It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I think I caused a divorce  (Read 1716 times)

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
I think I caused a divorce
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:35:41 PM »
Yea, this is not satire. Seriously, a friend of mine brought his dad out to dinner awhile back. He met my wife and just started asking questions. All I did was answer his questions. Today I got a call from my friend saying his dad just moved out of the house with his mom.  :o

Just from listening to this guy's dad (who is probably in his early 50s... not an old looking guy at all really) he was telling me that he and his "wife" slept in different rooms and all that. I never encouraged this guy to move out or anything... he just did that on his own.

But yea my buddy... he blamed me... which is why I vowed long ago to never get involved in friends and families personal lives and be a matchmaker. Well even just telling the truth about my experiences gets me into something way deeper than I want to be in.

It didn't take long for my friend to calm down a little. It did take awhile for it to sink in that all I did was answer his dad's questions. It was already a broken marriage and things eventually would have boiled over regardless of him ever meeting me... well at least I'd like to think.

I would assume others out there have had their relationship cause something like this?

I mean hell they weren't even sleeping in the same bed... so no reason I should lose sleep over this. Still kinda threw me for a loop though...  :-\
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Woody

• Trips: Resident
Re: I think I caused a divorce
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
I mean hell they weren't even sleeping in the same bed... so no reason I should lose sleep over this. Still kinda threw me for a loop though...  :-\

Absolutely no reason to lose sleep over this. All you did was tell the truth, something severely lacking in our "sensitivity attuned" society. With a marriage that broken, your friend should be thanking you. His dad will finally have a shot at happiness again. All you did was present some cold, hard facts and cause his dad to re-evaluate his life situation.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »

Absolutely no reason to lose sleep over this. All you did was tell the truth, something severely lacking in our "sensitivity attuned" society. With a marriage that broken, your friend should be thanking you. His dad will finally have a shot at happiness again. All you did was present some cold, hard facts and cause his dad to re-evaluate his life situation.

well said!!
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »
Hi bcc,

Not your fault...it is called a mid-life crisis. He has decided to break free from the ball and chain that binds him. I remember when a a bunch of co-workers went through it in the 80's. Holy crap, going to the fire station was like going onto a set of Miami Vice. The clothes, fast and fancy cars, go-fast boats, permed, dyed, and/or styled hair, pierced ears, gold chains and jewelry, working out, young Latinas hanging around (most of the guys were married to AW's, I was ahead of my time)...  ;D Fortunately, I was single when my mid-life crisis hit (I didn't go for the perm, but did date many young Latinas).

I have heard a lot of guys I know say in front of their wives, including my ex's husband, "Next time, I'm going to the Philippines!  ;D

Dave

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:17:55 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »
GOOD JOB DAVE!
Looks like you advanced at least two decades, maybe more. Last time I saw you, you looked like this:

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:24:13 PM »
That's OK. I looked like this then:

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »
Jeff--you still wearing that 'Old Spice' cologne?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
You betcha:

Offline bcc_1_2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:15 PM »
Yep... guess I just get credit for sparking the mid-life crisis.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
Yep.  What women don't get is that the wife sets the tone of the marriage.  He didn't leave her, she drove him away.  And given their long history together (there must be some good years in there), she could easily win him back.  But how many women want to put in the effort?  Easier to just be pissed all the time.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864