It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Checking in. 10+ years successful marriage to beautiful Barranquillera  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Hi Guys, Just checking in. I forgot to report last Dec. Still going stronger than ever with marriage to my wife from Barranquilla. Smoother and smoother every year. Cannot recall a fight in the last couple years. Even with us being together almost all the time due to COVID lockdown. Our son is happy and healthy. My two kids from ex get along excellent with wife. Have not been traveling much to Colombia anymore. No need really. Life is still pretty rough there. Father in law passed away from COVID at a very young age. COVID numbers have been pretty bad there until just recently.

All in all, I would say definitely one of the best, if not THE best decision I have made in my lifetime. Not being cocky. Just have been luckier than most. I know things can go down the [snip]ter in an instant though, but at least at my age, in my mid 50's now, I doubt I will be screwing it up by chasing other P. We have a really great thing going and enjoying every day together. She is still super beautiful and fit. No bad habits whatsoever since coming to the States. No drinking to excess, drugs, laziness, gambling, credit card debt, nothing.

So if there are any rookies out there, I am one example that it can be done.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and that we make it through this next upswing on the COVID BS.

Take care.

Offline John W

Re: Checking in. 10+ years successful marriage to beautiful Barranquillera
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 11:45:06 PM »
Congrats AB!  Good to hear you and your wife are still going strong. 

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 11:46:26 PM »
Yes sir. Much better than I could have ever imagined. And best mom too. I am a lucky SOB for sure.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 11:46:26 PM »

Offline ignorante

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 05:26:09 PM »
Glad to hear it worked out for you! 

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 11:47:20 AM »
Congrats AB!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Checking in. 15+ years successful marriage
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 05:51:33 PM »
Congrats AB! Greetings from Skidaway Island, The Landings! Best holiday wishes, all. Hoping to spend at least a month next year at our house in the Philippines--a home titled in our name, that I've yet to spend the night. We will surely have a lot of fun, maybe visit Bangkok with the family for some 'big city lights' buzz.

Hard to believe it's been almost 16 years together now.  Wife's career moved to full time working from home, a blessing, since I retired in 2018. Actually, she can work from anywhere and we can still pamper ea other. Since, we looked (traveled north, south, east and west), only to realize where we wanted to be was 23 minutes away, that was ironic. Moving was hard, but so worth it. 

There's a light at the end of this long crazy tunnel called 'life' and it's not a train!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 06:33:32 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline ignorante

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »
Looks like a nice place and situation, Robert.  Thanks for updating us.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »
Thank you. I would be a hypocrite not to come back. I use to complain about people dropping out like ghosts, including long time regulars, with epic posts about ups and downs, fights. LOL. Feather's used to fly in here!

We always figured something wasn't right, and feeling like a dog with it's tail between it's legs, off they ran. Maybe bad human nature to expect the worse, but did we see some train wrecks here or not??

So, I would feel obliged to come back if my marriage cratered and 'spill the beans." But we're in a pretty good  place right now although our 25 year age difference never goes away--A red flag we would've called out anyday.

But life's's worked out pretty well for a retired Teacher and his bride thus far, bumps, warts and all (the last 2, if rare). My wife helped raise two great sons, especially the younger one, who was climbing into our bed during lightning/thunderstorms when he was 7 y/o. Among other things, she helped him thru calculus and he's killing it today in A.I with his UGA  degree--he was Manhattan Associates 'rookie of the year'  living on Piedmont Park, after interning 2 summers. He's happy with his life and sweet on a Nicaraguan girl who also seems quite nice.

But we really love the island, 30+ miles of walking, biking trails, fishing, crabbing, deer and a ton of wildlife (ever found a snake in your trashcan?) everywhere and since those pics from last Saturday, we haven't gone anywhere. It was like 2018 since I wore (gag me) a 'suit.' Takes a LOT to get us (espec. my wife) off the island. She's working from home, but also gets at least 5 weeks of vacay and has some extra in the 'bank' to carry over to next year--good benefits and we like travel. But if health insurance for her wasn't an issue (although at almost 40, she has near perfect health) we'd have her quit her job altogether.

Holler at us if you're out this way--I don't think that perhaps other than "awesome" (LOL), that I wouldn't enjoy meeting anybody here. (if anybody's left, LOL.) I wish we could help more people find happiness. All 6000 of my posts weren't battles with Ray and Fathertime!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:21:14 PM by robert angel »

Offline ag1987

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 06:10:56 AM »
Awesome man. I also have been a lurker for some time (not nearly as much as the OGs here). I am happy to report I am happily married as well - got married over the summer.

Wife is here from BAQ and we are in the slow waiting process of getting her green card. Thankfully she has been extremely patient and understanding - she was working a couple full time jobs at a University in CO - one has allowed her to continue remote, but the peso salary compared to USD is a crime given her master's degree...sigh.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 01:00:02 PM »
Awesome man. I also have been a lurker for some time (not nearly as much as the OGs here). I am happy to report I am happily married as well - got married over the summer.

Wife is here from BAQ and we are in the slow waiting process of getting her green card. Thankfully she has been extremely patient and understanding - she was working a couple full time jobs at a University in CO - one has allowed her to continue remote, but the peso salary compared to USD is a crime given her master's degree...sigh.

Congratulations!! Wow, that is so affirmative to hear. Salute! I remember those days--we had sort of a "You and me against the world"--doing the endless paperwork, waiting.

I don't have to be single to say that males in the USA often have a land mine of awkward single  females to deal with.

Coming here with an open mind and a taste for adventure never hurt anybody. Certainly not you!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Married since May 2012 to a Barranquilla with 2 daughters. Time has flown by. Great to hear you are enjoying being with each other !

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345