It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Expanding the Pond  (Read 2095 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Expanding the Pond
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:16:12 PM »
When I first started reading sites and forums like these online it was Russia/Urkaine and Colombia. I didn't pay much attention early on (which was stupid) but I'm sure there was plenty on Thailand & the Phils.
I ended up expanding the pond myself with Honduras. There is a lot more talk now about Brazil than I remember so that is expanding the pond. I'm sure guys are going further into the FSU fishing as well.
I keep wondering when the internet will catch on and focus on a more all encompassing movement of American men and their interest in international women. The biggest gripe I hear from the AW is that men are taking advantage of these poor third world women... yadda yadda you've all heard it before.... and all they want is a visa.
With a friend recently coming back from Mexico City I came to the conclusion that maybe the latinas were a little too fiesty for him. He's signed up on plenty of fish right now talking to some girls from mostly western Europe. Women that have visas so that they could just as easily travel to him. Right now he is targeting women that are just finishing up college. He'll probably end up taking some vacation and meeting the top prospects at some point.
With social networking it is so easy to get tied into a few hot women in a country (like Spain, France) and then that opens up the whole network you can get introduced to. I saw pics of my now wife on social media and that's how I got her personal contact info.
I'd just like to see the pond expand. When that happens it takes the biggest argument off the table that the feminists use. What is stopping folks on here from jumping on POF and chatting up some honey in Greece?
Has anyone tried it?
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Woody

• Trips: Resident
Re: Expanding the Pond
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
I would most certainly agree that expanding the pool can only be a good thing. Just the fact that Western men are searching outside of their own cultures in greater numbers is both a good an bad sign. It is a good sign because it means that men have realized that they do not have to be limited to the dating pool within their own country. It is bad because it says some very disturbing things about the home country's dating pool.

I don't see Western Europe gaining much attention because most men on these forums are looking for what we(western men) would call a more traditional relationship. We are selecting for cultures that expect men to be manly and women to be feminine.

I expanded my horizons past Colombia and the Philippines, and I am certainly glad I did so. I think the most important thing is to find a woman and culture that you can live with. Her views on the roles of men and women in the relationship should match yours. Looks, while important, do not even come close to selecting someone that you will be happy with for the long term. I'm not saying anyone should date someone they consider unattractive, but also realize that while she is a ten in looks, she needs to be high ranking in personality and other areas that will satisfy you for the long term. That was my most difficult challenge, finding someone that had all the other qualities that would make me happy long term.

Offline beulah

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »

I expanded my horizons past Colombia and the Philippines, and I am certainly glad I did so. I think the most important thing is to find a woman and culture that you can live with. Her views on the roles of men and women in the relationship should match yours. Looks, while important, do not even come close to selecting someone that you will be happy with for the long term. I'm not saying anyone should date someone they consider unattractive, but also realize that while she is a ten in looks, she needs to be high ranking in personality and other areas that will satisfy you for the long term. That was my most difficult challenge, finding someone that had all the other qualities that would make me happy long term.           
what an intelligent post.  It sounds like you have found a nice woman for yourself.  Good luck hopefully you keep your head on straight like it appears to be from your writing here.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 06:10:32 AM »
If there is something I can do that rubs feminists up the wrong way then I'll be one of the first to volunteer. I have never heard a conherent feminist argument yet. I certainly have less than zero interest in following their advice. Let the feminists rot at home with their cats. I have far more important people to worry about than them.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
Yep well I'm not suggesting flying to London or anything. But I don't hear about French men flying to Colombia or anything like that.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Brazilophile

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »
Yep well I'm not suggesting flying to London or anything. But I don't hear about French men flying to Colombia or anything like that.

Maybe not Colombia.  But, in addition to Americans,  in  Brazil I have met Britons, French, lots of Germans, and even an African living as expats.  So many Italians go to Brazil that they have developed a (somewhat negative) reputation for themselves.       

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300