It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Lying Media  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Bear

Lying Media
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:49:18 PM »
We've gotten calls, posts and chats from friends all over and we appreciate the concern.  Actually things are pretty awesome for us so far.  Really nice out.  I went out and watch the wind blow and there at about 59mph currently.  Galveston has gotten the worst so far with the Strand Tourist area being underwater.  Our hangout we like to go to called the Boardwalk is completely under water.  Not much rain has hit yet this flooding is from the stormsurge which is predicted to be about 22 feet.  That means the water before the rain and wave action will be 22' above normal.  The area I am in has never flooded so this isn't bothering me.  My biggest concern his the 80-100 mph winds might cause us to lose power or sending something through the windows.  Still the storm is one of the fastest moving I've ever seen.  Its supposed to be in Ft Worth by 7AM and thats 300 miles north and it hasn't even gotten here yet?  The program I posted call www.stormpulse.com says its still 70 miles off shore.

Our friends in Arizona say that CNN is saying gasoline i $6/ gallon and the whole city has been ordered to evacuate.  Just not true.  Anyone charging more than about 3.45-3.55 will go to jail and only the communities along the Gulf Coast were ordered to evacuate yesterday.  We were told to shelter-in-place.  So if you are in Arizona call them and tell them to quit lying.

If you want to see some of the storm action look at this site.

http://media.myfoxhouston.com/weather/myfoxhurricane

The Bear Family

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:06:20 AM by Dan »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats