It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: For GUYS using an AGENCY....do you "fib" about your age?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline NewGuy12

• Probie
For GUYS using an AGENCY....do you "fib" about your age?
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Everyone knows that the ONLINE dating world leads to a lot of people not telling the truth about age, weight, etc. Presumably both men and women do it.

Question: for guys that have used an agency (say Latin-Wife/Jamie's which gets a lot of play here) were you HONEST about your age or did you shave a few years off?  Or does the agency require documentation regarding age so that they keep everyone honest?

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: For GUYS using an AGENCY....do you "fib" about your age?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
IMBRA requires that you disclose a lot of information, although I'm not sure if age is one of them. Your date of birth is required on the paperwork you must file to sponsor either a spouse or fiancee (and her's too, for that matter), so why not just tell the truth in the first place?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
Everyone knows that the ONLINE dating world leads to a lot of people not telling the truth about age, weight, etc. Presumably both men and women do it.

Question: for guys that have used an agency (say Latin-Wife/Jamie's which gets a lot of play here) were you HONEST about your age or did you shave a few years off?  Or does the agency require documentation regarding age so that they keep everyone honest?

I agree with MichaelB.  Why lie when you will find it out later?   ELIMINATE ANYONE WHO LIE ABOUT THEIR AGES!

But beware that not all agencies put up true age on profiles.   I know a woman who had 3 profiles in 3 agencies - age 36, 38 and 46.  The "46" ones showed me the proof of her age from Cedula ID, while others probably did not photocopy their cedula ID for privacy information within the agency.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 01:41:52 PM »
When you do business with any company here in Colombia you will be asked to show either your passport or your Cedula (Colombia's national ID card), so it is going to be embarrassing if you lie on your app and then get found out. Lie about your college degree though, that one still works ;)
In 3 full years of International Internet dating I've seen some winners....one lady was on one site as 34 with children 7 and 9 and she was on another site at 45 with "adult children", that was Spanish Eyes in Costa Rica, btw, and she was 45 not 34.
Another lady in Barranquilla actually posted her niece's photos in her profile. I only caught on because the niece had her profile on another site with the same photos. The niece was 20 years younger and a whole lot prettier than her aunt.
Another lady lied to me by 10 years. I got a look at her face and had doubts so later I snuck a look at her Cedula.
It is now standard for me to ask the girl to email me a scan of her cedula at about the 3rd or 4th email. I simply tell her I've never seen one and I want to know what it looks like. If she won't send it I know pretty sure she's fibbing.
Do I personally fib on my profile? Well, about what? I'm bald and I look 62 so why lie about that? I don't claim to be rich or famous, either. I figure the fewer lies you tell the less times you're going to screw up and tell the truth accidentally. Why not just tell the truth from the get go. The women are still going to love you, even if you are honest about your age.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »
don't know about agencies, but I never lie about my age and lucky enough the age range of men I am interested in seem to be fine with it, I have come across to a few that seem to think I am too young but they usually forget about numbers once they get to know me and understand some cultural differences regarding age.

If you are tempted to lie about your age I suggest you put your real one, because if you are looking for a younger woman odds are they will be interested anyways, specially if you look younger, show it off with plenty of pictures and above all, stop making a big deal out of age, take care of yourself and make the most of what you got, I would take a healthy/well-dressed and intelligent man that is 15years older than me any day over a dumb one that doesn't take care of himself that is my age or in the age range that I am more interested in (which is 8-10 years older than me)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:03 PM »
If you are thinking about lying about your age, you should just forget about it. That kind of dishonesty does not make sense when dealing with relationships. Especially if you are a man. Hell 15-20 year age differences are not that out of the norm there. And I am not just talking about with gringos, I also have seen a lot with Colombian guys. And they were not rich either.

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
If you are thinking about lying about your age, you should just forget about it. That kind of dishonesty does not make sense when dealing with relationships. Especially if you are a man. Hell 15-20 year age differences are not that out of the norm there. And I am not just talking about with gringos, I also have seen a lot with Colombian guys. And they were not rich either.

For me, if anything, I would probably do better if I added a few years and said I was 35 instead of 27. Frankly, if you are below 60, your age generally isn't a factor unless you are trying to date the under 25 crowd.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

Never felt the need to lie about my age.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
Truth will out.
-LAUNCELOT, The Merchant of Venice, W. Shakespeare

Save yourself the trouble later, don't go into this lying about anything.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline flash

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
I broke it down for a friend of mine. I'm 44, who cares how old I look. She's 18 -28. For me, no problem, she's not my daughter or a blood relation. I'm looking for a life partner, when I'm in my early 70's she'll be in her 50's. All anybody's going to say then is that's a nice old couple; both of us. I can't find a good reason to lie.

Offline raycjs

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 07:21:57 AM »
you should never lie about your age it will only turn around and bit you in the ass later. the real women in BAQ do not care about age... not an issue.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 07:42:19 AM »
Question: for guys that have used an agency (say /Jamie's which gets a lot of play here) were you HONEST about your age or did you shave a few years off?  Or does the agency require documentation regarding age so that they keep everyone honest?

if your an agency ( not foreign owned in a foreign country)  you have to get a copy of the clients passport, which will give you the age of the client, so trying to tell a lie about your age will come out very early. And in our agency, any girl who has a meeting with a client, is allowed to see their passport,  bio info and criminal report questionare.

Offline ignorante

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »
I look so much younger than my age that I am quite proud to provide my real age.  Anyway, lying is not a good way to start anything at all, much less a relationship where trust is a factor.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
I look so much younger than my age that I am quite proud to provide my real age.  Anyway, lying is not a good way to start anything at all, much less a relationship where trust is a factor.

I also look younger for my age, but I always tell the truth about my age - age 42

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293