It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Men and hair styles during the ageing process  (Read 8975 times)

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Men and hair styles during the ageing process
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
BUTSTER = "his 40's , 50's or older and has long hair he definitely look creepy."

For some yes, for some no.  Everyone has different attributes ... you have to go with what you got.  If you are a gym rat, wear tight shirts.   If you got hair, let'r rip.  Pics below before highlights / after (letting myself open for [snip] I know)    But, again, I am just supporting trying new things and thinking outside the box.

BTW - when I was first divorced, I listened to some dumb girl and she gave me a shaved head.  I was just two big ears, and a big nose HAHAHA
Great pics Zon....how many times has the nineteen eighties called asking for their hair back? ;D ;D

Only kidding in good fun!!!

Hey...if it works for you that's really all that matters!!!   I am happy I gave up my mullet  many many years ago!!

Have to ask one more question...How long have you been a Richard Marx or John Parr fan?? ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:40:38 PM by Chris F »

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Zon, you must really miss FatherTime ... I think you're trying to goad him into posting again! He must be about ready to bust a gut by now from holding it in ...

you see right through me.  HAHAHA

Alas, the topic was timely.   But, more to the point.  Without longer hair. Or better put, the way I used to dress and act ( like a 40 year old man with little spin on the ball - from a pick-up perspective) ... it did not get me AS FAR with women as is the case now.  Of course, I am the same person.  Of course, attraction is only a superficial consideration.   BLA BLA BLA    BUT - ATTN Wifehunters - if you are looking to attract a wife - presumablly attracting the best women possible - a little effort is clearly in order.

And, there is a very important point here.  It is not about trying to be "pretty" - In addition to being gay, THAT DOES NOT WORK for older guys:)   It is about being "attractive". Totally different things.   A guy that is bald, or a little overweight, can compensate with dress, for example.   All these things are tools.  How many tools do you want in your tool chest?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:21:47 PM by Zon »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
In my experience Colombianas care alot less than AW how old you are if they find you attractive (e.g., if you are 50 and a 30 year old Colombiana finds you attractive)...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »
Zon sez
And, there is a very important point here.  It is not about trying to be "pretty" - In addition to being gay, THAT DOES NOT WORK for older guys:)   It is about being "attractive". Totally different things.   A guy that is bald, or a little overweight, can compensate with dress, for example.   All these things are tools.  How many tools do you want in your tool chest?
Ok, i'm balding and an old guy but I followed a tip from I_V about sending a woman a letter or a song or a poem I might find, doing this every day and that tip has seved me well. Dressing well,  that is for those women who take stock in appearances for appearances sake. And yes, I realize there are many colombianas that value this. But as Zon said the 'dressing to the nines' is only one tool one should have in one's toolbox.
Hark! Do I hear 'incoming' from FT. Surely he must respond to this.  ;) 

"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Zon

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 07:33:39 AM »
FT does not "automatically" oppose things that I say, and on this note, I doubt we differ.   

sending a woman a letter or a song or a poem I might find, doing this every day and that tip has seved me well. Dressing well,  that is for those women who take stock in appearances for appearances sake. And yes, I realize there are many colombianas that value this

Writing a poem everyday ... I am happy that you seem to think this is serving you well.  Have you met this woman in person?   I have found that to be too much of a "man - woman" is a turn-off to Colombianas. 

And, I am not suggesting dressing to the nines, or overdoing it.  I am saying pay attention to the details you have control over.

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Hell no not a poem every day!  I don't even write them. I just find a good one to insert in a carta from time to time. Yeah details are important. I agree. Donde esta FT??????  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:30:04 AM by beginthebeguin »
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
BUTSTER = "his 40's , 50's or older and has long hair he definitely look creepy."

For some yes, for some no.  Everyone has different attributes ... you have to go with what you got.  If you are a gym rat, wear tight shirts.   If you got hair, let'r rip.  Pics below before highlights / after (letting myself open for [snip] I know)    But, again, I am just supporting trying new things and thinking outside the box.

BTW - when I was first divorced, I listened to some dumb girl and she gave me a shaved head.  I was just two big ears, and a big nose HAHAHA

Zon,

If you got it flaunt it!!

Nice highlights!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Zon

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 05:45:31 AM »
If you got it flaunt it!!Nice highlights!

HAHA  - I think it is really a matter of
1) TRYING  and
2) NOT DISQUALIFYING oneself because of age.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 07:05:04 AM »

I think zon is giving some good advice here. Self evaluation and making changes for the better can only help. Finding the right person for consultation is the key. You don't have to be very attractive to get the women's interest but it helps to "look sharp". It is a cultural thing in many countries, not the US, to not be a slob. Tailor made suits are the thing in South Korea. They are relatively inexpensive and the fit makes a man look "well put together". Don't walk around with your shirt tail out either. My wife says she likes me to look "organized".That is a Colombian culture thing.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
It's a women thing, not just a Colombian culture thing, applicable all over the world, including here in the US.

Offline innerperson

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »

I think zon is giving some good advice here. Self evaluation and making changes for the better can only help. Finding the right person for consultation is the key. You don't have to be very attractive to get the women's interest but it helps to "look sharp". It is a cultural thing in many countries, not the US, to not be a slob. Tailor made suits are the thing in South Korea. They are relatively inexpensive and the fit makes a man look "well put together". Don't walk around with your shirt tail out either. My wife says she likes me to look "organized".That is a Colombian culture thing.

Researcher

Good point Researcher.

When it comes to hair, unfortunately, we are constrained by genetics unless you talk to that Bosly guy which I wouldn't prefer.

You can control other aspects like hitting the gym.

Dressing can have a very big impact on how you look.  Better fits like the custom suits Researcher talked about.  We, as Americans, tend to wear baggy clothes and it doesn't look good on us older gents. 

Don't try to dress like kids!  Very sad to see an adult trying to dress like a hip hop artists.  ha

I started to take more care of my skin.  I never was into tanning and luckily it ended up being a great thing for my skin.  Besides no smoking as well.

I think weight tends to age us dramatically. 

You may not be able to change balding but that doesn't mean you can't be attractive.  Concentrate on those things that you do have control over.  To be honest, I really like shaving my head. 

Confidence is very attractive to women. 

I may just take some highlighter markers and try to look like Zon.  ;)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
It's a women thing, not just a Colombian culture thing, applicable all over the world, including here in the US.

To a degree, yes, but more so in other countries. That is why I also mentioned South Korea. The US is more "casual" than other countries.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Fuzzyone

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
Hell no not a poem every day!  I don't even write them. I just find a good one to insert in a carta from time to time. Yeah details are important. I agree. Donde esta FT? ??? ??  ;D

F.T. is busy right now and took some time off from kicking butt but I think he will be back when he is ready!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline CeeTeeEnn

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
I very much agree with the comment about "tools".

I dress at best smart casual and at worst like a biker in cammo, sometimes wearing my hair down and sometimes tied back. This is my "tool" for persuading women who aren't into rock and metal to stay the hell out of my way - and it generally works. It does a grand job of keeping gold-diggers and materialistic, label-obsessed women away too.

As for looking like a creep.. well, let's face it i'm so inadequate as a man i cannot find a "real woman" from my own country and age group, so instead i chase after girls half my age from poorer countries. What further proof of my creepdom do you need? LMAO! :D

Offline Zon

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
I think that's a great point.  Your collection of tools can consist of:
- style and interests
- education level
- business or financial success
- physical attractiveness / health
- future outlook / compatibilities
- a host of other things

The objective is to get at least a minimum acceptance physically - eye ball attraction - with the RIGHT women. Filtering is just as important as attraction.   

Offline fathertime

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »

those pics are hilarious...

i keep my hair real short nowadays now that i'm rather old and have lost a lot of what i had....but i see know harm in having reasonably long hair if that is a person's style...generally speaking i think long hair does look silly on men past age 30 and it will turn off a large % of women, although it might turn on a small % of them and it only takes one....

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats