It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian vs Brazil Women  (Read 44156 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Colombian vs Brazil Women
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
Yea Whitey--I hear you when you say:

""My Colombiana is very calm, but definitely not lacking in passion.  They're not all drama queens""

That's why I always say things like 'most' 'not all', etc. Women in any given nation are as varied as weather.

But then again, I think that perhaps some guys like Woody relish that kind of challenge, sort of like taming lions, so to speak --until they're eating out of their hands in a happy symbiosis!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline braziliangirl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
Thank for your answer brazilgirl, I didn't know that online dating was frowned upon by many Brazilian. Sounds like the U.S. back in the days when your where consider a freak for using the internet to date. Now Here in the U.S. social networking (facebook, myspace, twitter, hi5, ect)are probably the most popular avenue of dating or socializing in this the U.S.  I think with time more Brazilians would be more open to online dating, especially within the newer generation.

Here in Brazil people are really into social networking. Check out the demographics on Orkut for example. We took over it. Now we are taking over Facebook. But people are still shamed of online dating. The general sense is that they are for losers, people that can not get anyone in real life.

I'm actually surprised by the number of beautiful garotas you can find on parperfeito, from pretty much every area of Brazil. You can definitely see the differences by region just by looking at the pictures of the ladies on parperfeito. The last time I went to brazil I actually wanted to go to Recife but was caution not to, a lot of violent crime "murder capital of Brazil" I don't know how it is now but I'm definitely thinking about it. Also I'm surprise by how many lorias they are in Recife, I taught southern Brazil was the only area that you could find loiras.

There was a time when things were pretty bad in Recife. But now it seems to be better...

About the loiras, hydrogen peroxide can be found anywhere :P. There are also a lot of blonds with fair skin in Fortaleza, for example, but they are not as pretty as the ones in the South. I don't know the ones in Recife...

I'm starting to hate myself for that talk :-[. I guess I'm spending to much time on this forum and I'm starting to talk like a guy LOL

Offline kojak

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »
This is all so true! The same reason I keep preaching about having the ability to spend the right amount of time with a foreign girl no matter where they are from.

I will not ever do a K1 again after my last situation. 90 days is a ridiculously short amount of time to decide on marrying, unless and only if you have spent enough time with her in her country, otherwise I would recommend marrying in her country.

But this gets back to the original quote, it is a problem all too common when a girl is trying to adjust to life in the USA. I got the same feedback from my wife, but I thought she could weather the storm long enough for us to get settled in a little better.

But I also mentioned before that I met a Brazilian translator here in AZ and she told me how many transplanted Brazilian girls there were here and how she helped the Police and state communicate with these girls, since so many had left their husbands or things did not work out. So she was nice, but was warning me. I found her on craigslist and she was translating a telephone call for me to a Brazilian girl a few years back. I decided that learning Portuguese was just not in my game plan.

Very true anm8tr specially latinas, you have to make the sacrifice of really getting to know the lady your courting. Also agree that marrying in her country is the best option, it save money and having all her family and friends there make for a happy bride. I definitely  see the difference in Colombianas now a days from the ones I met 10 years ago. I think that I'm going to correspond with Colombianas that are from smaller cities Armenia, Pereira, Bucaramanga, Monteria, Ibague ect. I think that you might be able to avoid all the drama that you get with city girls if you look in places that foreigner are rarely seen.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:45:06 AM by kojak »
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »

Offline kojak

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »
quote by Robert Angel
>>>I don't care for too much 'drama'--not having to chase and conquer, fight and make up--no more 'kisses and hand grenades' for me.<<<

Yeah Robert that was my biggest problem with my ex caleña,  passion and emotion are not bad things when used in moderation but my ex use to throw some big fits, use to drive me insane. She wanted to have children, I told her lets wait till she at least gets here to the states, she just went crazy threw a big fits, ran out of the apartment I literally had to chase her down. She told me that she was afraid that I might not comeback for her, keep in mine that I had just married her.

Threw a big fit during our honeymoon in san andres because I was checking out Colombianas in tangas so what, hell I just married you, I didn't  say sh**t when she was been approached by guys on the beach. I'm definitely aware of the latina personality my mom, aunts, cousins are latinas so it comes with the territory. 
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
michaelb

We have been to Cuenca and it is a very nice place. Yes, Very colonial as well and one of the fastest growing places for Ex Pat Americans to retire . Actually, Cuenca was rated the # 1 place to retire in the entire world based on scale of economy, access to healthcare , cost of living and quality of life. It has a climate similar to Medellin as well, so you can grow veggies, etc year round. Basically a 4 bedroom house, 6 day a week maid, Gardner, health insurance, budget to eat out and movies at least 3 times a week will set you back between $1800-2000 US a month. I do not know specific places as we were only there overnight on our way to Salinas

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
Well, I guess that would make him a deutch bag. :P

Seriously, some men feel that being controlling and an [snip] is how to be the male in a relationship. It is not. Not saying to put the woman on a pedestal, then she loses all respect for you and you have doomed the relationship. There is nothing stopping you from complimenting her and being that reassuring emotional rock in her life. Love and be loved in return, simple concept. I don't understand why so many people just can't grasp that concept.

I also find that being able to laugh at MYSELF helps a lot. I poke fun at others, but I use self-deprecating humor all the time!

Woody,

I really like your posts because we share this view of men and women having different roles in a relationship (and in the whole society) based on their genetics and everything. I agree that women are made to nurture, and man to protect. And I guess every woman seeks to be protected and man to be nurtured.

But what I see in our society is a complete mix up. Women in general is losing the sense of femininity and men, the sense of masculinity.

The guy was great in many other aspects, and maybe that's why I put up with those things for one year. I did my best to play my role, maybe wishing that if I did that, he would play his role too. But this one from the hospital was just too much. And when I tried to tell him how I felt (not accusing, not fighting, using my sweetest voice and calling him baby), he just stepped out. And now he has been gone for almost two weeks. Not a single word from him. This is what I call lack of manliness :(

I guess when I find someone, I'll hire you to give him some classes on that subject ;D

All the best!

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 07:18:11 AM »
BrazilGirl

I hear you when you talk about German guys. I have met several and all were decent men, but there view on how to treat women was similar the way Latin men treat them as very Machista. I wish when I was single, I would have made it to Brazil to see the country and taste the wonderful food that you have there. Maybe this post will inspire the singles guys here to forego a Colombia trip and see what the Brazil has to offer.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »
BrazilGirl

I hear you when you talk about German guys. I have met several and all were decent men, but there view on how to treat women was similar the way Latin men treat them as very Machista. I wish when I was single, I would have made it to Brazil to see the country and taste the wonderful food that you have there. Maybe this post will inspire the singles guys here to forego a Colombia trip and see what the Brazil has to offer.

KB

OK. Now Germany is also crossed off my list too.

I believe you made the right choice. As I said on other post, the girls from Ecuador are the best. If a guy asks where to go to find a nice wife, I will definitely tell him to go there. I don't understand all the hype about Colombia...

About the food, if you live in Quito, whenever I have a work trip there, I can cook you and your beautiful wife a wonderful feijoada! Or I can send her my secret recipes ;D

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
Please do send me the recipies :P

We cannot get back to Quito until next summer due to my wife's promotion to branch manager at the credit union she works for, so I need some good Brazilian food !

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline kojak

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 08:26:52 AM »
michaelb

We have been to Cuenca and it is a very nice place. Yes, Very colonial as well and one of the fastest growing places for Ex Pat Americans to retire . Actually, Cuenca was rated the # 1 place to retire in the entire world based on scale of economy, access to healthcare , cost of living and quality of life. It has a climate similar to Medellin as well, so you can grow veggies, etc year round. Basically a 4 bedroom house, 6 day a week maid, Gardner, health insurance, budget to eat out and movies at least 3 times a week will set you back between $1800-2000 US a month. I do not know specific places as we were only there overnight on our way to Salinas

KB

KB Cuenca sounds like a pretty nice place, I'm actually a big fan of the Panama hats that come out of Ecuador, got a pretty nice collection. In Panama they are pumping up this town called Boquete, really nice place like Cuenca touted as the best place to retire in the world four or five years in a row.

Just like Cuenca and Medellin mountain spring like weather year around, problem with Boquete now is that is too dam expensive, to many American and European bought homes there, So gringo pricing is in full effect. Homes going for 300k on up that's crazy for Panama and the sad thing is that the people that are gringo pricing most of those homes are gringos dam shame I tell you. Go up to the next town where very few gringos live and the prices are a fraction of what you pay in Boquete. I hope Cuenca doesn't become like that!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
Well, I guess that would make him a deutch bag. :P

...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Woody

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 01:16:42 PM »

I was waiting for someone to catch that. :)

Offline Woody

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
I really like your posts because we share this view of men and women having different roles in a relationship (and in the whole society) based on their genetics and everything. I agree that women are made to nurture, and man to protect. And I guess every woman seeks to be protected and man to be nurtured.

But what I see in our society is a complete mix up. Women in general is losing the sense of femininity and men, the sense of masculinity.

The guy was great in many other aspects, and maybe that's why I put up with those things for one year. I did my best to play my role, maybe wishing that if I did that, he would play his role too. But this one from the hospital was just too much. And when I tried to tell him how I felt (not accusing, not fighting, using my sweetest voice and calling him baby), he just stepped out. And now he has been gone for almost two weeks. Not a single word from him. This is what I call lack of manliness :(

I guess when I find someone, I'll hire you to give him some classes on that subject ;D

All the best!

Hah, I would be the worst to take advice from. Sure I have sound advice, but my own relationships usually end up a smoldering crater because of my own passive-aggressive tendencies. That, and I have impossibly high standards and am a bit hypocritical at times. That said, I am working on it. I get more tempered with age.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
I was waiting for someone to catch that. :)

Oh... I did, but I can't spit on the plate where I ate ;D

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
Whitey & Kilt.,

Your wives are also quite lovely--very beautiful women indeed.

It's silly how they say in the USA you can never be TOO thin, too tan or too rich, but while I can't see your bank accounts, you certainly have a perfect situation on the first two accounts!

I like my women as I like my coffee--creamy colored and sweet!

Offline Woody

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »

Funny, because I like my women as I like my beer--dark and intoxicating!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
Yea man, Woody,

It's guys like us--with different tastes, that keep this world spinning around in such unique ways!

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
Thanks, KB. Sounds like a nice place. Fastest growing place for ex-pat retirement? Really? He told me that there were only about 700 gringos in the whole place and that there was some book store that was more or less their gathering place. Maybe he was misinformed? Oh well, hope he enjoys it.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »
Hah, I would be the worst to take advice from. Sure I have sound advice, but my own relationships usually end up a smoldering crater because of my own passive-aggressive tendencies. That, and I have impossibly high standards and am a bit hypocritical at times. That said, I am working on it. I get more tempered with age.

hey young man!  it is great that you recognize your own foibles and aren't so arrogant...really that will make you much easier for a woman to coexist with...the standards start to falter the older you get..at least that is my experience...a few defining good traits are about all it took to hook me...oh and a ultrafine face and body didn't hurt! even if it was more than i deserved :D

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline whitey

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:22 PM »
Whitey & Kilt.,

Thanks Robert.  I mentioned what you said to her tonight ... she said "gracias mi amor".  We're not married yet ... I'm still working on the paperwork and if all goes well we'll be married in Barranquilla next month.

Like your wife, she's even more beautiful on the inside.

Yep, me too!!!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 07:12:11 AM »
Whitey & Kilt.,

It's silly how they say in the USA you can never be TOO thin, too tan or too rich, but while I can't see your bank accounts, you certainly have a perfect situation on the first two accounts!

Thanks Robert

Your wife is very pretty and I was ready to forget Latin women and start my Asian hunt  and then I met Fer, but I like the way Asian women look but it is just a long dam way from North Carolina

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:09 AM »
Thanks, KB. Sounds like a nice place. Fastest growing place for ex-pat retirement? Really? He told me that there were only about 700 gringos in the whole place and that there was some book store that was more or less their gathering place. Maybe he was misinformed? Oh well, hope he enjoys it.

I get a magazine called "International Living" or something like that. And it is always touting Cuenca as being the best or one of the best places to retire. The fotos look incredible. Definitely caught my eye.

Offline afj56

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
Hello Braziliangirl,

I enjoy reading your insights on Brazil and Colombia.  I have visited Bogota,Colombia, Rio and Bahia, Brazil.  I enjoyed Bogota and I loved Rio and Bahia.  The weather, beaches and people of Brazil are very nice.  I think I would love Colombia if I visited Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla/Santa Marta.  I plan on visiting Recife, Natal, Olinda, and Maragogi in November.  The thought of going to Brazil and not going to Rio and Salvador, Bahia, hurts.  I have fallen in love with the morenas and mulatas of Brazil.  The paisas of Medellin are unbelievable too.  I don't exclude anyone.  Beauty is everywhere.  Being an African American, will I find a high concentration of morenas and mulatas in the northeast region of Brazil that I will be traveling to in November, or would I have to concentrate on Salvador and Rio?  I really need to learn more Spanish and Portuguese.  Thank you for your knowledge.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »

Offline Henry

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
Colombia and Ecuador are much closer than Brazil for me. That makes for much more effective usage of vacation time. Plus I am not a fan of long plane flights. I am also looking for a sexually conservative woman, and from what I have read, that rules out many Brasileras.

Offline Woody

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:50 PM »
I am also looking for a sexually conservative woman, and from what I have read, that rules out many Brasileras.

Really? Really? {deeper voice} Really?

Sexually conservative and you are looking at Colombia?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293