries? BTW, if Scotland leaves, will the UK have to change the design of the butcher's apron, oh, excuse me, the Union Flag?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of England's history, nor of the so called 'royal family' that  actually has more German blood in them than British.

Being half Irish, I know all too well what the likes of bastard Englishman Oliver Cromwell did, acts like throwing Irish babies up in the air and 'catching' them on his bayonet and calling them 'nits' (lice), or as millions starved and died during Ireland's potato famine, the English, who had stolen the best farming land and grew crops right in Ireland, exported food the they grew there, rather than feed starving Irish. Then there's 'Bloody Sunday'--really several large books worth of atrocities have repeatedly occurred over time.

It's somewhat ironic that India, once firmly oppressed by England, today is not only independent, but owns companies the British once took great pride in, such as Jaguar, Range Rover and Land Rover. Heck even Rolls Royce and my old favorite bicycle brand, Raleigh, aren't British owned anymore.

It's ironic that they--pretty much the pioneers of the industrial revolution, don't really 'make' or 'build' much of anything anymore--that their economy is based more on 'intellectual property'--things like banking and insurance.

Not that a lot of other nations, including the USA, haven't moved in that direction, but in the advent that we or any such nation had to go to war against a nation that has industry and large population of mobile, barbarian type warriors, all the paper in the world wouldn't save our asses. So many of our weapons, electronic and otherwise, already are outright outsourced from companies who's main headquarters are overseas, or we get a lot of our high tech, electronic components--essential links/components  that w/o, we'd soon be 'systems down' from a lack of them.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 138