It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: SURA EPS (basic Colombian health insurance)  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
SURA EPS (basic Colombian health insurance)
« on: June 08, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
My baby was born May 21st and SURA paid for 99 percent of the cost.
I was shocked to find out that they are going to pay my girlfriend minimum wage for 18 weeks to stay home and take care of the baby.

https://www.epssura.com/nuestras-oficinas-menu-boletin2-244?id=1293:empleadores-y-nueva-licencia-de-maternidad-&catid=7:noticias-empleadores

Filed for my resident visa based on the birth of my child. Should arrive next week.
Used a visa agency here in Medellin that cost me 1,720.000 cop in total for the visa fee and service.....which saved me a trip to bogota and spending a day standing in line

I thought I might have been able to do it all myself but found out that the mother has to sign a letter saying that she wants the father of the child to live in Colombia before you can get the resident visa.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
Re: SURA EPS (basic Colombian health insurance)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
congrats, happy the baby is healthy.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
I was shocked to find out that they are going to pay my girlfriend minimum wage for 18 weeks to stay home and take care of the baby.

https://www.epssura.com/nuestras-oficinas-menu-boletin2-244?id=1293:empleadores-y-nueva-licencia-de-maternidad-&catid=7:noticias-empleadores

Filed for my resident visa based on the birth of my child. Should arrive next week.
Used a visa agency here in Medellin that cost me 1,720.000 cop in total for the visa fee and service.....which saved me a trip to bogota and spending a day standing in line

I thought I might have been able to do it all myself but found out that the mother has to sign a letter saying that she wants the father of the child to live in Colombia before you can get the resident visa.

Congrats, Hope all is well as can be, Daddio!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »
Congratulations Dad!!!!! I hope mom and baby are healthy!

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »
Congrats!

Offline buencamino2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 06:35:59 AM »
Good going. Because of the child you will probably qualify for a visa residente indefinida which means you won´t have to renew it every five years though you will still have to renew your cedula. That visa may still require like the pensionado does that you are not out of the country for more than 180 days in a year. People with pensionado visas have to renew both visa and cedula every five years.

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »
buenacamino said:
Good going. Because of the child you will probably qualify for a visa residente indefinida which means you won´t have to renew it every five years though you will still have to renew your cedula. That visa may still require like the pensionado does that you are not out of the country for more than 180 days in a year. People with pensionado visas have to renew both visa and cedula every five years.
I know nothing about being a gringo and becoming a resident in Colombia. However, this was a topic of discussion on another forum, (perhaps you participated, I don't know), on this subject. What I came away from it was that the recent ruling is that there no longer is a 'indefinida' visa. However, the thread went on to say if you ask 10 different Colombian people/immigration agents the same question, you will get 10 different answers!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »

It’s a resident visa but I don’t know if it is indefinite
I’ll let you know if it has an expiration date on the visa when I get it

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »
Congratulations Calipro. Best of luck

I know hoy time us before was it a boy or girl?

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »

Congrats to you Calipro!!!  I am 55 with a three year old daughter.    It's not easy being a new dad at this age but I love my daughter more than anything. I am sure you will be a great father as well!!!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »

Congrats to you Calipro!!!  I am 55 with a three year old daughter.    It's not easy being a new dad at this age but I love my daughter more than anything. I am sure you will be a great father as well!!!

Being a hands on dad for a baby/toddler has great side benefits! All chasing the lill one around---why it's like an aerobics program!

All the lifting strengthens your arms and lower back!

The wonderment and anticipation of what the little one's going to do next, keeps your mind sharp, conditioning  it even when sleep deprived.

Baby's curiosity is unparalleled, and you learn other new skills, like how using hardware and duct tape, making drawers and cabinets unaccessible.

All joking aside, it really is a great time, watching them grow, morphing into new and different levels every six to twelve months or so.

Enjoy every moment, because this is the best of times, really a honeymoon and then like all honeymoons, but here, after it's after about twelve years, 99.99% of these splendidly delightfully butterflies 'morph' into little mono sentence speaking, awkward adolescents, who think you're older than dirt! And just as uncool!

We never thought that our younger son would hit 'that stage' but he did, albeit not as hard as his older brother, so it may be inevitable to some extent. So again, doubly enjoy them NOW!!

But if you've done your job right, after a few years, they morph yet again and come to love, respect and appreciation you all over again!

A possible added side effect is if someday you may have Grandchildren, and the harder parts mentioned above are greatly reduced, while all the joy's and pleasures will repeat!

Never a dull moment!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »

Yeah I thank god my girlfriend is young
She gets up every three hours to breat feed the baby

I honestly don’t know how she does it
Because it is a lot more work than just giving a baby a bottle

Espát I have a baby girl

I tried to get tickets for the football game but it sold out in a couple of hours and I just can’t see paying 180 mill for ticketa that cost 90 mill
I though I’d treat my girlfriends father to a football game because this is a big game and he likes nacional

But for all the money we saved I thought we could go to some mice place to watch the game
Well I ended up in some neighbor sports bar in bello instead
Every now and then it just hits me just how young Colombians are on average
Because this place is packed and I’m pretty sure I’m the oldest person here

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »
Remember Calipro: When you have a son, you are a father. When you have a daughter, you are a 'Daddy'!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
Remember Calipro: When you have a son, you are a father. When you have a daughter, you are a 'Daddy'!

And you'll always.known somewhere along the Iines of "Mr. Money", ATM, soft touch, etc....

Just be careful with that "Princess to be" - - I must confess that to an extent, my sons are connoisseurs, fashionistas and bon vivants. Sometimes, it seems like they know 'the price of everything and the value of nothing'. That really started when they academically earned their way into a nationally acclaimed public arts academy high school and became immersed in a new, hipper crowd.

Maybe it was inevitable, aside from their needing eyeglasses from being hooked on video games (which can double as baby sitters if not careful) , I can't blame that all on nintendo. Now that they're working in the real world, including my youngest son in a $23! an hour college internship, the tint's off their rose colored glasses a bit.

But whereas in college I would take leftovers and put them, and an egg, in ramen noodle soup, they're like Pavlov's dog when it comes to hunger.

For them, being hungry brings an immediate association with 'restaurant'

But sometimes I think a couple of Christmas'in Cambodia wouldn't have hurt...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »

Two sides of the same coin really

I can teach my daughter to stay away from dead beat dads
Just like I would have taught my son to stay clear of welfare moms

Have a couple for friends that got caught up with welfare moms and now they are paying for kids they hardly ever see

One of the welfare moms actually some how got a restraining order against one of my friends by lying in court

And now charges him 150 bucks every time he wants to see his own child

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »

Have a couple for friends that got caught up with welfare moms and now they are paying for kids they hardly ever see

One of the welfare moms actually some how got a restraining order against one of my friends by lying in court

I kind of meant that statement in a respectful, almost playful way. Not as the guy with the hand looking for his wallet.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »

Only in America...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
Only in America...

Last night at the bar....there was about 10 of my girlfriend’s primos there....watching the game with us

I’m standing in line to use the restroom and the guy in front of me is another one of my girlfriends primos

We finally make it into the bathroom and some guy comes in ....pulls out a knife and a little plastic bag and starts doing bumps of coke right in front of us

When it’s my turn to piss the druggy cuts in front of me and uses the urinal
The primo tells me that I shouldn’t let the guy cut in front of me
That I’m family now and that he has my back jajaja

It going to take awhile for me to figure out which  primos are the real bad asses and which ones are [snip] talkers

Just didn’t see the point in starting an altercation with a Coked up guy with a knife

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 03:29:19 PM »
^^Congrats on the birth of your daughter Calipro.

You did the right thing in letting the coke head cut in front of you. Absolutely not worth escalating a situation like that....espeically as a father with a new born baby. 

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »
Calipro said:
Last night at the bar....there was about 10 of my girlfriend’s primos there....watching the game with us

I’m standing in line to use the restroom and the guy in front of me is another one of my girlfriends primos

We finally make it into the bathroom and some guy comes in ....pulls out a knife and a little plastic bag and starts doing bumps of coke right in front of us

When it’s my turn to piss the druggy cuts in front of me and uses the urinal
The primo tells me that I shouldn’t let the guy cut in front of me
That I’m family now and that he has my back jajaja

It going to take awhile for me to figure out which  primos are the real bad asses and which ones are [snip] talkers

Just didn’t see the point in starting an altercation with a Coked up guy with a knife
No sense being a dope with a dope who has dope and a knife!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 08:13:50 AM »

Awesome news all around Cali. Very happy for you guys!!

Offline Calipro

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Got my visa on Friday

It is a R TITULAR PRINCIPAL VISA and is good for 5 years.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »

Offline buencamino2

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 11:39:55 AM »
Thanks for the update. I´m surprised it wasn´t an indefinida but elsewhere on the net I´ve read the policy has changed. Mine just says RE Titular so maybe ¨Principal¨ reflects your fatherhood.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
Thanks for the update. I´m surprised it wasn´t an indefinida but elsewhere on the net I´ve read the policy has changed. Mine just says RE Titular so maybe ¨Principal¨ reflects your fatherhood.

My visa is good for five years and my passport expires in a little less than five years

Problem is....my passport is almost full and I hear the US state department no longer adds pages to full passports.

I hear that I have to apply for a completely new passport and if I want to use the visa I have to travel with the new and the old passport.

Do you have any experience with that?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864