It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: July 2006 trip to Barranquilla part one  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Steve

July 2006 trip to Barranquilla part one
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »
I don't quite know where to begin. Here goes...
I was in Barranquilla from July 9 to July 29. On July 9th I drove from my home in Broward County (just north of Miami, FL) to a place called Airport Fast Park where I parked my car. This place is just outside Miami International Airport and is cheaper to park there than it is inside the airport. They have locations by other U.S. airports as well www.airportfastpark.com . From there a van took me to the Avianca section of Miami International Airport. The line to register/check in luggage was quite long but moved steadily-I would suggest showing up at least 2 hours before the flight. I boarded the plane without incident.
     During the flight I sat next to a Colombiana and her son. The Colombiana was stunningly beautiful and I saw no ring on either hand but she had a child and that is a "deal killer" for me. On top of this I must confess that I am shy and awkward around women. We talked. She had brought her son to see Disney World. I discussed the purpose of my trip to Colombia and she wished me luck.
     I got to Barranquilla where it took about 45 minutes to clear immigration and customs. When I stepped outside to where the crowd was waiting I was greeted by Vanessa and one of the women I had chosen from International Introductions website. I had chosen Jaime's agency. Although I speak,read and write pretty good spanish I found Vanessa to be of great help. I didn't need translator service but she helped me break the ice with my dates-especially the group dates.
     As we drove in a taxi to my hotel I spoke to Vanessa and my first date. The woman who was my first date asked me many questions to which I responded. She also commented on how soft my hair was as she ran her hand softly through it. I was surprised for a moment but I really enjoyed the sensation. She did this for about a minute.
     We reached my hotel-American Golf-where I checked in. I was told by Vanessa that my first group date was in about 1 hour and to get ready.When we arrived by taxi at the restaurant Jaime greeted me outside. We spoke briefly and he told me to call him if I needed anything. The restaurant was an Italian place run by a couple called Doce Vita ( I probably got the spelling wrong). It was the same place that Ebony Prince went to on his first group date.
     As I walked into the dining room I saw several women. I introduced myself to them and they started asking me questions. I answered their questions and asked them some in return. Vanessa would sometimes fill in the gaps in conversation. I may speak spanish but I'm not the best converationalist in the world. Some of the girls commented that I didn't look like a typical American. I told them of my latino heritage (Dominican mother and Puerto Rican father). For whatever it is worth my spanish speaking skills and latino heritage were a plus with all the women I met throughout this trip. More than a few girls told me throughout this trip that they hated communicating via a translator....
     I had the bad habit of often looking down at whatever I was drinking as I spoke. This was done by me not out of disrespect but because of my shyness and inability at times to carry a conversation. My shyness and awkwardness were a big negative to women throughout the trip. Soon the group date ended and the women waited outside as Vanessa told me to pick who I might be interested in meeting again-assuming they would go out on a future date with me again. I picked two possible future candidates. I was surprised to learn that they were all interested in seeing me again.
     After the group date I had a single dinner date with a woman who I didn't seem to have much chemistry with. I don't think she was interested in me. When I asked Vanessa what she thought she agreed that the lady didn't seem interested. I went back to my hotel by taxi ending my first day in Barranquilla.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
RE: July 2006 trip to Barranquilla part one
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 09:55:17 AM »
Love the frankness and detail.  

Thanks for responding to the PM as well.

Fathertime
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats