It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Barranquilla the return  (Read 16703 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Barranquilla the return
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
Plus I'll just never forget the time I took out this 12 on a 10 and she brought her male hairdresser roommate along. Talk about a strange trip. fork costa rica lol
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »
Plus I'll just never forget the time I took out this 12 on a 10 and she brought her male hairdresser roommate along. Talk about a strange trip. fork costa rica lol

Yea, CR is pretty much a lost cause. Soo much American influence. papa johns, pizza Huts, McDonalads and KFC's. You can tell it too. A lot of fat people walking around. Why pay 600hun to go there when you can just stay where you are here in the States

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Yea, CR is pretty much a lost cause. Soo much American influence. papa johns, pizza Huts, McDonalads and KFC's. You can tell it too. A lot of fat people walking around. Why pay 600hun to go there when you can just stay where you are here in the States

It's hot, but if you are looking for chica potential Managua makes more sense if it must be Central America. Cities outside of DF and resort cities that don't get the tourist traffic in Mex work as well.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Offline stevekoozer

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
 Sorry guys I should have been more clear about Costa Rica. It would be just about right for me work wise not chasing women. I have a couple of friends here that spent a lot of time in Rica a few years ago and they said the eco tourism is awesome and the beaches in some of the the out of the way places are also nice. With what I do it would be days there and then days off on a rotation once the project is completed. I would get a place  probably in Barranquilla and do the round and round. The project stuff is pretty much straight through except for any accepted holidays. It is a thought currently, there has only been one short convo and the numbers would have to be right to get me to pull it up and thumb it south for an extended tour. I would though pay in USD which gives me about a 24% bump in conversion. I have no doubt there would be some time stipulations on phase completions, full commissioning the hand over ect. If the numbers are right and it is a 1,2,3 in sequence I could be persuaded and could probably have a semi retirement in Colombia. I would still have to do a two month stint or so a couple of times a year to have a pretty good income and be able to travel and do some fishing on my free time. No minus 40 Hmmmmmmm  8)   

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:18 AM »
Sorry guys I should have been more clear about Costa Rica. It would be just about right for me work wise not chasing women. I have a couple of friends here that spent a lot of time in Rica a few years ago and they said the eco tourism is awesome and the beaches in some of the the out of the way places are also nice. With what I do it would be days there and then days off on a rotation once the project is completed. I would get a place  probably in Barranquilla and do the round and round. The project stuff is pretty much straight through except for any accepted holidays. It is a thought currently, there has only been one short convo and the numbers would have to be right to get me to pull it up and thumb it south for an extended tour. I would though pay in USD which gives me about a 24% bump in conversion. I have no doubt there would be some time stipulations on phase completions, full commissioning the hand over ect. If the numbers are right and it is a 1,2,3 in sequence I could be persuaded and could probably have a semi retirement in Colombia. I would still have to do a two month stint or so a couple of times a year to have a pretty good income and be able to travel and do some fishing on my free time. No minus 40 Hmmmmmmm  8)

I say go for it, if your company is willing to let you work overseas.  To me, it sounds like a great chance for a new adventure.  If for some reason you didn't like living abroad, or tire of it, you could always move back.   Most people won't have the opportunity you are talking about because of commitments in the homeland. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »
I would have to leave this company I am currently working for. Which to me is not that big of a deal to me. Just have to have the right numbers. Hopefully this pans out as it would be quite a bit of work over a good time frame. I would probably then stay with the new company for overseas project work a few months here and there and kind of do a semi retirement. Fingers crossed.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
I would have to leave this company I am currently working for. Which to me is not that big of a deal to me. Just have to have the right numbers. Hopefully this pans out as it would be quite a bit of work over a good time frame. I would probably then stay with the new company for overseas project work a few months here and there and kind of do a semi retirement. Fingers crossed.
[/quote

a few months here and few months there could be a fun mix.  The way I see it is, why not live it up a little bit, instead of playing it safe.    Good luck with it. 

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »
Great report Steve. Thanks for posting. Who was it from P.L. that you got to meet up with in Barranquilla, if you don't mind me asking?

I am also considering/looking into a way to live and work in Latin America...would be a great opportunity, if all the stars could align. Hope you find a way to make it happen.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
Great report Steve. Thanks for posting. Who was it from P.L. that you got to meet up with in Barranquilla, if you don't mind me asking?

I am also considering/looking into a way to live and work in Latin America...would be a great opportunity, if all the stars could align. Hope you find a way to make it happen.

I don't really want to say and have not asked him as such. If he does pop in and talk about his trip and our meet up that's up to him. We talked sports like footy or rugby I think we even talked about cricket a bit. We talked about women a lot and how our dates were going and what girls we wanted to see again and the ones that were hell no's
So hopefully you understand as we never once talked about this site during our time down there.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 01:54:16 AM »
Actually..after your tirade I think your the one with the closed mind.

It was the other guys who suggested you might bring heecto Canadá..I was just following up on it
I never wanted to get into a pissing match..you can start pissing if you want.

If you do decide to Marry her..oe someon else from a,foreign country down the  line..I would highly recommend bringing hervover on an extended visitors visa,first for a,few months before the marirage visa. A lot less legal responsibilty while you really get to know her. Once you are
Once you are married, the Canadian Government cant turn down the TRV

Believe it or not, contrary to popular opinión, I am not bitter, I just offer an "alternative" viewpoint.

If you dont want to listen to advice from someone who has experience, whether good or bad, with obtaining marriage and TRV visas in Canada for More than One South American women thats your issue.Go on believing everything is Sunshine,Rainbows and Lollipops.. :P :P

I am going to be as polite as I can. Please save it for someone else who will fall for it. I am quite well educated on what is required to bring a girl here and any ramifications of doing so and there has been no discussion of marriage or her coming here or anything like that..........  Yes I agree you are a cynical old bastard but I add.... who has been burnt and are now bitter suspicious and totally untrusting. For the most part here you provide little quality information and any information you do think you provide of course is slued towards your current outlook. ( hire a PI to check her out all secretaries sleep with the boss to keep their jobs and so on) Really for the most part all you do here is toot your own horn and expect us to bask in your greatness. You bitched about this site being dead well thanks to you and a couple of others it is understandable why guys don't join or post about their relationships or trips why would they be bothered? So There it is in a nutshell. I could post about all the hours of conversations on the phone Skype and whatsapp what was said and what was discussed and so on....... but I won't as you would probably interject some of your grand worthless bitter cynical knowledge just to get another pi$$ing match going so you can have a laugh and feel better about yourself, while trying to tear a decent guy down when he is trying to find a good a partner in life to share with.   

There are a few guys here that I would like to meet and have beers with I think we would get along great and be able to exchange experience and info to the benefit of our selves and others here in discussion you ain't one of them. Now having said that it is about 2 hours away from the Taco Bell shift manager to arrive from the bar drunk and high as a kite to put his 2 cents in........ and once again it will only be for self service and self pumping up for not having any redeeming qualities or anything to add to the collective good.

You said your piece adding nothing so amuse yourself elsewhere at others expense while the rest of us have a sharing of information and life experience.

One down two more to go.     

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 02:15:06 AM »
I dont have to worry about Marriage and Divorce Court..I am a contented old fart  living in Colombia..I just try to give some friendly advice and warn the guys living in North América about it and they get all pissed at me.. ;D

I think Steve misquoted me too..I never said All secretaties in Colombia sleep with thier bosses to get ahead.. Sounds line something you or MUDD would sayy.. ;D
 :) :) ;)

I still think he should get a PI to check up on that gal though..ja.ja.  :)

And whats this about Taco Bell sh!te? I am an ex- píZZA HUT manager

I'd like to hear about the women that told you they loved you and that you took seriously....LOL!

Listen....if a woman ever tell you that she loves you again.....just chill and enjoy the ride....don't fall immediately head over heels in love with her and what ever you do push the thoughts of marriage and divorce court out of your mind altogether .....that is one hell of a quick way to lose a hard on. LMFAO !!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:23:40 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »
Actually..after your tirade I think your the one with the closed mind.

It was the other guys who suggested you might bring heecto Canadá..I was just following up on it
I never wanted to get into a pissing match..you can start pissing if you want.

If you do decide to Marry her..oe someon else from a,foreign country down the  line..I would highly recommend bringing hervover on an extended visitors visa,first for a,few months before the marirage visa. A lot less legal responsibilty while you really get to know her. Once you are
Once you are married, the Canadian Government cant turn down the TRV

Believe it or not, contrary to popular opinión, I am not bitter, I just offer an "alternative" viewpoint.

If you dont want to listen to advice from someone who has experience, whether good or bad, with obtaining marriage and TRV visas in Canada for More than One South American women thats your issue.Go on believing everything is Sunshine,Rainbows and Lollipops.. :P :P

Shouldn't you be off benching 200 pounds or doing your extreme sports or going out on an astounding number of dates?
  Did you ever take down that stolen picture from that guys website who has really been to Nepal?
http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=7951.msg120063#msg120063 Guess the picture is still up eh!......... oh that's right you don't know how to post pictures but yet you were very successful in the oil industry.

The taco bell comment was for someone else but as usual you are trying to make it about you! Once you sober up later today you might realise that.
 Your input advice or anything else is not required needed or asked for on this trip report so run along and enjoy your great life/retirement in Colombia.
So for the last time in a language that is less subtle and more to the point and perhaps you will understand Pi$$ off somewhere else to have your fun get your jollies or what ever else you require.

Don't you get the message?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »
Stolen picture my ass.Yeah I used a website in One discusión. Go back and review the history youll see I later posted an actual picture of me in Nepal. Whatever.

The Taco Bell thing was a bit confusing to.me.
 If you wanna know , I am taking a rest from rock Climbing.

I am now in Canadá.

I obviously have offended you. Sorry. Didnt mean to do that.
My last 2 posts were meant to be taken  tongue and cheek..

You obviously put a lot of Work into your trip report and it wasnt my intention in any way shape or form to belittle your efforts and experience.

No more comments from me on your report.message understood.

Sincerely, I appologize if I have offended you, have a great day and all the best to.you in your personal and profesional endeavours. :) :)

By the way, your idea of living and working in  Latín America is an excellent idea. Hope you can pull it off.
[quote : author=stevekoozer link=topic=8113.msg124998#msg124998 date=1438434292]
 Shouldn't you be off benching 200 pounds or doing your extreme sports or going out on an astounding number of dates?
  Did you ever take down that stolen picture from that guys website who has really been to Nepal?
http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=7951.msg120063#msg120063 Guess the picture is still up eh!......... oh that's right you don't know how to post pictures but yet you were very successful in the oil industry.

The taco bell comment was for someone else but as usual you are trying to make it about you! Once you sober up later today you might realise that.
 Your input advice or anything else is not required needed or asked for on this trip report so run along and enjoy your great life/retirement in Colombia.
So for the last time in a language that is less subtle and more to the point and perhaps you will understand Pi$$ off somewhere else to have your fun get your jollies or what ever else you require.

Don't you get the message?

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:39:55 AM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »

So hopefully you understand as we never once talked about this site during our time down there.

Yep, totally understood.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
 Sorry Guys but I had to give it some time before I posted again on this trip report to answer some questions that were asked of me. I think now it is safe to continue with out being patronised to death. Most of you guys are a pretty decent lot and have had good success in your travels and life choices. There are a couple of guys here that really do add nothing to the site and must only be allowed here for the comedic value I can see no other reason.

Anyway I will hazard to answer the questions that I never got to when thread first got going.

So in reply to Whitey asking me about construction activities
 Yes it seems to still be somewhat busy with high rise construction still on going. What I noticed more was the increased efforts to improve the sewer system to handle the immense amount of water they can get in the rainy season even though the last couple of years have been pretty dry.

FT
 I do have my head screwed on straight when it comes to these things...... yes I do like this gal quite a bit so we recently had a chat about her being just a bit too much into selling herself to me as wife material so soon. Actually we had a very good conversation about this. She understands that relationships like this take time to become accustomed to one another's cultures..... and those little idiosyncrasy's in our cultures can become more pronounced over long distance communication between trips. I always leave people room to disappoint me, either in business or relationship's and so on. Usually the disappointment happens pretty quickly if the latitude is allowed and I move on. So far no disappointment from her and I have given her the room to do so. Am I saying that this is the girl I am going to settle down with? No not at this stage with the amount of time knowing each other. But we do have a connection can't really explain it but it is there. Everything continues on quite well with us now that I had the little talk with her and the rush she seemed to be in to tie me down. We have both finished each others sentences too many times in our conversations for me to count so that is saying something about our overall connection. It is true though when a Barranquilla is into you they let you know it and if you were blind deaf and dumb you would not miss it.

Now here is something funny I got an e mail from one of the gals I met on my first trip who I liked a lot but there was just not what I was looking for. She asked me if I was coming back to Barranquilla for a visit in the future. I told her that I had already been back and had met a girl that I liked quite a bit and that we were getting along very well and I would be returning to visit her and we would continue getting to know each other and see what happens in the future. Well that was a week or so ago and she sent me another e mail last night which I got this morning asking me if I would like to meet for a coffee or a drink when I come back. I declined for oblivious reasons but suspect that she may e mail again just trying the friendship talk over coffee angle.

I return in the first week of October to visit my gal and we have found a really nice apartment in a great area for a stupid good price for what it is and where it is located. If everything with this place is as it seems I will stay there again when I return in the new year for another visit. If my semi retirement plan works out ( who knows with the current economic state of the world) and this place is good and my dealings with the owner are good I will rent this on a full time basis for my time in Barranquilla while I am not away for short project stints. She gets a couple of bonus points for going out of her way doing research and making contact with people advertising apartments for rent and telling them what was required and negotiating pricing and such. She is worried that I will spend too much money coming to visit her and has been ruthless for lack of a better term getting me the best bang for my bucks. I am also flying first class on this trip as I have gotten to a level with my chosen airline to get some deals so I am flying for about a third of the cost and not using any mileage I have for this. Hopefully I can return for Carnival if I can get the time off and as it is looking right now Jan Feb and March are going to be really slow and I would not miss the minus 40 for a few weeks that is for sure.

Have a good day Boys               

Offline fathertime

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2015, 02:00:19 PM »

Thanks Steve for the info and update.

Now here is something funny I got an e mail from one of the gals I met on my first trip who I liked a lot but there was just not what I was looking for. She asked me if I was coming back to Barranquilla for a visit in the future. I told her that I had already been back and had met a girl that I liked quite a bit and that we were getting along very well and I would be returning to visit her and we would continue getting to know each other and see what happens in the future. Well that was a week or so ago and she sent me another e mail last night which I got this morning asking me if I would like to meet for a coffee or a drink when I come back. I declined for oblivious reasons but suspect that she may e mail again just trying the friendship talk over coffee angle.

If the other lady likes you, it was smart of her to keep the communication open, and be a good enough sport about you seeing another woman.  Normally a lot of relationships fall out, so she has positioned herself as a potential backup from her viewpoint.  Of course you may feel differently.  It is obviously a wise choice for you to decline the coffee meeting...no extra temptation is needed right now.

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
Thanks Steve for the info and update.

If the other lady likes you, it was smart of her to keep the communication open, and be a good enough sport about you seeing another woman.  Normally a lot of relationships fall out, so she has positioned herself as a potential backup from her viewpoint.  Of course you may feel differently.  It is obviously a wise choice for you to decline the coffee meeting...no extra temptation is needed right now.

Fathertime!

Totally agree with this post ....... she could be a good sport..... but I have to add that she could have some dubious intentions! It would not be the first time a woman tried to break up a relationship with that emotional mindset " if I can't have him you can't either Bit*h" So it is exactly 50-50 she either likes me and is hoping for something to transpire in the future if things don't work out or she is just trying to throw a wrench in the works out of spite.

So if she does mail me again I will see what she says, if she does not no biggie. 

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »
I always leave people room to disappoint me, either in business or relationship's and so on. Usually the disappointment happens pretty quickly if the latitude is allowed and I move on. So far no disappointment from her....

Hey Steve,

I'm not 100% sure what you'd classify as "disappointments" but I'm going to go ahead and assume you're talking about the standard, bad sign, red flags and undesirable reactions/behaviors that have all given us all a moment of pause when first getting to know a woman. After 7 years of dating in Latin America I think it's more realistic to seriously consider which "disappointments" you're willing to put up with as supposed to thinking you'll never encounter them in the right woman. There are simply too many potential complications that come along with the cultural differences. I've seen gringos end it with girls for what I thought were pretty dumb reasons. But I've also had gringo friends tell me I was an idiot because of some of the reasons I've given them for parting ways with a girl. This is especially common amongst gringos that live in Latin America and are well aware there's always another one right around the corner.

I guess what I'm trying to say is prepare yourself. Some guys can't handle the hot-blooded, argumentative, jealous and irrational behavior. I've seen guys that had serious problems with their girlfriends dressing too provacatively. This is especially common in Rio because of the beach culture. For some reason almost all the women (and men) I've met from the coast of Colombia have a serious problem with lying. Usually not life or death, world ending lies but I've learned they'd rather be deceitful if they can avoid confrontation or having to take responsibility for a mistake. A lot of otherwise very good women aren't self-motivated enough to learn English fluently. My current girlfriend came from an affluent family that kept maids, nannies and housekeepers so she's absolutely useless around the house. I could probably sit here and fill up an entire page with these little nuances of Latin American Culture but I'm sure you get my point. Keeping an open mind, thinking with the big head instead of the little one...yada, yada, yada. All those things are very importat when you're still in hunting mode. But when you get to the, "trying to make it work and last" phase, it's all about patience and understanding...looking at those "disappointments" as stepping stones that eventually allow you to escalate to a higher point in the relationship instead of obstacles that prevent the relationship from going any further.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:59:07 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
There are always going to be some women who may have bad intentions, ulterior motives and so on. You have to judge them individually and remember the old saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and know when to leave them far, far behind.

I think the Latinas generally have a more fiery mindset/temperament than do a lot of Asian women, but never estimate the jealousy level a Filipina can have either.

That said, I rarely end things in an abrupt or bitter way, tending not to burn my bridges as I move on. I mentioned that there are at least a couple women I seriously dated (one to one) who things didn't work out with and who found husbands in other nations. Funny how they became Facebook friends with my wife and she's more up on their lives now than I am, occasionally showing me pictures of their kids, birthday parties and stuff like that.

I guess that when we finally get over to Switzerland or Australia where they live, we'll at least have some friends to visit.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 06:44:01 PM »

Hey Steve,

I'm not 100% sure what you'd classify as "disappointments" but I'm going to go ahead and assume you're talking about the standard, bad sign, red flags and undesirable reactions/behaviors that have all given us all a moment of pause when first getting to know a woman. After 7 years of dating in Latin America I think it's more realistic to seriously consider which "disappointments" you're willing to put up with as supposed to thinking you'll never encounter them in the right woman. There are simply too many potential complications that come along with the cultural differences. I've seen gringos end it with girls for what I thought were pretty dumb reasons. But I've also had gringo friends tell me I was an idiot because of some of the reasons I've given them for parting ways with a girl. This is especially common amongst gringos that live in Latin America and are well aware there's always another one right around the corner.

I guess what I'm trying to say is prepare yourself. Some guys can't handle the hot-blooded, argumentative, jealous and irrational behavior. I've seen guys that had serious problems with their girlfriends dressing too provacatively. This is especially common in Rio because of the beach culture. For some reason almost all the women (and men) I've met from the coast of Colombia have a serious problem with lying. Usually not life or death, world ending lies but I've learned they'd rather be deceitful if they can avoid confrontation or having to take responsibility for a mistake. A lot of otherwise very good women aren't self-motivated enough to learn English fluently. My current girlfriend came from an affluent family that kept maids, nannies and housekeepers so she's absolutely useless around the house. I could probably sit here and fill up an entire page with these little nuances of Latin American Culture but I'm sure you get my point. Keeping an open mind, thinking with the big head instead of the little one...yada, yada, yada. All those things are very importat when you're still in hunting mode. But when you get to the, "trying to make it work and last" phase, it's all about patience and understanding...looking at those "disappointments" as stepping stones that eventually allow you to escalate to a higher point in the relationship instead of obstacles that prevent the relationship from going any further.
+1

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »

Hey Steve,

http://www.planet-love.com/Themes/default/images/bbc/bold.gif

Like I said in my previous post in this thread:

>>I think the Latinas generally have a more fiery mindset/temperament than do a lot of Asian women, but never estimate the jealousy level a Filipina can have either.<<

I can't deal with flame out fights or sharply up and down moods, no matter how damn hot the sex is after we make up. I need to know what I'm coming home to, or else I might not come home. I had a Filipina GF I took a few weeks to spend time with once and she was so possessive and jealous--usually jealous for no good reason, that combined with her calling (very expensive for her) me at my job once I got home (big no no) and the never ending dramas, she's the one girl in the past 15 years I was close with who I ended ALL contact with. No 'Happy New Year" etc.

But nobody's perfect either and certain parts of the world do have certain cultural and other characteristics that come with the woman. I think Whitey's lovely wife defies a lot of the coastal, Barranquilla  Colombiana characteristic stereotypes, but she's exceptional in a lot of other ways too. I can't deal with lies, as once they start, I never can be sure anymore.

Sometimes the trade off for not much of a temper is 'passive aggression' where you have to figure out what's eating her. NOT good. I had to learn to accept that my wife almost never needs her 'own space' that she loves cuddling and physical attention, making small talk, jokes and that I have to clearly, but sweetly, tell her when and how I need my 'own space and time', even occasionally recovering some ground there, by firmly reminding her that:  "I told you before we got married that I......"

I'm glad I showed her my ass, my bad side, habits, peccadillos etc. before we married--I even exaggerated some of it. I didn't want her TOO shocked. Sh!t boys, she's gonna find out anyways...Lose your passport when you're over there--THAT's a real test!  If you fart and pick your nose, don't save those precious moments for later either. Blackjack, cigars and whiskey? Go for it now! Forget the Tic Tacs one day. Eat too fast and talk with your mouth full if you do already sometimes. Too often we're on such 'good behavior' that after the honeymoon, you're each different people. Surprise, surprise!

If you're a slob, or as my wife said: "You lack household organization--would you mind if I came there if I cleaned up a bit?"--don't clean up you cam area TOO much.

I think the Kooze is pushing the envelope a bit, but in a good way. I don't sense him even subconsciously setting up a 'self fulfilling prophecy' one where no girl will ever meet his impossibly high standards, so he'll never have to commit. I don't Benjio was referring to him when he said:

>>I've seen gringos end it with girls for what I thought were pretty dumb reasons.<<

I think by and large he's being appropriately patient and pragmatic about it, which is in stark contrast to most guys, both Asian and Latin side alike, who rush it like it's some Jiffy Corn Bread box muffin recipe!

Long term gratification rarely comes in instantaneous form.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:40:31 PM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »
It occurred to me that I should've mentioned (again) that it's good--even healthy, for your GF or wife to be a bit jealous or at least concerned and aware of the playing field you face in life, at work, all around. If she doesn't she's either dumb, or maybe doesn't care and either way, it's not good.

No one should have to come home to baseless accusations, but should come home to someone who cares about where you've been and how things went.

I went into a meeting yesterday and ran into an old GF I hadn't seen in 25 years. Going back to our 20's--we used to run very fast together--she and I had been super intense back then. The proverbial 'human trampoline' and me. So it was in the old school sense 'a trip' to run into her professionally, looking into those baby blues again, LOL. Got a hug--it was all sweetness and light, then down to business. Two minutes of nostalgia, thirty minutes of business.

Naturally, my wife was very curious when I mentioned it. I told her all the old, saucy details and that was that. My wife knows she's 'front shelf' all the way--I don't (didn't) even think of going back there. The 'old squeeze' had aged like fine wine and was single again, but hey, in comparison, I've got the best of the new vintage, I figure. Like Paul Newman, married to the same woman for 50 years said:

"Why go out for a hamburger when you've got steak at home?"

Right now, I'm telling her it's still too hot outside for us to go walk/run around the lake, then lift some weights just yet--she's raring to go--worried she might have gained a pound or two from the sweetbread cake and muffins she baked last night. She weighs now what she did when she was 21 y/o--go figure. If she had an identical twin, I could bench press both of them and then some.

I know the 'climate' at the company my wife works, the office crew, pecking order, 'all that' and I coolly monitor the situation--- she knows how my days usually go. We don't have to interrogate each other or act paranoid, but here too, as is usually the case, ignorance is not bliss. If you don't stay tuned to an extent, bad stuff can happen, especially if you're in a rough patch in your marriage/relationship.

So, the day she stops worrying about me and other women, about 'temptation'--I'll start worrying! ::)

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 03:10:49 AM »
Damn, why did I just now see this thread?

Good stuff, keep us posted as to how things progress.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 03:10:49 AM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »
Oh yea and be careful with that other lady who's emailing you.  It might be a set up.  Maybe your novia is friends with her and they're testing you to see if you're really sincere or just another shameless sleazeball.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »
It occurred to me that I should've mentioned (again) that it's good--even healthy, for your GF or wife to be a bit jealous or at least concerned and aware of the playing field you face in life, at work, all around. If she doesn't she's either dumb, or maybe doesn't care and either way, it's not good.

No one should have to come home to baseless accusations, but should come home to someone who cares about where you've been and how things went.

I went into a meeting yesterday and ran into an old GF I hadn't seen in 25 years. Going back to our 20's--we used to run very fast together--she and I had been super intense back then. The proverbial 'human trampoline' and me. So it was in the old school sense 'a trip' to run into her professionally, looking into those baby blues again, LOL. Got a hug--it was all sweetness and light, then down to business. Two minutes of nostalgia, thirty minutes of business.

Naturally, my wife was very curious when I mentioned it. I told her all the old, saucy details and that was that. My wife knows she's 'front shelf' all the way--I don't (didn't) even think of going back there. The 'old squeeze' had aged like fine wine and was single again, but hey, in comparison, I've got the best of the new vintage, I figure. Like Paul Newman, married to the same woman for 50 years said:

"Why go out for a hamburger when you've got steak at home?"

Right now, I'm telling her it's still too hot outside for us to go walk/run around the lake, then lift some weights just yet--she's raring to go--worried she might have gained a pound or two from the sweetbread cake and muffins she baked last night. She weighs now what she did when she was 21 y/o--go figure. If she had an identical twin, I could bench press both of them and then some.

I know the 'climate' at the company my wife works, the office crew, pecking order, 'all that' and I coolly monitor the situation--- she knows how my days usually go. We don't have to interrogate each other or act paranoid, but here too, as is usually the case, ignorance is not bliss. If you don't stay tuned to an extent, bad stuff can happen, especially if you're in a rough patch in your marriage/relationship.

So, the day she stops worrying about me and other women, about 'temptation'--I'll start worrying! ::)

True about the jealousy thing. She has asked me a couple of times who I was talking to on what's app during us having a conversation. From time to time one of my buddies in the states will hit me up on what's app for a chat when I am talking to her. So far it has not been overt crazy jealous reactions but there was just a hint.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 165