Forum > Asian -> Trip Reports

Puerto Galera

<< < (2/2)

z_k_g:

--- Quote from: thekfc on March 05, 2019, 07:09:11 AM ---Congratulations on the wedding.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

--- Quote from: thekfc on March 05, 2019, 07:09:11 AM ---On our next visit to the PI, my wife plan on going to Batangas/Cavite to visit family there, she always spend all her time in Manila & Pangasinan .

--- End quote ---
Puerto Galera is directly across the archipelago from Batangas about an hour each way, a day trip to White Sand Beach is possible!  You can leave early in the morning and come back on the last ferry!

thekfc:

--- Quote from: z_k_g on March 05, 2019, 07:17:12 AM ---Puerto Galera is directly across the archipelago from Batangas about an hour each way, a day trip to White Sand Beach is possible!  You can leave early in the morning and come back on the last ferry!
--- End quote ---
What she plan on doing on our next trip to the PI is go but don't tell anyone that we are coming so maybe we can do that before she visit any family members. We plan on staying at a hotel this time so she can free go where she want , when she wants. Only issue is if one person finds out then the news will quickly spread so we are keeping the trip hush hush.

My wife & son were there this past June/July but she didn't get to enjoy it much (it rained almost every day & the garbage burning in some area did a number on her sinus).

robert angel:
I'm just a sucker for a top ten, world class beautiful beach. With out a ton of westerners, so no Boracay now for us.

The Philippines probably has 100's of beaches that could be considered as 'top ten', but for now Palawan and Bohol are top of our list, along with the Cloud Nine (Siargao) beach.
https://www.thetravelmagazine.net/surfing-philippines-cloud-9-siargao.html

In some instances, I worry that the Koreans and Japanese are gonna buy up all the best water front.

Microsoft's big Bill and Melinda Gates reportably LOVE Palawan.  I've heard they've even brought their kids there.

It didn't come up again in a quick search, but I heard that last time, their kids had to fly back before their parents, as their school's Easter Break was over.

AND that their parents flew them back to Washington state on a civilian,  commercial airline!!!

Cheep, cheap, cheep...LOL

robert angel:
Sheet, like I said, knowing everything about a Filipina is impossible for us Kanos.

Like a mysterious onion, I suppose there will always be new layers of the onion unpeeling over the years

I mentioned the "Cloud Nine Beach" again to her a few minutes ago. It's on a lot of surfer's top 10 lists, w/ Bali, Australia, etc...

This time, she happened to remember:

"Oh Honey,  my Auntie has a home right there ON Cloud Nine and she's said before that we can not only stay there, but she also has a free car for us to use"""

Air flight is about an hour by jet from the  airport closest to our house, in big, safe Davao City.

Jet airfare for island hopping in the Philippines,  (over 7100 islands) costs about what bus or train might cost in the USA=CHEAP.

A nice vacation in the Philippines can be very cheap. Or ultra luxe private islands are available for 2 or 3 thou$and dollars a night.

I'm cool experiencing such, on a much less expensive basis, like a 'local' native. Real.

"When in Rome, do as...."

But usually,  the longest,  most expensive part is getting to the Philippines, then it gets cheap.

It took ten years for her to hint that we probably have a bit of land in prime New Dauis, Bohol too.

But the whopper was after about eight years mentioning all the land her parents have bought over many years, largely devoted to "copra" (coconut) agriculture. With some corn, mangos and low, wet land, where they have rice fields.

Turns out this white boy might have to end up working/running a large,  remotely situated coconut plantation! OMG...

Gotta resist. Can't imagine me around all those other farmer's daughters. The devil might lead me into: "flagrante delicto"

Besides, with copra down to 14 cents a kilo now, from a previous 30 cents, I'm not "feeling" a green thumb!!

My wife just said she was going to write Philippine President Duterte, asking him to rise the price paid for copra!!

LOL, 'Green Acres' TV show, but not exactly as seen on old USA TV reruns and on YouTube, may be in our future!

She's always hated talking about family land, in terms of numbers, be it land area, or value. It's like she thinks her Mom will live forever,  which I honestly hope is the case...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version